A ring in time! - Multi-dimensional Adventure (Open)

Started by Gannameade, October 16, 2017, 12:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannameade

A portal opens a green ring float through.  A deep voice states, “Find your master!”  The ring takes off, flying at incredible speeds as the portal closes as if never being there.  The ring floats after breaking the atmosphere, it is 7 am.  It stops in front of a window, passing through it as if the window is not there.  It forms a box, a red ribbon wrapped around it alighting itself upon the dresser there.  The room is 10 x 12, a large bed in the center, the closest to the right opens with two panels.  The stand holds several items including a TV, old model gaming system and several books that appear to be gaming related.   The owner appears to be gone right now.  Beneath the box is a note, ‘For Peter’.

Peter is in the cafeteria waiting for the first period.  This is the meeting hall of sorts.  This is where everyone comes before Study Hall.  The room is arranged, typical high school here at Riddell High.  The school feels more like a large stylish prison than a high school, but apparently, if you ask anyone about the food, most would say it is no different.  The jocks and cheerleaders to the southwest, the so-called cool kids to the northwest, to the north are the nerds/geeks, to the northeast are those with the true style, to the northwest are the so-called rejects and then there me with his group.  This is his wolf pack, there were five of them there was Charles Peter Clayton the leader, not by choice but since he was the oldest and most level-headed of the group, according to Trey's mom.  He stood about 5’9, 200# very muscular, his dark skin is considered chocolate by most; dark brown eyes.  In truth, he looked older, actually in his late 20’s but he had always looked this way since he was 15 now 18.  Then there was Trey Williams, he and Peter were closest, he was the one that was assigned to show him around when he first arrived here Trey was kind of rotund but athletic he too was dark skinned not as dark as Peter though.  His chubby cheeks and disarming smile let him have a kindness, not normally found among his group.  William Davis was much lighter than the other two; his average frame led him to be mostly what he wanted.  He was tall about 6’1, 240# average overall for the most part.  He wasn’t the smartest tool in the shed but he was by no means dumb, he was a little slow on the uptake but once he got it he was good.  Jaden Miller was 5’10, 186# He was smooth as his dark skin let him be considered very attractive, most considered him far more attractive even amongst the group.  Especially considering out of all of them he was the only one with a real girlfriend.  Then there Caden Willis, he was light skinned very low cut hair as all of them had, except Peter who finally decided to cut his hair all off this year.  He was 6’2”, 190.  Most thought he would play basketball because of his size, he was not fans with the basketball team ever since he got into a fight with Randall who was the team captain.   So that left him with this group, it didn’t stop him from trying to be a player.  He was the schemer he was the one that was always looking for the BBD – bigger, better, deal.

Today though was a special day, one of their own were celebrating.  It was Peter’s birthday.  Going into their senior year next year, this was to be the best year for them.  Even though all he could think of was getting home and hoping his father was true to his word.  He hung out with his friends but this year he planned to put more effort into his studies.  His father promised him the car of his choosing if I got a 4.0.  Going into his senior year he was sitting pretty and with a bit of effort, he was coasting to a 4.0.  He was gleeful and would be riding high in his new car as right now, between the five of them only Trey had a car and he wasn’t able to drive to school yet till the end of this football season.  They were sitting there waiting for the bell to ring when she approached.  Candice Mitchell, she was nice but average height for a woman at 5’2” she was 145# very shapely, buxom even and nice on the eyes with her peach skin and red hair.  Most..hell everyone seemed to have a thing for her, even Peter she was Mary Jane Watson.  Peter Parker’s long-time love, yet right now she was talking to Peter.  He shook his head as tried to focus, he was just looking at her, he had to focus on what she was saying to shake himself out of the dream.  This could not be real.

“….P….Peter.”  Her voice finally came through his disbelieving haze.

“Yeah, that is me,” He said rather confused.

“Can we talk…in private?”  She responded, looking at his crew.

