Seeking fans of Cthulhu! Seeking fans of Sci-Fi! Seeking fans of-what, wait?!

Started by ReijiTabibito, April 14, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right, folks! 

You heard me!  I'm advertising for a group game for the game that's got the best of both worlds!

One part Cthulhu!

One part Science Fiction!

One part Gigantic Robots!

One part freaky Psychic Powers!

All parts Awesome!

What game is this, you ask?  What game could be such pure, concentrated epicness?  Why, it's CthulhuTech!

So, I am calling YOU to answer this ad, and throw in your hat for a system and setting that are revolutionary!

Who's with me?

Callie Del Noire

ReijiTabibito

At this point, the campaign itself is up for grabs.  I have a zillion ideas for the game, most of which can be applied to a NEG, Engel Project, or Eldritch Society campaign.    I even have, with a little bit of finagling, a couple of ways to get both in on the action!

Callie Del Noire

I had a character.. A white parapsychic.. but the game imploded about the time I got in. :D

ReijiTabibito

White parapsychics are welcome in just about any game!  Just remember, if we're starting at the standard game year, no White can be older than 18, okay?  So you've got a rather narrow window...

...maybe.  PM me to discuss this further!

Callie Del Noire

Sent you the old sheet (I keep characters I like in a 'dead PC' file)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wintercat

Got a few Cthulhutech Books, never got to play it though. Do you got space for a total rookie?

Personally a fan of the Engels but if the game's direction lies elsewhere I'd not mind playing a Magic Practitioner who is willing to break the rules and search for the 'authentic' pieces, the ones that have not been edited out for the sake of our Sanity..
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Kunoichi

*will probably be playing a Tager for this game*

I'm rather new to the system, myself. ^^;

ReijiTabibito

@Muse:  Most certainly.  Got any ideas as to what you might want to play?

@Wintercat: Certainly.  I'm a rookie GM at this particular setting, so we'll be in good company together.  And either of your character concepts would be valid.

@Kuno:  ...'bout time you showed up.  :P

Okay, people, I'm gonna hand you a little primer on things I see in CthulhuTech in terms of character types, factions playable, etc, etc...

Okay.  The major two good factions in the world of CthulhuTech, as readers are aware, are the NEG (New Earth Government) and the Eldritch Society (referred to hereafter as the ES).  The NEG has a sub-faction, the Engel Project, which focuses on the giant Evangelion-a-like machines of this setting.

Now, there are 5 major character ‘types,’ with each faction being able to utilize 4 of the 5.

Normals: These are people without any form of special supernatural ability.  That can be as much a boon as a weakness, however, since it means that they’re free to spend their character creation points, and experience, on bettering solely themselves – attributes, skills, and so on – whereas supernatural characters need to spend their advancement to improve their abilities.

Sorcerers: The setting’s magic users.  These are the guys who cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down (:P), as well as the ones who read the ever-sanity endangering books that are so popular and common to Lovecraft.  Magic isn’t simple, though.  It’s much more ritualistic and drawn out.  So no, no throwing fireballs in the middle of combat.  That’s more the next guys…  ((NOTE: Due to canon info, characters who are a sorcerer cannot be a para-psychic))

Para-psychics: These guys are the ones who don’t need years of training to learn how to manipulate the universe.  Para-psychics are able to intuitively command the energies of the cosmos, using little more than their own willpower and arcane energy.  However, para-psychics do imperil themselves when they use their powers too much, and risk having them run out of control…  ((NOTE: Due to canon info, characters who are para-psychic cannot be a sorcerer))

The above three can fit into either a NEG game or an ES game.  Keep that in mind when you are designing your character.

Okay, now onto the faction-specific types.  A quick note before I start – these character types, for one reason or another, stand head and shoulders above the three ‘common’ types.  Enemies designed to be a modest threat at their level are probably tough enough that ‘common’ characters would be risking death in the same fight.  In contrast, designing for the ‘common’ characters would allow these to curbstomp over the enemy.

Tagers:  This is the ES-specific character type. Tagers are shapeshifting warriors, mortals who have undergone a special ritual to unite their consciousness with a symbiont that provides them with supernatural abilities, as well as enhanced physical attributes.  Tagers also regenerate damage inflicted on them.

Mecha Pilots: The is the NEG-specific character type.  This category encompasses three subtypes – Power Armor; standard Mecha; and Engels.  These are much tougher than anything, even the Tagers, because of the scale used to measure the amount of damage they can deal out as well as take.

So…yeah.  With maybe a couple of exceptions, we’ll probably want to try to stick to one faction, if possible.

AndyZ

I'm thinking about either sorcerer or para-psychic, not fully decided on which.  I may just go with whichever is lacking.

Is this an actual system that I should pick up and buy, or is it something custom you're working on?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ReijiTabibito

This is an actual system.  You can google it and find the books for it online.  If you like what you see, please, please buy the, and support the authors so they can make more awesome.

Wintercat

That's actually a better summary than I gave to my friends about the setting when I tried to 'sell' them the idea of playing it around a tabletop before. It also raises a good point, we should determine which type of a game we're headed for. I think that all the Engel and Mecha rules are probably a bit much at first, so as a rookie I might be better off voting for Eldritch Society, and possibly playing that Sorcerer for them, or alternatively a Tager.

Ohh, Just realized, there's actually a Wiki for Cthulhutech too out there. Hmm, not sure how much help it can be but just a thought to help out. Haven't checked it too much yet but still.

Also checking to see what new books are out.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

AndyZ

Do we need to have the books for this?  It sounds interesting but I'm kinda strapped for $ right now.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ReijiTabibito

You do not need to have the books, if you hook yourself up with any of the other players here they can easily walk you through character creation.

But it would be much easier, and you'd be able to read about the system if you had at least the core book.

Wintercat

A friend of mine crafted a 'Mechanics' sheet for me to use with CTech in the past, I thought about sharing it here as a framework if acceptable to the game's host? Going to copy it below and start working on a character then if its acceptable, anyhow, hoping to help mainly.

Its been a while since I checked this out, back around when I first ran into CTech, never got to really play, the friend made the 'Mechanics' sheet but we didn't get enough folks interested and didn't feel like running it one on one.

Allegiance:
Profession:

Virtue:
Flaw:

Attributes [1-10] (35p)
Agility:
Intellect:
Perception:
Presence:
Strength:
Tenacity:

Feats (1/2 Attribute)
Agility:
Intellect:
Perception:
Presence:
Strength:
Tenacity:

Skills [1-3, 1p = 2 Focused specializations] (20p)
Language 4 (Native)
Literacy 2
Regional Knowledge 2

--Qualities--
Assets:

Drawbacks:

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions: [(Agility+Perception) / 2]
Movement: [(Agility+Strength) / 2]
Orgone: [((Intelect+Tenacity) / 2) +5]
Reflex [(Agility+Intellect+Perception) / 3]
Vitality: [((Strength+Tenacity) /2) +5]

Drama Points: 10

--Gear--

--Cheats (6)--
A&A

ReijiTabibito

You may certainly post it here, as a help to other players.

Speaking of character sheets, the website Voidstate has an excellent character sheet for CTech, that includes both regular and Tager characters.  I would recommend you go to the website and get your hands on it, it's free!

You'll know it when you look on the sheet and see a bunch of hexes.

Kunoichi

Okay, so after taking a look at the various different Tager symbionts available, I've decided I'm going with the Efreet. ^^ I guess I'll be the group's 'heavy hitter'...

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  Two characters down.

I assume everyone is alright with us playing an Eldritch Society/Tager game, and fighting against the machinations of Nyarlathotep and his pet Dhohanoids?

EDIT:  I've been rereading the books in prep for the campaign.  Turns out you can buy multiple Specializations for the same skill...so yeah.

Wintercat

Sounds good to me. Working on an Occult Scholar, probably not the most useful fellow when it comes to straight out damage dealing but perhaps the magic will help in some situations. Looking forward to this though, and on a side note, looking forward to playing in a game where Kunoichi is along as well.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Winter, if you're planning on being an Occult Scholar and Sorcerer, then you'll want to probably pick up the Eldritch Society Sorcerer Asset detailed in the book Ancient Enemies - about the ES and the Children of Chaos.

If you don't have that particular book, allow me to elaborate.  The Society Sorcerer Asset - costing 3 skill points - gives you access to all First and Second Order magic spells, regardless of legality, and when you can sufficiently justify to your superiors (IE, me), you can gain access to illegal Third Order spells, as well.

