Eldritch Knights and Glimmermaids (Freeform Erotic Fantasy, Couples and Non-Con)

Started by Muse, May 27, 2012, 04:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

In the world of Nod, some few are blessed with magic powered by the energy that creates life.  The simple passion of kissing or dancing can build up enough energy to light candles or heal bruises.  The energy built up from casual sex or simple rape can blast a dozen orkrist with a ball of fire or reverse a terminal illness.  Lovemaking or elaborate bondage rites can build power enough to end droughts, create gold from nothing, or resurrect the dead. 

The nine surviving royal lines of the 13 nations are more than human.  Called Nephlim, they are tall, strong and beautiful.  Their magic is mighty, and they can preserve erotic energy within themselves for later use. 

Among the Eden--whom we might think of as humans—magicians are distant descendants of the Nephlim.  They are healthy and beautiful, but when they build erotic energy they must use it instantly or store it in a talisman. 

11 nations train men to use this gift.  Called Eldritch Knights, they store erotic energy in their swords, permitting them to work magic and fight physically at the same time.  Intensively educated as well as trained in magic and swordplay, they learn an extensive array of elemental powers and even plum the secrets of transmuting matter by adding to it. 

One loan forest nation controls the training of Glimmermaids.  Women with the gift are sought out as early in life as possible.  Before puberty, they study mundane arts, dance, etiquette, literacy, herb lore and medicine.  As they mature, they receive a disk of living rowan wood inscribed with a pentacle.   These powerful talismans are gathered from Eden, the home world of those we might think of as human, grown by seven days of song.  With this disk to store their power, they tryst with women or dance with the men of their country to learn the harvesting of erotic power, then learn the ways of living magic.  Though most learn sooner or later to throw fire or call lighting, their training focuses on healing wounds and animating plants with gifts of extra life.  They must train quickly and learn well, for the treaties that ensure the security and prosperity of their country demand that they be paired with an eldritch knight as virginal young women—easily shaped and controlled by their partners.  (Or so the politicians believe…) 

There are other users of magic in the land of Nod.  Sometimes Eladrin descend from Elohim, the world above.  Intelligent, immortal, and inscrutable, these sons of the sun and daughters of the moon long ago took lovers among the Eden.  From this union magic came to both races. 

The current thirteen kingdoms were born at the end of an age of legends.  Criminal Eladrin were cast down to Nod where they hid their faces from the light and plotted to retake their world.  Most of the original Nephlim lineages were captured by them and corrupted into Orcrist, monstrous and virile.  The orcrist force passion from the Children of Eden and store it in ruby bracelets to fuel their fiery spells. 

This is an interest check.  Gnerdygirl and I were wondering if four people would join us for adventures in this world, resulting in 3 Eldritch Knight and Glimmermaid couples. 

I prefer players willing to explore all aspects of this role play, magic, action, romance and non con.  (I wouldn’t have any luck molesting Eldritch Knights with any save female opponents.  Sorry, yaoi fans.) 

This would be a freeform role play, but directed by me and usually not sandbox.  I prefer people playing their own gender (Lieges, you know who you are better than I do and I’ll take your word for it.)  But if ‘cross dressing’ characters are otherwise well equipped for the story, and writing opposite someone comfortable with it in their Eldritch Knight/Glimmermaid team, then I’ll take you if there’s no one of gender equally qualified. 

I’ll provide more on the world if I get interest. 

Clear water and light laughter ‘til next we meet. 
   --Muse

* Disappears in a swirl of plum blossoms.* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chaeronea

I'm a sucker for a well-written fantasy setting, so count me as interested.

So what will the main non-sexual focus be - an epic quest like Lord of the Rings? Freelance adventuring like the FOrgotten Realms out of Dungeons and Dragons? Or political intrigue like Game of Thrones?

Also, with sex powering magic, are there emotional traces tainting the spellcasting energy depending on how the energy was gathered? Would this affect a spell being cast? For example, if an Eldritch Knight raped someone to harvest energy for a spell and then used that energy to cast a healing spell, would the healing spell be 'tainted' due to the violence of the rape?

Muse

The story I'm kind of vaguely planning be closer to Forgotten Realms, but with official backing for our characters. 

I could make a more Lord of the Rings plot if that's desirable. 

While what you do with the energy isn't tainted, it does leave a certain psychic resonance behind that some people can sense.  I could flesh that out more. 

Anyways, if an eldritch knight raped someone for energy, you might sense the shame and pain if you directed your 'inner eye' towards his sword.  Your character would have to be particularly sensitive to catch those lingering traces long after the wound was healed. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheHangedOne

Tentatively interested. I just have a few questions.

Do Eldritch Knights only use a sword, or could they have a spear/axe/what-have-you?

With the only real means of using magic being gathering it through sex, I am assuming their will be lots of it, but also a lot of plot? Is it going to be, like, 50-50 smut to plot?

