Cursed Tales: West Bangor University. An exploration of fear & fantasy. LGBTQIA+

Started by Drowned Vandal, March 01, 2024, 08:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowned Vandal

Cursed Tales: West Bangor University

Preface

In the mysterious junction between wakefulness and slumber, West Bangor University emerges as an unconventional haven where dreams and reality intertwine amidst the ever-present mists that shroud the landscapes of Maine. Nestled within the picturesque misty enclaves, this institution beckons those in search of a second chance, where dreams of redemption are painted against the backdrop of lower GPA requirements.

The campus itself mirrors the enigmatic nature of dreams, draped in ivy and steeped in a history that whispers through its corridors, as if emerging from the ethereal mists that linger over the Maine landscapes. West Bangor becomes a refuge for young minds seeking to escape the monotony of day-to-day life, a canvas where the vivid hues of imagination attempt to wash away the grayness of their past, often obscured by the ever-present shroud of mist.

Yet, beneath the surface of this academic dreamscape, there's an unsettling tension. Whispers circulate about students who vanish into the shadows, leaving behind an unspoken mystery that lingers like a ghostly presence, mingling with the mists that blanket the region. West Bangor University, with its reputation as a place for individuals to "learn to behave," harbors secrets that seem to stretch beyond the boundaries of ordinary academia, veiled in the atmospheric mists of Maine.

As the dreamer navigates the realms of ambition and second chances, the line between the fantastical and the nightmarish blurs amid the ethereal mists. The stories of students going missing echo the eerie undertones of a campus that holds more than academic promise—it holds the weight of unspoken mysteries, concealed within the swirling mists. Welcome to West Bangor, where dreams unfold against a backdrop of academic leniency and the unsettling tales that weave through the ivy-covered halls, wrapped in the chilling embrace of Maine's enigmatic mists. Here, the price of dreams may not only be counted in ambition but in the haunting currency of the unexplained, carried by the veiled tendrils of mist that dance through the campus. Dare you step into this misty realm, where the boundaries of imagination unravel, and the pursuit of a second chance comes with a cost that transcends the ordinary?

What is it?

If you're still intrigued, welcome to West Bangor University—an RP experience centered around the mysterious world of dreams. In this unique setting, dreams are more than fleeting moments; they are vivid experiences with tangible consequences for a select few students on campus.

For most students, dreams fade away upon waking, becoming distant memories by morning. However, for the chosen few, dreams linger, leaving behind repercussions that blur the lines between fantasy and reality. These consequences manifest in various forms—lingering injuries, warped realities, and an unpredictable twist on the traditional rules of dreaming. Pleasant dreams may transform into unintended consequences resembling monkey paw wishes, while nightmares have a tendency to linger well into the waking hours. The dreams seem capricious, defying any known rules, leading to unpredictable outcomes that challenge the very fabric of reality.

What's more, these dreams don't always release their grip willingly. Students find themselves caught in a struggle to escape the dream realm before becoming another mysterious disappearance, reported back to concerned parents. Can you navigate the dreamscapes and find the exit in time, or will you succumb to the unsettling fate that awaits within the dreams?

The Dreams

The dreamers share a unique connection, occasionally experiencing shared dreams, though not always with everyone simultaneously. Dreams may involve two individuals or the entire student body, leading to chaotic scenarios that defy logic. Strangely, every dream takes place within the confines of West Bangor University, regardless of its content. And for those who entertain the thought of running from their dream predicaments, the unyielding mists hold them captive, ensuring they remain entangled within the dream's and WBU’s grasp.

How Magic Works

Magic is woven into the fabric of this setting, primarily centered around dream magic. Each dreamer possesses a limited set of minor abilities within the dream world, accompanied by a lingering presence that enhances some aspect of their normal waking life. This may develop as we progress in the story. While dream magics are usually constrained, there are occasions, particularly in paired or solo dream scenarios, where the dreams become remarkably malleable. In these instances, nearly anything can be altered within the dream, introducing a level of unpredictability that further blurs the boundaries between dream and reality. While these dream alterations may not directly change the waking world exactly as they were changed, they are not without consequences or effects on the waking world, adding an extra layer of complexity to the magical dynamics at play.

It truly is a realm where the boundaries between imagination and reality are as fluid as the mists that envelop the dreamers.

How the Game Will Look

Due to the nature of this game it should be noted that it has heavier themes therefore will include triggering content that will be difficult to avoid in some cases.

The game will likely be a smaller group, around five (depending on several factors). Player selection will not be first come, first serve. Instead, players will be chosen after their character sheets are submitted for approval to ensure we stay on theme and that everyone meshes together.

