News:

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, January 04, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian Isolabella

Okay, so, I'm mostly curious as to how many people here are fans of the game series and just want to converse with other fans about stuff on the game series.

So, I don't even keep count anymore about how many years since KH2 came out. First it was Birth by Sleep that everyone thought was KH3. Then they came out with the others that have just kind of prolonged the final game. Nowwwww, which yes I'm definitely aware of how much work goes into graphics, stories, and so many other things with video games, but I think a lot of the fans are just getting irritated by the wait. While I definitely want them to take the time to get it right because I think if they mess this up its going to be worse than I think any Final Fantasy game could be. It's a treasured game series and so many people are anticipating this game. They have given so many little bits and pieces about the game that there are so many rumors flying around at this point. Some disturbing and some are awesome.

One disturbing piece of news I read on an update was that the Kingdom Hearts series won't end here. This is just the final game for the Xenahort plot. Not that I'd be upset about further games for this series, but.... I'm skeptical how well they will work out. There are a ton of other disney movies to put into future games, but still... This storyline has been so epic, albeit confusing at times, that it seems impossible to even measure up to or surpass. I'm really on the fence about how I feel for additional games for the series.

Another disturbing news was that they will have Iron Man approaching Sora about defeating Darth Vader. I'm not a huge comic book girl, in fact I'm not at all, but I am a Star Wars fan and this just seemed perverted and outrageous. I'm realllllyyy hoping this is just one of those crazy rumors because my mind does not go to good places with that kind of plot.

Another speculation that I know has been on a lot of fans' minds is the seven lights that will battle the thirteen darknesses. I've heard things like Sora, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Lea, Aqua, and Ven. Some say it will be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Roxas, Ven, Aqua, and Terra. I'm a little unsure of which I think it will be because we know for sure that the following characters have the ability to wield keyblades :
Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ven, Aqua, and Terra.
Lea, and Kairi have been seen to have keyblades before, but nothing has been confirmed yet entirely.

And another thing that poses a problem with Terra being one of the lights is that he is technically Xenahorts property now. I've been wondering if Riku and Mickey aren't going to find a way to free him, but I'm not so sure if its possible from the way that Xenahort talked in the end of Dream Drop Distance.

The worlds is another one that I've been thinking on because a lot of people say that they want recent movies in the game and I think that's kind of a mistake personally. Part of the whole story is going to be finding previous keyblade wielders so I'm thinking its going to be past movies that show up more than new ones. Or that's what makes sense to me. They have a lot of options for new worlds without bringing in some of the newer movies like Frozen which I think would be the WORST kind of world in the series. Toy Story, and Finding Nemo have yet to appear in the game series. I'm really not a fan of this whole Marvel going to be put in there, but everyone else seems kind of thrilled. :/ I guess I just don't see it fitting in right, but hopefully I can be proven wrong!!

Anyone else have thoughts, opinions or whatnot? :) I'd love to be able to discuss it with others!

Marx

I'd like to mention I am quite a fan of Kingdom Hearts. I followed the series ever since I was younger and found it to be a masterpiece of a game. I was skeptical at first because of "Disney and Final Fantasy characters? Pfft no way" attitude when I first picked it up (actually the reason I did pick it up was because I recognized Cloud from FFVII, which was one of the few Final Fantasy games I had owned at the time) so I was curious to test it out. Never before has a game lifted my spirits enough to play through everything repeatedly until it was entirely complete, and it is something I hold dear to this day.

As far as Kingdom Hearts 3 is concerned, you aren't wrong in it that there is a lot of speculation of what is to come to the series. What we do know that the plot line is going to resolve around the final chapter of the Organization XIII and the Thirteen Darknesses and Seven Lights in the final battle for Kingdom Hearts. I am not entirely sure what the setting will be like, or if they will all battle each other separately and what not, but in Dream Drop Distance intro, I think it kind of hints at what the initial battle could be like. (If you have not played Dream Drop Distance, disregard this sentence as it may spoil some information for you.) An interesting to note about the Seven bearers of Light, is technically Sora is not one of them. He never became a keyblade master, and the reason the keyblade initially chose him in the first place was because he was still holding Ventus heart with him. Ventus heart found homage in the young Sora, in which young Sora agreed to hold Ventus heart for him. Having Ventus heart basically gave the keyblade an outlet to use Sora as the wielder (He held the heart of someone who was a wielder of the keyblade.) In that perspective, I don't see him as one of the Seven Lights technically since he was never a keyblade master to begin with. If anything, anything he knows is self-taught and under the guidance of King Mickey and Yen Sid. I also don't understand how Terra can join the battle of the Seven Lights considering he is a part of Xehanort now, and Aqua is still trapped in the realm of darkness. Ventus is sleeping in the chamber of awakening I believe, which is Castle Oblivion (Maybe Sora and his friends will find a way to get to Ventus and wake him up.)

As far as worlds are concerned, it is already confirmed that Twilight Town and The Colosseum (or another Hercules themed world) are to be in Kingdom Hearts 3. Though, Disney owns the rights to the Marvel and Star Wars franchises now, I don't believe they would become viable worlds in the story line (then again, there was the case with Pirates of the Caribbean...). However, I am more inclined to believe a Story Line with Star Wars (though a very brief one) can take place. We already had a Tron themed and Lilo & Stitch themed world, so it is not like they are really new to the whole 'futuristic' aspect of the concept. It would be amazing, someone like Darth Vader who already has so much darkness in his heart (considering his back story) being able to use the force, and maybe can have an alternate motive for pursuing these new darknesses he comes across and use them in his armada. Not to mention he would make for an awesome boss fight. Marvel however, is kind of all over the place in terms of plotline and story. They have so much content, simply going with one seems a bit abstract, and personally I don't think it would pan out well. The whole Iron Man meeting Sora to defeat Darth Vader is very unlikely, which leaves it to be fan theory if anything. So far the hugest world theory that I seem to be getting from everyone is the hint at a Frozen world. It 'can' work quite well in theory if they put it in the right direction, and Frozen is a very popular Disney film (If not the most popular film to date) so it only makes sense why they would go with a Frozen themed world. Developers of Kingdom Hearts 3 already hinted at it stating "We plan to use one of the newer Disney franchises as a world to explore in Kingdom Hearts 3". That is unfortunate news to me because I was looking forward to some classic Disney themed worlds like Toy Story which could have been amazing.

Overall, my speculation is a Marvel world may not be in Kingdom Hearts 3. It is not impossible, but it certainly would throw off the theme they were already going with out of whack (again, only in my opinion do I see this happening.) If there is anything I want from this game, is a way to tie up all loose ends, and to answer all unanswered questions that the previous installments of Kingdom Hearts left us: Why can Kairi now wield a keyblade as well as Lea? Why did the first door of darkness that appeared in Kingdom Hearts 1 Destiny Islands have no other story purpose? How come it was never explored again? Will they (If ever) bring back Terra/Ventus/Aqua somehow?
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Dry Eyes, there are a few things that are actually already confirmed by the designers about some of the things you have mentioned.

For one, Marvel is confirmed to be a developing world, unfortunately. Star Wars is the one that they are thinking about adding, but have stated that it might be very hard to do for certain not specified reasons. They are saying at this time that they want to include Star Wars into the game, but again that there are complications and they are saying right now that it might not be likely.

For why Kairi can wield a Keyblade, that I can actually give you an answer right here. In Birth by Sleep when Kairi was still living in Radiant Garden she was saved by Aqua from a bunch of unversed and at some point during that whole scene Kairi puts her hand over Aqua's while she is holding her keyblade. It is because of this that she can wield the keyblade. Much like with Riku and Terra -- Kairi just touching the keyblade allowed her to be able to use it. For Lea? I truly have no idea on that one. The only explanation I can think of is that it might be a possibility that he was supposed to wield one all along? Or it could have something to do with how he met Ventus in Radiant Garden.

The door to darkness in Destiny Islands -- I don't have a full explanation, but one that could provide at least more of an idea of how they are going with it is that Xenahort used to live on Destiny Islands when he was younger. I think that this specifically has something to do with why there is a door to the darkness there.

I'm personally not at all happy about Frozen being in the new game, or being heavenly hinted at it, and perhaps some people here will hate me for this, but I don't find it to live up to the hype. I watched it and was scratching my head as to why this movie has gained so much attention especially when I have now watched Big Hero and find that movie to be better than Frozen was. But, that is just my personal opinion on that matter and much like you, Dry Eyes, I'd prefer to see older Disney movie themed worlds in the 3rd installment of the game.