Final one. As I generally play submissives, is it possible for a pairing where the Glimmer Maid is the more dominant member of the relationship, if not an outright Domme?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

usha

I shall toss in my voice as interested in a Glimmermaid! This idea is very interesting, and sounds like a lot of fun!

Sonja

Duchess

i have a question because this might interest me, does both of the couples receive the magic or only the one that starts the act?
in that case  even when a maiden is raped she still gains from it?

AribethAmkiir

I'd be interested in playing a Glimmermaid if those roles aren't all taken.

MezzaNotte

I'd definitely be interested in playing an Eldritch Knight, if only because I have this tendency to geek whenever someone says the word "Eldritch." That aside, I like the world that you've set up, and would love to write in it.

summoner2183

Muse

Oh, wow.  I'm very excited to see so much response! 

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 27, 2012, 08:26:29 AM
Tentatively interested. I just have a few questions.

Do Eldritch Knights only use a sword, or could they have a spear/axe/what-have-you?

With the only real means of using magic being gathering it through sex, I am assuming their will be lots of it, but also a lot of plot? Is it going to be, like, 50-50 smut to plot?

Final one. As I generally play submissives, is it possible for a pairing where the Glimmer Maid is the more dominant member of the relationship, if not an outright Domme?

When I've played this setting in the past, the Eldritch Knight involved used what was basically a katana.  When i think about it, each nation probably has their own design for the weapon of an Eldritch knight.  I can think of some that might favor spears or axes.  That said, there's a certain historical precedent that, "good guys use swords."  They talk about it on TV Tropes.  *   Some of the relevant points: 
--A sword can be carried in a scabbard, making it more friendly to walk around with than an ax or a spear. 
--A sword requires more advanced smithing, and more time, than a spear, ax, or knife.  (This lends itself to the idea that it takes a lot of time and effort to make an eldritch knight's weapon.) 

In spite of these things, I can see the kingdom called The Thousand Cascades having a strong spear tradition.  Maybe some of the forest kingdoms would do the same with axes. 

The power plays in a relationship would ultimately be between the two characters in the couple.  (And, by extension, their players.)  The implied dominance has it's roots in politics--that nations want their native champions to be able to control their foreign partners. 

The general default is that the relationship between the two isn't expected to be monogamous.  The two need to be able to count on each other, but if they're apart they might still need erotic energy.  Likewise, they might want a group tryst to build up a lot of energy fast.  Couples often have their own private agreements and commitments. 

I'm a bit flexible, but between consensual and non consensual adventures, this'll probably turn out to be about 50% some sort of erotic content. 

Quote from: Duchess on May 27, 2012, 10:14:07 AM
i have a question because this might interest me, does both of the couples receive the magic or only the one that starts the act?
in that case  even when a maiden is raped she still gains from it?

Duchess:  This is a point I should give some more thought too, but: 
--By default, the energy is split between both parties, even if the act is non consensual.  As a result, half the energy is usually "lost" when only one partner is an eros user. 
--Experienced eros  users can actively try to draw off some of what their partner should be receiving. 
--Nephlim are especially good at this, as are a sort of monster called an Empthy Vessel--sexual predators created by the Dukzarist long ago to harvest energy for them. 

Something I'm open to suggestions on. 
--Is the energy you're tapping half of what the two of you generate?
--Or is it the energy your partner generates?

Cold Heritage

Bah, always late to the party. Looks like you've got more than enough, but please let me know if an opportunity pops up for me to be involved.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Sarah Morgan

Same here!  Looks like all the maids are taken, or at least interest has been spoken for them by several people, but if something opens up, I'd be interested.  Will keep my eye on this thread, and be reading along anyway, when the story gets going.  Interesting concept.

Muse

*Waves*  Pleased to meet you, Sarah.  Wow, you're prolific.  1,000 + Posts in four days!  I'll defiantly keep you and others on my backup player list. 

For now, I'd like to extend invitations to:

Glimmermaids:
--Aribeth Amkir
--Azaria
--Gnerdygirl
--Usha

Eldritch Knights. 
--Chaeronea
--Mezza Notte
--Muse (I'm  invited?  Nice.  ;)  )
--The Hanged Man

I'll be hosting the game on one of my old large boards, here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=393.0

The rest of you please feel free to hang around and talk to us in the OOC. 

Karasu

Darnit I'm late to the party XD I was interested in playing a Knight or maid. I'm skilled at playing male roles better than females, but I'm great at playing a shy female XD

Lemme know if you need an extra soemtime.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Google

Damn all closed up... unfortunate because I could use a high fantasy setting for a distraction
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

LtFox

I was slightly interested in this as a knight as well, but I'll probably be keeping an eye on this nevertheless, since it seems interesting.

Of course, that also opens up the option to call on us backup spares if slots should open up in the future.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

JadenMystic

I'm also interested if/when you reopen this...considering we had this started as a One-On-One... :-)

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.