USS McNair - TNG based RP - Looking for Chief Counselor

Started by HockeyGod, September 13, 2010, 07:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdell

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 02:17:36 PM
You could always have a minor character / junior officer or be a guest spot sometime ;)

Oooh! I know - I could have a recurring character like Lwaxana Troi!  ;D
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

HockeyGod

Quote from: grdell on September 14, 2010, 02:23:36 PM
Oooh! I know - I could have a recurring character like Lwaxana Troi!  ;D

I love it!! I love the idea!

You could also play a Q (kinda cliche, but it works), an enemy, etc.

We'll have lots of opportunities for guest spots!

SimonSez

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 02:21:53 PM
alxnjsh
Pixilicious
Kip
Barnbean
Aether
Cassiopeia
RedEve
RubySlippers
Ryven
fallensaviour
SimonSez (?)
grdell (?)
ReijiTabibito

I think we do have a good number so far! I'm working on the bio sheet right now so we can start filling slots. I'll get the information out to all of you so you can get started soon.
whats with the ? next to my name XD

HockeyGod

Quote from: SimonSez on September 14, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
whats with the ? next to my name XD

I wasn't 100% sure if you were on board :)

SimonSez

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 02:25:46 PM
I wasn't 100% sure if you were on board :)
Hell yes! >w< lol I'm a Trekkie not a major one but i like star trek n.n I'll join the RP, i wanna be a engineer if possable

HockeyGod

alxnjsh
Pixilicious
Kip
Barnbean
Aether
Cassiopeia
RedEve
RubySlippers
Ryven
fallensaviour
SimonSez
grdell (?)
ReijiTabibito

grdell

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 02:24:24 PM
I love it!! I love the idea!

You could also play a Q (kinda cliche, but it works), an enemy, etc.

We'll have lots of opportunities for guest spots!

Oooooohh - a Q could be very fun! But I also like the idea of either a relative - or someone else of some importance - of one of the "main" characters who shows up occasionally and causes trouble. Perhaps, in much the same way Lwaxana did, by having a massive unrequited crush on a superior officer, causing embarassment all around (except to me, of course!).  ;D

The opportunities are endless...  ;)
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

ReijiTabibito

Hey, Alx?  I thought of a couple of other officer slots you could possibly add to your list at the beginning.

Transporter Chief (this was the role played by Miles O'Brien when he was on TNG)
Chief Navigation Officer

SimonSez

alxnjsh what sort of ship we going for ? something that explores but got buff weapons against any enemy ?

Ryven

Quote from: grdell on September 14, 2010, 02:28:40 PM
Oooooohh - a Q could be very fun! But I also like the idea of either a relative - or someone else of some importance - of one of the "main" characters who shows up occasionally and causes trouble. Perhaps, in much the same way Lwaxana did, by having a massive unrequited crush on a superior officer, causing embarassment all around (except to me, of course!).  ;D

Do you really think it's such a wise idea to give him access to such powers? ::)

grdell

Quote from: Ryven on September 14, 2010, 02:30:54 PM
Do you really think it's such a wise idea to give him access to such powers? ::)

I promise not to abuse them... too much.  :D

Ryven

Quote from: grdell on September 14, 2010, 02:31:38 PM
I promise not to abuse them... too much.  :D

That's no fun.  I was hoping you would abuse them.

HockeyGod

Quote from: grdell on September 14, 2010, 02:28:40 PM

Even an Admiral!

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 14, 2010, 02:30:17 PM
Hey, Alx?  I thought of a couple of other officer slots you could possibly add to your list at the beginning.

Transporter Chief (this was the role played by Miles O'Brien when he was on TNG)
Chief Navigation Officer

Oh yes, good thoughts. We also will have additional science positions since we're a science vessel. I'm flexible in what people can play, but we definitely need those listed.

Quote from: SimonSez on September 14, 2010, 02:30:37 PM
alxnjsh what sort of ship we going for ? something that explores but got buff weapons against any enemy ?

More exploratory. I should note that the Nova is in the same category as the Sovereign so there  is potential for experimental retrofitting.

SimonSez

I think thats why people from star trek have gone away from the Q's too much power on there side

HockeyGod

Now I know this isn't the variant of the Nova we're using - but I can't find a compelling image of the Rhodes version. I'm calling the ship the USS McNair. Ronald McNair was a physicist who died in the space shuttle Challenger explosion. It is one of his quotes.

ReijiTabibito

Need an USS RI pic?  Try this:

HockeyGod

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/stmagazine/nova-rhodeisland.jpg]

Oh well...it's an awesome image and I'll work with it. Damn non-hotlinking.

SimonSez

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 02:33:39 PM
Even an Admiral!

Oh yes, good thoughts. We also will have additional science positions since we're a science vessel. I'm flexible in what people can play, but we definitely need those listed.

More exploratory. I should note that the Nova is in the same category as the Sovereign so there  is potential for experimental retrofitting.
If you look at this list there are some ships there which are good
http://www.startrekonline.com/ships-index

HockeyGod

Okies, if you're interested in starting your bio, I've done a mock up at:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=82342.0

I hope those of you that don't know me understand that I offered positions to my dear friends first, hence the "taken." I hope that we become friends through the course of this RP!

Go ahead and PM me your interest and I'll be happy to put it into consideration. You may want to give me 2 positions you'd be interested in. Remember that I'm game for any position that would make sense on a ship with a crew of only 100. For example, we aren't going to have a barber! ;)

SimonSez

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 03:07:40 PM
Okies, if you're interested in starting your bio, I've done a mock up at:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=82342.0

I hope those of you that don't know me understand that I offered positions to my dear friends first, hence the "taken." I hope that we become friends through the course of this RP!

Go ahead and PM me your interest and I'll be happy to put it into consideration. You may want to give me 2 positions you'd be interested in. Remember that I'm game for any position that would make sense on a ship with a crew of only 100. For example, we aren't going to have a barber! ;)

You forgot Cheif enginner XD

ReijiTabibito

I call First Officer!  That, or Transporter Chief if the former isn't available at this time.

grdell

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 03:07:40 PM

That's right! I get to be the barber!  ;D No one else!

HockeyGod

Thanks guys! I'm going to put your names down. I'm going to try and make this not a first come, first served basis (other than my dear friends obviously). If there are multiple people that want a position I'll work it out.

I'm glad you've both stepped up to the plate  ;D

SimonSez

As long as i get to be an Engineer i don't mind >w< even if its an Ensign

HockeyGod

Quote from: SimonSez on September 14, 2010, 03:15:16 PM
As long as i get to be an Engineer i don't mind >w< even if its an Ensign

We can definitely have you in that department - you seem to know quite a bit about the technical side :)