Legend of Saffron Stronghold Reboot [Suite Owners Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 13, 2013, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Persephone made her way to the dining hall, feeling like a huge weight rested upon her shoulders. She just hoped there would be no tie for the next vote. She hated making decisions like that...

The lady was shocked to find that Lisar, her good friend, had not made it through the night. "Oh, Lisar!" She exclaimed sadly.

"I still don't know where your allegiances lie, James." Persephone stated. "You were cooperative for a while, then you stopped talking to me. And Lisar said the same thing. Then, you made a desperate plea to us to not vote out Trieste; who turned out to be one of those blood suckers... I can't help but wonder..."

She trailed off, letting her suspicions linger for the rest of the group to come to their own conclusions.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Tharic

As he walked out in the morning and realized lisar was gone, Tharic sighed as his shoulders dropped visibly. His right hand raised and covered his face for a moment as he gathered himself.

A long, deep breath passed through his lips. 'It's time we end this. James Moriarty. You, sir, are the cause behind this madness!"

James Moriarty

Ah, hmm.  Let's see now.  Sibling, Sibling, and then a total of 4 innocents.  Vote out an innocent and it's 2-3, bite an innocent and then it's 2-2, and I suppose that means the Siblings win.

So, I vote for Valerian, and encourage the remaining innocent specials to do the same.  It will be our last chance not to lose, I suspect.  Persephone, you would appear to be the Innocent Sibling after all, and I tip my hat to you for keeping that from me for so long.

Tharic -- you're being manipulated, again..., by forces that are not in your best interest (at least in the game... ;D)...

Starlequin

"Is that feeble ploy the best you can manage now, James? Accusing Persephone of villainy, when we already know she has been working with us to end this nightmare -- or did you forget we have her to thank for destroying Mr Bigglesworth?" Star muttered, glancing around the room for anything he could grab and whittle into a suitable stake.

"As for Valerian... she could be the last vampire, but I for one will never believe it until I see it with my own eyes. She and Persephone have proven the only genuinely trustworthy souls I've encountered in this ordeal. I've even heard our own doctor actually worked hand in hand for a time with the foul creatures that have been feeding on our ranks, though I can't imagine what could have enticed him into such dark dealings."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Valerian

Val wasn't sure which was more surprising -- being accused herself, or hearing persephone being accused in almost the same breath.  "It's difficult to know who to trust even now, but I would have thought persephone was the one person we could all agree was truly innocent," she said, bewildered.  "I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, James, but I'm afraid I must join the others and vote against you."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

He smiles and nods.

"You may have overplayed your hand, Starlequin.  When I am voted out, and thus shown innocent, if Persephone is innocent, and you have named Valerian your most trusted, then I may have misspoke.  For Persephone is the tie-breaker.  Then, Guy, Persephone and Tharic will know it is you and Valerian who are behind this.  The Bodyguard can protect Persephone, and she will break the tie and vote out one of the siblings, who as I've said, is at least Valerian, but now, appears to be you, too, sir.  In any case, I would hope those who can see reason will at least realize that Valerian, who has voted for vamp after vamp most unerringly, and guided us in private to do the same, must be one Sibling."

Tharic

Tharic shakes his head, pouring himself a whiskey as he listens to James.

'I am inclined to agree with you Sir. Valerian, I'm concerned that I may have misjudged you.'

Valerian

Now even more startled, Val looks at Tharic in surprise.  "If I was lucky enough to vote for 'vamp after vamp most unerringly', that was only because I was following your lead.  It was only later that I learned you were actually working with one of the foul beasts, and that was why you knew so much.  Perhaps that strange alliance has addled your thoughts, Doctor."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

Watches the scene with interest.  "But... Valerian, Tharic knows he's innocent -- or do you think your silver tongue can convince a Suite Owner that he is really a Vampire?"

Valerian

Raising an eyebrow, she turns to address James.  "I doubt even you could manage that remarkable feat, my dear professor.  My only intent was to point out to the Doctor that he might be confused in thinking you trustworthy."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

"By pointing out to him that... he had given you information?  That's... illuminating..."

The professor shrugs.  "Honestly, I don't much mind leaving this round as it has the chance to let the Suite Owners win in the end.  I simply ask the Bodyguard to please protect persephone this next night if it is possible to do so."