If you have the book, the Asset is on page 50 of Ancient Enemies.

Wintercat

I actually do happen to have access to that book, haven't bought it myself but a friend has it. I'll see if I can snatch his for a bit and get the character together as soon as possible, hopefully wont take that long.

The asset sounds very much like something I'd want to acquire for the Sorcerer.. and the term Occult Scholar coming to mind is the Profession from the books, the Sorcerer being the shortest summary of what the character is in my mind. While the para-psychic abilities are interesting I personally feel I might find myself better suited for a Sorcerer's role in the tale to come, hopefully being able to be of use to the group of people even so.

On a side note, the last comment at Kunoichi? Merely seen her RP and tipping my hat at it in respect, a bit crude of me to do it in public I guess but anyhow. Looking forward to the game for more than one reason is all.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

For me, personally, I would say that anyone in an ES game who wants to play a Sorcerer should pick up the Asset.  Getting access to all 1st and 2nd Order magic for just 3 points?  Hell yes.  Not so much for the Sorcerer Para-psychic asset, though.  It's basically useless, especially if you choose Somatic or Sensory powers as your primary focus.

And we've already got a Para in the group, Winter, so no worrying about needing one.

Looks like we might need a couple more Tagers to round out the pack, then...

EDIT:  Note for players.  Anyone in the Eldritch Society - Tagers, Paras, or Sorcerers - automatically get Duty (3) as a Drawback.

Muse

Heyselo.  :) 

The one time I played my character was a Nazadi gal and I'm quite fond of them.  :) 

She was a stealth model tagger. 

I formed too much of her personalty before getting the RP standards for the taggers read, though, and didn't realize how emo the symbiont was supposed to make them.  *sigh* 

Perhaps I'll try a Nazadi parasycic this time?  Or even a normal? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

Actually, from what Reiji's talked with me about, one of the things we could really use is a stealth Tager. ^^; A Shadow would apparently be ideal, since it would make for a lethal combination with my Efreet.

Muse

*smiles* 

All right, let's see if I can pull that off.  :) 

So the symbiot has some effect on your personality based on it's basic nature?  The shadow makes you more quite, the toher two have other effects? 

Kunoichi

Yep, exactly.  And mine, the Efreet, makes you get a lot cockier and more confident. ^^ It was introduced in the Eldritch Society sourcebook, and it's basically the straight-up most powerful combat Tager, with the trade-off being that it has no abilities whatsoever that apply outside of combat, and its inherent combat abilities also ruin any attempts at stealth.

Hence, I'll also be picking up a wide variety of skills, to help out elsewhere...

cryorage

So Muse pointed me in this direction.  Wondering if theres still a slot?  Ive got a Nightmare taeger from another game lying around.  and ive got an idea for a Telekenetic/pyrokenetic bouncing around in my head.
The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…
For I now find I have no choice at all.

I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.
~Dinobot

Muse

Name:   Cory
Race:   Nazadi
Height   5’
Weight:   99
Measures:   32’22’34B?
Skin:      Ebony
Eyes:      Ruby
Hair:      Scarlet
Features:   Pale white markings like the geometric crop circles of old. 
      High, fine cheekbones, a pointed chin, almond shaped eyes. 

Allegiance:   Eldritch Society
Profession:   Tagger

Virtue:   Optimistic
Flaw:      Flippant

Attributes
Agility:   8(10)
Intellect:   3
Perception:   8(10)
Presence:   8
Strength:   4(6)
Tenacity:   8(10)

Feats (1/2 Attribute)
Agility:   4(5)
Intellect:   1
Perception:   4(5)
Presence:   4
Strength:   2
Tenacity:   4(5)

Skills
Athletics         3
Communications      0
Computers         1
Education         1
Language          4 (English)
Literacy          2 (English)
Language:          2 (Nazadi)
Observation         2
Occult         1
Performance         3 (Dance +2)
Persuade         2
Pilot            1
Regional Knowledge    2
Savoir-Faire      0
Seduction         2
Stealth         2 (Silent Movement +2)
Surveillance      1

Armed Fighting      0
Dodge            3
Fighting         3
Marksman         3

--Qualities--
Assets:
(2)   Acute Sense of Hearing +2
(3)   Alluring +2
(1)   Muse: Dance +2
(4)   Tagger

Drawbacks:
(3)   Duty: Eldritch Society
(1)   Duty: Day Job
(2)   Fanatical
(2)   Ineptitude: Computers
(2)   Ineptitude: Education

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions:   2 (3)
Movement:   6 (8)
Orgone:    5 (6)
Reflex    6 (7)
Vitality:   11 (13)

--Gear--

Shadow
Type: Stealth Combat Tager
Something that can’t be seen, the Shadow is the thing that moves in the corner of one’s eye. Spy, ninja, ghost – it has been called all of these and none of them is incorrect, for the Shadow has the mystical ability to disappear at will. As long as it’s alive, it can disappear from sight and sound in an instant. Not only is it invisible and inaudible, it leaves no heat signature either, making it capable of open action even in an arcology. Most of the time the Shadow’s first strike is from surprise.
Its tools as an assassin are manifold. The needles growing on its chin  can be fired as poisoned darts. This organic poison is a powerful, short-term paralytic, meant to disable a target just long enough for the Shadow to gain advantage. Once it is up close, thorns sprout out of almost every striking surface, making it capable of tearing chunks out of vulnerable flesh. Its ability to Multiport strikes a target from up to six different sides nearly simultaneously. However, the Shadow is lightly armored and stand up fights can leave it badly hurt.
The Shadow is a deadly and careful symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop great patience and cool temper, combined with a controlled nature and a callous attitude towards killing.
Special: Paralytic Poison – The needles fired by the Shadow are coated with an organic paralytic poison. This poison requires that the needle do at least one point of Vitality damage to be administered.  Anyone affected by the poison must succeed at a Hard Tenacity Feat Test to resist. If this Test is failed, the victim loses 2 Actions per turn for one to ten minutes (roll one die), which can effectively reduce a character’s Actions to zero. Only one Test needs to be made per turn struck by the Shadow’s needles and the effect of the needles is not cumulative. A target may again be affected on the turn following his recovery from the last dose.
Special: Stealth – The Shadow projects a mystical stealth field, which functions like a mecha stealth system except that all Degrees to spot it are increased one category. In addition to rapid, erratic movement, touching anything living (of dog-size or larger) will force the stealth to drop. This ability drains the Orgone of the Tager, at a rate of one point for every half hour invisible. The ability of a Shadow to use its stealth is not affected by this drain. A Shadow may even use this ability when its Orgone has been drained to zero, but Orgone will not regenerate while it is engaged.
Size: Medium (6 to 7 ft. tall)
Attribute Modifications:
Agility +1/+3
Perception +1/+3
Strength -/+2
Tenacity +1/+3
Weapons:
Thorns (+1) – These thorns grow out of the hands, forearms, shoulders, lower legs, and feet.
Needle Pods – Range 25/60/170, Damage +1 (+ Poison), Shots 2, Infinite Rounds
Limit Weapon:
Multiport – This attack can target anything within a range of twice the Shadow’s average jumping distance. By rapidly teleporting around his target, the Shadow can take double his normal Actions – though no movement – with no Multiple Action Penalty, for one single turn. These attacks occur simultaneously. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.
Armor: 1/1
Regeneration: 1/2
Fear Factor: 12
Senses: Nightvision, Scan
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Jumping (Triple), Land (Normal)

HISTORY: 
   Cory:  “Growing up with my mother, I loved music and dancing, but mother always left the room when I started to play the heavy base beat and the sizzling electric strokes.  I didn’t understand why.  For a long time, I didn’t even notice.  Eventually, I did, because I wanted her to watch me dance the way she watched me do kata, and she was never around, so I started using head phones. 
   “I should have started to understand when mother took me to the range and taught me to use pistols, solid projectiles that boomed and cracked, lasers that hissed and sizzled.  I loved and feared the power of those guns, but my passion was for the dance floor. 
   “When I came of age I hadn’t done too well in school, but I was pretty and enjoyed the dance, I wasn’t embarrassed at all to think that I might make a career of the high class strip club I took a job at.  I took advise from an older girl and shared my tips with my bodyguards, which I was glad for the day when I was hired for a private party in a clients home.  The guys tried to get me to come downstairs and they shot my gaurds.  Their armor’s held and in the ensuing shoot out a tenteacled worm thing came up from the basement the moment before the cavalry came. 
   “In the aftermath, the cavalry recruited me, liking how I held my level head the midst of it all. 
   “I joined with a shard of alieness.  I forced every drop of music I had into it ‘til it surrendered, and for the first time in my life there was quite in my mind, stillness.  I understood the first truth my mother cherished.  Music—whether listened too or danced too—should be appreciated, not allowed to inundate you ‘til it lost it’s meaning. 
   “Later, on the battlefield, amongst the firing of guns and cracking of lasers, I learned the music that had inundated my mother’s mind before I was born.” 

