News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sister (silverroses2009 and Sure)

Started by Sure, July 06, 2009, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sure

It was an ordinary day for Hunter, it was a weekend, which was good because it meant he didn't have to do anything. He had slept in late and now he had a pair of headphones on as he watched T.V. His parents had always asked him why and he had always made excuses but the real reason was simple enough. Headphones were a flashing neon sign saying; 'I am not paying attention to you.' That tended to make people leave him alone. And it was subtle enough that people were, more often than not annoyed. Yes, Hunter was a master at getting people to leave him alone, as the T.V. droned on he reflected on this fact with a sense of pride.

He changed the channel to something more interesting when the doorbell rang. He looked over at the door as if questioning why it was disturbing him. It didn't help and he sighed and got up. He adjusted his headphones, even if he had to pay attention to someone the effect was still present in the back of their minds, he felt. He walked up to the door and cracked it, not removing the chain so it couldn't open all the way. He saw a girl with a suitcase. His first reaction was that she was a salesman but then something in her manner told him she wasn't. He said, with dry sarcasm, "What are you, my long lost sister, come to freeload off me?"

darkvamplips

Crystal was a girl with a lot of energy unlike her brother which did not do much. That was the only thing that was different between the two. When she walked her blond hair bounced since it was quite long. All she needed was a place to stay because she came to find her brother but had enough money in case she could not find a job for a while. She pressed the button from the door bell and listened to it ring through the house. Her eyes fell upon her brother that probably did not know that she was his sister. "I need to talk to you about something." She asked looking at the house number to make sure she was at the right house.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Sure

Hunter looked at the girl standing there, looking at his house number, and saying she needed to talk to him about something. He said, vaguely guessing her subject, "... Jesus?" He shook his head for a moment and said, "If you're here to preach, or to sell me something, you should know I make it a policy not to listen to people who do house to house pitches." He paused a moment to let that sink in and then said, "So, if you're still convinced you're not wasting our time, what is it?"

darkvamplips

Crystal winced at the tone in his voice and how could he expect her to be talking about Jesus. "No it's a family matter. Hunter? I'm your twin sister and I have papers to prove it." She said not taking a step toward him but handing him the papers for it.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter took the papers and looked at them, as much as they seemed authentic Hunter was not really a master bureaucrat. He spent longer pretending to examine them than he actually examined them, occasionally peeking at the girl suspiciously for effect. He wanted to see if she squirmed. He handed her back the papers. "Well, everything seems to be in order. You're my sister. Congratulations." He paused a moment, as if that was all there really was to say on the matter. After an awkward silence he said, with a sigh, "So, why are you here?"

darkvamplips

Crystal did not flinch or squirm like he hoped she would. She took the papers and put them back in her backpack she was carrying along with two suitcases which looked heavy. "My step parents died and I have no place to stay." She hoped he would allow her to stay with him for a little while.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter saw her heavy bags but didn't consider offering to help. She was asking to live with him. He sighed, They always want something. Everyone always wants something. He closed the door, undid the chain, and opened it again, standing aside so she could come in. Once she was inside he said, "Open the suitcases." Hunter, always suspicious, wanted to make sure both that she had all the belongings she would need to make her story plausible and that there wasn't empty room for her to steal stuff and abscond into the night with.

darkvamplips

When he shut the door she thought he was not going to allow her to stay but then she heard the lock click open. "Why do you want to know what's in there?" There was some personal stuff and she did not want to show her panties and bra's to her brother.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter sighed and crossed his arms, as if it were a major annoyance to explain his demands. "I could tell you all the reasons I don't trust you at this moment, but it would be simpler if you just open the suitcases. I know plenty of people who have been screwed over by blood and I'm far too cautious to become one of them. Actually, it would be a pretty good scam. Come in claiming your my long lost sister then cram your suitcases with my stuff and sneak out. On that note, if you're staying I'll be taking the suitcases after you've unpacked. You can keep the backpack for school." He had another thought, "How old are you, anyway? What grade?"

darkvamplips

When he told her why there was a pain of rejection and she felt he hated her. Yeah she came into his life as a twin sister and that was big news but to not trust her? "Claiming? You read the papers I am your twin sister. You know what I could just leave." She said not wanting to be a burden or go through a lot of trouble over this simple little thing. Maybe she should just leave.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter shook his head, trust was not something that came easily to him and this was suspicious under normal circumstances. He said, "Actually, I doubt you can. If you could find somewhere decent to live permanently, why seek out someone you've never seen before? Who you know nothing about?" He stepped out of the doorway, however, giving her a clear shot to the door. If this was the end of this then Hunter would be disappointed at wasted time, but little else. "As a piece of free advice, papers can be faked. Just like emotions."

darkvamplips

"Would I look like someone that would lie about something like this?" She said looking back to her car and then thinking that she should just leave. "Looks like I am not wanted. Don't worry I'll find a hotel and then be out of here tomorrow morning." All she wanted to do was have somewhere to stay. Picking up one of her suitcases she turned around and pulled it slowly to the car.

