Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

DUNGEON CRAWL MAFIA
It began as a completely routine exploration of an old abandoned mine...

spoilered so anyone reading from the start doesn't know how it ends!
PARTY LINE UP

Alive and Well
Mintprincess
persephone325
Remiel
ThatRPGuy

Departed!
Yugi, Adventurer (Elf Druid, True Neutral, Nature Worshiper) was Killed Night One!
Seranova, Adventurer (Human Hireling, Lawful Good, Divine Gods Worshipper) was ripped apart by Zombies Day Three!
Derwaysh, Third Party (Lone Goblin, Chaotic Neutral, Nature Worshipper) Ran off with the Big Shiny on Day Three!
Strangefate, Infiltrator (Half-Elf Rogue, Chaotic Evil, Devil Worshiper) was kicked out of the party on Day Three!
Blythe, Adventurer (Half-Elf Mage, Neutral Good, Divine Gods Worshipper) was killed Night Three!
James Moriarty, Infiltrator (Human Mage, Lawful Evil, Devil Worshiper) was kicked out of the party on Day Four!
Verasaille, Adventurer (Tiefling Warlock, Chaotic Good, Devil Worshiper) died of plague on Day Four!
King Serperior, Adventurer (Dwarf Fighter, Lawful Good, Divine Gods Worshiper) was killed protecting another on Night Four!
Madame Professor, Infiltrator (Half-Orc Monk, Neutral Evil, Devil Worshiper) was eliminated on Day Five!

Journal
On Day One, the party eliminated Nobody, and decided to keep exploring!
During the Night, Yugi was killed and Derwaysh's hair was made to stand up!
While Exploring the Dungeon, the party found a Ring of Friendship!
On Day Two, the party eliminated Nobody and decided to keep exploring! Nobody was given the Ring!
During the Night, nobody died, and Verasaille was turned purple!
While Exploring the Dungeon on Day Three, Seranova was killed, Derwaysh ran off with the treasure, and the party found Boots of Elvenkind!
After much deliberation, the party kicked out Strangefate on Day Three. He was revealed as an Infiltrator Assassin!
During the Third Night, Blythe was killed, and Mintprincess and Verasaille took very ill!
The party kicked out James Moriarty on Day Four. He was revealed as an Infiltrator Wizard!
Verasaille died of plague on Day Four. Mintprincess recovered.
King Serperior was killed in the night during Night Four, he died while protecting someone else!
Persephone acquired stoneskin during Night Four!
Madame Professor was kicked out on Day Five. The party won the game!

Intro
Welcome to Dungeon Crawl Mafia, a Mafia game about a group of adventurers exploring an old mine, who quickly discover some of their group are evil and out to get them! This is a game of deception, trickery, betrayal, throwing each other out, killing each other in the night, and conquering a dungeon! It is meant to be fun, take it as seriously or light-hearted as you wish, but try to win!

The Basics of Mafia
There are at least two sides in a game of Mafia. The "Town" or in this case the Adventuring Party, and the "Scum" or "Mafia", in this case the infiltrators.

During the "Day" Phase of the game, the group bickers, argues, accuses each other and votes on who to throw out. The goal of the adventuring party is the throw out all the threats to the party. A simple majority is required to decide who to throw out. Once that majority is reached, the day phase ends and the night phase begins. Day Phases will also have deadlines between 3-4 real life days for each in game day. If the deadline is reached without anyone being agreed to as the candidate to be kicked out, nobody gets kicked out and the night begins.

During the "Night" Phase of the game, the infiltrators try to kill somebody. The goal of the infiltrators is to gain control of the vote. Once there are an equal number of infiltrators and adventurers left in the game, the infiltrators win because at that point the adventuring party can't throw them out anymore.

If there are any persons present who are neither members of the adventuring party, nor the evil adventurers who have infiltrated it, they will have their own unique win condition. They may or may not count as threats that the good guys have to eliminate to win, they may or may not count as people that the evil guys have to eliminate to control the vote. Each third party role, if any exist, is unique.