Muse

Hey, Reiji.  Assuming our computers have a user friendly operating system, do we require a level of Computers for basic operations?  (equivalent to Word, Google, and Face book, for example.) 

And does literacy in Nazadi require a separate skill, or does the literacy skill allow you to read both? 

ReijiTabibito

Wow.  Okay.  Lots of comments to be made here.  Starting up.

First comes a list of all the players so far, and what they are playing.

CallieDelNoire - playing a Nazzadi White, who are inherently Para-psychic.

Kunoichi - playing a Human Tager, Efreet symbiont.

Wintercat - playing an unspecified Occult Scholar/Sorcerer.

And now Muse, playing a Nazzadi Tager, Shadow Symbiont.

On to addressing your questions, Muse.

Yes, the Tager you join with does influence your personality.  I would recommend reading up on both the section on the Shadow in the corebook, as well as the section on the Phantasm - the evolved form of the Shadow.  Both will give you an idea of how it influences personality.

And yes, you need a level of Computers in order to do the kind of stuff that you're referring to.

And no, literacy is one skill.  The skill description clearly states that if you have Literacy, you are automatically literate in any language known by your character...which right now is English only.

Now, a couple of question I have to ask you.

1: Where does your +2 Silent Movement to Stealth come from?  Your +2 Dance comes from Muse, that much I can see, but I'm not seeing where you got that.

2: Have you spent your cheats?  If so, on what?  And this part goes for everyone.  Document EVERYTHING.  I want to be able to see who spent what where doing what, I don't want to have to go through third-degree questioning when I review these sheets for approval.

3: This really isn't a question, more a suggestion.  Both Kuno and Callie's characters already have high Presence.  Kuno because being an Efreet requires one, and Callie because it was part of her character concept.  You might want to trade a couple of stat points away from Presence.

Okay, Cryo, on to you.  Yes, there are still spots open.  I was hoping for a fifth player.

As for your ideas.  Nightmares are nice...but we've already got Kunoichi, who's playing an Efreet, a damn powerful combat Tager.  I would say that if we didn't have her playing that, your Nightmare would fit right in.  Your TK/Pryo Para...he/she could be a part of the group, certainly.  It's much more direct combat potential than our current Para, Callie, but keep in mind that Para abilities can be very draining in terms of Orgone.

Besides, as Kuno will tell you, I've been looking for a third Tager to round out the group.

Wintercat

I'm pretty much done, sending the sheet in. The character is a Human, and a Society Sorcerer.

Going to post the general thoughts on him below then.
--- ---
I was one of the people who lost everything because of these wars. My mother was a soldier and went to fight for a world where I could grow up. My father took care of me to the best of his abilities but the day the officer stopped before our house he lost his will to live. He followed her soon after, leaving me with little, and my parents relatives were all too eager to take their possessions but discard me. I suppose that could have left me jaded but I believed that they were just that way because they were desperate. This war was sparing nobody of the horrors it brought.

Truth is, I was scary from early on. I am black haired young man and before you ask, its not dye. I'm not a goth, but I understand why you might think that. You see, my father was always a fan of the fantastic and sometimes even outright bizarre. When my parents passed away my father left me with a tome, a particularily illegal tome in fact, that he'd acquired in the years prior to the war. Contained within were things that only later began to make sense to me. Things that would have better been left unread. My youth was spent mostly trying to deal with officials while moving from one home to another, and studying. I was a very smart child, and might have made some parents proud if not for my stubbornness and my apparent laziness.

I spent time with a book rather than working on improving my body through sports or whatever activities my caretakers tried to inspire me into joining. I tried sometimes, out of kindness towards them and gratitude, but it never lasted. I am not physically adept, I am more of a scholarly person. Then I came to realize that a few things in those books made sense in a strange, almost scary way. Something clicked in my head. I could make sense of it. I had heard a word for those like me. Sorcerer. Only this was less fireballs and magic missiles, and more about the right timing and right questions. There is knowledge that promises power, but that power is ruinous for those who come unprepared.

I've not forsaken my humanity. I seek answers, I am now an adult and no longer require a caretaker. I educate myself with what I can lay my hands on, and spend hours upon hours pouring over tomes to an obsessive extent, but it was not before a couple of bizarre murders occured in my neighborhood that I began to get a hint of what I could actually achieve. Pursuing a few rituals to gain answers, I came to realize something frightening about a nearby neighbor of mine. He was not entirely human, rather, he was human in name only anymore. I was not sure who I could contact and who would believe me so I did the only thing I could. I tried to stop it myself.

To this day I recall that night when I caught my breath, recovering from the savage beating I had gotten in the hands of that thing, that Dhonanoid, and the lecture from the person that pulled me away. Looking as monstrous as that thing had, just a moment ago, this human being spoke to me with words that imprinted in me for a long time to stay. "Its alright. I'm one of the good guys." Ironic, to fight the monsters creeping in the shadows he had become a monster himself, a Tager I came to know him as. I too volunteered then, to help prevent tragedies like that of my neighbors had faced. If he had been willing to become a hunter to destroy these monsters, I was willing to become a scholar risking my mind to pursue the answers necessary to make sure that the hunters could locate, and stop this from spreading. My parents perhaps wanted I would have a better world to live in, but unless I work for that dream too, there will be no world for any human or nazzadi anymore.

My name is Talon Morgan.
A&A

Muse

Reiji, I'll do a redrawn sheet when I get home. 

The +2 to Silent Moves and DAncing are from Specialites.  Did I label them wrong? 

I spent all 6 cheats to gain 12 extra skill picks. 

ReijiTabibito

Muse:  Okay.  Ah, okay, Silent Movement was from the 2 Specialities you're allowed to purchase at character creation, and Dancing is from the Muse Asset.  So, no.

EDIT: For those of you who have bought the CTech books, but have either lost them or don't have them on hand, allow me to make this statement.  If you have bought the book, paid the money for it, etc etc, it is not illegal for you to have an electronic copy.  You've already spent your cash in support of the creators of the material.  This is law, you can look it up.

Callie Del Noire

FYI.. still here.. but had my Dropbox account just eat two papers.. so I'll be a day or two. :D

Kunoichi

Well, I've got my profile done. ^^;

Char Name: Kalista
Player Name: Kunoichi
Allegiance: The Eldritch Society
Profession: Tager (Efreet)
Race: Human
Description: Tall, dark, with mediterranean features and a voluptuous figure that many would kill for, Kalista certainly lives up to her name's meaning as 'the most beautiful'.  She has sky-blue eyes, long black hair, and a hypnotic voice, and greatly enjoys wearing revealing, deliberately provocative outfits.

Of course, she makes sure that any clothing she buys is made from materials that will stand up to a little stress, in case she should suddenly find herself in a tight situation...

Virtue: Passionate
Flaw: Lustful

--Attributes--
Agility: 7/9
Intellect: 5
Perception: 5/6
Presence: 7
Strength: 8/14
Tenacity: 9/11

--Feats--
Agility: 3/4
Intellect: 2
Perception: 2/3
Presence: 3
Strength: 3/6
Tenacity: 4/5

--Skills--
Artist 0
Athletics 3
Bureaucracy 0
Business 0
Criminal 0
Culture 0
Demolitions 0
Education 0
History 0
Hobby 0
Intimidate 0
Language 4 (English)
Law Enforcement 0
Literacy 2
Misdirect 3
Occult 1
Observation 2
Performance 0
Persuade 1
Pilot 0
Regional Knowledge 2
Research 0
Savoir-Faire 2
Security 2
Seduction 3
Streetwise 0
Stealth 3 (+1 Shadowing)
Surveillance 0
Survival 0
Trivia 0

Armed Fighting 0
Dodge 3
Fighting 3 (+1 Eldritch Society Ninjutsu)
Marksman 3
Thrown Weapons 0

--Qualities--
Assets:
Alluring (3)
Double-Jointed (1)
Sexy Voice (3)
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Tager: Rare (1)

Drawbacks:
Big Ego (1)
Code (1) I cannot fail in my service - I will succeed or die trying.
Damaged (2)
Duty (3)
Impetuous (2)
Misfit (1)

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions: 1 Action/2 Actions
Movement: 7/11
Orgone: 0 [12/13]
Reflex: 5/6
Vitality: 13/17

--Gear--
CS-44 "Enforcer" Range 12/25/45, Damage +2, Shots 2, 15 Rounds (Caseless)

--Tager: Efreet--
Type: Rare Combat Tager
It burns.  Char marks follow it wherever it goes.  Cracks in its skin reveal glowing embers of pure otherworldly fire.  Waves of visual distortion float off of it from the intense heat.  Little can stop its onslaught of unadulterated force and flame.  It is a being whose name is derived from (or possibly the inspiration for) the infernal Ifrits from middle-eastern mythology.  Those that find themselves the target for the righteous fury of an Efreet have but one choice - to pray.