As for Aqua, Terra, and Ventus.. It is already heavily hinted in the end of Dream Drop Distance by Mickey himself that Aqua and Ventus will be returning for the final battle. And it has been talked about by some of the production team that Mickey and Riku will be the ones who will be looking for a way to save the previous keyblade wielders from their current situations(Ventus asleep in Castle Oblivion and Aqua trapped in the Realm of Darkness.)

For the seven guardians of light? It doesn't say that they have to be Keyblade Masters -- after all Ventus is not a Keyblade Master and that is already being discussed by the production team that he will be returning. I would find it almost impossible to not consider Sora a guardian of light because of how many lives and hearts he has touched. In my belief, Sora himself is the embodiment of pure light. I've always seen it that way because of how he touches so many lives and changes so many things. Kairi is also not a keyblade master either, but its also being suggested that she could be a guardian of light -- another rumor (mostly fan based) is that Kairi might be asked to protect the Seven Princesses of Light (well six not including herself). I am not sure what her or Lea's role might be at this point. I'm not so sure I'm convinced either of them will be one of the guardians. I think the guardians are going to be Aqua, Ventus, Riku, Mickey, Sora, (possibly) Roxas (as the opening for Dream Drop Distance hints at with the final scene at the Keyblade Graveyard), and maybe Terra? That would be 7 of them. For Terra it might be a very long stretch, but they might be able to find a way to save him because I know that is what King Mickey and Riku are going to be doing during the game.

There are a lot of things that are still left in mystery for the time being. I'm especially curious as to who the rest of the darknesses are because some of the Organization XIII members weren't completely bounded with Xenahort. I know that a few of them are being returned like Lea to their original states. So that's one thing I'm really curious about.

Another is the outfits because they've already confirmed that the outfits will be changed. Which Sora's outfit from 1 to 2 was just awesome, so I'm hoping they do just as good of a job!

Marx

Ah that clears up a couple of things on my behalf. It just occurred to me why Kairi can wield a keyblade, as it has been a while since I last played my copy of Birth By Sleep. The fact that Marvel is a developing world kind of dissapoints me. Now, I don't mind the Marvel franchise at all, in fact I love most of the Marvel world. It just doesn't seem like something that would fit with the flow that Kingdom Hearts already had going for itself. Let us take the Pirates of the Caribbean world for example: No real reason to have added it there, didn't make a huge impact on the story besides moving it forward with the Organization members, and in my opinion it felt a little "out of place" in terms of the norm with Disney worlds. The same thing could be said about the Tron: Legacy world. It isn't the whole Marvel being in Kingdom Hearts which baffles me, but the fact there would be so much ground to cover considering how large Marvel is. They can base it off so many things, but what would make it most relevant to the series? Sora battles with The Avengers against Loki controlling heartless? Does he fight alongside Guardians of the Galaxy? These seem kind of silly to me, but I digress. I will just be glad if they can pull it off without making it to abstract to the core theme of Kingdom Hearts.

The whole Frozen being in Kingdom Hearts fiasco is blowing up the internet. Everyone is definitely expecting a Frozen world, and personally I see no real benefit from it (besides it will pull in people who love Frozen and want to see it in a game like Kingdom Hearts.) I don't dislike Frozen at all, I think it is a great family movie, and it has that "magical" aspect to it which could fit well enough in the Kingdom Heartsverse. Elsa can be a potential villain (and hero?) then you can probably have Snow monster boss fights and what not. I suspect if they go with that theme, it would be the initial world will you get Blizzard magic upgrades. I don't see a real reason to go this route, but I can see why fans and developers alike would add Frozen.

I very much believe Sora is in a way as one of the Seven Lights, it is just by technical terms he isn't just quite to that extent. With Sora's connections and how many people's hearts he touched, he is more then a guardian of light which you are completely right about. I just don't tag him as one of the Seven Lights since he isn't a keyblade master, which begs me the question why refer to those who are not "official/unofficial" Seven Lights. They will probably go more in depth on that in KH3, but that is still up in the air for me.

I suppose if they would go the extra mile to save Terra, it would truly be a final battle between Xehanort (in his older state) vs the 13 wielders of Darkness. A matter of "how" they will do it is something I tend to think about.

Finally, I really do hope Destiny Islands makes an appearance/return somehow, in hopes they explain that anonymous Door of Darkness that allowed Destiny Islands to be swallowed.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Yeah, the Marvel world thing is a huge disappointment to me too. To me it feels like it is forcing something that seems rather entirely out of place into the game and unfortunately that is a big concern for me because if they mess this up... *Shakes head* It is going to be SO hard to make it up to the fans and keep fans for future games. Pirates was a bit of a forced world, but it still ended up not being so bad. I think that while it didn't completely fit entirely? There was still some charming aspects about it. I would really not prefer to see more of that world, but I guess we'll see.

I feel horrible sometimes about Frozen, but I just don't see much of the appeal in it. It's a cute family movie, for sure, and it's a great movie for like... family/sister/siblings kind of love and loyalty. It just seems like it is everywhere you turn and that is something that gets on my nerves with almost anything. If there is too much of it it eventually becomes annoying hearing about it. I could see where the world would come in, for sure, but I just think it's silly of them to bypass the older Disney films like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and even some of them older stuff that was the silly cute movies/shows with Donald, Goofy, and Mickey. Especially since they are going to have Mickey and Riku trying to find ways to save Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. To me that suggests that there might be a certain level of the two of them having to travel to older worlds instead of newer ones. And considering the fact that they've confirmed that they are going to be making more games for this series that's why it also doesn't make much sense about why they are putting newer movies into this game. If they have future plans for other games in the series then save the newer movies for the games after this one.

I've actually begun to wonder if Sora himself isn't some kind of embodiment of Kingdom Hearts. Because that title right there suggests a place where hearts gather. And so far, the only place that we've seen consistently throughout every game where so many hearts seem to be gathered around or whatnot is Sora. I've been wondering about that a lot lately if that's not going to be part of an explanation in this game. Or if it is going to be the key to saving Terra and Ventus since Sora had met with both of them before. Not as much Terra as Ventus, but since Ventus' heart is inside of Sora I can imagine he might be some part of saving Terra since those two were so close.

They also hinted a lot of that kind of thing about Sora being the one who can save so many people at the end of Birth by Sleep once you finish the final chapter. One thing I did just think about for Lea though is that Axel was friends with Roxas; a keyblade wielder. Perhaps that is some kind of connection as to why he can wield one? Perhaps if he ever touched Roxas' keyblades it might have been the same thing as it was with Kairi and Aqua. But, that is purely a speculation I just thought about.

I'm pretty sure Destiny Islands will be involved somehow because of the E3 trailer they had I think this past year? Of Sora being on Destiny Islands and picking up Eraqus' keyblade. Which that alone could/might actually make Sora a true keyblade wielder since Riku and Kairi just had to touch Terra's and Aqua's keyblades to inherit it.

Mathim

It saddens me they feel the need to clutter KH with things that already have a ton of their own video games (Disney Infiniti's Marvel pack comes to mind, and Star Wars...well, I've lost count of how many there already are.) Don't they have faith in their own original properties and not ones obtained from other's intelligent property?

I was hoping to see something from perhaps Frozen, the Lone Ranger (couldn't be worse than the movie), Sky High (there's your superhero universe right there) and/or Darkwing Duck. And maybe have a few obscure cameos perhaps as Summon spells like Marsupilami and Bonkers.

I just think integrity is thrown completely out the window when they stop using the things we remember as uniquely theirs from childhood in favor of things that I will never get used to attaching their name to. Marvel will always be Marvel to me and not Disney.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Obsidian Isolabella

I'm probably going to be standing solo on my desire to not see Frozen in this game. lol I'm noticing that.

I agree with Mathim. Disney has been successful and popular for so many decades with its own shows, movies, and many other things that have delighted families for a few generations now. But, the other thing to keep in mind is that its not specifically Disney itself that makes these games. They work for Disney, but its also a combination of the Japanese Square Enix too. And the Japanese think differently than we do as far as what is awesome. I know that for Dream Drop Distance they used some of the older movies/stories in that game and I was pretty happy about that. I thought the world with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy as the musketeers was rather awesome and yet adorable. I know there was that song kind of world in the Mysterious Tower that Riku and Sora both had to go into to pull Mickey from a sleep or something? I only ever got to watch the game through youtube videos since I don't have a DS.

