Previous topic - Next topic

vin26m

Quote from: mia h on January 28, 2015, 05:30:04 PM
Poke harder
http://dragonage3.wiki.fextralife.com/Double+Daggers+Ability+Tree
http://dragonage3.wiki.fextralife.com/Archery+Ability+Tree
http://dragonage3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sabotage+Ability+Tree
http://dragonage3.wiki.fextralife.com/Subterfuge+Ability+Tree

The first link is completely useless.  It's a picture of the tree with a bunch of icons.  No names of abilities.  No explanations.  Not even links to names and explanations.

The other three links at least have trees with names of abilities and links to explanations, but you still have to click on something and go to a different page.  Informative but clumsy.

At least with http://da-skills.net/ everything is on one page.  Change class in the upper left.  See how many points (levels) you used in the upper left.  Mouse-over an ability to get the description in the upper-right (instead of clicking to go to a different page).

la dame en noir

Hey Vim, are you in the RP? :)
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Guys, come on. We're derailing Primarch's thread that he worked hard on over a pointless back and forth at this point. There was already a bit of drama earlier; there's no need to add more. There's already a system he provided that does the job he wanted. The rest is just extra. How about we keep things focused on the rp and get back to putting up bio's and helping move this thread forward?

mia h

Quote from: vin26m on January 28, 2015, 05:52:27 PM
The first link is completely useless.  It's a picture of the tree with a bunch of icons.  No names of abilities.  No explanations.  Not even links to names and explanations.

The other three links at least have trees with names of abilities and links to explanations, but you still have to click on something and go to a different page.  Informative but clumsy.

I apologize for trying to be helpful. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Primarch

Cheers Jugg.

Anyway guys & gals. If you want to continue getting characters sorted out, I'll start reviews tomorrow. As I won't set up any threads until tomorrow at the latest, do people have a preference on what board we use? Or a board they would much rather we didn't use.

If there's anything in particular you'd like to see in the game, feel free to mention. I won't promise anything but I may be able to work in a few bits and pieces here and there.

Juggtacular

I'd like to see some Avvar Barbarians.

funny things
The descendant of the guy who got caught flinging goats at Skyhold would be hilarious to see.

vin26m

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 28, 2015, 05:24:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken Primarch gave 2 lists in the bio code that let you make a quick build for the classes within DA:I, and you're given 20 points. It's quick and easy.

Where?  Please link his post.  I don't see anything about two lists in the bio code.

It's not in the first post - maybe it got deleted by accident after it got edited about 27 hours ago

Quote from: Primarch on January 25, 2015, 09:51:25 AM
Right, so I'm looking to start a game that will revolve around the Inqusition, set primarily in Skyhold but going beyond to take part in all manner of missions, questions and escapades. The game will be set eighty years after the events of the game. There are three elements to the IC of this game.
  • Skyhold - Skyhold will be used as a persistant 'downtime' IC location. Players can have their characters just being around, taking care of business, having a few drinks. Doing whatever it is they like doing.
  • The Main Plot - There is a particular plot I have in mind, the plot will be played out across several threads, after each thread of the Main Plot is finished we will 'move up' the Skyhold thread. Think of it almost as episodic content, everything that happens in the down time thread is assumed to be happening before anyone departs for a Main Plot Mission, this way you can keep RPing there indefinitely without needing to worry about if something that happens in the Main Plot will cause a conflict. Once the Main Plot thread is done, Skyhold moves onto 'the next day' so to speak, and everyone can adapt to events of the Main Plot.
  • The War Table - While I intend to GM the game, I would be very interested in players running once off threads that give other players a situation to deal with, anything from clearing a bandit cave, hunting down a dragon or attending some event as an Ambassador of the Inquisition. Players will submit the idea for a thread to me via PM, I'll set up a 'War Table' thread occasionally, list all the potential issues for the Inqusition to deal with, players decide what they wish to chase down, then the thread is passed over to the player that submitted the idea to GM the event. This way there can be constant adventures for the Inquisition to take part in, even if for some reason I cannot update or need to go MIA for a bit. It also means there shall be different minds creating adventures, keep things fresh.
For the sake of the plot, I will define certain decisions made in the original game.
  • The Inquisitor (or the Herald of Andraste) was a female Qunari Warrior, Herah Adaar.
  • Herah disbanded the Templar Order and brought them under the Inquisition banner but would also later construct a Mages Tower in the Fortress, providing the means to train and equip both Templars & Mages of the Inqusition. 
  • During the Assault against the Grey Wardens Fortress, Warden Stroud was left behind to hold off the Demon. The Wardens later joined the Inqusition but their numbers were heavily damaged during the conflict against Corypheus.
  • During the ball at the Winter Palace, Empress Celene was saved. Herah convinced Celene & Gaspard to unite for the sake of Orlais.
  • At the Well of Sorrows, Morrigan was forced to kill the Sentinel Abelas, Herah allowed her to drink from the Well which would later provide them the knowledge to defeat Corypheus.
  • Cassandra would become the next Divine.
  • Many years later, Herah would retire from the Inquisition to spend the rest of her life with her love, Sera.
The Senechal (Spymaster): Open
The Diplomat: Reserved - la dame en noir
First Enchanter: Reserved - xSnorkleRainbow
Head Scout: Open
Liaison of Orlais: Open
Liaison of Ferelden: Open
Knight-Captain of Griffon Wing Keep: Open
Knight Captain of Caer Bronach: Open