“A….ah sure,” He said as He got up and walked with her.  As he turned back briefly to look at his crew who were just as disbelieving as himself.
Candice was the head cheerleader and she looked like it.  As the cheer captain she kept up with the football team and who was staying and leaving.  Even though she was just now going to be a senior she had more than earned her spot as leader, who I was now alone talking with.

“I know you seem to be against football and all.”  She said

“I am not really against football, I like football but I have been working a bit to help out my mom.  Why?”  He asked.

“Well, why not try out then?” She replied.

“What?”  He looked at her.

“Today are football tryouts.  You would be a shoo-in for the team and I think you would be really good as I should  know I would be there to watch you too.”  She said as she looked at him with those dreamy eyes. 

“Ahh...Ok sure.” He said shocked that she would ask at all.

“Great!”  She said with her man dropping smile.  It was the smile that would drop a man to his knees and get him to do just about anything.  She said as she turned to go, kissing his cheek.  “I will be watching you.  Thanks.”  She said as she disappeared around the corner.

The coach missed none of this interaction.  He was watching from the cafeteria.  Candice was his niece.  She had been sent to live with him to keep her out of trouble.  He knew with a body like that she would be getting into a lot of it.  He was ever the protector; he wouldn't let anything happen to her.  He wouldn’t pimp her out or anything, but he was not above letting her use her charms to get him the players that he needed to win state.  He saw something in Peter, something hidden and dangerous.  Also, the boy was smart, smart enough to pull up the team average which they needed right now as well.  He would let her go to her little concert now.  She would still be chaperoned but she could definitely go.

“Coach are you serious?”  Daly said as he walked up to the coach as they headed to the first period.  “We don’t need him most of our starters are coming back next year.”
“On defense Daly, defense.  We need a running back!”  The coach said as he walked with six of his star players.
“Him though coach, he is not even with us.  He is a foreigner!”  Daly was used to the group that he had played with his last three years.

“I don’t care if he is big green and only speaks of himself in the third person.  He will make an excellent back!  Trust me on this one.”  The coach responded.  “Listen kid Reggie is the strongest person on our team.”

“Yeah so?!?”  Daly retorted quickly thinking he knew.

“Ok so who spots Reggie?  Peter!  I have seen that kid hold 325# in his hands straight out for a full five seconds when he thought no one was looking.  He was spotting him and he lost control and dropped his hands.  He then reseated himself and put his hands back on the bar.  That is strength boy, that is power and if you can’t see that you are not the team captain that I trained.  Give him a chance today.  I am sure he will surprise you.”  The coach said opening the doors.  “Today you grunts is dodgeball!”

There was a combination of both sighs and cheers.

Daly shook his head but moved to make his team for the day.
The bell rang as he looked around.  He didn’t like this, but he was sure he was being punked.  He didn’t like it but he was nothing if not a man of his word.

With a sigh, he turned to go as the hallways were filling and he realizes his class is on the far side of the large ‘H’ Complex, completely the other way.  His bookbag over his shoulder and he hated to be late.  In that moment he moved quickly, making sure not to bump into anyone as best he could.  As the tables were still set up, he didn’t think he could make it, the only thing that would let him make it to class on time.  He began to run across the tables.
“If you don’t get yo @$$ down!”  Said one of the lunchroom monitors.

He turned to say.  “Sorry Ma’am.”  He jumped down slid across the floor.  Jumping to his feet and taking off he could see the door as the second bell was coming he could anticipate it.  The teacher was standing there glaring at him.  Mrs. Thomas was not his favorite fan and he wasn’t hers either, she was about to close the door before he put his foot inside.  He stood up and walked in as the bell rang.

“Morning Mrs. Thomas,” He said a light sheen of sweat on his forehead and a disarming smile.  It was facing the barracuda or Sir Talks-forever in Principal Stanley’s office.
“Since you are already up why don’t you do the problem that is on the board.”  She said, her cold venomous voice just waiting to tear into him it seemed.

