Under Siege (Captured City Fantasy Freeform, LGBTQ and Hetero Friendly)

Started by Deamonbane, January 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

*Ish tackled and momentarily distracted* Hey don't throw your hot bod at me! Imy trying to be all GM-y and stuff!!! XD

Vatovie and Ontan! Your applications have been put on the approved list and linked in the second post of this thread.

Oh shit....

I still have ratio's to do....ugh...okay that is coming up next!

Also please remember, if you post an application here, it does not get approved unless you send it to both Deamonbane and I in PM's. Thank you.

-Viper

Deamonbane

*smiles and kisses Miss Viper on the nose* I missed ya 'round these parts s'all

GM Announcement: The Out of Character Thread is officially Open!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Viper

Ratio's are up! These are the current stats!

PLAYERS
Lord's -- 5
Lady's -- 9
Liege's -- 0

CHARACTERS
Barbarian Alliance -- 3
Royal Alliance -- 6
Rebellion Alliance -- 1
Neutral -- 4

WOOT For the OOC!

Elf

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 19, 2015, 10:46:58 AM
*smiles and kisses Miss Viper on the nose* I missed ya 'round these parts s'all

GM Announcement: The Out of Character Thread is officially Open!

Awesome! *Does little excited dance*

Kendra

Quote from: Viper on January 19, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Madame Professor and Deathnote! I just added your applications to the roster and links can be seen on post two of this thread!

Kendra! I believe I have modified all requested things, make sure that it is comepleted to your satisfaction!!! XD

More to come so keep a close eye on it!

-Viper

Thanks Viper, I'll check it out now

Elf

I just submitted my second character for approval. Here is the current version for all to see.

Valdrek Frostbran

Elf

Character Name: Valdrek Frostbran
Alliance: Barbarians
Title: Advisor, Magical Protector
Face Claim: none
Other Images:
::General::
--Appearance--
Race: Human
Height: 5'11”
Weight: 170lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Brown
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual primarily, but has been known to be oportunistic.
Distinguishing Marks: His body is always cold to the touch. When he uses his magic his eyes glow a cold blue.
Items:
His usual dress is as pictured and quite simple.
Staff: This six foot staff can be used as a weapon but with its large aquamarine stone is primarily used to focus his magic. He created it himself from the wood of a tree growing above the snow line in the mountains where it should not be growing. The is one he found in the mountains as well.
Battle ax: Dwarven forged and enchanted with cold magic. It absorbs heat based attacks protecting him from it. It then allows him to use that energy to send a cold based attack back.
::Character::
Personality:
The simplest way to describe Valdrek's personality is cold. Like the frozen northern mountains he was born in he is cold. Love and its warmth are foreign to him. He is a survivor and everything he does is calculated to further his own survival. He rarely shows any emotion be it positive or negative. He keeps his anger in check as it is contrary to his magic, as it lends itself to heat and fire while his specialty is cold. People have described him as having a heart of ice or having ice water running through his veins, to which he does not argue. Although he does bleed red for all he knows they may be true.

In keeping with his cold demeanor he has never been married or even had a lasting relationship. He tends to simply take what he wants if he can do so without it threatening his continued survival. He is dispassionate but intelligent always calculating what best serves his own survival. He has no ambition to lead the barbarians, but is quite content to be at the side of the current king. He sees keeping Dak safe from magic as the best way to survive.
Biggest Fear: His greatest fear is failing to protect his king from magic and thus losing his protected position as adviser to the king.
Talents/Flaws:
He is a powerful magi favoring cold based magic. He is virtually immune to the harsh cold of his home land. He can and has gone out naked in the worst winter storms with no ill affects. This gives him some resistance to cold attacks but he is not immune to them.

He has a knack for finding food and fuel for a fire even in the most barren of frozen wastes.

While being born and raised among the barbarians he only has some skill with an ax, staff, or dagger, but is really not much of a fighter. He much prefers to use his magic to defend himself or attack.

Being attuned to cold he is high susceptible to heat. High temperatures make using his cold very hard. If left in a desert he would suffer and likely parish much quicker than other people.
Mage: yes
Used spells:
Ice wall: Just as it sounds, he can create a wall of ice.
Ice barrier: a modification of the Ice Wall in which he creates large spikes of ice to impede the approach of attacking forces, especially useful against cavalry.
Cone of Cold: from his staff he produces a blast of extreme cold expanding from his staff and widening out in front of him.
Ice storm: While not as lethal as the cone it covers a broader area. In the area affected the temperature drops drastically and damaging sleet falls from the sky.
Ice Bolt: A spear of ice flies from his staff to impale a single target.
Freezing Blast: Like the cone except focused down to a single target.
Ice bonds: He creates ice to bind and restrain, while it is made of ice it does not damage his victims and will eventually melt away due to their body heat.
Kindle: His only none cold spell used to start a very normal fire.
History:
Born 675 PR to a family living high in the mountains Valdrek was the fourth child of six. Life there was hard with little time or energy for anything beyond simply surviving. As a child though he was fun loving and loved his snow covered home. He could often be found playing in the snow or on the ice, even when he should have been doing something else.

Things changed drastically for him though in the winter 689 PR. He was 14 and really just starting to go through the changes between boy and man. This winter was especially harsh and his father decided that they had to leave their home and travel down the mountain to the village for the rest of the winter. While making the trek though a storm hit and he was the only one to survive and only because of his magic manifesting itself for the first time. He nearly froze to death along with the rest of his family. However in a desperate need to survive he suddenly took the cold into him and longer felt its bite.

