Idea/Interest Check: The Haunted Villa

Started by Galactic Druid, May 28, 2015, 10:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I absolutely love mafia games, as many of us on this subforum do, but I'll be the first to admit, there is a small problem with them; it's no fun to die, especially early on. I've been trying to come up with solutions for this, and what I've come up with is a haunted settings, where dead players are able to linger as ghosts.

Ghosts would have slightly restricted posting privledges (something like 1 post per day or during a specific seance phase. They could only PM other ghosts or special roles that PM them, etc.). It may help deceased players have more to do on both sides, as well as alleviate some of the pain of death and that self preservation instinct.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in participating in such a game over the classic werewolf formula.

For those wondering, I'm still planning on running the lone wolf game we polled for first.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Remiel

Or perhaps have a role, a la the Town of Salem's medium, that has the ability to speak with the dead?

Silver

Oh I like Remi's idea.. would make the game quite interesting..
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Madame Professor

I would be interested in seeing more dead player involvement. A medium could be fun on the forums.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Blythe

Verasaille

I love this idea! The town medium or the Seer? I would like to know more of the rules you have in mind.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006