“Can I put this bag down first or do you want me at your beck and call right now Ma’am,”  He said cordially.  He was nothing if not polite to a fault.  Even to her, she could never say he said anything disrespectful to her face.  Behind her back, sure theirs was truly a love/hate relationship with most of the class chuckled.
“Bag down, butt to the board Mr. Clayton!”  She said.

He quickly complied.  He was sure she had a dislike for me because he was naturally gifted in math.  He learned long ago that he could do most math up to calculus in his head.  Jaden apparently could do calculus.  Smart and good looking why couldn’t you be here right now, he thought of his friend.  Actually, none of his crew were unattractive.  Jaden was just the only one with a woman out of the five of them.  He looked at the problem as he put his bag down, he continued to look at it as he approached the board.   When he reached down for the chalk he looked at her then wrote the answer.  “X=5.”  He said as a matter of factly.

“Show your work, Mr. Clayton!”  She retorted, just as a matter of factly.
He frowns as he erased his answer.  His gift in math was that once he had the answer, he knew how to work backward through the problem.  He went over it and his way is far easier than how the book explained it.  He even had Erwin the teacher’s pet raising his eyebrows and nodding to the affirmative.  He let go of the breath that he had been holding as he went back to his seat.  Dana looked at him and winked.  “Good job.”  She mouthed as he looked at her.

He smiled.  Daniella (Dana) Edwards was a caramel skinned attractive woman, very shapely much fuller figured than Candice but nonetheless very attractive to him.  She knew the other side of him, the charming, cute, honest man that he was or soon would be if he would stop trying to be a player.  He kept his leader persona up with his boys but she knew him and they talked.  She even liked him but he was a typical male it seemed interested in the unattainable.
“Thanks.”  He mouthed back.

After that little tidbit.  The rest of the day was mostly uneventful he was good at football, but he was also a big target.  But he did give his word that he would try out.  His boys were highly disappointed as today was his birthday, they were going to celebrate it with him, but they would stay and watch him, they were after all his pack.

He remembered this, this was familiar.  He was used to it and he was looking at the jersey ‘32’.  “Its been a long time old friend,”  He said to himself, of the number, not the jersey.   He put it on.  He knew full well he didn’t have to stay past 4 pm for tryouts.  He put his helmet on and seemed to change, he was in his own world.  He was another person with the helmet on.  There was only his team and the opposing team.  Today the opposing team were his schoolmates and yet deep down, he didn’t care.  He was determined if making the football team would make Candy notice him, he would become the number one draft pick today.   He went to the group he was assigned to and walked into the huddle like a gladiator.  He was used to the feel of the pads and gear.  When the Coach gave the play he gave no indication of recognition.  He simply moved to the position, when the play was called. 

“Blue 32...Hut..Hut!” The quarterback called the play.

The initial play called for him to receive the ball as he was assigned, he moved straight to the hole.   The one guard pulled as was assigned.  The other guard Taylor moved the wrong way.  He despised him, making Taylor look bad at dodgeball, trying to be so smart in Spanish and History classes.  The block was designed to pull the defensive backs, away and make the transition easy for the back to run as far as he wanted before being brought down.  He recognized the error but paid it no mind as he was facing off against the middle linebacker.   Brackus stood there in the hole he looked like the penultimate linebacker, he was 6’4” 240# he was destined for the pros, his muscles had muscles.  But yet he hadn’t come across will and determination like this.  There was another reason why Peter didn’t play football.  It was his one way to get back at his father, for not doing whatever was necessary to keep their family together.  But here in this moment he only heard his father’s words.  ‘Put your head down boy, put your head down and run for daylight!’  Peter did just that.  He hit Brackus with the full weight of his anger and aggression against his father and his father never knew what hit him.  Yet Brackus bore the weight of it.  Brackus hit the ground with a thud, he didn’t move again but the pain was etched on his face.  The others tried to tackle him but to no avail.  Even though Peter was big he was also quick and before even he knew it, he was standing in the end zone.  There were cheers coming from both the cheerleaders who had stopped to watch and his boys in the crowd.