Unfortunately, it seems like Disney is just changing and not all for the better. They've started this annoying thing about making live action movies from some of the best movies they've ever had that were animations. So far the only trailer I've seen lately that makes me want to go see a new Disney movie lately is the movie 'Pan' and the new Star Wars. Not very happy atm about Disney taking over Star Wars because I just don't think that is going to go too well personally, but I guess that is one of those wait and see kind of things. :/

Marx

Since The Hercules related world (Or in this case The Colosseum) is supposed to make a return in KH3, and as we know with each Hercules world, there will always be that one Final Fantasy cameo appearance. My question is: Who do you guys suspect from the Final Fantasy series to make an appearance this time around? Who do you wish to appear this time around?
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I don't play too many FF games, but if it were to keep it in line with the characters they've had?I'd love to see Vincent Valentino make an appearance. I could imagine him being like Auron. But he was supposed to be making an appearance in the first game anyways instead of Cloud. Which is why Cloud's appearance is bit different. Still I think it'd be awesome to see Vincent appear in this one. If not him then maybe Tidus' father? Jecht. I don't think they should be adding any of the newer FF characters into the game yet. They have a lot more popular FF games that I'm sure bigger  fans would want to see other Heroine's or Hero's (or even Villians) from the other games in future series. Though I also have to confess that I'm secretly hoping for Lightning to appear in one of the future games. XD She'd just be badass in KH. Though I hope they don't bring in anyone else from that series. Lightning would fit perfectly, but not sure about the others.

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 09, 2015, 07:23:49 AM
I don't play too many FF games, but if it were to keep it in line with the characters they've had?I'd love to see Vincent Valentino make an appearance. I could imagine him being like Auron. But he was supposed to be making an appearance in the first game anyways instead of Cloud. Which is why Cloud's appearance is bit different. Still I think it'd be awesome to see Vincent appear in this one. If not him then maybe Tidus' father? Jecht. I don't think they should be adding any of the newer FF characters into the game yet. They have a lot more popular FF games that I'm sure bigger  fans would want to see other Heroine's or Hero's (or even Villians) from the other games in future series. Though I also have to confess that I'm secretly hoping for Lightning to appear in one of the future games. XD She'd just be badass in KH. Though I hope they don't bring in anyone else from that series. Lightning would fit perfectly, but not sure about the others.

Well, I was really glad the version of Cid they chose to include was the FF7 version. He was my favorite. Too bad they had to censor his hilarious potty mouth!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Obsidian Isolabella

Yeah I was glad for that too. Out of all the Cid's in FF I'd say he's probably one of the most famous ones.

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 09, 2015, 09:44:40 AM
Yeah I was glad for that too. Out of all the Cid's in FF I'd say he's probably one of the most famous ones.

How could he not be? "Sit your ass down, shut the hell up, and drink your goddamn TEA! Argh, DAMN I'm pissed!" Probably the most memorable line in the game. Would have loved to have had him as a companion during one of the stages. He'd have made a much better replacement for Goofy than anyone.

I'm a little tired of them re-using worlds, like Agrabah. Yeah, Aladdin's fun, but if they wanted to re-include him in both KH 1 and 2 they should have used some of the new stuff/characters from Return of Jafar or King of Thieves just to shake things up a little. At least with Olympus Coliseum, the included the Underworld to explore in part II.

I don't see why they couldn't have used, say, Big Hero 6 for their Kingdom Hearts superhero fix instead of dipping into the more Marvel-Marvel stuff instead of the extremely Disney-fied-Marvel stuff. They could have also used Treasure Planet instead of Star Wars if they really tried. Maybe that could help make up for what a financial flop it was.

I know Frozen wasn't a popular choice, I was just throwing it out there. I didn't care for it at all, I'd much rather see Brave be part of it (even though I found that one not much better as a film.)

Marx

Quote from: Mathim on January 09, 2015, 11:47:12 AM
How could he not be? "Sit your ass down, shut the hell up, and drink your goddamn TEA! Argh, DAMN I'm pissed!" Probably the most memorable line in the game. Would have loved to have had him as a companion during one of the stages. He'd have made a much better replacement for Goofy than anyone.

I'm a little tired of them re-using worlds, like Agrabah. Yeah, Aladdin's fun, but if they wanted to re-include him in both KH 1 and 2 they should have used some of the new stuff/characters from Return of Jafar or King of Thieves just to shake things up a little. At least with Olympus Coliseum, the included the Underworld to explore in part II.

I don't see why they couldn't have used, say, Big Hero 6 for their Kingdom Hearts superhero fix instead of dipping into the more Marvel-Marvel stuff instead of the extremely Disney-fied-Marvel stuff. They could have also used Treasure Planet instead of Star Wars if they really tried. Maybe that could help make up for what a financial flop it was.

I know Frozen wasn't a popular choice, I was just throwing it out there. I didn't care for it at all, I'd much rather see Brave be part of it (even though I found that one not much better as a film.)
Cid was a great character to the FF franchise. He was like that cool older uncle that told you stories while running his mouth.
All things considered, if they were to add any of the FF cast, it would probably be from one of the newer game (that being Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII)  or depending on how far along the game gets developed, they can add the main protagonist from FFXIII Versus (a.k.a FF fifteen)
O/O

Mathim

I always wished they'd include characters from games outside of just the Final Fantasy series. I'd love to see Aya Brea from Parasite Eve make a cameo, for instance.

Marx

Quote from: Mathim on January 11, 2015, 04:30:42 PM
I always wished they'd include characters from games outside of just the Final Fantasy series. I'd love to see Aya Brea from Parasite Eve make a cameo, for instance.
Itis possible, but it is primarily a Square Enix/Disney incorporated game. Not sure how they would feel about Third Party appearances and the sort (besides the inclusion of Final Fantasy franchise.)
O/O

Mathim

Quote from: Dry Eyes on January 11, 2015, 09:23:17 PM
Itis possible, but it is primarily a Square Enix/Disney incorporated game. Not sure how they would feel about Third Party appearances and the sort (besides the inclusion of Final Fantasy franchise.)

But Parasite Eve isn't a third party, it's part of the Square side of the Square-Enix family. I mean, it wouldn't be as bad as adding in Solid Snake to Super Smash Brothers (the only game he was in on a Nintendo system, as far as I know, was way back on the NES.)

Marx

Oh right right my mistake. If that being the case, it is very possible (Though a matter of who/whom they would add is still up in the air.)
O/O

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 08, 2015, 08:48:12 AM
I'm probably going to be standing solo on my desire to not see Frozen in this game. lol I'm noticing that.

Frozen isn't in the game, the way it was mentioned was taken out of context.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Mathim

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 12, 2015, 03:16:33 PM
Frozen isn't in the game, the way it was mentioned was taken out of context.

It was merely a suggestion. Given the number of new Princesses that have joined the Disneyverse in the last decade, I would think they'd be able to make an entirely new Seven Princesses of Heart without having to double-dip into any of the ones from the original KH. Frozen would add two of them as opposed to just one. The shortened, KH version of the story sure couldn't be much worse than the movie's.

I mean, there's Merida from Brave, Pocahontas, Tiana from the Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel from Tangled, and...there's probably one more that I just can't think of right now. Add Elsa and Anna from Frozen and there's your brand new 7 princesses of heart. Besides, I thought it was bogus that Alice was one of the original seven.

Since black-and-white Pete and today's Pete were both in KH2, wouldn't it be interesting to have Sleeping Beauty's evil Maleficent and the pre-evil/post-evil Angelina Jolie Maleficent in it? That might be neat if they were to be on opposing sides and have to fight.

SweetSerenade

Elsa is not a Disney Princess, she is a Queen. Just like Kita from Atlantis - Elsa started as a Princess but before the movie finished she was a Queen.

I think that Alice was included in the Princesses because Alice is a classic female Heroine from Disneys early years. Just like Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, and several others.

IT just seemed right to see Alice there. Alice is a true representation of Childlike beuauty and love, light and curiousity. In the original book the last line was "Alice always knew that no matter how old she got, she would always have the heart of a child."

I am excited, and even found a friend with all the systems, so that I can borrow and play through ALL o the KH games...

I WANT Frozen, and Tangled, and Brave... and so many others to join.

