The second Presidential debate

Started by elone, October 15, 2012, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelemar

Chelemar

I'm gonna crack down on China?  How, when he throws the dishes at the wall in a temper?

Trieste

The consensus on Twitter is that Jeremy the Student is the new Joe the Plumber.

Chelemar

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 08:50:20 PM
The consensus on Twitter is that Jeremy the Student is the new Joe the Plumber.

Oh really?  Interesting.

Chelemar

Please someone bring up gay marriage and reproductive rights.... Pa---leaseeeeeeeeee

Trieste

I wish they would talk more about investing in mass transit rather than continuing to support the auto industry.

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 08:54:48 PM
Please someone bring up gay marriage and reproductive rights.... Pa---leaseeeeeeeeee

I know, right?

Chelemar

Edited to add, CNN poll  (I'm watching online via CNN live and playing in twitter etc.)

Poll: Who is winning so far?
Obama by a lot (100%)
Romney by a lot (0%)
Obama by a little (0%)
Romney by a little (0%)

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 08:38:44 PM
HE STILL never said where the money comes. EVER

"I've been doing balanced budgets all my life, in every company I've been head of." - Well, it's easy enough to do if you have the option of selling off parts that aren't profitable, raising a new round of stock or firing thousands of employees. When you're running a country, that's a little bit more complicated: last time I checked you couldn't fast-fire unprofitable citizens or deprive them of their pensions, their basic healthcare/meds rights, the schools of their kids or their student loans.

The guy is more than vague about where he's going to get the money or what happens if he finds that he can't both tighten the belt and expand the economy.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Chelemar

and now for the slow people who just cant click fast lmao

Poll: Who is winning so far?
Obama by a lot (44%)
Romney by a lot (16%)
Obama by a little (22%)
Romney by a little (18%)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 16, 2012, 08:57:19 PM
"I've been doing balanced budgets all my life, in every company I've been head of." - Well, it's easy enough to do if you have the option of selling off parts that aren't profitable, raising a new round of stock or firing thousands of employees. When you're running a country, that's a little bit more complicated: last time I checked you couldn't fast-fire unprofitable citizens or deprive them of their pensions, their basic healthcare/meds rights, the schools of their kids or their student loans.

The guy is more than vague about where he's going to get the money or what happens if he finds that he can't both tighten the belt and expand the economy.

My question is this.. has he EVER not outsources or sold off assetts to make a profit? I don't think (aside from Bain..which is a leech) he has grown a company. He's looted and pillaged a hell of a lot

Trieste

According to Slate's Instant Spin Room, conservatives think Romney is winning, and liberals think Obama is winning.

Chelemar

I don't look at my pension that often, it's not as big as yours hahahaha

Callie Del Noire

Watch as I tap dance away from immigration.. switch it to the Pres' pension.. tadaadadadada

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:01:25 PM
According to Slate's Instant Spin Room, conservatives think Romney is winning, and liberals think Obama is winning.

Mighty surprised here.  :D
Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 09:07:13 PM
I don't look at my pension that often, it's not as big as yours hahahaha

Agree, good oneliner.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

ShadowFox89

Much better debate tonight than last time.

Romney is going to walk away with a black eye and busted jaw.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Trieste

Dude. Benghazi wasn't the one that asked for more security. It was another consulate in Libya. That's been debunked, mister braintrust.  >:(

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:11:08 PM
Dude. Benghazi wasn't the one that asked for more security. It was another consulate in Libya. That's been debunked, mister braintrust.  >:(

Damn.. can he get any smugger? And look more insincere doing it?

Callie Del Noire

Didn't 'Fast and Furious start up around 2006 or so? Silly me?

Trieste

How did he go from automatic weapons to single-parent homes?

ShadowFox89

It did. But Cal, remember. The Bush era never happened.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:23:12 PM
How did he go from automatic weapons to single-parent homes?

Not only taht.. but he slammed single parents (you no need naughty sex till yer married!)

Chelemar

Romney is such a liar!  Yeah, so what are you going to do to China?  Oh, I know, let's go to war with China. OMGOSH.

Trieste

Romney: "Trickle-down government has never worked here, has never worked anywhere."

Gonna hold him to that.

Callie Del Noire

"Oh .. don't pay to my 20+ years of outsourcing.. I'll bring jobs back.. and be harsh with China.. REALLY."

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 09:28:24 PM
Romney is such a liar!  Yeah, so what are you going to do to China?  Oh, I know, let's go to war with China. OMGOSH.

Moar tax cuts! Rawr!
Call me Shadow
My A/A