Tetris Movie Trilogy in the Works

Started by Inkidu, June 29, 2016, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Sadly, no, you're not hallucinating and no, the Old Ones have not risen from strange eons and depths dark and deep. There is not only a Tetris movie being planned, but it's a trilogy.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/29/the-upcoming-tetris-movie-is-the-first-in-a-sci-fi-trilogy.aspx

My brain has exploded and is now running out of my ears. Excuse me, magic butterscotch guinea pigs, I think I need a band-aid and some peroxide for that.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

That could be enormously fascinating. I mean, it's such a vague thing you could literally do anything with it story-wise. Not like Battleship, where it's a very narrowly defined area around which to build a story.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lustful Bride

This is gonna be like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. Terrible and yet fascinating.

Beguile's Mistress

It sounds like it could be a conspiracy theory kind of plot with many things here and there on the internet, in the news, isolated geographically, etc. all being influenced and manipulated by a mastermind to achieve some sort of dominant position.  When you look at the pieces none of them even seem connected until one of them is turned a certain way, quite by accident, and things begin to fall into place.  One, maybe two people see the symbiosis and start noticing more and more pieces and begin putting the big picture together.

Need a romantic interest?  The man and woman are on different sides of the world and interact by chatting online.  They begin brainstorming their searches with each other and are pretty far along to a solution to the puzzle when they are discovered.  That is when they get together physically.

I can see how this story could become a big one and might need three installments to tell it.

AmberStarfire

A tetris piece gets lost in the void between games and has to find its way home. It crosses paths with some characters from other games, until it finds its way back to tetris land where there's a big tetris championship underway and it has to prove it belongs in the game because they've been getting along fine without that piece ever since (or better yet, the game has been infiltrated by a piece from another game). It turns out falling into the game void wasn't an accident after all - it was a set up intended to dispose of that poor little tetris piece once and for all. It can't be allowed to happen, and the good tetris piece's friends are on its side.

Shit just got real. :D

Oniya

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 01, 2016, 11:37:12 AM
Need a romantic interest?  The man and woman are on different sides of the world and interact by chatting online.  They begin brainstorming their searches with each other and are pretty far along to a solution to the puzzle when they are discovered.  That is when they get together physically.

This is where the big I piece comes into play, right?  Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Oniya on July 01, 2016, 12:55:15 PM
This is where the big I piece comes into play, right?  Bow-chicka-wow-wow.

*laughs*  You peeked!

Oniya

Freshman year of college computer lab conversations.  ;D  Bunch of newly-liberated late-adolescents and all that brings.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Beguile's Mistress

I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed that I missed out on that. :-)

Mathim

I'm actually picturing something along the lines of Pixels. Everything is being turned into perfectly square-ish shapes in order to fit it neatly into some alien suction device. Maybe throw some Spaceballs elements into it too.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Suiko

The protagonist has to wait three movies for the illusive straight line piece - everyone knows that tension!
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Mathim

I just thought of something. This could be like the movie Cube. People are trapped in a small room. They see a door very high up, impossible to reach. Suddenly the ceiling starts to drop, piece by piece, and they have to scramble on top of them before they are crushed. But as soon as the floor fills up, the bottom row vanishes and they have to continue climbing, hoping the blocks fall in just the right way so that they don't get trapped and crushed, or that the bottom row isn't all the way filled in so that they can reach the door at the top since otherwise they'll just stay at the same height indefinitely. Then, like Cube, they figure out there are ways to manipulate the orientations of the falling piece of the ceiling, the speed at which they fall, but then they realize that in order to do that, it has to become a competition, i.e. if they want to have control of the situation, they have to do it in such a way that one of them will have to 'lose' a strategy battle and be crushed. But unfortunately, the only way they can guarantee they'll reach a height that will let them escape is to control the blocks manually rather than let them continue to fall randomly, thus they are forced to do it in a deadly competition rather than being completely cooperative the entire time.

How sick would that be? And since Cube is also a trilogy, this totally makes sense.

Thesunmaid

Umm does no one remember Battleship? They made a movie out of the board game battle ship. Also sharknado....these are real movies...that people pitched to studio people and they thought"Yeah...lets give these people millions of dollars to make cinematic cat vomit!" Also on netflix alone I can name at least 10 terrible movies that make one cringe at just the title. Like Mega shark vs Mecha shark and Nazi's from the center of the earth.

So yeah someone wanting to make a trilogy out of Tetris...this does not surprise me in the least.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Beorning

Nazis at the Center Of The Earth was Asylum's attempt at ripping off Iron Sky. Which really angered me - it's not enough that Asylum is making mockbusters of Hollywood movies, now they feel the need to steal ideas from independent productions..?

BTW. Wasn't there supposed to be a Monopoly movie in the works?

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on July 15, 2016, 12:14:58 AM
BTW. Wasn't there supposed to be a Monopoly movie in the works?

Nah, people go to the movies to forget about the depressing economy.  ;)

Mathim

Quote from: Thesunmaid on July 14, 2016, 09:19:07 PM
Umm does no one remember Battleship? They made a movie out of the board game battle ship. Also sharknado....these are real movies...that people pitched to studio people and they thought"Yeah...lets give these people millions of dollars to make cinematic cat vomit!" Also on netflix alone I can name at least 10 terrible movies that make one cringe at just the title. Like Mega shark vs Mecha shark and Nazi's from the center of the earth.

So yeah someone wanting to make a trilogy out of Tetris...this does not surprise me in the least.

Never bothered to catch Battleship, but I can see how Tetris could be made into something interesting.

Also, I saw a movie on the shelf at a used video store yesterday called "4 Milfs Vs. Zombies", so this kind of thing has been going on since forever. As long as someone has a batshit crazy idea, someone will give them money to make a movie out of it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on July 15, 2016, 12:59:19 AM
Nah, people go to the movies to forget about the depressing economy.  ;)
I'm trying to decide if that'd be Gatsbyesque or Ayn Randian. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on July 15, 2016, 07:53:52 AM
I'm trying to decide if that'd be Gatsbyesque or Ayn Randian. :P

While I'm not fond of either [insert long diatribe about those effing yellow dresses], I'd go with Gatsby.  Wine, women, and song and all that.