Ashes Of Eden [Always Recruiting][Apocalyptic Cult Community]

Started by Cynadea, March 07, 2015, 02:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Earth is going to hell, and this cult is convinced that it is all our fault. For generations and generations now, we have ignored the one true goddess: Mother Earth. The planet is alive, aware that She is slowly dying. If She does not stop her children, sooner or later, She will die. In order to try and save at least a bit of humanity in what the cult leader believes is an imminent apocalypse (and rightly so), she has created a place for her and her people. They have built a fence around their territory to protect their privacy. They do not use electricity or gaz in their day to day dealings. While their houses, wells, farm facilities and different buildings around the community were built with modern means, all of them are very eco-friendly. All that is done within the walls of this community celebrates Mother Earth, and they believe to be Her chosen children. Eventually, what the cult leader has foreseen happens: the world outside the community is ravaged by events that only nature can control: tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc. But the community is spared, oblivious to what is happening outside of its walls...

• Sandbox game (people come up with their own plot)
  • Set timeline for pre-apocalypse, and post-apocalypse
  • Has a bit of a hippie community feel, without the drugs ;) (as in return to the basics, not the peace & love & drugs thing)
  • Located in the Bondage board, as N/c or Extreme stuff would not be welcome within the community.

Open to questions and suggestions :)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

azzmeister89

Cynadea

So far that would make 3 players (another player has expressed interest)

Anyone else?

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Ceralilly

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Thyraeri

Sounds pretty good! If you'll have me, I'd love to join in.

Cynadea

I might have some energy-based systems, powered through windmills, but that would be for things like water pumps/filters, fridge/oven perhaps. The technology around the site would still be low and the concept of a return to the basics, with clean and eco-friendly ways would remain untouched.

azzmeister89

You mentioned in the first post that they were a cult. Will this mean there is a heavy religious background to this game?

Cynadea

There will be, but it's a sect and will not have any religious affiliation with the known religion. Basically, the deity is the planet and they seek to make their way of life in harmony with the planet. I don't expect stuff like prayers, religious speeches and masses, and whatnot. The devotion to the deity will be shown through the care they put in respecting the planet. The religion will be more of a reason why they are all together and why they have been spared later on.

azzmeister89

Acula

azzmeister89

Am I the only guy here so far? Oh this could be fun   ;D

Cynadea

looks like it... Unless one of the ladies create a male character or two.

Chreestafer

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 10, 2015, 02:21:42 PM
Am I the only guy here so far? Oh this could be fun   ;D

haha don't want to ruin it for ya but I am interested :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

GnothiSeauton

I am considering a male character.  Waiting a little bit to see more with regards to the cult, and see who all joins up, before fleshing him out a bit more in my mind.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Cynadea

I will be posting a link here shortly with the info and the character sheet to fill. The interest seems to be high enough...

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm tentatively interested. I just can't say no to culty games. Plus... Gnothi. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Cynadea

Here you go.

Feel free to ask you questions there, if they remain without answers after reading the information on the first post :).

Elf

Cynadea

The ooc stuff is up, so those who are seriously interested can consider filling and submitting a character sheet :)

Elf

Cynadea

Elf

Frosty bite

Breathes there a man with soul so dead, who never to his wife hath said, "Breakfast be damned, come back to bed."

O/O's Thread