One of the rarest and most powerful Tagers known to the Eldritch Society, the Efreet is a powerhouse of searing pain.  Its skin is so hot that anything touching it is scarred.  Its mace-like fists beat down walls and it can shoot flame from its mouth like a dragon breathes fire.  However, it is the thing's limit attack that is most feared, as it calls down a mystical meteor strike that smashes and burns anything within a 400 square foot area.

The Efreet is a proud and righteous symbiont.  Those who are bound with one begin to feel unstoppable and, while they recognize and appreciate the assets of those around them, they believe themselves to be one step above.  They also develop a burning hatred for the forces of the Old Ones and Nyarlathotep and find their moral conviction becoming as pure as fire.

Special: Firestarter - The skin of an Efreet burns with heat and the seams in its "skin" and joints glow with fire.  While it can consciously dampen these effects, the Efreet still leaves char marks anywhere it walks or on anything it touches that is not resistant to heat and flame.  It lights things on fire with a mere touch, if its firestarting abilities are left at full effect.  Anything that physically strikes an Efreet takes one die of damage, which can be reduced by armor.  However, its radiance makes it difficult to conceal - Efreets suffer a -6 Penalty to Stealth Tests in their shifted form.  These effects are not dampened by water - in fact, the boiling water around it creates a three-yard radius cloud of partially obscuring bubbles.  The Efreet is immune to any kinds of fire, including plasma blasts.

Size: Medium (8 to 9 ft. tall)

Weapons:
Dragonbreath - Range 10/25/50, Damage +4, Shots 1, Infinite Rounds.  This attack ignites combustible materials.
Spiked Fists (+2) - The hot and mace-like fists of an Efreet sear anything.
Demonic Uppercut (+4) - The Efreet may use this attack every other turn.  This attack uses two of the Tager's Actions that turn, with the accompanying Multiple Action Penalties.

Limit Weapon:
Meteor Strike - Range 30/60/100, Damage +6; this attack calls down a mystical shower of super-heated rocks, attacking all things in a 400 foot square area.  Generate only one attack roll for the Combat Contest, against which all potential targets must defend.  This attack does Hybrid Damage.  This uses all actions and can be the Tager's only Action that turn.

Armor: 2/2
Regeneration: 1/1 Die
Fear Factor: 16
Senses: Nightvision, Scan, Thermal
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Jumping (Quadruple), Land (Normal)

Muse

I'm working on a version that de-emphisises the pressence themes without changing the concept.  Let me know if the party just plain needs someone else to be rounded out. 

Like, say, a shy quite girl who's a total bad ass in a fight. 

Muse

Name:      Cory
Race:      Nazadi
Height   5’
Weight:   99
Measures:   32’22’34B?
Skin:      Ebony
Eyes:      Ruby
Hair:      Scarlet
Features:   Pale white markings like the geometric crop circles of old. 
      High, fine cheekbones, a pointed chin, almond shaped eyes. 

Allegiance:   Eldritch Society
Profession:   Tagger

Virtue:   Optimistic
Flaw:      Flippant

Attributes
Agility:   8(10)
Intellect:   3
Perception:   8(10)
Presence:   8
Strength:   4(6)
Tenacity:   8(10)

Feats
Agility:   4(5)
Intellect:   1
Perception:   4(5)
Strength:   2
Tenacity:   4(5)

Skills
Athletics         3
Communications      0
Computers         1
Education         1
Language          4 (English)
Language:          2 (Nazadi)
Literacy          2
Observation         3
Occult         0
Performance         3 (Dance +2: Muse)
Persuade         1
Pilot            1
Regional Knowledge    2
Savoir-Faire      0
Seduction         1
Stealth         3 (Silent Movement +2, Specialty)
Surveillance      2

Armed Fighting      0
Dodge            3
Fighting         3
Marksman         3

--Qualities--
Assets:
(2)   Acute Sense of Hearing +2
(3)   Alluring +2
(1)   Muse: Dance +2
(4)   Tagger

Drawbacks:
(3)   Duty: Eldritch Society
(1)   Duty: Day Job
(2)   Fanatical
(2)   Ineptitude: Computers
(2)   Ineptitude: Education

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions:   2 (3)
Movement:   6 (8)
Orgone:    5 (6)
Reflex    6 (7)
Vitality:   11 (13)

--Cheats—
All six spent to buy 12 extra skill picks. 

--Gear—
Heckler, Koch, and Sig MP-6A1 Machine Pistol
--10mm
--10/20/40
--DMG +2
--Shots: 2 or 2/1-5/15
--Rounds: 30
--LG: RA

Synthetic Ruby Bracelet and Earrings Personal Computer: 
--Cory went through a couple of LAI personalities dealing with a problem.  The first she got was designed to each a child things she already knew, it had to go.  But the assistant interlaces for people who just had a little trouble with advanced computer functions were so infinitely patient that they never stood up and told her she was being an idiot.  The trick then was to get a program that mimicked two personalities from her favorite lesbian romance. 

The girl with the glasses is shy, intelligent, and polite.  (She's also the one in the trid show who has the super powers.)  The computer uses this personality to assist her, the other personality, the bold, aggressive girl--more like Cory--to step in and keep Cory on track.  Put her in her place from time to time. 

Shadow Tagger
Type: Stealth Combat Tager
Something that can’t be seen, the Shadow is the thing that moves in the corner of one’s eye. Spy, ninja, ghost – it has been called all of these and none of them is incorrect, for the Shadow has the mystical ability to disappear at will. As long as it’s alive, it can disappear from sight and sound in an instant. Not only is it invisible and inaudible, it leaves no heat signature either, making it capable of open action even in an arcology. Most of the time the Shadow’s first strike is from surprise.
Its tools as an assassin are manifold. The needles growing on its chin  can be fired as poisoned darts. This organic poison is a powerful, short-term paralytic, meant to disable a target just long enough for the Shadow to gain advantage. Once it is up close, thorns sprout out of almost every striking surface, making it capable of tearing chunks out of vulnerable flesh. Its ability to Multiport strikes a target from up to six different sides nearly simultaneously. However, the Shadow is lightly armored and stand up fights can leave it badly hurt.
The Shadow is a deadly and careful symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop great patience and cool temper, combined with a controlled nature and a callous attitude towards killing.
Special: Paralytic Poison – The needles fired by the Shadow are coated with an organic paralytic poison. This poison requires that the needle do at least one point of Vitality damage to be administered.  Anyone affected by the poison must succeed at a Hard Tenacity Feat Test to resist. If this Test is failed, the victim loses 2 Actions per turn for one to ten minutes (roll one die), which can effectively reduce a character’s Actions to zero. Only one Test needs to be made per turn struck by the Shadow’s needles and the effect of the needles is not cumulative. A target may again be affected on the turn following his recovery from the last dose.
Special: Stealth – The Shadow projects a mystical stealth field, which functions like a mecha stealth system except that all Degrees to spot it are increased one category. In addition to rapid, erratic movement, touching anything living (of dog-size or larger) will force the stealth to drop. This ability drains the Orgone of the Tager, at a rate of one point for every half hour invisible. The ability of a Shadow to use its stealth is not affected by this drain. A Shadow may even use this ability when its Orgone has been drained to zero, but Orgone will not regenerate while it is engaged.
Attribute Modifications:
Agility +1/+3
Perception +1/+3
Strength -/+2
Tenacity +1/+3
Weapons:
Thorns (+1) – These thorns grow out of the hands, forearms, shoulders, lower legs, and feet.
Needle Pods – Range 25/60/170, Damage +1 (+ Poison), Shots 2, Infinite Rounds
Limit Weapon:
Multiport – This attack can target anything within a range of twice the Shadow’s average jumping distance. By rapidly teleporting around his target, the Shadow can take double his normal Actions – though no movement – with no Multiple Action Penalty, for one single turn. These attacks occur simultaneously. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.
Regeneration: 1/2
Senses: Nightvision, Scan
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Jumping (Triple), Land (Normal)

