BESM 4th Edition

Started by Malkavian, April 23, 2020, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 02, 2020, 05:21:46 PM
Cool, Also let me  apologize if  it came off as i was asking as i wanted  those elements. I was   merely trying to wrap my  head  around the  nature of the world and how  things  operate in it. Where as a society for the   game world is with the  arrival  of supers. are  people  split on   how the react supers(love fear hate indifferent).  More over I   watch  so many different types of super hero related  content, I am just trying to  get a clear  vision of   of  the world nd  the type of story we want to tell so i can bring a  character to mesh with that.

Been in the ER for a while, trying to get into the swing of things.

I'm in the "world is all of our oyster" camp in that those things are up for mutual decision. It does make sense that a society well under 20 years after an event may not have adjusted to it, and there still may not be much in the way of trust in people who are supers. Hell, a third of America isn't particularly well adjusted to the idea that slavery is dead.*

For all I know there could be absolutely no organization to it at all, there's good and bad people, let alone good or bad Supers. Maybe neither has an organization, but is a tenuous group of people who wanna hang and do similarly minded supers stuff.

*Not related to the game, just a musing on how long it takes to adjust to things. Also, sorry for bringing up politics. Any potential for social commentary in the game may occur but is not deliberate... probably
Another sidenote, I got the Firearms guide and the optional rules guide,
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Knarfy

Hope everything was/is ok! D:

For the game, I'm definitely up for talking out any and all setting stuff. I'm pretty flexible and I enjoy the process quite a bit. Maybe too much...  :-X
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Marie Reynolds

Steel Hope you are well take care and get any further rest you need.

Muse

Ditto! 

I'm still here, and the current ideas are quite interesting to me.  I was going to ask what you thought of the Anime Multiverse from older editions, but it sounds like you've got something else going

Knarfy, would playing another bunny girl be stealing your thunder or adding to your glory?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

steelsmiter

Quote from: Muse on August 06, 2020, 09:33:44 PM
Ditto! 

I'm still here, and the current ideas are quite interesting to me.  I was going to ask what you thought of the Anime Multiverse from older editions,
I have about as much knowledge of the multiverse from 3 and 4e as you'd get from the blurbs on a DVD devoted to each dimension.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Knarfy

Quote from: Muse on August 06, 2020, 09:33:44 PM
Knarfy, would playing another bunny girl be stealing your thunder or adding to your glory?  :)

The more the better :D
My O/O thread
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Marie Reynolds

Their is talk of a sourcebook for the Multiverse but It has not been produced yet from what I can find. So we have the  details they give us in the new edition, I have not sat down and compared the differences if any in the multiverse  information yet. I would also like to know if we are using the  Multiverse info cause sometimes I get a craving for supernatural involved Heroes  Like Constantine or Zatanna for  examples.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 07, 2020, 09:25:18 AM
Their is talk of a sourcebook for the Multiverse but It has not been produced yet from what I can find. So we have the  details they give us in the new edition, I have not sat down and compared the differences if any in the multiverse  information yet. I would also like to know if we are using the  Multiverse info cause sometimes I get a craving for supernatural involved Heroes  Like Constantine or Zatanna for  examples.
The limiter for what heroes are created is more likely going to be points than imagination (also I don't want characters that are canon to sources outside BESM). It's a 75 point Adventurer Benchmark game.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Knarfy

Yea, while I think it could be fun to have a more... 'focused' theme of heroes (like, all heroes are super-science or tech powered) I would only want to make a limitation like that canon AFTER everyone made characters that happened to fit into a theme like that.

I think the vague 'quantum weirdness' justification can easily stretch to cover pretty much anything. While I am in favor of kind of establishing some general rules on how it works and what kinds of things are possible (or at least understood to be possible in setting), I also favor doing that post-facto, to make the rules fit the characters rather than the opposite.
My O/O thread

Knarfy

Ya know, SPEAKING of which...

What kind of characters are people thinking of so far? Just in general terms really.

Also are there any kinds of characters people might wanna play opposite?

Obviously it's still early, but I'm trying to brainstorm up some good starting points so I'll be in a better spot to whip something up once we're ready. :)
My O/O thread

Muse

Something that bounced around in my mind was a bunny girl tech genius with lots of gadets, sexy power armor, and natural abiltiy in incredible jumping.  (and maybe telescopic hearing.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Knarfy

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I'm kind of starting to gravitate towards an electricity hero of some kind. :3
My O/O thread

Muse

oh.  :)  Electricity powers are awesome, Knarfy.  :)

Knarfy

So since we have at least 2, 3? People gravitating towards girls of the long fluffy-eared variety, I've been batting around ideas for why that variety might be so prevalent in the world of this game, and what the race template might look like.

