News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A World for Lost Gods (Game Over)

Started by RedPhoenix, September 26, 2016, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

PLAYING GOD

GODS
  • You are allowed ONE action per turn.
  • To make an action, make a post saying what you are trying to do and then roll a d20 (see below for details on how to roll).
  • There FIVE turns per age. Once all five turns are done, the next group of Gods rotates in.

SPECTATORS
  • If you aren't currently a god (meaning you are not an active god in the current age), you are a spirit! You may be meddlesome or helpful!
  • Once per TURN you may INCREASE or DECREASE a God's roll by 1.
  • To do so, simply make a post indicating which God you are targeting and whether you are helping or hindering them.
  • You may change your mind on this as much as you like up until I post that the turn is being resolved.
  • Each turn you do this, you bump up your spot on the waiting list by adding +5 to your roll.

Example:
Quote from: youI want to give RedPhoenix -1!

HOW TO ROLL

Either
  • Say "Roll For Me" And I will roll the d20 for you!

Or:
  • Go to Dicebot
  • In "Character" Put in the name of your God
  • In "Send To" put 8112 (this will send ME the result! If you don't do this, it doesn't count!)
  • In "Dice" put 1
  • In "Sides" put 20
  • Leave everything else blank except an optional comment if you want
  • Press "Roll Dice"
  • Copy Paste the Results!

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

RedPhoenix

Gods of the First Age

(Oversight)
Name: Huehehahol
God Of: Tricks
Materials: Springs, Prisms & Canids
Roll: Result: 98

(BAMF)
Name: Undar
God Of: Water
Materials: Glass, Chalices, Salt
Roll: 94

(Krys)
Name: Tiāncái
God Of: the Spark
Materials: minds (through dreams and visions), fae & the light in darkness
Roll: 91

(LeSane)
Name: Vinayaka
God Of: Wisdom
Materials: A Prophet, Magic, and Iron
Roll: 78

(Blythe)
Name: Marux
God Of: Evil
Materials: Wine, Snakes, Rubies
Roll: 46

Next in Line

(Ritsu)
Name: Riyah
Deity Of: Nature
Materials: Oak, Mirrors, Cheetah
Roll:Riyah rolled: 1d100 Result: 75

(Ironwolf85)
Name: Ivanna, Iva for short
God Of: SCIENCE!
Materials: Metal, Lightning, Machinery
Roll: 58 (+15) = 73

(Nintentoast)
Name: Amaltheia
God Of: the forests
Materials: sapling, axe, apple
Roll: 30

(Mister Ugly)
Name: The Raven Queen
God Of: Birds
Materials: Ravens, Magic, Sparkly Things [for ravens magic is actually sparkly and twinkles]
Roll: 14 (+10) = 24

Spirit Participation

Ironwolf85 - +15
Mister Ugly - +10

RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

In the Beginning . . .

The Creatrix happily took in the harmony of the universe. From all corners of existence planets spun and civilizations prospered, and crumbled, peoples rose and fell, gods helped and hindered them, and all was right.

But as time passed she began to sense disharmony. Something was wrong! There were Gods in need of a planet! Some had been cast out of their home worlds, some had outgrown or destroyed them, some were mortals who deserved godhood of their own, some had simply come into existence and not found a world to call home! And so the Creatrix sought to right this wrong.

And so she put out a call to the Lost Gods to come to the world she would build for them. And the call stretched into the cosmos and the gods answered. But not only Gods responded, spirits of all shapes and sizes came too, intrigued at the call of the Creatrix. Surely they wouldn't meddle too much?

Ignoring that for now, the Creatrix sensed the spirits of the Lost Gods, she willed a world into existence! A place where lost gods could settle for a time and then move on to other things. And so it began . . .

RedPhoenix

...a world was born!

Through the Creatrix's magic the world was created! It formed as most any other world did, through metal and rock forming its core and rapidly progressed ages carving mountains and hills from its surface. Life formed, familiar to many on many other worlds, but also unique as the whispers of the Lost Gods poured over Creation.

