Question2.Interaction

Started by Tyra Wadman, January 10, 2010, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyra Wadman

Alright, it's about being approved.

One section stated that you not only had to start a conversation, but hold one... But what happens if you can't find one of interest? Or even a Role Play? I know I could easily start one off, but I'm usually never successful with anything I post. I can't think of good/popular/eyecatching topics. The only current ideas I've got is adult content, so alas I must wait for the results.

If I'm lucky enough, does the little chat IM thing at the top of the page count? ^^'

Oniya

Interactions within your intro thread (i.e., answering the questions/prompts from people) and the Doormat thread are considered, as is participation in the General Topics (which range through just about every subject imaginable).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

consortium11

Quote from: Tyra Wadman on January 10, 2010, 05:08:16 PM
Alright, it's about being approved.

One section stated that you not only had to start a conversation, but hold one... But what happens if you can't find one of interest? Or even a Role Play? I know I could easily start one off, but I'm usually never successful with anything I post. I can't think of good/popular/eyecatching topics. The only current ideas I've got is adult content, so alas I must wait for the results.

If I'm lucky enough, does the little chat IM thing at the top of the page count? ^^'

As I read it (and as it was for me) the conversation thing isn't a hard and fast rule... the staff aren't looking for you to start an epic topic with 100 replies and thousands of views. Rather it's just saying that they want to see you interact with others and that you're (relatively) active. As Oniya says, as long as you reply to questions/posts in your introduction thread you should be fine.

Trieste

Please to holding off 'epic' until approval staff doesn't have to read every word you say kthx. >.>

Cecilia

Quote from: Tyra Wadman on January 10, 2010, 05:08:16 PM
does the little chat IM thing at the top of the page count? ^^'

That is called the "Shout Box," and you are welcome to join in conversations there while waiting for approval.  However, there is no need or requirement that you spend time there at all.  I don't think I posted in the Shout Box until I'd been a member for a month or so.