Reaching the home front...an interest check

Started by dokturok, March 05, 2015, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dokturok

I would like to do a non-adult roleplay that takes place starting in 1942 with a young boy barely out of high school going off to war in the United States Army Air Force.  He has a childhood friend who is the "All-American girl next door." The two grew up together and never once, never once even thought about being anything more than friends.  They begin writing to each other starting with his basic training, going through his movement overseas, he feels like she is the only one he can talk to about losing comrades in air raids and it is through these letters that, by the end of the war, they have found they haven fallen in love.

Let me know if you are interested. (Women writing as women only please.)

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

PennySludt

i'll take a number behind Ket, since i do actually have about a thousand RPs already, but it sounds very intriguing nonetheless! :)
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

dokturok

I am flattered at the swift replies! I just wanted to say that those figures I used were in today's (2015) dollars in order to drive home the massive increase in pay.

Ket

To answer your question, I typically only do character pics. I have no issue with using setting pics, but when I do I tend to leave out description of them in my posts, because there is a photo to refer to.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

dokturok

Ket -

Sounds great. I've been a little busy with work lately but I would love to "write letters to the home front" with you.

Ket

Okies. Would you like to start it off since it's your idea? Her name is Evelyn.

dokturok

let...

I have sent my first letter. It is in the non-adult storytelling section under "Reaching the Home Front" Look forward to hearing from you!

PennySludt

dokturok, you'll need to ask an admin to move your story to the non-adult roleplay forum. where you have it is for solo stories :)
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

AnnieSatin