Love. War. Giant Robots.

Started by Hunter, April 05, 2007, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

*jumps up and down*  I've got an idea!  *jumps up and down some more*

It is the near future.  Mankind has moved to explore the planets of the solar system.  Colonies have been established on the Moon, on Mars, and on Jupiter's moon of Io.  Mining takes place in the hostile atomspheres of Venus and Mercury for valuable materials to support mankind's insatible lusts.  National identities have been replaced by interplanetary ones, and mankind's first manned interstellar exploration has been gone for roughly ten years.

You are members of the Interplanetary Defense Force (the IDF), assigned to the Space Battleship Kimono.  The IDF's flagship and pride of the fleet.   Armed with an impressive array of weapons as well as bipedal mechanized war machines, it stands as a beacon in the defense of mankind.

Note: Think Martian Successor Nadesco crossed with Gundam.
Actually, this should be in players wanted because I'm willing to run it.  We'll need pretty much every position there is, including the captain (who I'd ideally like to be female).  So...who's interested?

Brittlby

I'll join. All positions open? Then I shall sign up for head of janitorial maintenance!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

King_Furby

Reminds me of Robotech and Battlestar, i am interested i would consider joining. put me on the maybe list.

So Love, war, giant robots..who can resist giant robots.

I like the idea cause its very open to all sorts of sci-fi concepts.

Hunter

So....I've got a yes and a maybe.  I'll be playing a pilot myself (not chief pilot, though).

King_Furby

i got some ideas that i am working on to see if i can come up with a char before saying yes. But i am leaning toward pilot, might be easier to make a char like that.

belsammael

oooh, sounds like Super Robot Wars.. and I like it. never could resist giants robots, so i think i'm in :)

kylie

Kimono?!

Yes they're nice.  But, but... 

Heh.

Hunter

Quote from: kylie on April 05, 2007, 11:57:30 PM
Kimono?!

Yes they're nice.  But, but... 

Heh.

Sooo....that's a yes?  ;)

Vandren

I'd be interested.  Always up for trying out some interesting SF.  :)

Probably a pilot of some sort, though I don't think I'm on often enough to fill a CAG-type position.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Hunter

MadPanda

Tempting.  Very tempting.  I contemplate in your general direction.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Hunter

I know there's more of you out there that are interested.
I can hear you snoring.   :P

belsammael

hmm still pondering... i'm leaning towards pilot but there's a lot of them already :P - then again... -hmm... XO? or some cooky odd engineer? Ah... i'll continue to ponder... am filling out the char signup sheet at least... -favorite color? ;)

Hunter

Actually, I'll probably play the security head dude.

Seereous

Ah hell!  I'm a sucker for giant robots.  Count me in.

Hunter

Yah!  We've gotten started.
Please join us.   8)

Hunter

I hate to do a bump but we've just gotten started and there's plenty of room for anyone who's interested (or even just thinking about it) in joining.