Your Role
You will receive a PM from me before the game begins. It will tell you your character's Race (Chosen from Dungeons and Dragons races), Class (same), Alignment (from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil), and what sort of beings they worship (Gods, Devils, or Nature). If you have any abilities they will also be explained.

Rules
  • There is no communication about this game whatsoever by anyone playing it outside of this thread. No OOC thread, no PMs, nothing, unless your role PM says you can.
  • The PM you receive from me before the game begins will tell you your role and your win condition. If your win condition (i.e. what team you are on) should ever change, you will know it. You will never need to guess whose side you are on in this game.
  • Once enough votes have been made during the day phase to eliminate someone, that person is removed from the game and can no longer post in this thread. They continue to be barred from discussing the game anywhere else.
  • Once enough votes have been made during the day phase to eliminate someone, that day is over, and nobody may post in the thread until the next day begins. Stop posting and wait for me to resolve the vote. The only exception is you may post a short message informing the rest that the majority has been reached and someone has been eliminated to let everyone know to stop posting!
  • Any time a player is eliminated, that player's role will be revealed.
  • The bad guys and any third parties that exist have been given fake roles to claim. These fake roles will also be revealed when they flip.
  • All questions about the rules must be PM'd to me. If it is a question about how the game in general works, I will answer it publicly without revealing who asked. If it is a question about your unique role, I will answer it privately.
  • You may NOT under any circumstances quote any PMs that I send you in this thread. You especially may not quote the role PM that I send you.
  • You must actively participate in this game! Players who are not active enough will be officially poked, by me announcing in this thread that they are being poked and have 24 hours to become active or be mod-killed. Players who do not start participating after that will be mod-killed, eliminating them from the game.
  • You may not pretend to take any actions that you do not have the power to take (i.e. post that you are killing someone during the day if you do not have this ability).
  • When someone uses a day action, the game must pause until I can resolve the action. The deadline to vote will be extended accordingly.

Voting!
To Vote, copy and paste this code, replacing the ((TARGET)) with who you want to vote for:

[b][u]This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((TARGET))[/u][/b]

Unless something happens to change this, you may vote any number of times during the day, but only the most recent vote you posted counts. You do not have to "unvote" simply casting a new vote will change who you are voting for.

If you wish to remove your vote and vote for nobody at all, use this.

[b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE.[/u][/b]

I will attempt to keep the thread updated with current vote count as best as I am able, but please do not rely on this. :) Feel free to post your own votecounts if you like!

Exploring the Dungeon!
In addition to choosing who to vote for during the day, the party must decide whether to continue exploring the dungeon or not. For the majority of players the more of the dungeon you explore the more of a "power role" you will become, gaining levels and with it the ability to take night actions or day actions that will perhaps swing things in your favor. Not all roles work this way however. The game can be won by never advancing in the dungeon at all. It can be won by advancing every turn. This is entirely up to you all to decide.

To vote to explore the dungeon, copy and paste this.

[b][u]I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON![/u][/b]

If you change your mind copy paste this ->

[b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON![/u][/b]

If you don't want to explore the dungeon, simply don't post anything. If a simple majority agrees to it, the party will explore the dungeon.

If your role changes, it will change with the start of the new day.

For Example:

If the Party votes to explore the dungeon on day one, night one will proceed with the roles the party already knew they had. At the start of day two, anyone who's abilities change will be notified by PM before the day begins.

Day Actions!
You may have the ability to perform a day action. This is a particular power you can use during the day to do something! If you have this power, a code to copy paste like the code to vote will be in a PM you get from me. When someone uses a day action, everyone must stop posting until I can resolve the day action. The deadline to vote will be extended accordingly!

Roleplay Wins!
Each player in addition to winning with the good guys or bad guys, has a roleplay victory that is unique to them. These all require the player's team to win to take effect, so everybody should be focused on their team winning first. These are just to ad a little bit of fun to the mix. Some of these are hard, some are easy, some are almost automatic. Some require effort, some require a certain style of posting, some are done in complete secret.