Peter stopped and took off his helmet and dropped it to the ground, in silent prayer as he always did.  Peter looked at them all even Candice was smiling at him.  Peter looked up and even saw Dana in the crowd and smirked.  He moved over to take a look at Brackus.  He shook his head as the coach looked at him.  “You off the field….,” The Coach pointed at Taylor.  “How did you miss that block, Taylor?”

“Sorry, Coach…I…”  Taylor stammered.

“If Brackus is seriously hurt you will be!”  He looked at the trainer.

“Collarbone, probably fractured.” The trainer said.

“Good he should recover by fall.”  The coach said.  “Well, that was interesting.  Welcome to the team son!”

“Thanks, coach,”  Peter replied taking the man’s hand and moving to get off of the field as other players made their own tryouts.
Peter moved to go shower and clean up.   His boys cheered for him.  He pulled his phone looking at the text from Dana that said.  <<you were great!!>>

<<Thanks!>>  Peter texted back.

“Ok, boys where too?”  As he looked at them nonchalantly.

“Well your mom said to bring you home, then we will be back to pick you up at 7 am.  It is senior skip day, after all, this weekend though we are going to Six Flags then see if we can find you a woman!!”

“Yea apparently he needs one.  Did you see that hit!”  Caden said.

“Yea right!”  Peter said sitting shotgun and they took me home.  They dropped me off outside of the apartment.

“We will be back in the morning.”  They yelled.  “Later Superman!”  They cheered.

“That is Icon to you!”  He yelled back.

Peter went inside.  Mom wasn’t home yet and his uncle either by the looks of it.  ‘Probably off with one of his many women.’  He thought as he went to his room.  Peter looked at the shelf and smirked at the ring box.  His face frowned as he looked at it.  ‘For Peter.’  It was dad’s handwriting he opened it.  Inside was a green lantern ring.  “This poor replica?!?  This is not a car!”  He was nothing if not pissed.  “All of this hard work and you send me a damned ring!”  He tore out of the house through the patio door into the back and chucked the ring into the lake….the far side actually as he threw it.  He took off down the street.  He didn’t know where he was going but apparently, Dana’s apartment was in view when he finally looked up as she lived on the far side of their housing complex.  Peter looked down and his face frowned again, only to spot the same ring.  He looked rather confused as he reached down and stopped only to kick the ring this time thinking of his father and the car he worked so hard for and didn’t get.  Peter played soccer growing up, that and martial arts allowed him to kick the ring pretty far.  He continued walking only to spot the ring on the other side of the street, this time it was a blue ring.  Peter sighed more than confused now as he picked it up and examined it.  He looked around not understanding the joke.  On the inside was written….’I wish…’.  Peter shook his head and put it on.  “I wish I had the power to change all of this!”  he said the ring glowed for a second then died down.   He shook his head.  “Great something else he messed up!”

Peter walked towards Dana’s apartment, but seeing her mom’s car was not there he realized she wasn’t home yet.  So he walked back home, just in time to greet his mother and uncle.  He had been with some woman named Nancy.  They picked up the cake.  Peter would have another this weekend, but mom always liked to do something special the day of.  She bought him a new computer and he was able to work on putting it together after they sang to him and ate dinner.  He finished the computer about 9 pm, suddenly feeling rather sleepy.  Peter thanked them all then turned in.

He slept like the dead.  he opened his eyes in his room, it was still dark.  When Peter turned over trying to figure out what was going on he saw Trey.  “Ok, so what are you doing here?”  He said.  “It isn’t even morning yet.”