Plus the numerous Agents and other servants of the Inquisition. The game itself will be Freeform, though I imagine as is common with DA RPs, we'll use the class/talent system to select abilities to provide a guideline to a characters areas of strength and style. 

So...are people interested? Questions, Comments, Suggestions? 

Character Template Sheet:

Player: Player name here please
Character: Character name
Origin Path: Very brief background concept to the effect of 'Human Noble' or 'Dalish Elf'

Appearance: DA:I screenshot or 'real' images please

Position:
Class:
Skills:
Equipment:
Mount:

Favourite Gifts:
Hated Gifts:
Backstory:

Other:
Ons:
Offs: [/code]

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 28, 2015, 05:55:24 PM
Hey Vim, are you in the RP? :)

It's Vin.

Not yet.  Thinking about it.

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 28, 2015, 05:57:20 PM
Guys, come on. We're derailing Primarch's thread that he worked hard on over a pointless back and forth at this point. There was already a bit of drama earlier; there's no need to add more. There's already a system he provided that does the job he wanted. The rest is just extra. How about we keep things focused on the rp and get back to putting up bio's and helping move this thread forward?

Who are you talking to?  I've made two posts, both about build trees, before this one. 

Vergil Tanner

You mean MOVVAR? No single Rper could possibly capture his brilliance!

But anyway, may I suggest we put it in "Extreme?" That way we can pretty much do whatever we want without having to move boards. If we don't use the "Extreme" section to its fullest, eh. It just gives us the freedom to do "extreme" stuff if we want to.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 28, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
I'd like to see some Avvar Barbarians.

funny things
The descendant of the guy who got caught flinging goats at Skyhold would be hilarious to see.

HAHA! Please...that would be great.
A&A | FxF |

Juggtacular

Quote from: vin26m on January 28, 2015, 06:17:35 PM
Where?  Please link his post.  I don't see anything about two lists in the bio code.

It's not in the first post - maybe it got deleted by accident after it got edited about 27 hours ago

It's Vin.

Not yet.  Thinking about it.

Who are you talking to?  I've made two posts, both about build trees, before this one.

[b]Character Template Sheet:[/b]

[b]Player:[/b] Player name here please
[b]Character:[/b] Character name
[b]Origin Path:[/b] Very brief background concept to the effect of 'Human Noble' or 'Dalish Elf'

[b]Appearance:[/b] DA:I screenshot or 'real' images please
[center][img]http://-image url here-[/img][/center]

[b]Positon:[/b] Rank/title/occupation within the Inquisition
[b]Class:[/b] Character Class (plus specialization)
[b]Skills:[/b] Players may use this [url=http://www.rpg-gaming.com/daisc.html]Talent Calculator[/url], with 20 points to spend. [url=http://dragoninquisition.com/skills/]This page may also be helpful[/url]
[b]Equipment:[/b] General description will suffice, in game items may also be referenced. Uniques allowed.
[b]Mount:[/b] The noble steed your character travels about on