Sooo, what if one of the early events of the quantum ripple or whatever was like... a (primarily) sexually transmitted bunny-girl plague that metamorphized anyone who caught it into a nymphomaniac bunny girl over a few days or a week or so, and is transmitted through bodily fluids and stuff.

So early on, it's kind of an epidemic, since it's not well understood and also everything is crazy, and the bunnies are very sexually aggressive/open, and also pretty hot. Once things get figured out, they start getting detained and isolated, and while no one manages to figure out an actual cure, they do manage to figure out a treatment that makes the bunnies non-contagious, and restores their faculties.

So at present there's a moderately large population of bunnies (several millions at least), but all or at least almost all of them have been treated and are living mostly normal lives. As far as anybody knows, the only remaining untreated ones are all quarantined awaiting treatment. There are of course rumor's that there are still contagious bunnies still out there, true or not, and bunnies, or Usagijin, or whatever they're actually called, suffer some minor prejudice as a result.

I made a template for a treated and untreated Usagijin along with the supposed virus for funsies. Obviously this is just an idea/suggestion for discussion. :3

Treated Usagijin are generally physically healthy and attractive. They tend to have powerfully muscled legs that allow them to run quickly, jump great distances, and kick extraordinarily hard. They have excellent senses of smell and hearing. They do suffer some moderate prejudice as a result of their origin, but this is mitigated by their apparent (but as of yet scientifically unconfirmed) luck, and almost universal physical attractiveness.
Usagijin, Treated - 10 points
Body +1                                                 2
Combat Technique 2 (Lighting Reflexes 1, Brutal Kicks)  2
Features 1 (Cute and/or Sexy)                           1
Heightened Senses 2 (Hearing, Scent)                    2
Mulligan                                                2
Special Movement 2 (Fast, Wall Bouncing)                2
Jumping 1                                               1

Defects   
Ism                                                    -2

Untreated, or 'wild' Usagijin are completely illegal in every part of the world. While there are no inherent physical differences between a treated and wild Usagijin, the untreated are easily discerned by their behavior. Wild Usagijin experience a constant state of nymphomania that greatly impacts their mental faculties, and are largely incapable of thinking about much other than pursuing new sexual partners and engaging in sexual behaviors.

The Usagi virus is transmitted via bodily fluids and has an incubation period of 3-7 days. It is highly contagious. The use of prophylactics can limit the exposure, but this is more likely to provide a foolhardy pleasure-seeker a false sense of security than actually prevent infection.

Strangely, wild Usagijin seem completely uninterested in partners much under the age of 20, and while children infected (Exclusively through secondary vectors. Beware the splash-zone) do undergo metamorphosis and can spread the virus, they do not experience the mental and psychological effects of the virus until they get older. Because of the limited number of younger Usagijin and the relatively brief period before the development of the treatment, there isn't much data on this particular phenomenon. The earliest a young Usagijin 'grew into' the full symptoms was at the age of 18 years and 4 months.  (BECAUSE REASONS  >:()

Usagijin, Untreated - 10 points
Body +1                                                 2
Combat Technique 2 (Lighting Reflexes 1, Brutal Kicks)  2
Features 1 (Cute and/or Sexy)                           1
Heightened Senses 2 (Hearing, Scent)                    2
Mulligan                                                1
Special Movement 2 (Fast, Wall Bouncing)                2
Jumping 1                                               1

Defects   
Easily distracted(new adult sexual partners)           -3
Marked                                                 -3
Mind Shortcoming (Reason)                              -3
Wanted                                                 -6

The Usagi Virus
Any Human exposed to an Usagijin's bodily fluids must make a Body or Soul (whichever is higher) check with a major obstacle against a target number of 14. Normal medical PPE can protect against incidental exposure. During sexual activity with an Usagijin, a Human must test to resist as above every round until they are either infected or have succeeded three times. If they are able to resist three times, they become immune to being infected by that particular Usagijin for a day. If practicing safe sex (using condoms and ect.) a Human must only test once each minute starting after the first minute of activity.