HISTORY: 
   Cory:  “Growing up with my mother, I loved music and dancing, but mother always left the room when I started to play the heavy base beat and the sizzling electric strokes.  I didn’t understand why.  For a long time, I didn’t even notice.  Eventually, I did, because I wanted her to watch me dance the way she watched me do kata, and she was never around, so I started using head phones. 
   “I should have started to understand when mother took me to the range and taught me to use pistols, solid projectiles that boomed and cracked, lasers that hissed and sizzled.  I loved and feared the power of those guns, but my passion was for the dance floor. 
   “When I came of age I hadn’t done too well in school, but I was pretty and enjoyed the dance, I wasn’t embarrassed at all to think that I might make a career of the high class strip club I took a job at.  I took advise from an older girl and shared my tips with my bodyguards, which I was glad for the day when I was hired for a private party in a clients home.  The guys tried to get me to come downstairs and they shot my gaurds.  Their armor’s held and in the ensuing shoot out a tenteacled worm thing came up from the basement the moment before the cavalry came. 
   “In the aftermath, the cavalry recruited me, liking how I held my level head the midst of it all. 
   “I joined with a shard of alieness.  I forced every drop of music I had into it ‘til it surrendered, and for the first time in my life there was quite in my mind, stillness.  I understood the first truth my mother cherished.  Music—whether listened too or danced too—should be appreciated, not allowed to inundate you ‘til it lost it’s meaning. 
   “Later, on the battlefield, amongst the firing of guns and cracking of lasers, I learned the music that had inundated my mother’s mind before I was born.” 

ReijiTabibito

Muse, you're still doing it wrong.  A Specialty in CTech only gives a +1, not a +2.  You need to reduce your Performance bonus to just +2 from Muse.

AyeGill

Since i just read the CthulhuTech rules, and found them extremely awesome, i thought i'd drop in to see if a slot is still open? If so, what sort of character could the team use?

ReijiTabibito

Well, at this point, we've got most of the bases covered for an Eldritch Society game - a sorcerer, a para-psychic, a couple of Tagers...there's not anything we're really missing, but there are a couple of things we could use more than others.

A: Recon ability - especially if you decide to be a Recon Tager.  We've got a lot of hitting power, and sneaking around power, but not so much mobility.

B: An extraordinarily skilled person in Intellect skills.  Our Sorcerer is good at Intellect skills...relating to casting spells.  Otherwise, not so much.

AyeGill

Wintercat

And the plot thickens...

Also, I'm a newcomer to CTech so yeah, I might not have the best character around but I hope to at least be able to assist now and then, and the thought is to learn through play, though I am taking it seriously.

Anyhow, looking forward to what this may become.
A&A

Muse

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 19, 2011, 08:18:58 AM
Muse, you're still doing it wrong.  A Specialty in CTech only gives a +1, not a +2.  You need to reduce your Performance bonus to just +2 from Muse.

Gotcha, thank you, I will edit it in. 

AyeGill

Crunchy bits done:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Maximillian Proskopos
(Player: AyeGill)

ATTRIBUTES
Agility:   8(11)   
Intellect:    5
Perception:   10(12)
Strength:   5(6)
Tenacity:   7(9)

QUALITIES
Tager(Whisper)         4 skill points
Fast            2 skill points
Peripheral Vision      1 skill point
Wary            2 skill points
Common Sense         2 skill points
Acute Sight         2 skill points
Acute Hearing         2 skill points
Impetuous         -2 skill points
Duty 3            -3 skill points
Fanatical(The Eldritch Society) -2 skill points

Total=            8 skill points

SKILLS
Fighting: Adept         3 skill points
Marksman: Adept         3 skill points
Dodge: Adept         3 skill points
Athletics: Adept      3 skill points
(Focused: flight)
Communications: Novice      2 skill points
Observation: Adept      3 skill points
(focused: lip reading)
Occult: Novice         2 skill point
Computers: Novice      2 skill point
Stealth: Adept         3 skill points
Criminal: Student               1 skill point
Agility Feat: Expert      FREE
Intellect Feat: Novice      FREE
Perception Feat: Master      FREE
Presence Feat: Novice      FREE
Strength Feat: Novice      FREE
Tenacity Feat: Adept      FREE
English: Expert         FREE
Literacy: Novice      FREE
Regional Knowledge: Novice:    FREE
(Los Angeles, America)
Total =         20 skill points

Total Skill Points: 34/34(6 cheats used)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES
Actions: 2(3 in tager form)
Movement: 13 mph(19 mph in tager form, multiplied[see below])
Orgone: 10(5 because of tager)
Reflex: 7(9 in tager form)
Vitality: 10(12 in tager form)
Drama Points:10

TAGER FORM

Attribute Modifications:
   Agility +1/+4
   Perception +2/+4
   Strength -/+1
   Tenacity -/+2
(accounted for in above attribute listings)
Weapons:
   Whips (+1) – These whips most often extend from the forearms
   of the Tager and can be used to entangle opponents.
   Gossamer Bombs (Blinding) – These radiant balls are dropped
   from the air. Wherever they land, they burst in a blinding
   light and everything with 15-foot radius must succeed at a
   Challenging Tenacity Feat Test or lose its next two Actions,
   which can reduce a character’s Actions to zero for the turn.
   Only one gossamer bomb can be fired each turn, but each
   Whisper has an unlimited supply.
Limit Weapon:
Razor Wing (+4) – The Tager’s speed and armor doubles for
the turn of this flying charge attack. This attack still requires
the use of the Fighting skill and can be used to attack as
many targets as are in a reasonably straight line, up to the
Tager’s maximum movement for that turn. This uses all Actions
and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

Regeneration: 1/1
Senses: Broadband Audio, Long Range, Nightvision, Scan, Sonar,
Thermal, X-ray
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Triple), Flight (Triple), Jumping
(Double), Land (Double)

EQUIPMENT
CS-44 'Enforcer' +3 damage, RNG 12/25/45, SHT 2

Will be working on fluff
Fluffy bits done:
FLUFFY:

Appearance:
Max in his human form has short, black hair, narrow gray eyes, and flushed white skin.
He usually wears a smug, confident expression. Even if he's got no reason to be confident. It's a little wierd.
He can usually be spotted in all white and black training clothes.

Personality:
Max is the definition of self-confident, to the point of being foolhardy. While he prefers to let people with bigger, tougher symbiots engage the enemy directly, his definition of safe scouting distance is a lot shorter than average

Background:
Max was born in Los Angeles, to a poor family. He grew up halfway on the streets, and became part of a few gangs. Nothing too serious, until the gang he was with tried to mug the wrong target.
A man in his early thirties, he looked fairly wealthy. What someone like him would be doing in their kind of neighborhood was anyone's guess, but hey, easy pickings, they thought. They would come regret that, for about twenty seconds on average.
As they surrounded the man and closed in on him, he seemed almost completely oblivious, until the gang's leader struck out with a lead pipe. The man transformed into the monstrous abomination that Max would later come to know as the Elib, and struck out, quickly despatching the gang members. Only max escaped.
Later that week he was contacted cautiously by the Eldritch Society, and recruited into their ranks. He took on the Rite of Sacred Union as fast as he could, and entered symbiosis with a Whisper.

ReijiTabibito

Gill, I'll go over the specifics when I can, but for the moment, I've spotted two glaring errors.  Those being the Fighting, Dodge, and Observations skills.  You cannot buy a skill any higher than Adept at character creation.  The last two levels need to be gotten during character creation.

The exceptions to this are your free Language skill and any Feats you might have - for you, this is Language (English), and your Agility and Perception Feats.

AyeGill

ReijiTabibito

Gill, you have on the sheet that you spent 3 cheats to get the extra skill points.  What'd you do with the other 3?

EDIT: Also, did the math for the skill points.  You need to spend 5 Cheats to get that many skills and Assets, not 3.