[b]Favourite Gifts:[/b] What sort of gift does your character particularly enjoy? Some like maps, others like wildflowers, some favour handjobs
[b]Hated Gifts:[/b] What sort of gift would make your character dislike someone for giving them? Some don't understand why anyone would gift a map, find wildflowers only good for burning and some get nothing out of a handjob.
[b]Backstory:[/b] Your characters life and adventures up until this point.

[b]Other:[/b] Any information you wish to include not detailed anywhere above. You may also place additional images of your character, please use spoiler tags if you are.
[b]Ons:[/b] Player/Character turn-ons
[b]Offs:[/b] Player/Character turn-offs

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]Origin Path:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][/center]

[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Mount:[/b]

[b]Favourite Gifts:[/b]
[b]Hated Gifts:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

It's there as you can see, Primarch when editing seems to have made a mistake. Where you put the picture he has [*img][*/url] instead of [*img][*/img] which seems to have corrupted the rest of the post. It threw me off for a second too.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 28, 2015, 06:22:44 PM

[b]Origin Path:[/b] Very brief background concept to the effect of 'Human Noble' or 'Dalish Elf'

[b]Skills:[/b] Players may use this [url=http://www.rpg-gaming.com/daisc.html]Talent Calculator[/url], with 20 points to spend. [url=http://dragoninquisition.com/skills/]This page may also be helpful[/url]
[b]Equipment:[/b] General description will suffice, in game items may also be referenced. Uniques allowed.

[b]Favourite Gifts:[/b] What sort of gift does your character particularly enjoy? Some like maps, others like wildflowers, some favour handjobs
[b]Hated Gifts:[/b] What sort of gift would make your character dislike someone for giving them? Some don't understand why anyone would gift a map, find wildflowers only good for burning and some get nothing out of a handjob.

[b]Other:[/b] Any information you wish to include not detailed anywhere above. You may also place additional images of your character, please use spoiler tags if you are.

[center][/center]

It's there as you can see, Primarch when editing seems to have made a mistake. Where you put the picture he has [*img][*/url] instead of which seems to have corrupted the rest of the post.

What he said lol
A&A | FxF |

vin26m

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 28, 2015, 06:22:44 PM

[center][/center]

It's there as you can see, Primarch when editing seems to have made a mistake. Where you put the picture he has [*img][*/url] instead of [*img][*/img] which seems to have corrupted the rest of the post. It threw me off for a second too.

Awesome.  Thank you.

Vergil Tanner

Hey you wonderful people! Whilst we're waiting for more word on the DA:I RP (unless you all have been PMed and I've been dropped :P ) I thought this might interest you!

http://www.dragonage.com/en_GB/news/inquisition-tavern-songs-giveaway

All of the tavern songs, free to download from the official site. Get them while they're hot! :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Vergil Tanner

Well, I only just found out about it, so I thought I'd post it here in case it slipped by anybody else. Can't hurt, right? ^_^

la dame en noir

Its a cool little thing bioware did. I've been practicing to do cover songs.
A&A | FxF |

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, Bioware tends to be pretty damn cool to its fans. I mean, when I bought DA2, I got an email from Bioware saying "Hey, you bought DA2; do you want ME2 as well?" I was like.....yeah, sure. XD The tabs make me regret leaving my guitar back home when I came to university, haha. I particularly want to learn to play Sera Never Was. I love that little jitty. XD

Lustful Bride

I'm afraid I am going to have to retrack my interest for this game. Its much too hard for me with my limited knowledge. I would drag the rest of you down and I am already stretching myself thin for all my RPs.

I wish you all well and hope that your is long and endlessly fun.  ;D

Vergil Tanner

Awww, that's a shame...I hope you have fun in your other games, hun :-)

xPeachyPuff

Kinda in a stump with finishing off my character at the moment, but I do intend to finish it soon. I'm just really tired today, I can barely keep my eyes open v.v

-  Rainbow ♥

Primarch

Right, I'm going to set up some of the OOC boards tonight. Any preference on which boards? I was thinking one of the bondage boards for the sole reason that our characters may be captured at some point but that seems a bit unnecessary. Anyway, any preferences?