“Dude you have been out for more than 48 hrs?!?”
“Yeah right, his mom would have taken me to the hospital sleeping like that!”
“Sorry man, but she was going to take you in the morning had you not awakened.  Their rule is 72 hrs.”  Trey looked at him confused.
“What you are not serious I missed senior skip day?!?”  Sounding rather erratic.
“Yeah it was a blast, both Dana and Candice was looking for you?” He teased
“Candice and Dana?!?  Ah man ah man?!?”  Peter said disappointedly.
“Gotcha!”  He said with and an evil smirk on his face.

“Dude I could slap you!” He balled his fist.
“She has how many dudes chasing after her, she ain’t got no time for the likes of you!”
“I really wanna slap you, now,” He responds
“Yeah, yeah.”  ~I am really glad you are ok, I was worried.~  He thought.
“Dude don’t worry about me I am fine,” He said not recognizing that he hadn’t actually spoken the words.
“Hunh, what are you talking about.” He says looking at him weirdly.

“Nothing I said don’t worry about me,” Peter said not thinking anything about it and in truth neither did Trey.  His head hurt and his body ached like he had been working out for days.

“Dang dude I knew you were muscular but DANG!”  Trey said.
“Shut up dude and get out I am coming.  I am hungry.”  Peter said in no uncertain terms.
Peter looked down at himself seeing the physical changes, nothing seemed different to him.  He was always pretty muscular, but in that brief moment, his eyes shifted to see beneath the skin, the blood vessels, bones all of it.  Then it went back.  He examined his hand looking, but saw nothing else.  He got dressed we went out to get something to eat.

Trey drove, Peter rode shotgun.  The wind was passing them by as he rode in the car, it was just after sunset.  The light was fading but the sky was clear.  Even as Peter looked the moon was visible, but seemed so much closer.  He shook that off, then looked around.  “Dang dude you drive like a grandma, can we go faster?!?”  Peter said shaking his head.
“Man please I am going 70, I am not trying to get a ticket for you!”  Trey replied quickly but it seemed like we were going so very slow.  The cars were around us but it seemed like he could move so much faster than what was there.  It almost made him nauseous.   Peter just closed his eyes, but he could still see like he was looking through his eyelids.  He saw him, but he could hear his heartbeat as clearly as he saw that as well.

~I don’t know about him, something is wrong?~  Peter heard his thoughts as clear as he had said them, but his ears didn’t detect anything so this time he didn’t respond.  They came to a stop in front of Dave and Busters.  He didn’t open his eyes but listened looking around without opening his eyes.  He didn’t say anything, he just followed he didn’t open his eyes he just put his sunglasses on and walked with him.  Peter spoke to everyone, all of his group gave him recognition.  He even spoke to Kenya, Caden’s girlfriend.  Peter moved throughout the room without opening his eyes at all.  It was nothing short of amazing.  So everyone went to play video games, he thought of going to the hammer, it was just a strength trail that if you hit the spike right it would go up and hit the bell, but this one had an electronic bell.  Peter still hadn’t opened his eyes yet adjusting to this, new….sensation.  He had played this game before, but most of the time he just barely hit the top.  Yet this time the hammer wasn’t even as heavy as it was last time.  Had everyone not been looking at me, he would have all but twirled the hammer like a baton, it was just that light right now.  Peter saw two girls walking by due to their shape and blood flow.  It was the only thing that made him open his eyes, as they were looking at him.  Peter paid his tokens and move to swing the hammer, it was not even a full stroke as it hit the top and it cracked.  It screamed and whirled only to die, with strange sparking sound, but not before paying out max tickets.  He chuckled as he finally pulled off his glasses and waved as they smirked at him and walking by.