The main land of the world was split into five distinct areas, all populated with distinct peoples.

In the north, the Coiled Groves, a lush and verdant tropical forest where the trees and vines grew in an unusual, spring-like fashion, taut and tightly wound. Snakes filled these lush forests, of all varieties and sizes. Some possessed hypnotic eyes, others whispered and called in voices, mimicking both human and non-human prey. The people of these lands were clever survivors, taking the poison from the magical snakes to use as weapons of their own. They were split into many different peoples, with no central unification. All claimed that the spirits of the world favored them above all others! All prayed that a God would come and show them the way! Perhaps one would?

South of them, stretched the endless harshness of the Desert of Glass. The sand was pierced with jagged outcroppings of polished glass of many colors, and while the display was brilliant and beautiful it did little to support the nomadic dwellers of these lands. They eked a meager existence from what they could find, wandering after the rains and following them from glass pool to glass pool of caught rainwater. However they could not stay in any one glass oasis for long, as the water would quickly take on the properties of the glass it collected in, driving those who drank from it mad with delusions and nightmares. The desert peoples prayed that a God would come and deliver them from this endless race before nightmares. Would one answer?

To the east, the Vines of Destiny grew in think clumps and were farmed for their grapes by the peoples of the land. The grapes were made into delicious wine, wine that not only spread joy but also gave visions. Visions of the future, and what was yet to come! Not all of the visions made sense, some drove the imbibers to delight, others to despair. Those who were most affected were lost to the wine entirely, changing in their shape. Ears became pointed, forms became wild, and these so called fae vanished into the thickest forests, treating their former kindred as a mix of prey and amusement. The humans lived a life of seeming bliss and joy, but were ever under the threat of ill visions and their fae neighbors. Would a god step in and save them? Or help the Fae wrest control form their former kin?

South of that, the Badlands. The rocky lands were rich in resources, but that was little comfort to the primitives that dwelt there, as in this age the value of rocks and crystals meant little. By day they would retreat from the hot sun into the caves below, living off of insects and bats and what else they could catch. At night they would emerge into the cooler air, marveling at the fireflies that glimmered beautiful in the night sky of the land. Years of this had left them squat, dirty, and more resembling dwarves or goblins than proper men. They valued stoicism and independence, and did not pray outloud for a God, but no doubt would welcome any aid in coming to understand their land may be harsh, but was also rich.

Finally, the southwestern peninsula, was the land of the Shimmerfang. The hellhounds by any other name that hunted this area were by far the dominant predators, the pathetic humans that cowered from them a distant second when it came to the food chain. The shimmerfangs were as large as wolves, with skin as tough as gemstone, a glittering red in hue like a blood ruby, with eyes that split the light into rainbows. They seemed to hunt only living things, and favored human above all else. Very little was known about them. The people prayed that something would end this plague. They preyed for relief! But years passed and nothing came! Perhaps now a God might have mercy on them? Or relish in their torture?

The Creatrix was content at her creation, and was sure the Gods would take good care of it! Pressing matters required her attention elsewhere and she vanished from this part of creation, likely never to be seen again!

The Five Gods that had answered her call the quickest suddenly found themselves on this new world, and ready to leave their mark!

Huehehahol, Undar, Tiāncái, Vinayaka, and Marux were their names and for the time being, the world was theirs!

The First Age Begins!

Okay Gods, you can start posting your actions now! Once each god has posted their first action I will resolve them all. Your actions in this stage should pick one group of people to target and influence, or one area they live in. Who you target and what you do, whether you all target separate or the same people or a mix of the two is entirely up to you! Begin! :)

Blythe

Marux looked upon the world with great pleasure. It was a fine and interesting world the Creatrix had provided, and he intended to spread his godly gift to the mortals of it. Some mortals might not call Evil a gift, but Marux thought of it as personal liberation. Evil was taking what one wanted regardless of consequence to others, and that was a manner of freedom to him. Yes, there were rules to it, but it was certainly a great deal more interesting to him than morality or kindness.