Have fun! :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

RedPhoenix

DAY ONE BEGINS

Last night in the Tavern was a lot of fun as you all met each other for the first time, had a few too many drinks, and ended up all agreeing to work together in your mutual goal of cleansing the nearby abandoned mines of the monsters that had taken over!

Fourteen of you left that morning. Fourteen of you arrived at the entrance to the mine. The first level was cleared out hallway by hallway, area by area, spiders the size of housecats, centipedes the size of guard dogs, and a few lost goblins were easily dispatched. But as you prepared to make camp for the night you realized someone was missing...

"Wait a minute." Someone says. "Where'd the elf girl go?"

"What, the redhead who wouldn't shut up about how she's a lost princess and how her eyes are silver and green because of how tragic and sexy she is?"

"Yeah...where'd she go?"

A quick glance around revealed the horrible truth. Red the Elf was dead, a dagger in her back.

"Monsters again?"

"No, we've cleared out this level, and we're the only ones around...it looks like some of us aren't who we claimed to be."

Eyes narrow as you realize...there are traitors in your midst!

Red, GM-Aligned Mary Sue Plot Device was Murdered Day One.

The game has begun!!!

With Thirteen Alive and Thirteen Votes in Play, it will take Seven Votes to Throw Someone Out or Decide to Keep Exploring!

Deadline for today is 6 PM PST on Saturday the 30th, or whenever a majority is reached on who to eliminate.

Please confirm in your first post that you have received your role PM!

persephone325

(Got my PM.)

With not much to go on, I think it would be unwise to vote someone out so soon. That's just my thinking.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

I am Healy McHealerson, the Cleric.   I will do my best to guarantee that none of you perish of your wounds!

Blythe

The handsomest and loveliest half-elf of them all looks up from a mirror vanity kept in his pocket and says, "I'm here! And I certainly got my role PM from that very peculiar meddling Phoenix goddess--I worship the elven god Corellon Larethian, so I don't know what to think about having a different deity meddling here! I want to continue exploring, obviously, because who on earth wants to remain around town and drink with plebians and commoners? Adventure!"

He looks at the poor body of Red Sue and wails in a paroxysm of grief, "NOW WHO WILL LAVISH ME WITH LOVE AND ATTENTION DURING OUR TRAVAILS."

He casts his gaze around to find the 2nd most handsome or beautiful person to lavish his attentions upon, being obviously distraught.

King Serperior

Role PM has been obtained.

I put my foot into the body of the large spider I had dispatched in order to retrieve my ax, the blade slipping out with a sickening 'thuck.'  Upon seeing the body of the elf and the dagger at her back, I, Xavier Stoneguard of the Dwarves, sigh and mutter, "Goblins....treacherous, little buggers.  Looks like one got behind her.  Keep an eye out and watch your back.  We have to get deeper in this blasted mine, else someone else wander in here and become surrounded by these beasts."

At the lamentations of the pompous Elf, Xavier makes no attempt to hide his disgust when he rolls his eyes, "By the Divine Gods!  Grow a pair you long-haired fool and focus on the foes that dwell deeper in this place, else the buggers get you too."

He looks at the others and slams the butt of his ax to the ground, "Come, let us go forth, deeper into the mine!  Surrounded by stone is not a bad place to die for her soul is safe from evil spirits!  We must not retreat, lest we be cowards and let some other foolhardy party get what we came here for!"

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Verasaille

The air is warmed by a swirl of fire as the Tiefling sets up camp. "I, Tisha Swornheart, will not explore further, until the culprit has been discovered. We cleared the level, "Short Stuff", besides, I'm hungry."

Her tail wraps around the half elf as she licks her lips. "Besides, I kind of want to get to know you....all of you." she purrs softly.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Question Asked! Is the game thread In-Character?

Only as much as you want it to be. You can post both in and out of character thoughts in this thread. Roleplaying is encouraged and fun, but absolutely not required.

