The X-Men versus The Brotherhood character application

Started by Irishfire87, January 11, 2014, 08:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

OK, I made the changes to Motoko's sheet. Give her a look see and tell me what you think...

kckolbe

Looked it over.  I like the character, but I'm just still seeing way too much in the form of clothing.  Hope that helps.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

It would be tough for Motoko to get anything done if she's constantly running from the cops trying to arrest her for indecent exposure. Though fighting male and some female characters nude would be interesting if one thinks about it. The distraction factor alone might be worth it...

Irishfire87

Motoko is approved and added to the character list under the neutral section.

This is going to be weird.  RPing as a character with a daughter 5 years older than her, lol.

Sasquatch421

Yup, it will be interesting to say the least. I get to write as a character whose mother is 5 years younger then her!

kckolbe

Mother/daughter threesome appeal just gained a level!
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Irishfire87

(This will be my final character.  I originally only intended to have two characters but I don't want the X-Men to rely on NPCs as they have more characters than the Brotherhood.  I have allowed the Brotherhood an NPC with similar abilities.)

Name:  Chloe Robbins

Alias:  Cleric

Appearance: 

Abilities: 

Healing Aura:  Truthfully this is more like a healing factor very similar to Wolverine's if not a bit better.  It isn't so much of an aura around her as it is something that she can project as a means of healing other people.  Healing other people with it she is very efficient and can even heal broken bones with ease though they take a bit longer to heal than flesh.

Healing Burst:  An extreme healing method that heals amazingly well.  This could well be a life-saving heal however it removes her healing factor for a full day and weakens her considerably forcing her to be bed-ridden for the rest of the day.

Personality:  Cleric is a very compassionate human being.  Even before she learned of her abilities she had wanted to become a nurse.  She is a horrible fighter and having her in any battle would give the opponent an edge rather than her own team.  She is very perverted, makes several sexual innuendos and teases a lot.  In the end though she is an excellent healer.

History (Optional):  Cleric grew up living a normal life in Maine.  Where her mutant ability wasn't offensive or visual she did not learn of her ability until she was in med school.  At first she was heralded as a miracle worker but it wasn't long before she was ousted as a mutant and then she was physically assaulted by a group of anti-mutant protestors.  If it weren't for her ability she would have been hospitalized or worse.  After which she sought out Xavier's School for the Gifted.  She has been there for 4 months now.

kckolbe

Since it would appear to be a conflict of interest for you to approve your character, I will offer some feedback.  I feel you should work on increasing her sex appeal.

EDIT:  Not possible, never mind.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

Name: Elisea Oleander Grace
Alias:  Isis
Hair: White
Eyes: Blue
Sexuality: Bisexual
Weight: 136
Height: 5'7"

Appearance:

Powers: Chi

1. PurityLife-Force Beam Emission: Elisea is able channel her chi and project it in the form of a destructive wave of energy, although no more then in a 20 foot radius. (She can project beams of concentrated life-force energy. She can deal enough damage to vaporize or disintegrate.)

2. Life-Force Ball Projection: She can shape her chi into the shape of a glowing orb of energy that is capable of mass destruction. (She can create concentrated balls of life-force that can be thrown at her enemies. The balls could be used as a melee attack, or way of transportation. Balls can be as small as golf balls or as big as a bowling ball, each taking more energy depending on the size.)

3. Life-Force Blade Construction: Elisea is able to solidify her chi and shape it into razor sharp weapons. (She can construct blade weapons of various shapes and sizes out of spiritual energy. Due to the special properties spiritual energy possesses, it is not bound to limitations of other elements, allowing it to become very versatile. Since the blade is made of energy, its sharpness can be impossibly high compared to other types of blades to the point of cutting through dimensions, or have it reduced to a blunt but powerful weapon to reduce injuries.)

4. Force Field Generation: Elisea can create a  "Force Field" with her Chi protecting others as well as herself from damaging blasts. (User is able to create a shield, wall or a field to protect themselves, with varying appearances and materials.) Her "force field" can be no higher then 7 feet high and 6 feet wide.

5. Mind Meld: She can use this power to temporarily fuse her consciousness with another person, resulting in a sharing of knowledge, emotions, and memories. Especially skilled users may use this connection to heal mental damage/illness, or even implant new mental factors in the others mind.

6. Chi Enhanced Healing: If she sustains injury or illness, she can focus her chi for the purposes of healing her injuries. She is also capable of channeling this energy into other people, allowing them to heal with more efficiency as well. (In other words she can use her chi to heal herself if she is injured. Yet, depending on the injury it make take more or less chi. It is the same as when she is healing someone else. Depending on how much she uses depends on how much energy is zapped from her body. She has to have contact with that person though in order to heal them.)