My request thread:

Sure

When she asked if she looked like someone who would lie he said, "If liars looked like liars we'd never believe them, now would we?" When she said she'd find a hotel and leave in the morning, the question dawned on his mind of where she could possibly have to go if her step parents were dead. All the same, he said in a voice clearly doubting her ability to succeed, "Good luck." When she slowly walked out to her car with a suitcase, Hunter took the other one and took it outside, leaving it on his stoop. He doubted she could find a hotel right now, there was some big event happening in town and that generally meant the few hotels were booked up. Before he closed the door, he said, "A word of advice. It's illegal to sleep in your car here."

darkvamplips

Even though her parents were dead they had left her some money and she had some saved up. Hearing those words about calling her a liar and the other things made her feel low. When the door slammed in her face she turned around and looked at it. A few tears slid down her cheeks as she managed to pull the suit case to the car and then started on the second one.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter looked at the clock after closing the door. He had somewhere to be, as troublesome as it was. He took a black studded coat down and put it on. It was too worn to be fully black anymore, and he had chosen the color purely because it didn't seem dirtier as easily. He opened the door, stepped out, and locked it. He put the keys into his pocket and walked to the sidewalk as she was pulling the suitcase to the rear of her car. He looked at her puffed up eyes and said, "Don't cry." It was more of an order than any kind of sympathy.

darkvamplips

Did he even care about how she was feeling? How could she not cry after her parents died and now the only blood related relative turned her down. "Why do you care?" She put the last suitcase in the car and got in the drivers seat. Where was she going to stay? Sighing she put her seat belt on and shut the door.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter shrugged, he started to walk along the sidewalk towards another destination altogether. To Hunter, their relation meant little, he reasoned that, even if it was real, they had never known each other. She was not a special existence the way his real... and Hunter's mind defended itself by immediately switching to something random. He wondered how Neil was doing? Hadn't seen him in months. It occurred to turn around and watch her leave so she didn't break into his house or something, and he did so.

darkvamplips

When he started walking away she could not help it the tears came down and she knew why he turned around. Taking a deep breath she turned on the ignition and pulled away from the car. Now she was heading down the road that he started. She had no idea where a hotel was or anything.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter saw her driving by crying and he thought, That can't be safe. He turned around and continued to walk down the sidewalk. His destination wasn't far, just about a block or so down under a bridge, a gentle slope leading down to the river bank the bridge crossed. He sat down on a broken column underneath the bridge and just out of sight. He looked around, he was the only one here, which, to him, just meant that he was the first one there. He did live the closest, after all.

darkvamplips

It all happened so fast and she could not see so she headed toward the other side of the bridge. Seconds later she was in the water and she struggled to get out of the car nothing worked. The impact caused her to hit her head after trying to get out of the car and knocked her unconscious. Now her head was under water.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter was waiting on the bridge when he heard a screach and then something breaking and then a splash in the water. He just kind of stared at the splash and then it registered it was a car. And he recognized the car. Who the hell taught her to drive? He took off the coat and immediately waded into the water and then started swimming. He reached the car, kicked in the window, and reached into the sinking car, unbuckling her seatbelt and pulling her out. He was surprised at how well he was doing this but didn't stop to think of that for fear he would suddenly lose whatever he had going. A few moments later he was on the surface with her, and a short time after they were on the shore. He laid her out face up and stood up himself, "What the hell was that?"

darkvamplips

The last thought that went through her mind before passing out was her brother. She was knocked out instantly and that left her mouth open and now she was not breathing. Surprisingly enough she was not very heavy and her head fell to the side when he laid her down. No gasp or anything.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter looked over at her, she wasn't breathing. Well, his sister was nothing if not troublesome. Maybe they were related, he thought, as he kneeled next to her and pushed her nose closed with one hand. He used the other to open her mouth and he breathed into it, closing it when he was done, opening again to breath again. He was copying it straight out of a t.v. show, so he didn't know if he was doing it right, but it was something.

darkvamplips

Her mouth moved very easily and her lips were a pale color. Not quite blue but pale enough to make her look like she needed air. The first bit of air was a little struggle against the water in her lungs but eventually made it down her throat causing her chest rise. When he closed her mouth the air escaped through her nose and then he breathed again. A bit of water trickled out of her mouth.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter moved her head to the side. Well, that had worked surprisingly well. He wasn't sure what he did now. He looked up at the damage to the bridge. He guessed any money she might have had would be pretty much gone now. Along with her belongings. He looked down at her soaked clothes, which didn't look like they were in good shape either. The river wasn't exactly clean. He sighed, well, this would be awkward looking. He took her and swung her so she was over his back, and began to walk back towards his house. Even Hunter wasn't paranoid enough to believe someone would almost kill themselves like she had just done for a score, particularly because he had nothing she could steal to make up for the loss of a car.