Robot delivers beer to order

Started by Vekseid, July 07, 2010, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

PR2 Robot Fetches Beer from the Refrigerator

It's obviously quite slow - you can see the video is sped up by a factor of five - and a bit on the clumsy side. On top of it obviously being a demonstration case with all the shortcuts that entails. Still awesome. More on the PR2 Robot they used can be found here : )

Aeval

Forget the beer! Will it serve me breakfast in bed?
OR vaccuum the living room?
OR do the dishes?
*wonders what else she can put on her wish list for this wonderful creation!!*

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Oniya

Quote from: Aeval on July 07, 2010, 09:12:03 PM

They have one that'll do that - and entertain the cat at the same time.

Roomba Surfing Kitten of Doom
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WyldRanger

*wants both...plus the kitten as well*  :-)

Paladin

Quote from: Aeval on July 07, 2010, 09:12:03 PM
Forget the beer! Will it serve me breakfast in bed?
OR do the dishes?
*wonders what else she can put on her wish list for this wonderful creation!!*

well I can do that Gal. :)

BlisteredBlood

That would be a major hit in bars.
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

GeekFury

Paradox

I have never before used the trite phrase "DO WANT!!!", but a beer-delivering robot seems entirely appropriate for such an exclamation.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Oniya

Hopefully, it could distinguish between all the different beers in your fridge. ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Wait, you mean it only fetches beer you already have? Oh ... well, I guess that's pretty cool too.

Paradox

Quote from: Avis habilis on July 21, 2010, 10:18:21 AM
Wait, you mean it only fetches beer you already have? Oh ... well, I guess that's pretty cool too.

Even cooler would be a robot with a microbrewery inside of it that would then pour the processed beer out of its arm.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Avis habilis

Quote from: Paradox on July 21, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Even cooler would be a robot with a microbrewery inside of it that would then pour the processed beer out of its arm.

Now that I'd pay money for. Insert hops, barley & yeast, pour in a quantity of distilled water; wait a while; then when you're dry, whistle for a pour.

Scoot Morningside

Best idea ever. Now if only there were a robot to drive you home.

Lypiphera

I personally think a Dr Pepper robot (which makes the lovely golden liquid rather than me having to walk to the shops *grin*) would be more worth the money... but then i'm not a fan of beer and have a small... small... addiction to the pepper.... *makes grabby hands*

Avis habilis

Quote from: scootm on August 30, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
Best idea ever. Now if only there were a robot to drive you home.

Well, see, now you don't even need to go out! Robot serves you beer right in the comfort of your own home so you can pass out at leisure & in safety.

Merlyn

Actually they have been working on self driving cars for some time.  I really don't feel like trying to look it up at the moment, but I believe it's GM that I know for sure was putting quite a bit of money, and secrecy, into the project.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs