Halo RP Interest Probe

Started by RabbitJanitor, April 12, 2013, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabbitJanitor

Before I start a big wright up, I would like to see how many people would be interested in a Halo RP. Hopefully we can get four or five people going on this. Frelance will be Co-DMing this with me, so when I'm out of ideas he'll jump in. It also alleviates some creative pressure off me, and keeps it simple if we want to split the group up.

My Story ideas so far are a jumble. One that I'm particularly attached to at the moment involves a group of Spartan 4s that are working in tandem with an ONI research team. They're tasked with surveying and clearing a surviving piece of the ark that was thrown clear of the explosion, and is now in close orbit around a large sun. I'm thinking of having a rouge element to one of my plot drivers, some conflict with the Ark's defenses itself, and have ONI have a hidden Agenda as always.

I'm open for suggestions.

Frelance

I am just posting to confirm my position in this. Hope to find some interest for this.
Evolution is an arms race

ShadowFox89

Posting my interest for a Spartan IV engineering and demolitions expert.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

I am tentatively interested. However, while I am familiar with the setting of Halo, and the general storyline of the mythos, I'm not all that familiar with the difference in Spartan programs.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Frelance

Thank you both for your interest. Between RabbitJanitor and myself we should be able to explain the differences between the spartan programs. I will post here again once we have that information in the first or second post of the thread.

ShadowFox89

The Halo Wiki is your friend: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-IV_Program

And I found this, http://veegie.com/Vanity/ , and am going to try it out.

My suggestion for a game is to have it set where the canon of Halo won't touch it too much. Maybe we encounter some aliens that aren't part of the Covenant. Maybe we find a breakoff group from them. Either way, it keeps you guys from having to worry too much about bumping into canon.

Potential character image:

Edit: Alternatively:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

Ah, whoops. For some reason, I got the program name mixed up with the armor name. I'm a bit familiar with the Spartan 4 program.

RabbitJanitor

Wonderful! People are Interested and I am happy for that.

That Vanity program could be useful. I always liked the look of the Reach armor sets over the other ones, gave it more of a grittier worked in feel to all of it. I'm not too picky over what armor sets you want to use, My main plot driver will be using the spartan armor. If you do have the game using screen shots of an armor set you've built great. If not, contact me and we can organize something and I can hop on mine and get a picture. Unfortunately My Xbox is elsewhere for the weekend, so I cant do it now.

This Image is actually from the Beta. Strangely I don't have any from the full game.

I completely agree with staying away from canon. I was thinking of bringing 343 Guilty Spark into the story at some point.

Carlissa

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I have limited knowledge on the Halo Universe (Only playing the core Halo games), and I stopped playing Spartan Ops  a few months ago when I moved and lost internet connection for my Xbox (I have the old white one and have to use a cable to get internet, and my Xbox cant reach the motem...). I hope this isnt a problem, since I've been interested in playing a Halo RP for some time.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Shouldn't be a problem Carlissa, I've read none of the books/comics and have only played 1/2/3/Reach.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chreestafer

i tried to do a halo rp abit ago so i definitly am interested :)

i also have ideas towards a plot line if interested :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Frelance

@ Carlissa: Thats fine all information you need will be given and if you have questions just ask and we will answer them.

@ Chreestafer: Feel free to post your ideas or send to RabbitJanitor and myself in a pm if you would prefer.

ShadowFox89

I'm gonna wait to see what sort of character creation guidelines and such are set up....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RabbitJanitor

Character guide lines: For those of you that are not completely into the Lore, the first spartan programs pulled candidates from a pool of genetically selected seven to ten year old kids, kidnapped them and then trained them from there. The Spartan 4s were the first that didn't have to steal children from families, so having a prior military history should be filled out. It doesn't need to be really detailed, maybe mention the character's bit of training, and a battle they were in that pushed them to apply for the S4 program (7 years of training). You're also working for ONI, so you've gotta have something exceptional in your history.

Spartan Specialization : Over all your Spartan is a well rounded soldiers, but they do have two 'specializations'. These are extra training like 'Demolitions Expert' or 'Technical Genius' that your spartan in known for. (Usually their armor reflects their Specializations.)

For Appearances, you can use the Vanity program that was previously posted by ShadowFox, Or if you want you can look through some of the armor variants for the S4s and contact me and I can fix you up a photo.

For Equipment, Hit the Wiki and have at her, UNSC or Covenant. No Forerunner tech though.

For Ranks, keep it between high Corporals, Sergeants and Warrant Officers. No officer ranks, no ones that cool yet.

I'll have a character example up later tonight after I get my classes done.