In particular, he was most pleased with the Vines of Destiny. With a wave of his dark and clawed deific hand, he used his power to try to alter the joy-giving and vision-inspiring wine.

From now on, he wished the wine to only inspire vice in people, no joy or visions.

Rolling & Stuffs

No idea if I'm doing this right--first time I've played a game like this! Feel free to thwap me if I'm doing it wrong.

Marux wants to change the properties of the wine made from the Vines of Destiny so that people who drink it are inspired to do evil things rather than get joy or visions.

Summary: At 2016-09-27 20:56:25, Blythe (uid: 42233) rolls: 1d20 Result: 11

Full Result: Blythe rolled: 1d20
Comment: Marux rollin
Result: 11,
Total: 11

RedPhoenix

No thwapping necessary, that's a perfectly fine action! :)

BAMF

Though water can be fickle, today Undar's goal is to create fresh water geysers in the desert.

Roll

Roll for me!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RedPhoenix

Roll Result: Undar rolled: 1d20
Comment: Rolling for BAMF
Result: 6,
Total: 6

:)

Oversight

"I exist," chortled Huehehahol, and so the first Lie was spoken. It was a fine lie, fooling even Creatrix into creating a world just for them. Just for them. It was Huehehahol's personal truth (a lie by any other name.)

They took to four legs and walked along the periphery of their gift, surveying their world three times over until they were old, and grey, and slow. So slow that when they reached the Shimmerfangs the third time, a hound chased the Runt in God's Clothes, and bit unto their tail.

In retaliation, the Trickster God plucked the prisms from their head and ran away, far swifter than their hoary whiskers would suggest. He sought to hide each eye in a smooth stone. He came upon two such stones, sitting side by side, covered in wild hairs. And so, by no design of his own, attempted to give man and woman of the Shimmerfangs a third, prismatic eye, and become known to them.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Hope I'm not overstepping!

Action: Switching the prism eyes from the hounds to the people of the Shimmerfangs.

Summary: At 2016-09-28 02:16:06, Huehehahol (uid: 46651) rolls: 1d20 Result: 16

Full Result: Huehehahol rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 16,
Total: 16

RedPhoenix

Krys

The world, a playground for gods. That's like some would see it. But not so Tiāncái. For her, it was an ocean of possibilities. Many of them dark, others too light to look at them. But there was one kind of people that seemed to have what it took to become her children.

Before the other goods could corrupt them, to good or bad, Tiāncái hid the fae in her own cloak. Sending them dreams of a place deep in the forest. A place free of the corrupting vines, a small light in the darkness. Hidden away from those blinded by greed and their vices, but also from those blinded by zeal and overly "good intentions". It was only open a small place, but large enough for those that belonged to the Elysium. There she waited for them, took her time to teach and form her children, mold them in the shape that fitted their spirit.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Full Result: Tinci rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 14,
Total: 14
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

RedPhoenix

@Krys - I'm going to have to say that that is several different actions. Creating a demiplane, sealing it off from everything else, moving an entire population there, and affecting the memory of other living things are all separate actions. You can create a place for the fae to slip away to and let them know about it if you like as one action, but it wouldn't be sealed off from anything else necessarily at this point. If you want to do that, give me a description of what sort of place you are making!

Ironwolf85

Iva moved through the world, mortal once, of another world. Protected by science profound and logic unyeilding. "Huehehahol. Another Aether dweller come to prey their whims upon the mortals, and these vines... their wine is sick. Foul." She remembered her own actions, her rule in another world cemented by ruthless use of her genius in both ethical and unethical ways. She chuckled thinking about the old Chariot of the Gods argument. That gods were actually just beings from another world mortals could not understand.

It was a Charoit she was content to ride in.