(Various Questions About Individual Roleplay Victories)

I just want to remind everyone that the Roleplay Victory can only happen if your team wins. If your team doesn't win, you don't get your RP victory even if you fulfill all the conditions. So if you have to decide one or the other, pick your team first!

RedPhoenix

Question Asked! Do we HAVE to vote to eliminate somebody during the day? Can we vote to eliminate nobody?

You do NOT have to vote to eliminate somebody during the day. The activity requirement is met by posting and being active in the thread, voting is NOT required.

You MAY vote to eliminate "Nobody." If "Nobody" wins the election for elimination, the day will end as normal with nobody being thrown out.

Also just to remind everyone the election of who to eliminate and whether to move forward or not are two separate choices, you can vote in each!

Thus far, nobody has voted for anything! Game continues!

Blythe

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((Nobody))

Blythe the magical half-elf says, "I believe that the more skilled might be able to deduce our traitors. While I am most handsome and magnificent by Corellon's grace, I am only a hedge mage and not strong enough to guide us to the traitorous scum that infest the heart of our expedition!"

I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON!

He explains further, "More power will help us. We cannot long hold off trying to root out the evil festering here, but we should try to strengthen ourselves as best we can first."

He spends the rest of his time swooning at the tiefling-beauty Tisha Swornheart. And huffing irritably at Xavier the dwarf.

Mintprincess

Mintiliciousness, the beautiful...dwarf.. with long lucious green hair gazes over at the magical half-elf and nods, "I agree with Blythe," she added. "We're here to clear the dungeon, and we need to keep moving forth, lest this level be compromised requiring a redo." 

This is my VOTE! I am voting for NOBODY

persephone325

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((NOBODY))

I believe it would do us no good to just blindly cast anyone out. We should just be very cautious while continuing forward.

Onward! To seek out treasure and riches!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

With a grunt of acknowledgement towards his fellow Dwarf, Xavier nods, "Yes, finally some words of action being spoken!  Ay, we must continue forth and clear these creatures so that we may claim whatever riches are down there for ourselves!"

Xavier eyes the Elf and the Tiefling with a raised eyebrow, followed by a scowl, "Unless of course, you two plan to go back to the inn and finish your courting.  Meanwhile, the rest of us shall split the honor, glory, and riches among ourselves."  This was neither the time nor place for a petty lovers' quarrel, not when they were deep in the territory of foul goblins and divines know what else.  He continued to speak so everyone could hear, "Besides, did we not agree to come down where there was the possibility of one of us dying?  Filthy goblins would like to resort to such cowardly tactics against our show of force.  Keep your hands on your blades and your eyes on each others' backs and no beast will cause our number to drop further."

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((Nobody))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Verasaille

Tisha looks around and shrugs. "So far we have not heard from everyone. I am not moving until we have a vote from everyone." she declares with a pretty pout.

(can we have a list of participants in the first post and a line through those eliminated to make it easier to keep track? Please!)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Current Votecount!

Nobody! (5) - Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior, Verasaille

4 are voting to explore the dungeon! (Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior)

With 13 votes in play, the day ends when 7 people vote for who to eliminate!

Quote from: Verasaille on January 26, 2016, 08:57:59 PM
(can we have a list of participants in the first post and a line through those eliminated to make it easier to keep track? Please!)

Yes! Adding!

Remiel

Healy McHealerson the Cleric nods in response to Tisha the Tiefling's assertations.  "Indeed, we haven't," he says in his most pious voice.  "It would be good to introduce ourselves, that we might have a better idea of our travelling companions.  Clearly, one, or possibly more, of us is a foul traitor, looking to stab us in the backs that he might have a larger share of the treasure."

He hefts his sturdy mace over his shoulder, and sighs.  "The question, now, is whether or not to randomly expel one of us from our ranks.  If we do, we run the risk of doing the knaves' work for them.  If we do not, however, we give them carte blanche to pick us off, one by one.  To risk, or not to risk, that's the question..."

He mulls it over, chewing on his lip, and then shakes his head.  "Perhaps it would be better to wait for further information.  In the meantime, by all means, let us continue exploring the dungeon!  Perhaps something that we find will help us solve this mystery." 