AyeGill

Whoops. I originally spent three cheats on skills, three on an attribute, but i moved those 3 cheats from the attribute to more skills. looks like i forgot to write that under the skills bar.
also, i must have miscalculated my skill points, since i thought i was a 6 cheats.

using two more skill points

ReijiTabibito

Also, your attributes seem a bit wonky.  You have your bonus to Strength as +2 instead of +1, and your Tenacity bonus as +3 instead of +2.  Also, Tagers need to have a minimum Tenacity of 7.  Also, you've spent 37 attribute points in making your character.  Standard creation is 35, and Humans get a +1 to any Attribute they choose.  Even with that, though, you're still 1 point over.

Wintercat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 20, 2011, 04:18:49 PM
Standard creation is 35, and Humans get a +1 to any Attribute they choose.

Nazzadi got +1 to Agility in turn I believe? Basically, everyone gets 35 points to spread +1 to either any or Agi... though seen some leave their Agi 1 point short on purpose from the 'finishing scores' to stuff it elsewhere..

But guess it matters more when you plan on going over 10 at start-up already.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, that's right.  Standard Nazzadi gets +1 to Agility.  Xenomixes get a different bonus, though - a regular gets to choose either +1 Agility or +1 Tenacity, and Whites get +1 Tenacity.

AyeGill

To be clear: the attributes i've listed are first the attributes in human form, including the modifiers from my symbiont. Then the attributes that change in tager form

Also, they way i interpreted this text:
QuoteThe second group of bonuses already takes the first
into account, so don’t add them again.

Is that the attribute bonus in Tager form are not in addition to the modifiers to human-form stats. This means that my -1 in tenacity, from my starting 7, puts me at 6. The +2 bonus is then not on top of the -1(equaling +1 total), but instead, meaning a +2 on top of my starting score of 7.

The same goes for strength.

ReijiTabibito

>_<  Gill, hate to tell you, but you read the entry wrong.  Whisper Attribute Mod entry appears as such.

Agility +1/+4
Perception +2/+4
Strength -/+1
Tenacity -/+2

So, you permanently add 1 to your Agility in your human form, and 2 to your Perception.  For Strength and Tenacity, that's not a -1, that's a no change.

And ack.  Forgot that you applied the Tager mod bonuses.  Lemme re-do the math.

EDIT:  Gill, assuming that this was your starting stat line:

Agility:   7
Intellect:    5
Perception:   8
Presence:   4
Strength:   5
Tenacity:   7

Your modifications after Tager bonuses should be:

Agility: 8 (11)
Intellect: 5
Perception: 10 (12)
Presence: 4
Strength: 5 (6)
Tenacity: 7 (9)

Is this correct?

AyeGill

That would be correct, yes. I interpreted the - as a minus, for some reason. Stupid me.

Anyways, corrected that.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  Lemme double check the math again one more time before I approve the character.  You spent all your Cheats on Skill Points, right?

Also, if you've got the corebook, you'll need to get gear and equipment.  The Tager description, I believe, says you have a sidearm.  Suggest you check out the pistols in the book and pick one.

Muse

Oh-ho!  Nice, they have augmented reality and LAI! 

Let's see, I need a cool persona for my LAI... 

ReijiTabibito

LAI is usually found aboard NEG military mecha and ships...though I can re-read the tech section and see if having an LAI would be possible for a 'civilian.'

Muse

Look at page 108.  :) 

Second paragraph. 

Artificial Intelligence touches nearly every citizen’s life in some way. Limited Artificial Intelligence (LAI) is standard in nearly every computer system or computerized device and creates a “smart” machine. LAI is not true intelligence, but it does allow computers to recognize casual voice commands, verbally respond to users, and perform basic tasks on their own. Most people wouldn’t know how to use computers if it weren’t for LAI – there simply is no need for your average citizen to physically interface with their machines. LAI can be programmed with a variety of after-market “personalities,” which give computers a semblance of life. People often get attached to their LAI personalities, treating them like pets.

Wintercat

Well, in hindsight that makes the few points spent on computer skill feel a bit silly, but then again the character of mine probably has had more than a normal share of time spent alone so wouldn't be surprised that the character picked it up to keep some connection to the world at large awake, otherwise only attached to the team when time comes to hunt down a foe.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Also, your standard LAI may be bounds above what we have now...but you still can't hack without skill.  :P

Callie Del Noire

Looking through the gear book to see how I get somethigns..not a lot a goodies for civilians. :D

Callie Del Noire

Done (pending GM math checking)

Name: Emerald Anne Dante
Allegiance:  NGE
Profession: Student
Race: White
Virtues:  Imaginative, Self-Confident
Flaws: Insecure

Attributes:

Agility 5
Intellect 8
Perception 6
Presence 6
Strength 3
Tenacity 8

Secondary Attributes:

Action: 1 (2 w/Hyperspeed)
Movement: 4 (7 mph (27/4 ypt) x3 w/Hyperspeed)
Orgone: 13
Reflex:  6 (+1/2 w/ Hyperagility/Hyperspeed)
Vitality: 9

Gear:
Laptop
Wireless Comm unit
  w/ AR Eyepiece
Akira ZX Motorcycle

Skills:
Artist (Song Writing)  2                 
Dodge                      1                 
Education                 2                 
Feat (Agility)             2
Feat (Intellect)          3
Feat (Perception)      2
Feat (Presence)        3
Feat (Strength)         2
Feat (Tenacity)         4
Fighting                    2
Language (Native: English)    4
Literacy                   2
Marksman               1
Misdirect                  2
Observation             2
Parapsychology       2
Performance (Acting) 2
Performance (Singing) 3
Persuade                  2
Regional Knowledge 1
Seduction                2
Stealth                    1

Qualities:
Assets:
-White (4)
-Latent & Erupted Para-psychic (0): Part of White Asset.
-Alluring (1) 1 Level is part of White Asset.
-Internal Clock (1)
-Internal Compass (1)
-Sexy Voice (1)
Drawbacks:
-Addiction (2) Moderate additiction to Alcohol/Tobacco.
-Compulsive Behavior (1), Fixated on hiding White features (Makeup, contacts, ect)
-Dark Secret (2) 'Nazzadi Traitor' Father.
-Oddity: (0) Unusual appearence & bearing (treat as Misfit (4), Watched (3) @ no cost, racial traits as part of White Asset.
-Shadow Walker (3)

Special Abilities
-Nightvision: Sight (black and white) in low light conditions up to 50 yards
-Para-Psychic: Natural born para-psychic (Latent Para-Psychic and Erupted Para-psychic)
-Strong Minded: +4 test bonus to all Fear and Instanity Tests.

Powers
Para-Psychic Powers
Primary School: Somatic
-Hyperagility: Student (+1 to Reflex, +1 to agility)
Insanity Test: Challenging/1 Insanity Point
Load Time: None    Difficulty: Easy
Orgone Initiation Cost: 1 for first hour, Maint Cost: 1 per hour
-Hyperspeed: Adept (x3 Speed, +2 Reflex, 2 Actions/Turn)
Insanity Test: Challenging/1 Insanity Point
Load Time: None Difficulty: Easy
Orgone Initiation Cost: 1 for first hour,  Maint Cost: 1 per hour

Insanity

Experience
Total Experience:           Spent:

Cheats:
+2 -Added Hyperspeed Somatic Power
+2 -Raised Hyperspeed skill to Novice
+2 -Raised Hyperspeed skill to Adept

Appearance:
Shapely and beautiful, Emerald has hidden her white heritage as much as she can using a variety methods with varying levels of success. Her lips are tattooed a normal pink, blue eye color contacts, her hair is typically dyed a platinum blonde and her skin tanned using a chemical treatments. Almost all methods fail under protracted use of her abilities though.
Her body no matter her coloration is that of a very attractive young woman with a noticeable figure and voice that is best described as a 'whiskey rich sultry' that draws notice whenever she speaks.

Personality:  Outgoing and exuberant when she has her 'face' on (the makeup) but tends to withdraw when her 'face' is threatened to be revealed. As a result she tries to avoid use of her abilities when she is out and about.
When she not made up, she tends to be withdrawn and does her best to not draw attention.

Aspirations: "Want do I want out of life? " To be an actress and singer, she is currently studying dramatic arts, creative writing and music with the intent of being a singer/actress. She has had some success in both fields in school as she grew up and tries to downplay her psychic powers as 'superfluous' to her goals. More realistically though she is trying to find a more pertinent role in life, though she is unaware of it.

Motivation:  She's trying to find something in life that would make her feel 'complete'. A justification for her abilities and what it all means. To find some reason for why Fate gave her them. She is just now becoming aware of these questions and the discontent in her life that she had never realized was there. She is trying to find a place in the world where she can be accepted for who and what she is.