So she went among the people of this Aether drifting world. To the Squat men, amused and delighted with their independence. But their society, their culture, was patriarchal.
So she went among them as a young man, bright eyed, fox. Claiming to be driven out by the souring vines, a not quite fae folk. Intelligent and innovative. It was a simple thing to explain the scientific method to them, to point them towards metallurgy beyond bronze and brass. "Inventing" the water wheel and pump to let them drain the caves below.
She'd been delighted when the insular deep-folk. They invented their own repeating crossbow, and primtive explosives for mining all on their own.
It was no major change, no great godly gift. It was talking with primitive smiths, drinking mushroom wine with tribal leaders. The Great Vertex was more akin to an Aristotle or Plato, and not a god. He behaved as such.

The concepts of Logos, Ethos, and Pathos (Logic, Ethics, Passion) are introduced.

Spirit effects
Badlands Deepfolk advance to somthing akin to iron age china instead of tribal
+1 to Undar next turn. The pump and irrigation were invented, water can go places it couldn't before!
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

RedPhoenix

@Ironwolf85 - You aren't currently a god in this age. There are five gods per age and the five that we started with are currently active. You can participate as a spirit if you like and bump one of their results by +1 or -1 but acting as a God itself waits until your Age dawns. :)

Ironwolf85

Oh I was bumping all but two for next time, doing the whole spirit thing as a philosopher.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on September 29, 2016, 10:05:47 AM
Oh I was bumping all but two for next time, doing the whole spirit thing as a philosopher.

That's fine but you are limited to one per turn. So pick one god's action that you want to give a +1 or -1 to! :)

Ironwolf85

got it, changed the status

LeSane

Such tranquility fell upon him as the world was created. Beauty in its design filled him with tremendous amounts of determination to make it equal if not better than what was laid out before him. Vinayaka's attention went to the desert of glass and how they they suffered. He blessed them with Magic which in turn linked them to the world. This magic comes from  the home of souls; The Rukh. While those nomads who wander and struggle to live is now forever in tuned. When they pass away,  they go back to one place, This is Rukh. When humans die, their bodies return to the earth. This magic is the energy generated by the Rukh. All living beings will have this power inside their bodies.

Roll for me
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

RedPhoenix

Roll Result: Vinayaka rolled: 1d20
Comment: Rolling for LeSane
Result: 9,
Total: 9

And that's all the Gods of the First Age posted! I will resolve the turn after work today. Spirits have until then to modify any one roll by +1 or -1!

RedPhoenix

The Badlands and Coiled Groves were untouched by the first coming of the Gods. The natives there continued in their ways, blissfully or perhaps piteously unaware that elsewhere, the Gods had arrived on this world!

In the land of the Shimmerfangs Huehehahol successfully plucks the prismatic eyes from the ruby-hellhounds and finds a pair of the low peoples that hide from the beasts. They were hiding in a crevice, waiting for the bright of day when their eyes were a match for the rainbow glimmers of the hellhounds. When they saw the four legged god approaching they tried to flee, but already trapped they could not resist as Huehehahol blessed them.

They were stunned for a moment, and then suddenly they started to laugh.

"I see!" The man said. "I see!" The woman agreed. "We get it!" They both begun to chuckle harder, falling to the ground. When they were able to stand again they glanced about with their three eyes, seeing so much for the first time. "We can hide form the hounds! Craft traps to injure them! Perhaps even hunt them?"

They glanced at their savior, who had given them not only sight but also in-sight and smiled at his old grey form.

"I am called Troika, great Ha..haha.hehehe..." The man laughed, clearing his throat.

The woman tried, "And I am Trois, Huheeheeheahaaa" The two burst into laughter and had to compose themselves.

"Huehehahol!" They said together. "We see you! We know you! How may we serve you, great one?"

In the Desert of Glass Undar's touch, assisted by a helpful spirit, caused the ground to rumble. Although he had tried to bring more, his efforts were partially successful. Geysers burst through the desert at a few locations.

The nomads who found this water flowing from the ground were stunned. The water that burst from the earth was not corrupted by being held in the mind-altering glass and was safe to drink. The nomads began to shape the glass they found into chalices to gather up the safe water, rejoicing in their discovery. Small settlements of sedentary peoples began to form around the geysers, peaceful for the time being.