7. Enhanced Senses: Elisea has unusually keen eyesight. She can even focus her hearing so intensely that she can hear sweat rolling down someones face. ( Enhanced Hearing: Ears pick up every single sound, and can decipher layer upon layer of noise; has the ability to pick up a conversation from a mile away in a busy city. May even mutate into Echolocation. Enhanced Smell: Users can detect specific smells, and locate their origin. Some may even be able to tell if some one is lying by which hormones they excrete. Enhanced Taste: Users may be able to detect poisons or other problems, Usually accompanies enhanced smell.Enhanced Touch: Some can feel so acutely that to rub the users hand on a paper would be like reading the page, sensing every bump ripple or wave. Some may even be able to tell of distant occurrences felt through vibrations in the earth. Enhanced Vision: Can see with amazing clarity, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into other dimensions.)

8. Indomitable Will: The full power of chi can be unleashed through sheer force of will. (The user has unnaturally strong willpower, enabling them to be immune to all forms of temptation including Subordination Manipulation, Telepathy, Mind Control and Subliminal Seduction. Through their will the user can face great physical pain and psychological trauma and will refuse to surrender no matter how much the odds are stacked against them, possibly up to the point of cheating death and pushing themselves past their own limitations.)

9. Spiritual Meditation: Meditate to obtain absolute focus in order to fully manifest one's chi. (Users of this spiritual practice are able to be at one with their spiritual essence as well their mind. They are able to develop a high level consciousness over bodily processes, as well reduce stress and pain on the body. One is also able to detach oneself from worldly concerns, achieve spiritual enlightenment, and gain control of all of their abilities.)

Weaknesses:

1. PurityLife-Force Beam Emission: She is only able to incinerate parts of an object. She is also limited to organic/inorganic materials. It can take time to completely incinerate an object, depending on size, density and properties. She is useless against those who have Ash Resurrection, unless incineration is strong enough to leave behind nothing, not even ashes. Her abilities may be involuntary. Full deconstruction may take a long time. Ability may only work to destroy, making reassembly difficult or impossible. She requires concentration and focus to properly aim. Ambient Resource Construction can reverse the effects on inorganic objects.

2. Life-Force Ball Projection: Using too much life force may cause her to become exhausted, wounded, or die. Firing may be an involuntary reaction, or released in constant stream. She may be overcharged/wounded if too much energy is used at once. Elisea needs control to avoid unnecessary destruction.

3. Life-Force Blade Construction: May require concentration in order to create the blade. Putting too much spiritual energy into the blade may drain her. How long the blade lasts depends on her skill and power. Some may need near constant attention while others are effectively permanent.

4. Force Field Generation: She is limited on the size/shape/time barriers she can take. She is not  able to maintain barriers under stress. Attack on barriers may cause equivalent damage to her mind and body. May require concentration. Some targets may not be held in or contained by barriers. Some targets may be immune to barriers restrictions. Airtight barriers may cause asphyxiation from prolonged use.

5. Mind Meld: Psychic Shield is the perfect counter. She is limited to physical contact.

6. Chi Enhanced Healing: Elisea is limited to healing only certain types of wounds and diseases. She can't raise the dead, however reviving people if they have very recently died is possible. Her chi is useless against Irreversible Destruction. She needs direct body-to-body contact to heal others.

7. Enhanced Senses: Overloading may be a frequent occurrence. Magic may cause interference. Drugs or other means can negate or remove these senses unless they are reversible.

8. Indomitable Will: She could get carried away if not careful and have her will and spirit diminished by doubt. In certain shocking situations, she can have her will and spirit broken.

9. Spiritual Meditation:  For this she needs absolute concentration. She is vulnerable to both physical and spiritual influences during this time.

Do you have any special abilities that are not caused by mutant powers? No

Personality: Strong willed. Determined. Bullheaded. Soft. Kind. Gentle. Loving. Caring. Strong. 

Elisea can be a loving and caring soul but know she is not a push over and no one's doormat. She loves life and she loves adventure. Traveling is one of her passions and she is most at peace when she is near the water where she can swim or watch nature at it's best.

Very flirtatious. Especially, around men or women she is very attracted to. Elisea sometimes says what's on her mind....which some people see as being rude or to forward or blunt. She has an insatiable appetite for life, love, and sex.

Even though Elisea is delicate in looks she is quite powerful when it comes to her powers. She still has a lot to learn and she is nowhere near her full potential but she is a force to be rechoned with in and out of battle.

When she has her mind set on something it is hard to get her to change her mind. In that way she is quite determined strong willed and bullheaded. Still, she can see reason and is willing to listen and work with others to come to a more "peaceful" solution.

Hobbies: Music. Spending time in the garden. Spending time near the beach and ocean. Traveling. Painting. Cooking. Baking.

History:  Not much is known about Elisea. It is as if she were "dropped" out of the sky and left at the door step of Elisabeth and James Grace...two wealthy, young attorneys who were looking forward to spending their first few years as newlyweds, instead of taking care of a child that was not their own.