Metamorphosis lvl 7 (effective level 2)                14
  Permanent Duration  (-10 Levels) - Once you change, it's forever   
  Potent 2            ( -2 Levels) - It's crazy contagious.
  Toxic 2             ( +2 levels) - It only affects living things, and condoms and stuff work. Kinda.
  Exclusive to Humans ( +1 Level ) - It only affects Humans.
  Delay 3             ( +3 Levels) - The virus takes 3-7 days to take effect, and can possibly be counteracted in during that time.
  Permanent           ( +1 Level ) - Untreated Usagijin are always contaigious. They can't turn it off.
My O/O thread

AndyZ

I love bunny girls ^_^ Admittedly haven’t been watching this that closely.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Marie Reynolds

That is a pretty good Idea Knarfy,

Xyconal was  used  for improving  Neomorphs on Imago, It functioned like setroids and  if people used  it could cause mutations and if  used close  to inception  it  could cause those  born to develop mutations aka create a  bunny girl.                                                                                                                                                                          it could have even slipped  here from Imago due to someone who being tested on or abused Xyconal  and   for  various reasons escaping the ones testing on  him or her  and  if abusing  the drug, during their escape or for the abuser  just  during the  life the stumbled onto a gate and  got taking to earth. This does  not need  to be anyone's  character just a possible explanation of patient zero.

Muse

Marie we've been talking about an event 8 years ago where a science experiment producing subatomic particles triggered empowering mutations across the world.   The bunnies would have been one of them. 

And since the bunnies don't kick into nymphomania 'til 20, I can play a girl who's 21 now, but is sexually inexperienced because she was 17 when she received the treatment. 

Marie Reynolds

Steel i merely referenced John and Zatana As examples of archetypes i was  thinking about not making carbon  copies.

Knarfy

Quote from: Muse on August 09, 2020, 08:57:57 AM
Marie we've been talking about an event 8 years ago where a science experiment producing subatomic particles triggered empowering mutations across the world.   The bunnies would have been one of them. 
True, though I do actually like the idea of 'patient zero' being the result of some kind of super-science gone wrong, or even better, gone right. What if the bunny plague was the first really global super-villain style threat? Someone spreading it deliberately would justify it being more widespread, since there could have been multiple patient zeroes. And maybe the treatment was actually based on something the villain did or built into the bunnies to make them more controllable so they could use them as minions. And that plays into the 'ism that they experience, since they're historically the minions of the first true super-villain.

And since the bunnies don't kick into nymphomania 'til 20, I can play a girl who's 21 now, but is sexually inexperienced because she was 17 when she received the treatment.

Yes! When I was working it all out, it occurred to me that it sort of forced characters to be both sexually experienced, and that any character younger than at least their mid-twenties would inherently suggest not-good things. And that was no good.

So I just wrote that right out!

I figure the plague started maybe one or two years after the Event, and was pretty rampant for a year or two, then was controlled but problematic for another year or two until the treatment was developed/widely applied. So 'safe' bunnies have been integrated into the general population for 2-3 years or something like that.

Assuming we go with this idea anyway :3
My O/O thread

steelsmiter

Quote from: Knarfy on August 09, 2020, 02:05:41 AM
So since we have at least 2, 3? People gravitating towards girls of the long fluffy-eared variety, I've been batting around ideas for why that variety might be so prevalent in the world of this game, and what the race template might look like.

Sooo, what if one of the early events of the quantum ripple or whatever was like... a (primarily) sexually transmitted bunny-girl plague that metamorphized anyone who caught it into a nymphomaniac bunny girl over a few days or a week or so
This worries me, it kind of takes away agency. What if people just want to be nymphomaniac humans, or nymphomaniac tentacle girls, or some such?

On the other hand it'll give me impetus to kludge away that 4th edition sexy conversion I've been working on.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Knarfy

I mean, all of those things can still exist too.

Like, even at it's worst I don't think there would be more than like... a few hundred million Usagijin world wide? And even that's probably high. So the majority of the population is sill unaffected and either regular humans or some other totally unrelated weird thing.

And even for those that are infected, there could be plenty of room for like, weird cases of partial metamorphosis, or partially effective treatments, or different strains doing different things.

So while it's theoretically a big thing that happened, not every character has to revolve around it at all. :3
My O/O thread

steelsmiter

As optimistic as that virus is, the whole virus thing kind of weirds me out a little bit and is a little bit on the nose. I mean it is fitting for a supervillain plot, it's just... games are about escapism, and I don't feel like I'm escaping if there's this crazy disease that has affected a few hundred million people irrevocably, ya know?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

On the other hand, I'm totally down for a few hundred million perverts having been told about a small corporation that can turn you into the character you've always wanted to cosplay with an otherwise harmless injection, and that company is now a megacorp, I'm cool ;D
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Marie Reynolds

Besides their is a trait that could protect someone from it and their are  traits that can heal it depending on if it was a spiritual or  physical affliction.

Also my work has bared fruition, I have managed to put together a powered down version of the skeleton key  template that could be played at 75 points and have skills and powers! Also have Body Mind and Soul at 4!

steelsmiter

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 09, 2020, 01:51:27 PM
Besides their is a trait that could protect someone from it and their are  traits that can heal it depending on if it was a spiritual or  physical affliction.
As written, that can only occur within the first 3-7 days.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os