"What miracle has caused this?" They wondered outloud. "How can we repay you?" They called to the skies. Would there be an answer?

But as the people settled another change came over them. With more time to contemplate the earth around them they began to understand what the earth that was untouched by the altered glass could be used for, and how the earth welcomed their dead. The power that came with this they realized was in their grasps as a people. Over time they began to learn to cast simple magics, cleansing patches of earth, shaping the glass shards that stuck out from the desert, and even simple attempts to purify water. Those who understood this power greater than others became the first shamans of the world, leaders of their tribes.

The desert nomads began to imagine that there were gods, and in their ignorance assumed that the same one had provided them the blessing of the geysers and the blessing of magic. With some ability to understand the spirit realms the shamans began to chant to the great "Vinyundar" dancing in praise of their name and thanking them for their magical and aquatic blessings. 

Meanwhile in the Vines of Destiny much occurred!

The fae began to dream. They saw a place deep within the sylvan groves of the forests and began to move there, drawn by an inexorable purpose they could not explain. There the vines did not grow and the entrances were hidden by thickets and heavy forest. They found abundant fruits and water and cleared their mind of the influence of the grapes. And when they arrived at the center they found the goddess that awaited them.

"Tiāncái!" They exclaimed, knowing her name from the dream that had been sent. "You are real!" They could not believe their luck, the few that had tried to tell themselves this must be a different form of grape-wine dream felt relief at seeing their goddess made whole. Free of the grapes, the fae were weakened in strength and mystical power, but were much clearer of mind. With access to the nutrients and safety of Elysium they would grow, but how would their goddess mold them?

But outside of Elysium things became quite different. The fae that did not answer the call, or who were distracted along the way, although fewer in numbers than those that traveled to Elysium, were greatly influenced by the now blood-red wine. They grinned cruelly as their features sharpened and their temperaments darkened. They left their hidden groves to interact openly with the humans.

They were cruel, vicious, and loved to inflict pain and torment upon their now hapless captives. Rather than resist and fight, the humans, also touched by the altered wine, sought to avoid pain through serving the fae and helping them in their quest to manipulate, use, and debase. The blood fae, taking the name of the new wine, scattered into small courts, each ruling a throng of groveling human subjects, all of whom would gladly stab each other in the back for the favor of their lord or lady.

When the blood fae lifted their stone chalices, filled with wine both colored and flavored with the dark red juices of the humans they ruled over, they had no name to thank for their new power. So they praised themselves.

Undar (with a boost from a spirit) creates a few scattered geysers in the Desert! The people there have begun to settle around the geysers.

Vinayaka has awakened the power of magic within the nomads! While rare, certain shamans have shown potential and are learning to cast simple magics of the earth and water.

Huehehahol has done very well and created two blessed beings, Trois and Troika. They have sight and insight and wish to know how to serve their savior!

Tiāncái has created a safe haven for just over half of her people in the thick heart of the Vines. They are free of the influence of the Vines and for now at least, are safely hidden there.

Marux has corrupted the vines. The slight minority of fae that did not venture to Elysium have begun to lord over the humans in a cruel and sadistic fashion, becoming primitive despots over an increasingly manipulative and violent people.

Time for the second round of actions! :)

Blythe

Marux liked the blood fae greatly and wanted them to grow into their full potential. So he sent them a divine vision demanding that they migrate to the torturous Badlands and take it for their own!

Uhm

I'm a moron--forgot to send it to your ID the first time. This (a 13) is my initial roll that I forgot to ping your ID on, Red, and this (a 15) is the one I sent to your ID when I did it right the next time. I totes understand if you make me take the smaller roll. Disclosing both rolls in the interest of fairness since I derped.

Marux's action: have the bloodfae invade the Badlands

RedPhoenix

Only the roll you send me counts, doesn't matter if you have a higher or lower one before, so 15 it is. :D

Ironwolf85