CS-
Name:
Spartan Specializations:
Equipment and Tech:
Appearance and Armor:
History:

ShadowFox89

Name: Katherine "Tops or Kat" Vasilyev
Sex: Female
Spartan Specializations: Engineering, demolitions, and hacking. Former ODST.
Equipment and Tech: Demo charges, DMR rifle, combat knife, pistol, TACPAD
Appearance and Armor:
History: Kat enlisted in the USNC at age 17 in 2544. Kat signed up immediately for demolitions and engineering training, and found her training being put to use sooner than later. She first saw action at the Battle of Sargasso in the year 2446, assisting in taking out bridges while Covenant forces were moving over them. Kat was promoted after the battle to corporal and signed up for the Navy Special Weapons division. She went through several more months of harsh training and was redeployed across the galaxy, spending the next two years in some of the heavier combat situations. In 2549, Kat signed up for the ODST, spending several months in training before being immediately deployed to Paris IV.

Kat saw her first action as an ODST by hot dropping into the city. Further action took her across the front of the war, where Kat was promoted to Master Sargent. When the war finally ended, Kat immediately signed on again to fight the remnants of the Covenant Loyalists, putting her hard earned talents in explosives to use. When she was informed about the Spartan-IV program, she jumped at the chance to prove herself further. After the augmentation process, Kat was stationed at Cairo station, much to her chagrin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

I am interested in a halo RP but I don't like spartans that much. I would rather use a elite if that is OK. Being the timeline is after halo 3 and maybe shortly before halo 4, UNSC should have a alliance with the elites because of the events in halo 3 with the arbiter. I was about to do a interest check my self on a covenant RP with a elite I wrote up in my free time that has a custom armor and a energy halberd. I will post info on my character idea and the planet he lived on when I get back from work. And I do know that the pic I am using for him is a arbiter design for halo wars but I was going to say his planet was where the arbiters armor was made so they have similiar designs for their militarys armor.
Here is the pic I was going to use

"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

ShadowFox89

Isn't the Arbiter armor horribly out of date?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaladinZenaku

The arbiters armor is very old while the smiths of the planet I come from makes new upgraded versions of it. Basicly my armor is a new armor with a classic look.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

RabbitJanitor

I wasn't really looking for an Elite, but I'd be open to bring in that character, but I'm not a big fan of the armor. I'm alright with the background and such, I'm just not to sure about the energy Helbred and how it looks like his armor could almost be something from WarHammer. It's down right cool, but not what we're looking for.

ShadowFox89

Well, it's an artist rendering rather than a CGI. It's going to look a helluva lot fancier than if it were in game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

thebobmaster

Character
Name: Aileen Domovai
Sex: Female
Spartan Specializations: CQC Expert, Pistol Marksman, Evade armor module
Equipment and Tech: M6D Magnum, Combat Knife
Appearance and Armor:

History: Joined the UNSC at the age of 16, lying about her age in order to do so. After 7 years in the service, the now 23 year old Sergeant Domovai came across a seige on a bunker by multiple hostiles while on patrol. Taking out two hostiles with CQC (one of the hostiles being killed by his own knife getting turned on him, Corporal Domovai used one of the dead hostiles as a shield, drawing her sidearm and eliminated all but one of the other hostiles, who surrendered. Despite being wounded in her non-dominant shoulder by gunfire, Corporal Domovai took the hostage to the bunker, then insisted on seeking medical attention for the survivors before allowing herself to be treated by medics. Several months after the incident, shortly after recovering from her injury, Corporal Domovai accepted the offer to be entered into the Spartan 4 program.

Carlissa

My profile is almost done. I'll send it to Rabit once it's completed for analysis. But before then, I have a question.

QuoteIt doesn't need to be really detailed, maybe mention the character's bit of training, and a battle they were in that pushed them to apply for the S4 program (7 years of training).

In this quote, are you saying that the Spartan IV program itself is 7 years of training, or that you need 7 years of training/military experience to be in the Spartan IV program? Because I was under the impression that the Spartan IV program just used augmentations and other performance boosting... things to allow the participants to use the MJOLNIR armor. If I remember correctly, Spartan Thorne from Spartan Ops said he joined the Spartan IV program after the New Pheonix incident, which was 6 months before that point in time.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

RabbitJanitor

Wow, you were paying more attention then I was. Yea, Ill say 7 years of military service, prior and after you got in on the program. That way we don't have anyone who's too green.

ShadowFox89

Well, I plan on my character being a Spartan-II who took the chance for upgraded armor.... Either that, or a former ODST.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Okey dokey. And there's actually another thing that I wanted to bring up.

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on April 15, 2013, 08:37:26 AM
Character guide lines: For those of you that are not completely into the Lore, the first spartan programs pulled candidates from a pool of genetically selected seven to ten year old kids, kidnapped them and then trained them from there. The Spartan 4s were the first that didn't have to steal children from families, so having a prior military history should be filled out.

When you say "first spartan programs", I'm presuming you are referring to the Spartan II program, correct? Because in actuality, they weren't the first spartans (although they were the first spartans to widely use the MJOLNIR armor, I believe). There was also the Orion Project, which produced the Spartan I's. The Orion Project used volunteer soldiers from the Marine Corps and implanted them with (primitive) physical enhancing... things. Sergeant Johnson was a Spartan-I, I believe.