Peter thought at this point that something else was up as he looked at the ring on his middle finger.  A part of him wondered what was going on, but another part of him wanted to know did this thing really work.  He took the tickets to the ticket machine to get his stub, before excusing himself and going outside.  He needed to check something.  He has been exposed to comics most of his life, the things he has been noticing seems nothing short of heroic.   He made sure all of his posse was inside and no one was looking.  Peter took off running but it wasn’t simply running, it was so much more the world seemed to be blurring by him.  When he stopped he was almost home in a matter of minutes.  He smiled feeling the coolness on his face, apparently not affected by friction.  He took off back and made it to the parking lot in almost less time.  His face was all but gleeful, he could run like the wind.  It was nothing short of awesome.  Peter chuckled to himself thinking at this point he would have to figure out what else he could do.  Peter knew he was stronger now, faster, he could see differently, hear differently.  Peter walked back in looking at his friends realizing he was definitely not going to be able to say anything.  Peter had no way of explaining it, but he was most definitely going to figure out a few things by school time Monday morning, but tonight he was just going to have some fun.

They kicked it that night having lots of fun, he won more tickets than ever but figured it was just his abilities right now once he learned it was pretty easy a few more swings of the hammer, he had all but broken the machine.  They were now on the way home, Peter had them stop at the Faststop and told them he would walk home, it was important not to get Kenya home late as they all knew how her dad was and it sounded like a good excuse at the time.  Given his regular fighting skills, they thought nothing of him walking home.  Peter wasn’t going home, down the street from the house was a train yard and it was nothing if not time for him to find out what all he could do.  Given his hero knowledge, it was pretty easy for him to test.  He did speed testing the first hour realizing he could do about 600 miles per hour running.  He tested strength and realized he was at 75 tons lifting a rail car.  He could jump pretty high and pretty far from a standstill.  Peter could see through the cars trying and focusing his eyes, once he focused too hard and energy shot from them and almost knocked a rail car over till he ran to the other side and righted it.  Peter began to focus the beam making them large for the area then small, the smaller he focused the beam the more heat was generated the larger the more force.  Then Peter focused and tried to generate energy from his hands the effect was the same.  Peter laughed to himself he started dancing around in circles most gleefully.  Then he heard gravel move and turned to see an older drunken man by the smell of him looking at him.  He stopped and waved.  “Nice night,”  Peter said.
“Yeah, whatever.”  He replied before he walked off.

With a burst of speed, he took off home more gleeful than before Peter was at his front door he slowly walked inside he thought of whose abilities he matched more.  Most thought he was a Superman fanatic, but he only had a few powers that matched…Peter didn’t try the hyper or cold breath, he could but not now then he thought about the energy blasts and shook that off, but then he wondered…the telepathy…could he be Icon like?  Peter wasn’t about to test the invulnerability theory.  His uncle didn’t have a gun, he would go to jail as it would violate his parole.  His mom didn’t really believe in them and he wasn’t about to shoot himself to try it so that would have to wait….wait!  A knife!  Peter thought quickly running to the kitchen as mom was out and his uncle was definitely gone since he wasn’t in his bedroom with one of his honeys.  So that left just him.  Peter pulled out her butcher knife….he breathed….he breathed…..”1…2….3….ahhhhhhhhhhh!”  He screamed….the scream came out rather girly only to turn into a chuckle as he laughed now looking at both his hand and the shattered knife in his other hand.  Peter quickly cleaned up all of the shattered pieces.  He would have to buy a new one.  Peter moved to his room all but tearing it up looking at all of the comic books writing down other abilities from every comic book that he had.  Peter made a list.  He would have to get up early in the morning to test it was Saturday after all, he had all day.  Peter would meet up with the fellas much later.

Peter flipped through them all making a list in his notebook when he finished at midnight he put everything back up and laid in his bed looking at the now purple ring before drifting off to sleep.  He was a hero…..a real life honest to God….hero.

Sillykitty1995

was the a specific idea of charterer you were wanting

Gannameade

It is more of a superhero story.  I can post more maybe??

Gannameade

(OCC: Looking for Female or Male to play female character (s).  Other particulars to be discussed.  Since it is multi-dimensional more than one story can be going on at the same time.  We will change the title of course.)