Also I want to throw my 'I wish it was in there' bid into things... Since Square Enix owns it... I wanna see Higurashi no Koro Ni...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Drake Valentine

As long as Sephiroth is in it.

After all, he is the real boss and only easy when you get enough skill points for mana recharge from damage dealt to you/aero(or whatever that spell was to prevent damage dealt to you) and super glide is a must if you don't want to die. Or you can counter attack(not sure if they change how that works in the Final mixes) his ass like I did. Sword slash, parry -counter, sword slash, parry - counter. Sword swinging frenzy, parry/counter frenzy. ;o Square button was most faithful button.

Sephiroth in II was insane, but considerably the most entertaining battle out of the game(since he will actually change from walking to running at you) which I made separate save for that encounter and different save in KHI for other encounter, but again with those mention boosts, he is rather easy in I and not as entertaining to fight against as he was in II.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 08:07:56 PM
Elsa is not a Disney Princess, she is a Queen. Just like Kita from Atlantis - Elsa started as a Princess but before the movie finished she was a Queen.

I think that Alice was included in the Princesses because Alice is a classic female Heroine from Disneys early years. Just like Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, and several others.

IT just seemed right to see Alice there. Alice is a true representation of Childlike beuauty and love, light and curiousity. In the original book the last line was "Alice always knew that no matter how old she got, she would always have the heart of a child."

I am excited, and even found a friend with all the systems, so that I can borrow and play through ALL o the KH games...

I WANT Frozen, and Tangled, and Brave... and so many others to join.

Also I want to throw my 'I wish it was in there' bid into things... Since Square Enix owns it... I wanna see Higurashi no Koro Ni...

Don't most of the ones who get married become queens, though? Eh.

Fighting Bizarro-Sephiroth in a KH game would be sick. He'd resemble the final form of Ansem from the first KH.

SweetSerenade

No actually, Auror remains a Princess at the end of her movie - because both of the Fathers are still alive thus neither Aurora or Philip Ascend their thrones.  Cinderella's Princess didn't get his throne during any of the Cinderella movies. Snow White is still a Princess, because her Prince was just a Prince and not a King. I am guessing the reason Beast remained a 'Prince' was likely he was not a large enough Nobility to be considered a King, thus Belle remained a Princess.

Mathim

What about Ariel? I don't remember ever seeing Eric's father in those movies.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Mathim on January 12, 2015, 09:12:26 PM
What about Ariel? I don't remember ever seeing Eric's father in those movies.

Disney has a habit of not showing the parents. By the time Ariel's daughter is around, Melody, Eric and Ariel are King and Queen - but we are unsure as to when that happened. But in Ariel's current timeline she is still a Princess. XD

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 09:18:44 PM
Disney has a habit of not showing the parents. By the time Ariel's daughter is around, Melody, Eric and Ariel are King and Queen - but we are unsure as to when that happened. But in Ariel's current timeline she is still a Princess. XD

Bah, stuck in the past...why make sequels if KH can't also benefit from them?

SweetSerenade

Well as shown in Kingdom Hearts, some worlds move at different time speeds. As in... Alice in Wonderland... in Birth By Sleep the main characters end up there, and alice is EXACTLY the same age she is in the normal KH games... quite strange if you ask me. That begs the question of... what time lines do the worlds actually run on? What if... by the time we return to Atlantica (Or Pride Lands) The children of the previous people are already of an age to interact with the Heroes?

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 09:37:49 PM
Well as shown in Kingdom Hearts, some worlds move at different time speeds. As in... Alice in Wonderland... in Birth By Sleep the main characters end up there, and alice is EXACTLY the same age she is in the normal KH games... quite strange if you ask me. That begs the question of... what time lines do the worlds actually run on? What if... by the time we return to Atlantica (Or Pride Lands) The children of the previous people are already of an age to interact with the Heroes?

Well don't some people not remember certain events that have already transpired? Or some worlds were destroyed and then restored? What's the deal with those timelines? It's almost as hard to keep track of as Once Upon a Time's events.

SweetSerenade

I think Wonderland was never truly destroyed, same with Neverland. There was a few worlds that never saw such a thing. Like Hallow Bastion was once Beasts Castle, the world was destroyed and then Reestored in KH1 making that realm a playable world in KH2... So I would imagine it would be interesting to see other timelines.

There is still a lot of Disney they can delve into - like the several companies Disney owns... IE Pixar, Miramax... and the like. I wish they had considered the concept of Jay and Silent bob... because that would have just been HILARIOUS

"Here have this Herb"

"Oh does it Restore health?!"

"Yeah something like that kid... damn tha's a nice weapon!"

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 10:00:07 PM
I think Wonderland was never truly destroyed, same with Neverland. There was a few worlds that never saw such a thing. Like Hallow Bastion was once Beasts Castle, the world was destroyed and then Reestored in KH1 making that realm a playable world in KH2... So I would imagine it would be interesting to see other timelines.

There is still a lot of Disney they can delve into - like the several companies Disney owns... IE Pixar, Miramax... and the like. I wish they had considered the concept of Jay and Silent bob... because that would have just been HILARIOUS

"Here have this Herb"

"Oh does it Restore health?!"

"Yeah something like that kid... damn tha's a nice weapon!"

LOL, what? Pixar, I'd expect, maybe a Toy Story world, or hell, the Incredibles! But otherwise, a little far-fetched. Even the Marvel and Star Wars stuff seems really, really wrong, and would pollute the series. If I had the choice, Monsters, Inc. would be the top of my list for Pixar animated features to incorporate into the KH universe.

SweetSerenade

It's just a funny concept me and my group toss around periodically. It can be quite interesting to imagine all the worlds that could be use. I personally think Rise of the Guardians could be interesting, if added in. I can't remember if Disney owns the rights to that one, through a side company. Disney really does own a lot...

Mathim

You know what would be awesome to incorporate into KH from other Squeenix games? Some characters from Chrono Trigger! Maybe given them their own world, not unlike Hollow Bastion.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 10:20:01 PM
It's just a funny concept me and my group toss around periodically. It can be quite interesting to imagine all the worlds that could be use. I personally think Rise of the Guardians could be interesting, if added in. I can't remember if Disney owns the rights to that one, through a side company. Disney really does own a lot...

It is by Dreamworks. I don't believe Disney owns Dreamworks; but who knows, maybe Disney will buy them out next.

However, Disney owns Marvel and Lucasarts/Lucas Entertainment. Marvel films is now a subdivision of Disney(thats right, Disney bought them) and of course Disney bought out rights to Lucas.

Personally I rather not see any marvel characters in KH series.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Obsidian Isolabella

They've been showing parents more in newer Disney films though. And even though I'm sure a lot of us would have like to see more of the parents from older films; most of the time those parents are gone.

Snow White: You never actually see her father, but since the evil stepmother Queen is ruling I'd say its fair to estimate either he's dead, or away all the time
Cinderella: She only has her wicked stepmother around since her parents are dead (I'm now seeing a very odd pattern with stepmother's lol xD)
Aurora: Her parents are in the film, so this one doesn't count since they are involved
Belle: Her father is in it, but  I don't remember any explanations given as to where her mother was/went
Jasmine: Same here as above
Ariel: Her mother's death is explained and her dad is a pretty main character in it

So the parents are there just not a whole lot. Or did I miss the point? Sorry, been a rough couple of days. Also, I saw something about how Hollow Bastion was Beasts Castle? How so? Hollow Bastion has always been Radiant Garden. Beast ended up there through sheer force of will/heart to be with Belle once their world fell to darkness and Belle was taken by Maleficent. Maybe I missed something on that one too. >_<;;

SweetSerenade

My mistake, on beasts castle. Also, not exactly sure why Snow White never became a queen. Belle and Jasmine likely lost their mothers to child birth given the time period

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM
My mistake, on beasts castle. Also, not exactly sure why Snow White never became a queen. Belle and Jasmine likely lost their mothers to child birth given the time period

I was thinking maybe I missed a bit of the convo. lol xD

They never address that actually. Or to my knowledge... I know in the live action one she becomes Queen, but not in the Disney one or even the... um... ohhh what is that other one. Its like... Snow White and the dwarfettes? Not a Disney film. But one of my favorite childhood films because it told a story of what happened after the Disney film or supposedly you know.

Mathim

Considering how many sequels to things they've made, I'm surprised a lot of this hasn't been given the same treatment to resolve the ambiguity about who becomes what and such. Obviously not everyone has a happy ending, at least not right away.