Still, unable to just shun the strange yet beautiful baby, they took her in and took care of her, while looking for evidence of her parents, only to find nothing over a two to three year span. Deciding on raising her as their own instead of wasting anymore time searching for parents that didn't seem to exist, they legally adopted her and gave the little girl their last name.

Raising, Elisea as their own they sent her to the best private schools and colleges in Florida. Having as much of a normal childhood as possible, despite remarks about her looks from "human" people, she grew up to be a well rounded woman who  turned out to be a school teacher to a bunch of preschoolers.

Note: Know that even though she is quite powerful, she is nowhere near her full potential.

AribethAmkiir

Irishfire87

Please further explain powers #1, 2, 4 and 6.  Explaining the extent/strength of abilities.  It would also be nice to see how often you can use the abilities and if there are any weaknesses to them.  All I can picture are repeated Kamehamehas and spirit bombs from DBZ

TamaRose

Quote from: Irishfire87 on January 23, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
Please further explain powers #1, 2, 4 and 6.  Explaining the extent/strength of abilities.  It would also be nice to see how often you can use the abilities and if there are any weaknesses to them.  All I can picture are repeated Kamehamehas and spirit bombs from DBZ

Don't worry. No DBZ here. It will take me a little since I am catching up on some other group posts but I will have it done for you. I will get the weaknesses as well. I was going to put them to begin with but you didn't ask for thjem so I didn't put them. Now I wish I would have. :-[

TamaRose

I went back and did my best to explain EACH power better...PLUS I added a weakness for each one of her powers. I will go over it again tomorrow when I am not so tired and make sure I have everything perfect before posting it for everyone to see.

I do have to say that at first I didn't mind doing this because I figured it would let everyone know my character better but as I spent a longer period of time on the her, the more upset I became because I gave you what was asked for and then I was made to go back and do more. Out of both of my characters I gave you more information then anyone else.

Now, I am not trying to make anyone feel bad. I am just saying that I don't think it was fair for me to have to go back and add more when everyone else was simply accepted.

Also, I do not watch DBZ. Yes, I have heard of it but have never watched it. To be honest I am quite specific about what Anime's I watch and that is not one of them. So, to be compared to DBZ when I have no clue what they even do is a little unfair. If anything a lot of my powers were based on Iron Fist....and I didn't even take half of the powers he had and put them on my list.

I am sorry if I upset anyone but that was not my intention. I am just a little annoyed because I went back and spent an extra 2-3 hours so everyone would understand her powers better when no one else was asked to do the same with their characters.

Irishfire87

My apologies for upsetting you.  While it is true that there has only really been one other person that I have asked to further explain abilities and it is also true that you give more information than most, I asked for you to expand upon the abilities because your character, like Motoko has the longest list of abilities.

To be honest, though I am a fan of the Marvel universe I know very little about Iron Fist, in fact he is probably one of the ones I know the least about.  When you were mentioning one of the abilities as having the effect of 'Mass-Destruction to large areas'  I got worried about the extent of the ability as that sounds like it could entirely level either of the two team's bases.  I didn't know it would cause so much work on your end nor did I intend it to. 

I was just trying to make sure that you were not going to make a character that could repeatedly destroy large areas.  I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do that, but not having RPed with you much I don't know that to be a fact.

TamaRose

Quote from: Irishfire87 on January 24, 2014, 09:20:02 AM
My apologies for upsetting you.  While it is true that there has only really been one other person that I have asked to further explain abilities and it is also true that you give more information than most, I asked for you to expand upon the abilities because your character, like Motoko has the longest list of abilities.

To be honest, though I am a fan of the Marvel universe I know very little about Iron Fist, in fact he is probably one of the ones I know the least about.  When you were mentioning one of the abilities as having the effect of 'Mass-Destruction to large areas'  I got worried about the extent of the ability as that sounds like it could entirely level either of the two team's bases.  I didn't know it would cause so much work on your end nor did I intend it to. 

I was just trying to make sure that you were not going to make a character that could repeatedly destroy large areas.  I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do that, but not having RPed with you much I don't know that to be a fact.

That's fine and I totally understand. Like I said I didn't want anyone to be upset with what I said. It's just how I felt. I just hope when I get everything tweaked later on that it helps everyone to understand her a little more. Also, even though she is quit powerful...she is nowhere near Iron Fist's level. So, she still has A LOT of training to accomplish and learn. Besides, it's no fun for me when they are so powerful they can kill everyone in their path. I like at least a good equal fight or one where she has to work a little harder.

Anyway, it's fine. It's cool and I will get it up later. I have an appointment early this afternoon so I can't go over everything right now...but I will do it later. No hard feelings and no ditch against DBZ or their fans fans. I just never watched the show.  ;D

TamaRose

If I screwed anything up let me know and I will go back and fix it!