That was when he became immune to the deadly affects of the cold climate and learned of his ability to work magic. Rather than continuing on down the mountain he spent that harsh winter in the mountains. He nearly starved but learned how to find food even in those extreme conditions. In the spring he did climb down to the village but remained alone, not moving into the home of any of the villagers.

During the summers he would stay in the village. He would work at whatever he could and where needed to get what he needed to survive. In the winters though he would head back up into the mountains to practice and learn more about his magic. It was at age 19 during one of these winters that he found first the stone then the tree to make his staff. Having a staff to make casting his spells easier he then decided to leave his mountain home and explore more of the world and put his abilities to great use. For the first time since the lose of his family he returned to their home and searched for anything that would be useful. In a chest under his parents' bed he found his ax.

In 699 PR he found himself in the capital of the northern kingdom. His cold demeanor was not well accepted and he was challenged to a few duels, which he only won because he used magic instead of facing his opponent with weapons. It did not take long for him to earn a reputation and people stop challenging him. This also got the king's attention and Dakeyras had him brought before him. He was given a position within the royal court which after time brought him closer to Dak who began to trust his advice and saw the need to have somebody who could counter magic near him. So Valdrek became adviser and magical body guard to Dak.

When the plagued broke in the village and non humans were blamed and thus killed and Cydilla put a stop to all trade, he was at Dak's side with his advice. While he did not come right out and say that they should invade Cydilla, he pointed many things that would go wrong if they could not trade with those of the south. He hinted at it but let Dak come up with the idea of invasion apparently on his own.
O/O's: His preference is for raping those he can over power and not have fear reprisals from. He generally goes for females but has been known on occasion take males.
Et Ceteras:

BeckyAnnn

*wanders in and plops down on a pile of comfy cushions

mmm...this 'm cozy

Elf

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on January 19, 2015, 04:21:22 PM
*wanders in and plops down on a pile of comfy cushions

mmm...this 'm cozy
*plops down next to her*

This is cozy, but the party has officially moved to the OOC.

Maeve

Hello Everyone!
     I couldn't wait to be approved to sign up for this RP. I've been skimming the conversation and let me know if I've missed it, but is there still an opening for a Brothel owner? I was thinking of making her a an illegitimate child of the nobility, who runs a whorehouse to the stars as it were. Would this work with anyone's story line?

Lynnette

Quote from: Maeve on January 22, 2015, 01:54:42 PM
Hello Everyone!
     I couldn't wait to be approved to sign up for this RP. I've been skimming the conversation and let me know if I've missed it, but is there still an opening for a Brothel owner? I was thinking of making her a an illegitimate child of the nobility, who runs a whorehouse to the stars as it were. Would this work with anyone's story line?

As of now, the only prostitute character in the game would be my own, though I've already written her into one of the already established brothels (See The Wild Flower in the world thread. I'm sure you could request to be the person running the brothel, though I'd ask Daemon about it first. There's also a role that is currently unfilled, which is the person who pretty much runs all arranged illegal business in the city, if you'd be more interested in that.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Maeve

I could work with that, would just take a couple of tweaks to the character profile.

Swashbuckler

If you'd like some help in that regard, Maeve, that could be something I would be interesting in assisting with  XD

TheMusician

I'm very interested in this RP.....Any space for little old me? :)
The Most Musically Music Man. *Insert monocle-bearing gentleman*

Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=222634.0

Madame Professor

Yay more potential victims, er.. I mean players! >.>

Hey there Swash!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Sharon

I know Madame Professor.

I reworked my character history as the way I wanted to do it was taking to long so I did a time line break down thing. Now all that is left is personality.

TheMusician

I'll probably send my character application sometime tomorrow. Things have been crazy over here today.  :-\
The Most Musically Music Man. *Insert monocle-bearing gentleman*

Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=222634.0

Euron Greyjoy

"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Euron Greyjoy

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 22, 2015, 11:25:50 PM
-whispers- One of us, one of us!
*winks* I'd say the barbarians have cookies, but Valtyr has already laid claim to a  particular cookie, a nice warm, chewy, and gooey cookie.....
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Sharon

As well as the Rebellion to. Which is my second character would fall under once I get around to building him once I am done with Kat.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 22, 2015, 11:41:51 PM
*winks* I'd say the barbarians have cookies, but Valtyr has already laid claim to a  particular cookie, a nice warm, chewy, and gooey cookie.....

-grins- Well, you could say it. If they believe you, they might join us!

Quote from: Sharon on January 22, 2015, 11:44:56 PM
As well as the Rebellion to. Which is my second character would fall under once I get around to building him once I am done with Kat.

Nice! I can't wait to see them both, Sharon! I have a character idea for the Rebellion, as well. Might be a weekend project.

Swashbuckler

I make a terrible barbarian. 

Although traitor suits me fine.

I prefer not to dwell on what that says about me...

Madame Professor

Viper

Quote from: Swashbuckler on January 23, 2015, 09:27:53 AM
I make a terrible barbarian. 

Although traitor suits me fine.

I prefer not to dwell on what that says about me...

Hello swash !!!! I'm glad to see your interest! I'd also like to welcome TheMusician to the room And I look forward to your application!!!!