Vergil Tanner

As I suggested up there ^ ^ we might want to just put it in the "Extreme" board, for the sole reason that that gives us licence to do pretty much whatever we want within the actual rules of the site without having to worry about breaking the rules of the board. It gives us the most freedom...beyond that personal opinion, I don't mind where we go so long as everybodies "kinks" are accommodated for. :-) I mean, this is still an "Adult" RP, right, so people might (probably will) end up in various scenes...and putting it in anything less than "Extreme" inherently limits us as to what we can do. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter. :-)

johnnyboyboy

Player: johnnyboyboy
Character: Alec Emberwood
Origin Path: Human Commoner

Appearance:
]

Position: The Senechal (Spymaster)
Class: Rogue
Skills:
Archery - Death from above - leaping shot (rolling draw) - strafing shots - Full draw (Stunning shot)
Sabotage - Poisoned Weapons (Infected wounds) - Fighting dirty - Explosive toxin - Toxic cloud (Contact poison)
Subterfuge - Stealth - Lost in the shadows - Evasion - Easy to miss
Tempest - Flask of fire - Fury of the storm - Thousand cuts - Killer's alchemy

Equipment:
Weapons: Unqiue bow "Punched by the Maker" - Basic backup daggers.
Armour: Custom made armour that is form fitting and allows him more movement, comes with a basic hood for both weather protection and stealth.
Other: Wears a simple chain with a ring on around his neck. Has a belt that allows him to carry more potions and such.
Mount: Fereldan Forder

Favourite Gifts: Secrets, Dalish artifacts, Ferelden related trinkets and keepsakes, Old maps and scrolls, Special Crafting Materials
Hated Gifts: Darkspawn objects, most strong alcoholic beverages.

Backstory:

Little is known about Alec's past as he keeps it to himself, what little he does reveal is that he use to come from Ferelden and has no desire to return. He left due to what he calls a "Self imposed Exile" that happened shortly after the death of his wife who he refuses to answer and avoids questions about her.  He often uses elf phrases when speaking and once refered to his wife as "emma lath" indicating she may have been of elvish origin. Alec joined up with the inquisition after the stories he heard of people starting over and creating new lives for themselves.

He joined the inquisition as little more then an Agent and was originally suppose to be stationed back in Ferelden as they believed he would fit in well as he came from there, after much hassle he was finally reassigned to Orlais moving all over the Orliesian empire depending on where his orders took him, the inquisition made him spy, steal, cheat and in some cases remove problems that would have grown larger. His effectiveness was what allowed him to be considered for the place of Senechal.

When came the time to replace the previous Senechal he did so and fit into the role with little difficulty, with the help of experienced agents he made sure that the transition was as smooth as possible with little problems with ongoing operations, so far Alec has only lost two agents, both of which he considers to be his responsibility and problem as he made a bad call. Alec would never admit it but he prefered being an agent rather then the Spymaster but does his job just as well as others could.

Other:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Side image
Ons: Romance, love, kissing, playfulness, Vanilla.
Offs: See mine.

I think i may be done.
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Primarch

OOC Thread

Character thread
Kas is approved, feel free to post him in.
Juliette Augusto is also good to go.
Is Kaylah Witt finished? I think some parts of the app have been snipped out. Also I believe there's a word missing from the 'Other' section in her equipment if you want to revise. 
Is Kain finished? It still says WIP at the base of the post but he looks finished. My only concern with the character would be he appears to be written with a very heavy emphasis on his warrior/martial leanings 'Qunari strength' 'trained by the best warriors' and several other references to his skill with a sword and so on. The character is a Mage and Knight-Enchanter, not a warrior. He should be written as such. There is also the matter that apart from having access to the resources of the Inqusition, he also has access to the seemingly very impressive resources of House Valerian who are of course not typical to their cultural background but instead possess significantly more positive traits.