Valerian

Val smiles wryly.  "No, by pointing out to him that one of your main reasons for suspecting me was that you seemed to think the knack for finding the vampires was mine.  But Tharic knows that he was the one who told me the identities of the vampires, so it's odd that he should suspect me for that reason, don't you think?"
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Tharic

Downing his drink quickly, Tharic's eyes shift back and forth between James and Valeria. 'I am indeed innocent. As you, Val, full and well know. I also don't think it's much of a secret that I am the good doctor. Yes, I worked with the accursed Sire after she revealed herself to me. You knew that from the start, you and lisar both. You also know that I was attacked two nights ago and saved myself.'

Tharic glanced at James, 'The bodyguard? You damned innocent fool. The bodyguard died when he was turned by the Sire. There is no salvation for any of us. Only damnation. My hands have more than enough blood on them, what's one more at this point?'

James Moriarty

"Hm, then it would appear it comes down to this vote, or, to whatever fate causes the election of a new Estate Keeper should there be a tie.  Though I suppose in that case, the fact that neither Sibling can cause there to be two votes for one of them may work in favor of the Suite Owners."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
James (3) - perse, Star, Val
Val (2) - JM, Tharic

Yet to Vote
RPGuy
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Galactic Druid

Oh jeez, it would have to come to me... I'll vote tomorrow after work, I want to ask a question or two...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

"I need clarification, James." Persephone spoke up. "You talked to me earlier in the game and said you were innocent. You even said your role was special. I know you're not the doctor or the scientist. And I'm nearly 100% positive you're not the bodyguard." She paused.

"So... What role does that leave...?"
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

"I thought that you were a vamp, along with yugi.  It was a common ploy -- a lie -- to see if I could bait you.  After Star's post, I am much more convinced that you are not the IS.  Therefore, I ask you simply to look at the record.  Where did you learn about the vamps from?  Who has been spreading information about who plays what role?  I have done what I always do -- bait, test, and in the first unfortunate round, defend myself when attacked first.  But I have had no first hand information -- none that was correct.  I only realized that Valerian must be the VS when I saw how much she knew about who was a vamp, and then reflected on why a vamp would vote for other vamps.  The only reason is that vamps can take out the IS accidentally -- so they are a Sibling's biggest threat.  I ask you: just look at the voting record, and who told you what.  You will see what I mean, I trust."

Valerian

Val sighed.  "And I can only repeat: I knew as much as I did about who the vampires were because Tharic knew, and he told me.  Ask him yourself if you don't believe me.  Any information I passed along to anyone else came from him, because he got it from the Sire.  The only mistake I made was trying too hard to help save innocent lives."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Starlequin

"You know," Star began cautiously, "there is someone we're overlooking. It's possible he's simply been busy on the kitchens, as he's repeatedly claimed. But I've been wondering if perhaps Guy's silence might not have a more sinister purpose? For example, letting his "Innocent" Sibling James chatter on to distract us from the real danger? I have to admit, THAT would be a far more devious plot than I initially suspected from you, Professor. Well done." Starlequin nodded, a grim expression on his face. For the first time in days, the fear returned that the devils were on the verge of dividing and conquering them all, and this time there was nothing he could do to stop them.

James Moriarty

He smiles.

"The bonus here is that I'll die this round, and then it will be proved who is innocent.  Then it will fall to a 2 vs 2 situation where the sides will be utterly obvious.  I don't know how such cases are decided, but, well, at least us poor innocents will stand a fighting chance."

persephone325

"So it was a lie? And how do I know you're not lying now?" Persephone asked.

"You have put yoursself in a dangerous situation now. How can I trust you after that?"
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

I'm sorry, Val, but my dice doesn't seem to trust you. All three rolls...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

Votes
James (3) - perse, Star, Val
Val (2) - JM, Tharic, RPGuy

Alright perse, it's coming down to you.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Starlequin

"If you're genuinely innocent, James, I'd hardly consider your loss a bonus," Starlequin said with a roll of his eyes. "But that's the problem -- I don't believe you are. It feels like you've been working against the rest of us from the beginning. You helped lead us against Yugi, you tried to distract us from destroying the Sire by targeting Kanrya, and it took almost all of us in concert to drag you along in eliminating Trie. From what I can see, you've done nothing but attempt to foment distrust and suspicion among the rest of us since we arrived in this godforsaken fortress, and now that the end is in sight you've done all you can to split apart the only people who have come to trust one another. Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not falling for it anymore. Both Persephone and Valerian have done nothing but guide and protect me since our ordeal began, and while I can't stop you I certainly won't stand by and watch while you twist us against one another. I'm going back to my room to read; someone come and fetch me once he's talked the rest of you into destroying one another." Star muttered and rolled his chair away from the table, the left wheel squeaking in protest all the way up the hall.