Family: Emerald has very little in the way of 'family' since her mother was practically the single survivor of Arkham, Mass. at the beginning of the First Arcanotech War. She staggered from the outskirts wreckage with little or no information of her past. What her mother did during the war, Emerald hasn't ever learned.
She does know that her father was a documented supporter of Field Marshal Kyrsa, though her mother won't explain how she can to be conceived. What little experience she has had with the Nazzadi leads her to believe that she would be ostracized by the majority and quite possibly used as a 'trophy' by her father's remaining supporters so she has kept the secret to herself. Recently she has started looking into the Nazzadi culture though.

Childhood: Born to a single parent, and raised in solitude till she was 6 years old, Emerald exploded into the school scene as soon as she was allowed in public. With the exception of a few displays of her abilities and the mandatory testing by the government she worked hard to be the 'typical schoolgirl' as she learned of it from media. She was a very outgoing and busy girl, with a variety of clubs and hobbies to keep herself occupied though her 'exuberance' did on occasion show her efforts to compensate for the 'otherworldly' air her heritage brought to her surroundings.

Adult Life:  The arrival at college has shown Emerald a much wider world than her prior experiences had led her to believe.  She has already started to develop her physical abilities with active study in dance and physical training, and is starting to develop more confidence in her abilities. She has also discovered college parties and raves, as well as developed an very enthusiastic bi-sexual lifestyle though she hasn't really connected with anyone yet due to her secret.

AyeGill

Muse

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 22, 2011, 12:57:40 PM
Looking through the gear book to see how I get somethigns..not a lot a goodies for civilians. :D

Well, I finally described my computer and it's LAI. 

SargentToughie

You had me at giant robots. Is there still time for me to get on board here?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Kunoichi

There might be, but even if there is, our particular game isn't likely to involve giant robots. ^^;

Anathanasia

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 23, 2011, 04:35:19 PM
There might be, but even if there is, our particular game isn't likely to involve giant robots. ^^;

I wouldn't be so sure about that...  ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Callie Del Noire

AyeGill

ReijiTabibito

Muse

Hey, boss, would it mess you up too have a prelude thread for just in character interaction? 

I know you're busy and don't have time to start this week, I respect that, just throwing the question out there. 

ReijiTabibito

I'll see what I can do on that end.  To note, only the characters in the Eldritch Society pre-game (you who aren't, you know who you are) would be able to interact.

I'll also see if I can't get up a character sheet thread before I start.

Muse

Wintercat

I was starting to wonder already where this game went. No game announcement or anything, there's been no start that I'm unaware of has there?

Did this idea just get left dead in the water?
A&A

Kunoichi

I'm pretty sure Reiji's still planning to run it, he's just either not ready or doesn't currently have the time.

Callie Del Noire

Anathanasia

I'm wondering as well. I've been waiting like two weeks now for Reiji to get back to me on a couple background questions about my character before I finalize her, so at least a heads up on what's going on would be really nice!

Reiji, if you're just busy with exams or something that's cool, just please let us know what the deal is! :P
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

ReijiTabibito

The deal is: The school year is ending, finals are coming up, and trying to design encounters for you guys to fight that won't be ridiculously easy (thanks to an Efreet) or ridiculously hard (thanks to mortals) is kicking my ass.

Kunoichi

Eh, just make stealth a concern. ^^ I'm a big, fiery target for the military when transformed, after all.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 09, 2011, 04:41:07 PM
Eh, just make stealth a concern. ^^ I'm a big, fiery target for the military when transformed, after all.

not to mention wood floors are your enemy! Whoomph! <insert scream>

Or.. fight fighting systems that take out air (Halon clouds) :D

ReijiTabibito

Won't work.  All Tagers are mystically sealed, and have an air supply of two hours.  You guys can survive in freaking space.  And wood?  Who uses that in this day and age?  :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 09, 2011, 07:02:12 PM
Won't work.  All Tagers are mystically sealed, and have an air supply of two hours.  You guys can survive in freaking space.  And wood?  Who uses that in this day and age?  :P

The bad guy who has been using the same house a a lair for decades..and wants to keep the heavy tagers from coming to kill him. :D

Kunoichi

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 09, 2011, 07:43:21 PM
xD Hey, if wood won't work, how about glass?

Or butane container storeage warehouses.. I once played in a cyberpunk game where we had a running gunfight with two players using incendiary bullets and grenades. (we didn't know till the warewolf we were fighting through a pallet of them at us)

Wintercat

Reiji, considering how many are playing more physically adept characters already, I could swift my Sorcerer to a more active class like Tager if you'd prefer people followed that way of playing, or retract my involvement entirely. I hope to see the game going but as it stands I view my character as likely the least combat-worthy.

Anyhow, glad to see teh game seems to be still going on even if there is a reasonable slow-down for the time being, but the schools should be over soon no?
A&A

ReijiTabibito

@Wintercat: Your character is up to you.  My only involvement is to ensure that A, the character is not illegal, and B, the character would work reasonably well in the group (no sociopathic firebugs).

Yes, it is true that with our pack, we've got a lot of high physical characters.  But I would say that in a sense, that enhances a need for a 'smart' character like yours.

Bottom line: change your character if you want, but I think whether or not you do, we need a high-Intellect character.

Callie Del Noire

So we CAN'T make an evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight?

SomeGuy

Part of what's good about Cthulhutech  is that "I hit it with my axe" can't solve every problem, no matter how hard you can hit.

(I'm looking at you D&D, with your "do more damage then the combined HP of every published thing ever" shenanigans)

ReijiTabibito

Especially when you guys are fighting Chrysalis, and the head honcho is Nyarlathotep.

Callie Del Noire

Just need a bigger Multiangled axe. Really.

Would I lie?

(btw.. I'll be over THERE when you try to hit him)

Wintercat

Remind me to book a plane ticket to the other side of the world before you do that...

Trying to show off to beings that can cause your sanity to warp a few shades browner in an instant is not a good way to be spending time in my books.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Actually, except for a couple of lines about supernatural abilities he has in the Ancient Enemies book...it sounds like the Director is just a regular human.

Kunoichi

Well, yes, but he's clearly just an avatar, or some other form of representative.  And a rather public one, at that.  He can't exactly have the ability to sprout fangs and tentacles without the wrong people taking an interest in Chrysalis...

ReijiTabibito

This is also true.  But for some reason, the writers seem to think that some sort of special measure is needed to kill him...I dunno.  It sounds stupid to me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 13, 2011, 03:24:19 PM
Actually, except for a couple of lines about supernatural abilities he has in the Ancient Enemies book...it sounds like the Director is just a regular human.

Till he 'wished him into the cornfield' on one of his powerful NON-human lackeys. One moment the guy was there..the next he .. wasn't ANYWHERE.

He popped him like a soap bubble.  <poip!>

SomeGuy

Here's what I currently have, he's admittedly not much of a people person.
Name: Jack
Allegiance: The Eldritch Society
Profession: Tager (Vampire)

Virtue: Courageous
Flaw: Greedy

--Attributes--
Agility   : 7  (10)
Intellect : 4
Perception: 6  (9)
Presence  : 6
Strength  : 7  (9)
Tenacity  : 10 (13)

-Feats-
Agility   : 3/5
Intellect : 2
Perception: 3/4
Presence  : 3
Strength  : 3/4
Tenacity  : 5/6

--Skills-- 22 Base + 12 from Cheats, 34/34
-Free-
Language       4 (English)
Literacy       2
Regional Knowledge 2

-General-
Athletics       3 : Focused- Flight
Computer      1
Demolitions      3
Intimidate       3 : Focused- Torture
Medicine           1
Observation      3
Occult             1
Pilot                   1
Stealth         3
Survival         3

-Combat Skills-
Dodge         3
Fighting        3
Marksman       3

--Qualities--
-Assets-
Alluring (1) Otherworldly Air
Internal Clock (1)
Internal Compass (1)
Fast (2)
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Tager: Variant (1)

-Drawbacks-
Code (1) I will always avenge a personal insult, a friend of a friend is my friend and the enemy of my friend is my foe
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)
Exagerated Symbiont (2)

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions: 1, or 3 Shifted
Movement: 15 MPH (37/9 ypt)
Orgone: 12 (Can't use any)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 13

Insanity: 1

--Gear--
CS-44 "Enforcer"
And Vampire
Vampire
Type: Aerial Heavy Combat Tager
Somewhere overhead, you hear it. Something pounds at the air. A hideous black thing slides across the stars. Giant membranous wings carry it through the air, beating like those of some mythical fiend. There’s something about it that lets you know it’s only toying with you… The Vampire is in many ways the aerial counterpart to the Nightmare. Like its land-bound brethren, it stands more than a head taller than most other Tagers and is likewise more frightening. It also regenerates at an absurd rate, healing from death’s door to your doorstep in only a few minutes. And just plain overall, its physical gifts are better than most other Tagers. But unlike the Nightmare, massive bat-like wings sprout from the Vampire’s back. Nearly thirty feet from tip to tip, these wings are capable of carrying it high through the sky. They are death from above.