Marx

Has anyone seen the new Keyblade design recently? Supposedly, it can transform into a gun and cannon, and shares a very similar design to that of Oathkeeper (It also looks less like a key variation and more sword themed much like Ultima Weapon in Kingdom Hearts 1.) I wonder if this hints as it being the first keyblade you can acquire? In the first gameplay trailer,you kind of see the whole transformation gimmick with Sora's Kingdom Key for when they turned into two guns.

What are your guys thoughts on this new gameplay mechanic? Personally, I think it is a cool change of pace.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Yes, actually, there is a video where you see Sora change the keyblade into guns. So that has been confirmed actually that that is part of the new design. I agree that it is different and new. I kind of think they should have Sora able to use two keyblades period and then be able to transform those into the other weapons like guns. So far I've only seen him using one keyblade, but I just think that'd be pretty badass for him to wield two keyblades normally with this game. The battle graphics from what I've seen are like... out of this world impressive. I mean, obviously with games like Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns and XV(if I used the right roman numerals for 15?) its not surprising that the graphics are that awesome. I've also read up recently that they are going to be using a certain kind of graphic design that is similar to what we've seen in the trailers for FF15. So, instead of the more cartoon feel to it or animated feel I think they're trying to make it more realistic without losing the charm of it all. If that makes sense? Like, I think they are making it more like the opening/ending scenes for the play through and stuff.

Here is the video from E3 in 2013 I think it was? It shows gameplay and you can see Sora wielding two guns at the end of it if you haven't seen this one already. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwkc3nqfFE

Drake Valentine

I though Sora was going to be older/look more grown up from rumors or what has been spoken on the grapevine.

Still looks like a kid to me. ;/

Marx

Quote from: Drake Valentine on January 15, 2015, 07:56:35 AM
I though Sora was going to be older/look more grown up from rumors or what has been spoken on the grapevine.

Still looks like a kid to me. ;/
Technically he is more older and mature compared to his KH2 adaptation of himself, and you can see it in some of his features. His facial structure seems more linear then his say "rounded" look in KH1 and 2. Though, the game is still in development so we will just have to wait and see for the differances in the final product ( But they are defitnilly there)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I'm not sure about him looking older since these events are going to be taking place right after Dream Drop Distance which also happened right after KH2 supposedly. They have mentioned different styles of clothing for the characters, but nothing yet about him looking older. But, I'm sure they are going to make him appear maybe a little more mature? I mean, Sora's always going to have that dork goofy side to him that makes him a very lovable character, but he's learned a lot along the way. So maybe its personality that will change a little? With only like two videos out right now for the game I'd say its still an unknown possibility. I don't think they've really released any videos with actual footage of the storyline or anything. The only one I've seen with even hints is the one with Sora on Destiny Islands picking up Eraqus' keyblade. Other than that its all gameplay videos so far.

Marx

So, a couple of friends of mine got into a discussion on how the party system will be implemented this time around. It would probably work the same as did previous KH installments did, BUT the party members themselves would be a lot more interactive and supportive. It was hinted at they plan to make characters like Goofy and Donald to be less than mindless AI running around doing random casts or Donald healing Goofy all the time rather than focus on actual members in danger or something similar. What my friends and I talked about was would the party system be more intricate somehow? Can we actually rely on the members abilites to help the gameplay further and spend more time fine tuning the party for best battle results e.t.c. Now, that is not to say you could not do that in previous Kingdom Hearts games, it just so happens to be that you can focus soley on Sora and still get through a majority of the game without tinkering with party abilities or stats too much nor is it that I am saying the party system is useless.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

The system could definitely be different. It needs upgrades to it and I for one would love more of the birth by sleep system to play a role in this one. The card system? No thank you! That was such a pain in the backside that I didn't bother playing through KH Re: CoM. I also wasn't a fan of the DDD game system, so hopefully those two won't play a part.

Marx

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 18, 2015, 06:59:02 PM
The system could definitely be different. It needs upgrades to it and I for one would love more of the birth by sleep system to play a role in this one. The card system? No thank you! That was such a pain in the backside that I didn't bother playing through KH Re: CoM. I also wasn't a fan of the DDD game system, so hopefully those two won't play a part.
Quite frankly, I just hope they improve the AI. Even if I set the priorities on Donalds abilities, he almost always healed at the wrong times or didn't use his casts to help me.

"Oh Sora I see you took some damage, let me heal you."

Sora casts heal on himself, followed by Donald healing you to late wasting magic.

Freaking Donald. XD
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Well I mean, there were settings in KH2 to put the party members on specific settings for how they focus on Sora or other party members. I know whenever I'd be leveling up for the different forms I'd always set the party members on focusing on healing and supporting Sora.

Marx

That is true, it just in my experience there were instances where my party seemed to do something out of the norm or were not as helpful at all in some battles.

So, if in KH3 that won't be as much of an issue where you wont have to specify party skillsets as much then that is a +plus for me :-)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

It probably would make things quite a bit easier. One way it might be interesting, and I use the term might very cautiously here, is if you can switch between the three? If they could figure a way to keep it live-action and real time instead of turn based, then it might be kind of cool to switch between the three members of the party to use whatever you might need at that time.

Marx

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 18, 2015, 07:46:31 PM
It probably would make things quite a bit easier. One way it might be interesting, and I use the term might very cautiously here, is if you can switch between the three? If they could figure a way to keep it live-action and real time instead of turn based, then it might be kind of cool to switch between the three members of the party to use whatever you might need at that time.
Well it will still be action-RPG based as all the Kingdom Hearts had (Turn based implies selectively choosing your next attack in an order fashion.) Though, I do see what you mean.

Being able to switch between playable characters mid-battle would be awesome! So long have I wanted to play as Goofy (You can technically do this if you have mods or a copy of gameshark where you can download/transfer  codes to play as the other AI characters in-game.)
O/O

CaptainNexus616

I'm personally curious if they will add new Drive Forms and what they will be. In the trailer and the footage released he still has his KH 2 clothes so I'm hoping for something along those lines since I loved dual wielding Keyblades.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Obsidian Isolabella

So far I haven't heard anything about drive forms, has anyone else? I also loved those forms and the rewards leveling them to the max reaped ^_^. Even if it was a bit of a pain to do so. xD lol

CaptainNexus616

I'll never forget when I first got the Final Form. It was...the boss battle against Xigbar the one with the guns I think. I was trying to go Master Form when I got that instead and frankly I thought it was even more awesome lol.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Obsidian Isolabella

This is so bad, but I don't remember the first time I got the final form. I can easily say I've played KH2 probably at least 60+ times since I was 16. XD I know that game inside and out at this point and it's probably sickening. I've even gotten to the point where I can go out of order with the worlds and get to the World that Never Was 10-20 levels before I should be there. XD

Marx

For anyone who has not seen it yet, her is a better view of the new keyblade design. It has some Oathkeeper flair to it and shows what type of transformation properties it has (which appears to be a gun and rings of sorts)
New look

You can find the article about it here: http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2841-this-is-the-new-keyblade-players-will-have-in-kingdom-hearts-3.html

So, what are your guys thoughts about the appearance? Does anyone suspect that all the keyblade will have some ability to change form or have a different ability entirely? I would hope so as that would defitnilly keep me interested. I wonder if Donald and Goofys weapons will have similar properties (Like instead of a wand for Donald, it would change into a large staff or Goofy's shield turning into knight-themed armor or duel shields and so on.)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Holy cow!!! That looks incredibly awesome! Now I seriously cannot wait to play with that keyblade and the weapons designs for the guns. :D That's so awesome!

Zekromnomnom

I haven't done near as much research as any of you about this, but couldn't the Marvel thing they're mentioning be Big Hero 6? It's an adaptation of a Marvel series.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 08:06:13 AM
I haven't done near as much research as any of you about this, but couldn't the Marvel thing they're mentioning be Big Hero 6? It's an adaptation of a Marvel series.

So far nothing's been like one hundred percent confirmed that I know of. Here's a fan made picture of what some fans are hoping for. And again, not from the actual Kingdom Hearts 3 game - just fan made.

Sora & Wolverine?

I'd prefer Big Hero 6 than any other of the Marvel worlds just because I don't really think that many of the Marvel worlds will fit right. Some of them might, but just like with the possibility of any Star Wars (though once again this has been said by Nomura that Star Wars won't be in the next game but they have confirmed they are working on a Marvel world being put in) it would involve a lot of carefully planning because all three of these franchises are pretty loved. Kingdom Hearts in its own way, Marvel is a pretty damn big one too, and of course Star Wars, so its a lot that could be messed up.

