News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Camp Half-Blood (Started; seeking more players!)

Started by Ariel, June 23, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

No worries. I overlook things all the time. ^^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aiden

When its convenient to you! -Teases-

The Golden Touch

Red Stella

Quote from: Ariel on June 26, 2014, 11:43:31 PM
HEY.  >:(

How to make a character sheet? Or to make the character her/himself? Make them a brat. ::)

A brat, huh?  Hmm...

Question: newly "claimed" people are showing up at camp, is that right?  If so, would a 16 year old necessarily have had a clue they were different until the surprise? 

Aiden

That depends on you.

All Demigods are wired to read/understand Greek. So they have "Dyslexia" when it comes to English. Certain kids, like Athena's overcome it easily when they are young.

For most of their early lives, children go to school and everything. At around age 12 and up, as they begin to mature, their begin to "smell" godly. A scent that attracts monsters. Satyrs (protectors) are tasked with finding them and taking them to camp. Some children are never found until it is too late and they are killed.

(The life of a demigod is cruelly short, very few make it past thirty)

As I mentioned, some are not found or in an area that no monsters live in, so they can go on living but ALL demigods feel a calling for something else, a life of adventure or a life of whatever it is your godly parent is.

Example- Sons of Hephaestus love to work on cars. So tend to want to be mechanics or engineers/builders.

Children of Aphrodite love fashion or interior design.

Children of Apollo are beachhead/surfer types, love sunbathing and ranged sports.

Some parents are aware of their godly children and arrange to take their kids to camp half blood at a certain age, others prefer to hold onto them no matter the cost for whatever reason. It puts the child and parent in danger, or it can also damage the child, holding them back.

You can play your character how ever you wish, with no knowledge of Greek gods and such. But at some point, (unless the character is really weak) monsters will catch their scent and start to hunt them.

I hope that helps.

Also not all kids are "claimed" when they arrive at the camp. They might have a vision, parent tells them or a satyr finds them and takes them to camp.

Gods claim their children when the child "prove" themselves to their parent. Many kids go unclaimed for years and years.

In the books- Percy saw this and was mad at the gods for letting their children go unclaimed and he demanded they take more responsibility with their children. At least revealing who their parent is so they can move in with their halfblood siblings.

Red Stella

Ariel

A Avatar Request and Celebrity Claimage thread has been made! You can see it and read more information here!

*starts working on a character sheet index*
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Aiden

Quote from: Red Stella on June 27, 2014, 09:57:33 PM
Thank you, Aiden.  :)

Hoped it helped.

Both Ariel and I have read all the books.

Well I have not finished the latest one, because I am waiting for the final book before I read them in one shot.

CurvyKitten

Oh how I miss camp Jupiter, it was one of the first group games that I join on E. I made so many newbie mistakes...lol I shouldn't...I really probably shouldn't....~tries to drag her muse away~

Juggtacular

C'moooooon. Do it. You know you want to.

Snake

I'm in it and I'm still in character creation mode. :3

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 28, 2014, 09:04:14 PM
C'moooooon. Do it. You know you want to.

I do...and your not helping me behave :P

Juggtacular

-gooses- Come be naughty at Camp Half-Blood.  >:)

Ariel

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 28, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
Oh how I miss camp Jupiter, it was one of the first group games that I join on E. I made so many newbie mistakes...lol I shouldn't...I really probably shouldn't....~tries to drag her muse away~

You know you want to...
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

The Golden Touch

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 28, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

Woman, you must! I am here, Aiden is here... The group must gather!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 28, 2014, 09:13:41 PM
-gooses- Come be naughty at Camp Half-Blood.  >:)

Me naughty...no...<,<...>.>

Quote from: Ariel on June 28, 2014, 09:19:16 PM
You know you want to...

I can't lie...

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 28, 2014, 09:29:25 PM
Woman, you must! I am here, Aiden is here... The group must gather!

BAH....and...OK you win...you evil tempters you :P

The Golden Touch

Aiden

The Golden Touch

No! Its mine!

We've almost got atleast one person per Cabin! Excited to see more people join.

CurvyKitten

Now now....it was a group effort LOL (I swear that sounded less dirty in my head)

hmm well if I recreate the two I had in camp Jupiter somewhat it would be a daughter of Vulcan or in this case Hephaestus, and a Oracle...man a second chance on her would be great. I'd have to do some research to see which god that fits best under as I think she was actually like a blessed mortal in CJ.

Or I can brain storm and come up with something else if those wouldn't fit or something?

Juggtacular

Apollo's followers and kids often were Oracles if I'm not mistaken. For example, the Oracle of Delphi was a follower of Apollo and I believe she was stated to bear his blood as well.

The Golden Touch

Aye, Apollo has the most relation to prophecy, its even has to do with one of his symbols. Of course, most temples had prophets for their deity but he was a god of prophecy.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 28, 2014, 10:09:59 PM
Aye, Apollo has the most relation to prophecy, its even has to do with one of his symbols. Of course, most temples had prophets for their deity but he was a god of prophecy.
Quote from: Juggtacular on June 28, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
Apollo's followers and kids often were Oracles if I'm not mistaken. For example, the Oracle of Delphi was a follower of Apollo and I believe she was stated to bear his blood as well.

Thank you both! Apollo works well then. :)

Juggtacular

Red Stella

Having succumbed to peer pressure and my own lack of self-control, I'm about to send in my character sheet.

Ariel, if you have any criticism, suggestions, whatever - please just let me know.  I'm very flexible and open to change.  :)