Everything about a Vampire screams pain. Its Exsanguinating Touch literally causes blood to boil, bursting out of the body of its victim.
Those who have been tortured by Vampires typically bear terrible scarring from ruined capillaries and veins rupturing through their skin. The size of pencils but twice as thick, the stingers they fire are covered in inch-long barbs. But their most cruel and terrorizing weapon is the Bloodbath. Dropped from the air, the Bloodbath is a mystical energy bomb that causes internal hemorrhaging to those caught within its blast. Victims cough and vomit blood, while it streams from every orifice or bodily seam – eyes, ears, nose, genitals, anus, and even fingernails. It is a terrible sight to behold.

The Vampire is a sadistic and deadly symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop a need to inflict pain and an unholy thirst for blood combined with the patience of a predator and an arrogance borne of birds of prey.

Size: Medium (8 to 9 ft. tall)
Attribute Modifications:
Agility +1/+4
Perception +1/+4
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity +1/+4
Weapons:
Exsanguinating Touch (+2) – The Vampire’s touch causes blood to boil.
These mystical energies also cause decay (and therefore damage) in inanimate
objects.
Barbs – Range 25/50/150, Damage +3, Shots 1, Infinite Rounds
Limit Weapon:
Bloodbath (+6) – This cancerous crimson force bomb is dropped from the
air. It bursts where it lands, throwing needle-like shards twenty feet in
all directions. Living things caught within internally hemorrhage – they
bleed from their noses, eyes, and ears and cough up blood. In addition
to the damage, anything still alive suffers double the normal Test Penalties
from their wounds for the turn they are hit and the next. This attack
does not damage non-living things, but it does bypass non-mystical armor
(including powered armor or mecha) and does Hybrid Damage to
living things (including Outsiders and other Tagers). This uses all Actions
and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.
Armor: 3/3
Regeneration: 1/3
Fear Factor: 16
Senses: Broadband Audio, Nightvision, Scan, Thermal
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Flight (Double), Jumping (Double), Land (Normal)
Been a while since I did much with Cthulhutech, so might have some stuff wrong.

Fluffy stuff
Some say Jack displays a worrying level of influence from his symbiont, the Vampire. While Tagers as highly respected, many symbiont types lead to unsavory behavior, but Vampires above any other symbiont have disturbing tendencies of ever growing sadism and Jack is even more influenced by his bond then others... a somewhat problematic situation given that as a Tager he is a holy warrior, and is supposed to be a savior.

Jack spends as much time as possible shifted, and greatly enjoys the ability to fly. When not shifted though he appears as a young man with an athletic build and shoulder length blond hair and green eyes. He dresses for comfort, with only minor thought given to appearance.

Callie Del Noire

Tagers seem a bit.. nutso.. but who am I going to throw rocks? I'm a psychic. I know I'll be nuts sooner or later. :D

SomeGuy

Well, it is bonding with a transdimensional horror then having it leech off your soul, more or less.

Of course, there are still things human sized that it'd be suicidal to fight. Desolate Ones are terrifying.

Callie Del Noire

True..and Para-psychics are scary at higher levels. I mean.. pyrokinetics are really really nasty at the expert level. :D

SomeGuy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 17, 2011, 01:32:49 PM
True..and Para-psychics are scary at higher levels. I mean.. pyrokinetics are really really nasty at the expert level. :D

The metamorphosis of Vampires actually specifically mentions under the "defeat six aerial foes of greater or equal power" that para-psychics qualify based on on their level. That's generally the nicest part of metamorphosis, not the easiest, but the nicest.

Metamorphosis isn't really a nice process for anyone though. While some Tagers might make you a different person instead of a worse person (none of them make you a better person) the metamorphosis is nasty for everyone, except Mirage and Whisper.

Vampires get murder/torture, Widows get terrifying people/murder/liquifying and eating the insides of people, Echos get murder/eating people, Infernos get murder/setting someone on fire and watching them burn to death, Shadow get murdering witness who would otherwise be innocent, Revenants gets assassination, Nightmares get murder/forcing people to fail fear tests, and Phantoms get murder.

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Would me bowing out make it easier to set up a more 'tager-centric' game?

ReijiTabibito

Actually, no.  We're going to have non-Tager characters as it is.  I'm just trying to get everything finalized and set up for the first 'episode,' and the fact that the school year just ended, and that I'm doing this for an IRL campaign also doesn't help.  I'll try and have everything ready by the end of the week, I swear.  And get up a character thread and OOC thread before then.

Muse

Callie Del Noire

Wintercat

Its taken a while, and I've gotten pretty involved in other things since the time I created the character for this. I think I might bow out on this since it looks like its not going to happen, but who knows I might be wrong. Anyhow, I apologise but I feel if I keep checking on this thread and seeing no real life, I'm just driving myself down to depressed state over not getting a chance to test out the cool system afterall.

Anyhow, my apologies for all the other players too.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

I'm almost there!  I promise!  With the day off I have on Monday, I'll be ready to run on Tuesday, I swear.

Seaweed

So, wtf is this RP about?

You write nothing about the plot. Nothing about the setting. There is no excerpt of any kind of the story.

You just ask who's interested. I'm interested in the merging of ideas. But on the first page you tell us nothing.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Seaweed on June 05, 2011, 01:03:08 AM
So, wtf is this RP about?

You write nothing about the plot. Nothing about the setting. There is no excerpt of any kind of the story.

You just ask who's interested. I'm interested in the merging of ideas. But on the first page you tell us nothing.

CthulhuTech is an actual RPG.. google it. :D

Seaweed

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 05, 2011, 01:06:48 AM
CthulhuTech is an actual RPG.. google it. :D

What of your story?

Your RP?

I understand its an actual RPG.

But is yours an original or is it simply a copy of another RP?

And if that was the case, why wasn't the link on the first page?

SomeGuy

He's building the game around the characters in the standard setting of Cthulhutech.

Seaweed

Quote from: SomeGuy on June 05, 2011, 01:22:15 AM
He's building the game around the characters in the standard setting of Cthulhutech.

Mkay.

Understood now.

ReijiTabibito

Altair1983

ReijiTabibito

Altair1983

ReijiTabibito

All of them?  Which ones?  We're playing an Eldritch Society game, so if you want full flavor, you'll need the Core, Vade Mecum, Unveiled Threats, and Ancient Enemies.

Altair1983

I was not aware of Veiled Threats and Ancient Enemies ill track them down next. I have  Core and Vade Mecum: the
CthulhuTech Companion.

ReijiTabibito

Okay, well, you've got those two...we're doing an Eldritch campaign.  Do you have an idea for your character?

Altair1983

Yes, A tager possibly Going Mirage or Whisper Still havent decided yet as for race Leaning towards the White Xenomix and profession is still being decided. Also some of the concept I have is a tager that hides in plain site and owns a resort that specializes in Comfort and Relaxation and also serves as a place that tagers can come to get some rest or have a day job if the order deems that appropriate.

ReijiTabibito

Whites, because of their inherent Para-psychic nature, cannot be Tagers.  Just thought you should know.

Altair1983

Alright Good To know didnt see that in the right up but i kinda skimmed it so race is still being decided.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Altair1983 on June 11, 2011, 06:02:53 PM
Alright Good To know didnt see that in the right up but i kinda skimmed it so race is still being decided.

That and there is already a White in the mix. :D

Just saying since they are kind of rare..

Hi.. White & Girl Victim. :D

Muse

We also seem to have a disproportionate number of Taggers. 

Reiji, have I missed something because I failed to book mark it? 

ReijiTabibito

Nope.  The OOC and Cast thread are all that's there.  I'm working on the OP for the game thread.

And it's 'Tagers.'

And for an ES game, you're supposed to have a lot.