Zekromnomnom

Sorry to double post, but I think I figured it out.

Sora is going to hear about some world with people with incredible creation powers that can help in the fight against the thirteen darknesses or whatever. So he's going to search and see if he can find them if their world still exists. In his search, he'll hear about how the people on this world grew complacent with their power and decided they wanted to stop doing things for themselves so they set out to make servants to do everything for them. But after they've made these servants, the heartless came and took their hearts, but the servants had no hearts so the heartless left after that. So when Sora and co. arrive, they find a place where the servants, without instruction from their masters, just kept on building and building without any direction. Eventually the servants developed their own sentience and what was mindless building turned more unique and artful, but everything was still sort of blocky and artificial without the direction and imagination of the creators.

And along with their sentience and individuality, the servants came to have hearts of their own and that once more drew the attention of the heartless. And of course, the servants wouldn't want to call themselves servants forever, so the name they came up with for themselves....

was Legos.   ;D

Obsidian Isolabella

LOL! I busted out in giggle fits at that one Zekro. xD Can you imagine a little lego Sora? It'd be ridiculously cute and so amusing! Unfortunately though I don't think Lego will take a part in the 3 lol.

Although I just read something about the possible release year of the game? It looks like the voice of Goofy, Bill Farmer, has confirmed that they've been told KH3 will be released in 2015. With Amazon.com having it available to be purchased by December of 2015 it could be this possible, but I'm thinking that maybe it won't be until early 2016? But for some reason Bill Farmer says that he has finished voice recording for Goofy for the KH3 game and that he has been told it will be released in 2015.

I know there is to be more info released this year on the game itself, so here's to hoping that Bill isn't wrong!!

Zekromnomnom

But just think about it. They could have all kinds of zany antics. Like the guy from the Lego Movie, voiced by Chris Pratt, could talk to Lego Starlord, voiced by Chris Pratt. Instead of the Millenium Falcon, Iron Man could show up to get the TIE fighters off Luke's back so he could blow up the Death Star. Sora and Han could be flying a Gummi ship to draw the attention of the Death Star's fighters while the Avengers sneak the Hulk on board to just...you know, destroy like...all of it.

Plus then a few years later, they could make Lego Kingdom Hearts. Where you can go to the Lego world again, as a Lego. It would be so meta.

Mathim

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that pic of Wolverine being one of Sora's companions. That is just wrong on so many levels...

But I also hope that what if anything they have planned for inserting Marvel into the next game is only Big Hero 6. That would be the most reasonable, almost naturally self-contained environment with characters that seem kid-friendly enough not to alienate older players too. Plus landing the Gummi Ship in a place called San Franksokyo would be awesome.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 20, 2015, 08:50:22 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that pic of Wolverine being one of Sora's companions. That is just wrong on so many levels...

But I also hope that what if anything they have planned for inserting Marvel into the next game is only Big Hero 6. That would be the most reasonable, almost naturally self-contained environment with characters that seem kid-friendly enough not to alienate older players too. Plus landing the Gummi Ship in a place called San Franksokyo would be awesome.

I'm here with you 100% Mathim. Even though the artwork was awesome I just... just can't at all imagine it being good. I also recently read something else and let me find the link, but apparently the team working on it said that "everything is a possibility" or they are working with "no restrictions" so I guess that means they ARE trying to work in Marvel and Star Wars. :/ I wish that they would ask the fans of the game series and find out what we think because even though both of those franchises are awesome in their own rights... Combining everything like some magical one-pot wonder isn't the answer either. It's like trying to create a masterpiece painting by throwing all the colors of the rainbow together and saying that a brown poop looking canvas is a masterpiece because of its color use. I know I know - last one was a bit extreme xD

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 09:14:53 AM
But just think about it. They could have all kinds of zany antics. Like the guy from the Lego Movie, voiced by Chris Pratt, could talk to Lego Starlord, voiced by Chris Pratt. Instead of the Millenium Falcon, Iron Man could show up to get the TIE fighters off Luke's back so he could blow up the Death Star. Sora and Han could be flying a Gummi ship to draw the attention of the Death Star's fighters while the Avengers sneak the Hulk on board to just...you know, destroy like...all of it.

Plus then a few years later, they could make Lego Kingdom Hearts. Where you can go to the Lego world again, as a Lego. It would be so meta.

BUT, remember, Zekro that this isn't the end of KH period. This is just the final game for this storyline with Xenohart. That's one thing I wish that the creators would keep in mind. If they have the ability to create more games in the series with our favorite protagonist hero; Sora. Then take the time and do things right or slowly progress into certain things like Star Wars or Marvel. Don't just throw it in and hope it flies. Sorry I know I rant about this. XD I'm obsessedd!!!

On those links, I'm working on some more links like fan based keyblade art that is just epic-ness! And working on links for articles I've found about rumors for everyone who hasn't done as much research as this obsessed woman. xD

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 08:35:51 AM
Sorry to double post, but I think I figured it out.

Sora is going to hear about some world with people with incredible creation powers that can help in the fight against the thirteen darknesses or whatever. So he's going to search and see if he can find them if their world still exists. In his search, he'll hear about how the people on this world grew complacent with their power and decided they wanted to stop doing things for themselves so they set out to make servants to do everything for them. But after they've made these servants, the heartless came and took their hearts, but the servants had no hearts so the heartless left after that. So when Sora and co. arrive, they find a place where the servants, without instruction from their masters, just kept on building and building without any direction. Eventually the servants developed their own sentience and what was mindless building turned more unique and artful, but everything was still sort of blocky and artificial without the direction and imagination of the creators.

You sir have just made my day!
And along with their sentience and individuality, the servants came to have hearts of their own and that once more drew the attention of the heartless. And of course, the servants wouldn't want to call themselves servants forever, so the name they came up with for themselves....

was Legos.   ;D

My sides are in unending pain from the laughter.

Obsidian Isolabella

Okay everyone, here are some awesome Keyblade designs that are fan made!

Fanmade Keyblade Designs

*I think this one is from My Little Pony - so the idea is kind of silly in my opinion of it actually being in the new game but the design is pretty sweet!

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 20, 2015, 09:06:42 PM
I'm here with you 100% Mathim. Even though the artwork was awesome I just... just can't at all imagine it being good. I also recently read something else and let me find the link, but apparently the team working on it said that "everything is a possibility" or they are working with "no restrictions" so I guess that means they ARE trying to work in Marvel and Star Wars. :/ I wish that they would ask the fans of the game series and find out what we think because even though both of those franchises are awesome in their own rights... Combining everything like some magical one-pot wonder isn't the answer either. It's like trying to create a masterpiece painting by throwing all the colors of the rainbow together and saying that a brown poop looking canvas is a masterpiece because of its color use. I know I know - last one was a bit extreme xD

BUT, remember, Zekro that this isn't the end of KH period. This is just the final game for this storyline with Xenohart. That's one thing I wish that the creators would keep in mind. If they have the ability to create more games in the series with our favorite protagonist hero; Sora. Then take the time and do things right or slowly progress into certain things like Star Wars or Marvel. Don't just throw it in and hope it flies. Sorry I know I rant about this. XD I'm obsessedd!!!

On those links, I'm working on some more links like fan based keyblade art that is just epic-ness! And working on links for articles I've found about rumors for everyone who hasn't done as much research as this obsessed woman. xD

Thank you, I thought what I had said might have been a tad too colorful for this conversation but glad to hear some validation. Honestly, don't they have Disney Infiniti for all this Marvel Heroes crap? They have to muck up Kingdom Hearts too now just because Disney now owns it? It's such a break from tradition, they have so much in their vault already, it's a crying shame to slap together all this other stuff that doesn't fit at all just because it's popular. As if that would help sales at all, people are going to buy the game because they like Squeenix and they like Disney. Capitalizing on individual Marvel games would be much more effective. All they see is green and it's blinding them to what makes sense.