RedPhoenix

Questions Asked!

Can I remove my vote?

Yes. Use this code (will be added to op as well). [b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE.[/u][/b]

If you are switching from one person to another, just post your new vote. Only use this if you want to go from voting for something to voting for nothing at all.

If a party member is kicked out during the day and there aren't enough votes to keep exploring what happens?

The day ends when a party member has enough votes to be kicked out. If the votes aren't there to support moving on, the party stays put.

Current Votecount!

Nobody! (6) - Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior, Verasaille, Remiel

5 are voting to explore the dungeon! (Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior)

With 13 votes in play, 7 votes are required to kick someone out or vote to keep moving!

Remiel

I am REMOVING MY VOTE.

To clarify: I'm keeping my vote to explore, but removing my vote to expel nobody.

RedPhoenix

GM Comment

Sorry I should have made a different one for that to avoid confusion.

Use this to remove your vote to explore ->
[b][u]I am REMOVING MY VOTE to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON![/u][/b]

Added to op as well.

Okay hopefully that's all from me for awhile, sorry! It's my first time! :)

Current Votecount!

Nobody! (5) - Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior, Verasaille,

5 are voting to explore the dungeon! (Blythe, Mintprincess, Persephone, King Serperior, Remiel)

With 13 votes in play, 7 votes are required to kick someone out or vote to keep moving!

Derwaysh

It wasn't ideal but then again Trump wasn't an ideal goblin. He ventured in with the others and bounced along on one leg at a time because after all any attention is good attention. No sooner had Red been murdered he sighed and started shouting at the top of his lungs. This wasn't achieved to garner publicity - he did not need that, considering the grand hair and an even grandiose need for debacles - but rather to prove that he was needed.

"When the infiltrators are sending their people... they are sending murderers, they are sending treasure-grubbers... and some I guess are good people. Let's just kill half of you, let's just pick you all at random..."

When nobody responded, the goblin sighed and cast his vote.

This is my VOTE! I am voting for half elves, decent human beings, anyone-who's-not-me, NOBODY

And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Blythe

Blythe the half-elf stares in shock and horror at Trump the Goblin.

He'd had absolutely no idea their party had contained the goblin version of Trump. A part of him was fascinated and wanted to say hello. A part of him wanted to roll a d20 to see if it was possible to strike Trump's hair. He did neither, only watched in wide-eyed morbid fascination.

Seranova

"Hi guys! I know I told you this when we met, but just in case anyone forgot, I'm Jitters! I can't ima-" he pauses as he twitches uncontrollably for a moment, then continues as if nothing happened. "-gine where I got the name from! My real name is," another twitch. "Sam! I carry the bags! Remember, you guys hired" twitch "me for that! I'm super excited to be a part of this whole thing! But I'm also pretty sure we'll all die screaming! What fun!" He finally takes a breath amidst his yelling to twitch again.

"Since we're all pals here, right!? I mean! It's not like this is the" twitch "first time somebody has exploded in a pool of blood and guts, right!? We don't have to have traitors!" He glances around, eyes shifting, twitching. He leans down to pick up more bags than seem physically possible, most of them being his own, as items drop left and right seemingly unnoticed from his uncontrollable twitching. "Let's go, guys!"

Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

RedPhoenix

It was a quick and rather uncontested decision. The party decided nobody was suspicious enough to toss out, and determined they would explore the next level after a good night's rest.

DAY ONE is OVER. No More discussion here until DAY TWO begins!!!

Nobody was Eliminated

The Party voted to Explore the Second Level of the Dungeon.

Send me all Night Actions within 24 hours!

Derwaysh

He can count on your support, Remiel! ;D

Performing the ancestral dance of his predecessors, the goblin jumped from one foot to another. He looked at Blythe and as he moved his arms above his head, his hair encompassed a life of its own and responded in kind.

In that moment it was very difficult to tell what was sexier... his face or the porcupine mane.

"Look... look! All I am saying is it just don't make sense... it just don't make sense..."
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days