Obsidian Isolabella

I don't think it was too colorful at all. It's how I think most KH fans probably feel. Just because Disney now owns those two franchises doesn't mean that adding them to games like KH or whatnot is going to make it more enjoyable to other people. They kind of have a big duty to the fans of the game series KH alone to make this final game like amazing and I think if they mess this up? Any kind of future for the game series is going to significantly drop, unfortunately. Disney has so much in it before this take over of Star Wars and Marvel. They already have plenty of their own games.. I don't think that they need more or additional scenes in games like KH. It really won't open up a bigger market of fan base because Star Wars fans won't want to play this game just because of a small part of the game with Star Wars in it or the same with Marvel. If anything it might upset those fans as well as the fans of KH who I feel like have been so very patient with this last game development. Its been.... I think other than DDD it's been 10 years since we've had a game that actually goes forward in the current timeline. Yeah there are A LOT of side games to explain certain stuff, but other than DDD it's been that long since they've had the last "main" game come out.

Mathim

To me, it's just that Marvel and Star Wars are...well, they're too huge to cram into a single game world environment, you know? Not like the movies Disney makes on its own where they're really self-contained and easy to imagine being something relatively easy to explore in their entirety and not be overwhelming.

Marx

Well, here is hoping it doesn't moderately decent if and when they add Star Wars and Marvel universe. They already went down that road with Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy.

In my opinion, Star Wars makes a little more sense honestly as it won't have to revolve around every little detail of it. Though Marvel is such a generic term to describe how expansive their characters and worlds are, it is difficult to even begin to think where they are going with this.
O/O

Mathim

Quote from: Marx on January 21, 2015, 12:27:46 AM
Well, here is hoping it doesn't moderately decent if and when they add Star Wars and Marvel universe. They already went down that road with Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy.

In my opinion, Star Wars makes a little more sense honestly as it won't have to revolve around every little detail of it. Though Marvel is such a generic term to describe how expansive their characters and worlds are, it is difficult to even begin to think where they are going with this.

I disagree about Star Wars, not least of all because it's 6 movies and counting. It's a huge, multi-planet universe so that makes it difficult to pin down locations, not to mention a host of characters from different eras. Marvel is, obviously, ten times worse than this but they're both just completely wrong for KH. I mean, how would you honestly decide which locations and which characters to restrict Sora's interactions with so it doesn't eat up the bulk of game time? It's just not feasible.

Oniya

Technically, you could have said the same thing about the Final Fantasy additions - lots of canon to draw from and each 'episode' taking place on a different world. 

I think Marvel has a good 'set piece' with the recent Avengers movies, along with a villain that is both well-recognized and easily allied with mass destruction (Ragnarok, anyone?) or world domination - whichever schtick seems more in line with the game's storyline.  A generic city-scape would do for depicting 'Marvel Earth', although having two locations on the world wouldn't be unreasonable either.  Star Wars could easily be incorporated as a replacement for the inter-world travel instead of its own separate world, maybe with a possible flight-based minigame. (How many parsecs does it take you to do the Kessel Run?   *ducks* )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 21, 2015, 08:04:51 AM
I disagree about Star Wars, not least of all because it's 6 movies and counting. It's a huge, multi-planet universe so that makes it difficult to pin down locations, not to mention a host of characters from different eras. Marvel is, obviously, ten times worse than this but they're both just completely wrong for KH. I mean, how would you honestly decide which locations and which characters to restrict Sora's interactions with so it doesn't eat up the bulk of game time? It's just not feasible.

I have to say that I agree with this. At least with Final Fantasy characters they've already proven a great deal of success with working them in without just mashing things together horribly. Pirates of the Carribean, while it worked, it was a bit of a stretch. And Tron's world worked in the 2nd game, but in DDD? *Shudders* Just friggin leave it out already.

I could almost see Oniya's about Star Wars since there IS the gummi ships, but there would have to be some kind of explanation for the new enemies that we would face. With all games it's been heartless, or nobodies, or unversed that you come face to face with while on the gummi ship. Throwing in some elements of Star Wars might work somewhere down the line, but I really just don't think it has a good place in this game. And the same with Marvel. There is SO much history and too many characters to work in. Even with Final Fantasy characters they've limited who they've brought in and from what games. They haven't just taken a whole bunch of characters from each game in that franchise they've slowly worked in characters. And most of them, with the exception of the 2nd game, have had to do with FF7. So as far as FF characters go they haven't just taken a whole universe of games and tossed in a bunch of new characters as they would be by even trying to fit in Marvel for one. Maybe somewhere down the line with a new storyline they can find a good way to work in Star Wars and Marvel, but just throwing them in with the end of this particular arc? That's why its not a really good idea in my opinion for this game. There's no real tangible history that would make the fans go "Ohhhhhhh, so that's why!" and feel like the reason was justified correctly for those worlds.

Once again, that's just me as a long time fan of the game. I think that without game just throwing new things in because they might be cool or awesome to just be in the game isn't a reason to actually do it. Especially with such a loyal fan base like this series has.

How would Final Fantasy fans feel about suddenly seeing Donald or Goofy in the game? It would be... weird and probably not feel right. Hopefully that makes my point a little better since I went another rant. ^_^ ;;;;;

Oniya

I was sort of thinking that the 'darkness' theme of the KH baddies would link up rather well with the Sith.  There's the theme of trying to control the darkness and then getting corrupted by it that parallels nicely through both stories. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Oniya on January 21, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
I was sort of thinking that the 'darkness' theme of the KH baddies would link up rather well with the Sith.  There's the theme of trying to control the darkness and then getting corrupted by it that parallels nicely through both stories.

In a general sense, yeah it does. There are just little differences which make it not quite a good idea in my opinion. Especially not just being thrown into the last game randomly.

Zekromnomnom

Kind of a moot point for me, since I'm sure it's going to be on some system I don't have.

Back to something someone brought up earlier, Final Fantasy characters I would like to see. I think ones other than Setzer from FF VI, and like Palom and Porom from V would be cool.

Obsidian Isolabella

Zek, I know that feeling too. It's going to be on PS4 and I do not have that system. Kind of sucks, but we can still be excited about it :P

I've actually never played Final Fantasy VI or V. >_>; I've only played FFX, FFX-II, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, and FFXIII; Lightning Returns (Talk about suckage on that one though. Total disappointment :/)

Zekromnomnom

Well, spoiler for VI, it's the best one ;D

No, but it's my favorite. I would love to see Locke, maybe Terra.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had characters from Bravely Default.

Obsidian Isolabella

I'm going to start blushing in embarrassment here...

What's Bravely Default?  :-[

Zekromnomnom

It's a 3DS game that's a Final Fantasy game in every way but it's name. It's a lot more like one of the older games than the newer ones like the MMOs and the FF XIIIs.

Mathim

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 21, 2015, 02:42:39 PM
Well, spoiler for VI, it's the best one ;D

No, but it's my favorite. I would love to see Locke, maybe Terra.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had characters from Bravely Default.

VI is not the best one. It's got lots to explore and such but there's so many characters it's hard to give a crap about any or all of them in the end. Plus the severe lack of control over who can be used at a given time when they get split up is always a pain in the ass. IX did that a lot too, but it was craptastic in more ways than can be counted. Thankfully they minimized its characters' involvement in KH.

About the Final Fantasy characters mishmash, none of the worlds from any FF games are actually in KH, so it's not the same as making not only a world based around their universe but also filling it with their familiar characters. So it's not the same even though lots of them are probably unfamiliar to casual gamers.

Zekromnomnom

Quote from: Mathim on January 21, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
VI is not the best one. It's got lots to explore and such but there's so many characters it's hard to give a crap about any or all of them in the end. Plus the severe lack of control over who can be used at a given time when they get split up is always a pain in the ass. IX did that a lot too, but it was craptastic in more ways than can be counted. Thankfully they minimized its characters' involvement in KH.

About the Final Fantasy characters mishmash, none of the worlds from any FF games are actually in KH, so it's not the same as making not only a world based around their universe but also filling it with their familiar characters. So it's not the same even though lots of them are probably unfamiliar to casual gamers.

Well, I was joking. Did the smiley not make that clear? I'm not seriously going to post my opinions in threads like they're facts.

Marx

I really.. really hope we don't get another musical number world..
O/O

Mathim

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 21, 2015, 04:08:14 PM
Well, I was joking. Did the smiley not make that clear? I'm not seriously going to post my opinions in threads like they're facts.

No, in fact, the smiley did not make that clear at all. If anything it only gave off the impression that the teeming throngs of people who do trumpet it up to the heavens as the best FF of all time included you. An eye-rolling smiley would have been much more effective. Just sayin'. Don't be afraid to post opinions as long as you back them up with an explanation, if that's what you're afraid of. I always do even if everyone else disagrees with my stance, I just take the time to rationalize my argument, is all. Like I said, there are good points about it, but there are too many things that irk me about it. I would actually download it on my PS3 if only they had the Advance version which has more stuff. If I'm going to spend money on that game, I want it to have the maximum amount of content and they pretty much wasted a lot of resources making only one version of the game as comprehensive as that. Too bad they only remade IV on the DS to look as good as it does, I would have loved for V and VI to get that makeover and remove some of the many, many glitches that the older games had as a result of their older programming. Maybe then I'd appreciate having them show up in KH more. Seeing Setzer near the start of II was just like, "Really? He's the best they could come up with?"

Marx, I wouldn't mind another musical number/rhythm game style thing as long as it was a world that hasn't yet been explored and is something that wouldn't make a proper one to explore if they just bothered to put in the effort. Recycling the Little Mermaid like that was a bad idea, so avoiding something like that would be better if they were just going to do that all over again. Or maybe have one particular section of a proper, explorable world that would allow you to play it like a mini-game, and then another world or a few others will have something similar. Like if they ever made a Jungle Book world, you could do that same kind of thing in King Louie's temple and you have to keep the rhythm to keep Baloo's (and Sora's and the others if they're also involved) disguises on so they can successfully rescue Mowgli. Or something like that, it just popped into my head and I wanted to get it out. That way there'd at least be some variety to it. Or each game could vary in how it works, maybe one with singing, and the other with some kind of other minigame. Plus that could enable them to make a Pocahontas world without seeming as incredibly racist as the actual film, if there were no fight parts and just the music or whatever.

Marx

I don't see why they can't just add a Pocahontas world without it being watered down as they did for all the other Disney worlds that actually had a darker message to them (We did get to meet Frollo after all, and EVERYONE knows how dark The Hunchback of Notre Dome movie was with the original plot being even darker.) I think that they can still battle it out like a normal world, they just got to word a lot of that worlds content differently, or change the plot ever so slightly so that the hint of racism isn't caught.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I would absolutely LOVE to see them use Pocahontas!! Like I didn't even think of that and I'm so mad at myself xD I would love to see them do that. Or Jungle Book too.

The one musical game that has me stumped right now in the series is Disney Town in BBS. I cannot get past some of the beginner ones in the Ice Cream shop musical game. Driving me bonkers!!

Marx

Fun Fact: In Birth By Sleep, they already planned to have a Jungle Book world before releasing the game overseas. However, they never finished development of the world, and disregarded the project for space on new ideas/worlds (Why exactly? I am not sure of the details myself to be honest.)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I was never really sure about that myself. I know I've seen like extra stuff from that world that they had already built, so I'm not really sure why it was scratched. :/

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 23, 2015, 12:34:06 AM
I would absolutely LOVE to see them use Pocahontas!! Like I didn't even think of that and I'm so mad at myself xD I would love to see them do that. Or Jungle Book too.

The one musical game that has me stumped right now in the series is Disney Town in BBS. I cannot get past some of the beginner ones in the Ice Cream shop musical game. Driving me bonkers!!

How would they pull that off, though? Especially without it seeming racist all over again. Plus, did she fight in that movie? Or would that be one of the worlds with no battle companion like Wonderland? Too many unknowns. And I'm not sure how fun the environment would be to explore. You've got the ship which there already was in Neverland, and the forest which several places already had. Unless they came up with something really good, it might not be worth trying to make the New World (if that's what they want to call it, since that's what it was to the settlers/conquistadors) what with all the controversy that still haunts the movie.

Zekromnomnom

All right, I think I'm done in this thread.
Quote from: Mathim on January 22, 2015, 11:23:00 PM
No, in fact, the smiley did not make that clear at all. If anything it only gave off the impression that the teeming throngs of people who do trumpet it up to the heavens as the best FF of all time included you. An eye-rolling smiley would have been much more effective. Just sayin'. Don't be afraid to post opinions as long as you back them up with an explanation, if that's what you're afraid of. I always do even if everyone else disagrees with my stance, I just take the time to rationalize my argument, is all. Like I said, there are good points about it, but there are too many things that irk me about it. I would actually download it on my PS3 if only they had the Advance version which has more stuff. If I'm going to spend money on that game, I want it to have the maximum amount of content and they pretty much wasted a lot of resources making only one version of the game as comprehensive as that. Too bad they only remade IV on the DS to look as good as it does, I would have loved for V and VI to get that makeover and remove some of the many, many glitches that the older games had as a result of their older programming. Maybe then I'd appreciate having them show up in KH more. Seeing Setzer near the start of II was just like, "Really? He's the best they could come up with?"

Then maybe me saying "No, but it's my favorite." could have gotten that across. Nevermind, I guess I'll just state exactly what I mean, evey time I say anything on here.

Or just leave the thread.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Have fun with your speculations and such everyone.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 23, 2015, 08:07:11 AM
How would they pull that off, though? Especially without it seeming racist all over again. Plus, did she fight in that movie? Or would that be one of the worlds with no battle companion like Wonderland? Too many unknowns. And I'm not sure how fun the environment would be to explore. You've got the ship which there already was in Neverland, and the forest which several places already had. Unless they came up with something really good, it might not be worth trying to make the New World (if that's what they want to call it, since that's what it was to the settlers/conquistadors) what with all the controversy that still haunts the movie.

You know that they're going to put something in there with a forest. They've done it with every game. As for the racism in the story? They were battling gender issues in Mulan, but they put it in there regardless. And personally, Lion King was about as dark as Pocahontas was. So, there are those things to factor in as well. Plus if they were considering Star Wars? I think that they are pretty willing to go dark since I consider Star Wars fairly dark as far as storyline goes.

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 23, 2015, 08:13:11 AM
All right, I think I'm done in this thread.
Then maybe me saying "No, but it's my favorite." could have gotten that across. Nevermind, I guess I'll just state exactly what I mean, evey time I say anything on here.

Or just leave the thread.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Have fun with your speculations and such everyone.

Hun, there was no need to take what he said personally, though. He was just stating that he didn't take it as a joking manner because of the emoticon. No one is getting hostile in here since we're all just throwing out fun opinions and such. There is really no reason to leave the thread because you're not unwanted. I just ask that everyone respect everyone else's opinions whether they agree or not. We can all discuss our different opinions in a respectful manner even if we disagree ^_^

CaptainNexus616

What about a Treasure Planet world? Or an Atlantis world? I know they didn't do as good as other Disney animated films such as Mulan or Lion King but they could be fun areas to explore.

Obsidian Isolabella

See, Nexus, I'm a HUGE fan of Treasure Planet. Yeah it might not have been  up to par with frickin Frozen, but I loved that movie so much! I think it'd be an awesome world just like Deep Space was :D

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 23, 2015, 03:24:34 PM
See, Nexus, I'm a HUGE fan of Treasure Planet. Yeah it might not have been  up to par with frickin Frozen, but I loved that movie so much! I think it'd be an awesome world just like Deep Space was :D

I heartily disliked Frozen but I can't think of too many other worlds with a snowy theme other than the mountains from Mulan which we've already seen, so if they could handle it well without annoying me too much like the movie did, fine. But yes, yes, and more yes on the Treasure Planet. They need an outer spacey world sci-fi thing that isn't Tron or just the journeys between worlds in the gummi ship.

And Zekro, bro, if you read what I said, all I was saying was be literal, and if you have a dissenting opinion, don't be shy about giving your reasoning. It's one thing to think one side of an argument is unreasonable, it's another thing altogether to understand why it's unreasonable or just why someone might think so. I don't care if you loved FF6, that's totally fine. On the other hand if you hate it, I get that too. I just had no idea which thing you were getting at because of a questionable emoticon choice. Hence why I seldom use them. The game does get lots of hype that I don't feel it deserves, so the less we see of it in KH, the happier I will generally feel.

Frankly, that reminds me; Espers from FF6 were such a huge part of it and they actually talked and interacted with the characters, so wouldn't it be cool to see certain summon monsters that are so iconic to the series as part of the KH cast, just like the human(ish) Final Fantasy characters (since they also have Moogles and such)? They could be sage-like, testing Sora in combat like mystic beings and maybe upgrade his magic for him if he passes their tests. Ramuh for one comes readily to mind as that big-bearded old dude who would undoubtedly have lots of lessons to teach the young hero.