The game will be broken into four main types of scenes: Waking Sandbox (where you are free to live your best spooky college life within a predetermined set of time), Dreaming Sandbox (a scene where players can create their own dream solo or with another player, with the outcome possibly influencing the waking world, determined by the GM), GM events/scenes, and GM-ran dreams. There will also be a separate thread for all your smutty adventures.

GMs can also play important NPCs for scenes as needed or tap other players to assist.

Character Creation

Character sheets should be submitted to Drowned Vandal and Intimate Ink for approval.

WBU is fantastical but a huge point of the initial RP is character reaction to it, so backgrounds should be in the realm of reality (be creative just no international secret spies for example). Characters should all be freshmen (Other years are allowed with approval, however if you choose to make another year you will need to also give a storyline you intend to use their status for or a manner in which you plan to use their status to engage with other players). Since WBU lures people in with their lack of GPA requirements and their claims of fixing troubled youth you should consider why your character might want/need to attend such a place or why someone might want/need to send your character there.

Ability Creation

This setting is designed to carry a sense of dread and powers are meant to be minor boosts that will help your character survive hurdles. That being said creativity is fine and encouraged. While abilities are divided into passive, offensive and defensive the offensive and defensive abilities can be doubled up instead of taking one of each. There are of course draw backs to this but if you are okay with the risk/reward so am I. In the case of a more utility leaning ability you should simply label it under the closest option. I know this part is hard for a lot of people so please feel free to reach out to myself or Intimate Ink for assistance.

Signature abilities should be minor abilities that you do not need to activate. This could be something as simple as having improved balance or maybe you are more intelligent. You can also choose to make it more specific for example has an improved memory for where they left items.

Offensive abilities should be abilities that you need to activate. The can be flavored how you'd like but there should be no earth shattering moments. Maybe its a reinforced punch or a small burst of flame.

Defensive abilities should be abilities that you need to activate. Ie. hardening the clothes on your body to help absorb damage, or maybe a burst of energy to help you escape.

[float=right max=45%][img height=250]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Portrait_Placeholder.png[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Also Known By:[/b]

[b]Birthday | Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Birthplace / Home:[/b]
[b]Gender | Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Economic Background:[/b]

[b]Character Faceclaim:[/b] ’
[b]Character Appearance:[/b]

[center][size=12pt][b]Statistics[/b][/size][/center]

[i]Each stat begins at 1. You have 8 points to spend among these stats, but no stat can be brought above 5. For reference, 3 is considered Average.[/i]

[b]Physical:[/b] [i]1[/i]
[b]Social:[/b] [i]1[/i]
[b]Mental:[/b] [i]1[/i]
[b]Creativity:[/b] [i]1[/i]

[center][size=12pt][b]Dream Abilities[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Signature (A minor passive ability, this is also present in the waking world):[/b]
[b]Offensive (An ability of minor power that is offensive in nature):[/b]
[b]Defensive (An ability of minor power that is defensive in nature):[/b]

[center][size=12pt][b]Dream Objects & Pets[/b][/size][/center]

[float=right max=45%][img height=250]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Portrait_Placeholder.png[/img][/float]
[i]A place for you to note any one-off consumables you have, weapons, pets, or anything else. Ignore this during character creation.[/i]

[center][size=12pt][b]Background[/b][/size][/center]
 [i]These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences to give some background information that other players as well as DMs can use for story/scene ideas.[/i]

[b]What was their life like before WBU? What were their responsibilities?:[/b]

[b]A lot of our students didn’t think college was an option for them, how does your character feel about starting this journey?[/b]

[b]How will being unable to leave campus affect your character?:[/b]

[b]List your characters three greatest strengths. Then weaknesses (please ensure they are actual weaknesses. Too smart is not a weakness for example):[/b]

[b]What are your characters top three greatest fears?:[/b] 

[center][size=12pt][b]Character questions[/b][/size][/center]
 [i]These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences from the perspective of your character.[/i]

[b]How do you plan to participate on our very active campus?:[/b] 

[b]What is your greatest accomplishment?[/b]

[center][size=12pt][b]Dm questions- send with for approval but delete after approval[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Please rank the following in order of importance for your enjoyment of an RP if they are all equal simply respond N/A:[/b] [i]Romance, Action, Adventure, horror, smut, social connections, drama, power growth, character development[/i]

[b]Is there anything you want us to know that you want to keep hidden about your character?[/b]

[b]Are there any ideas or story lines I can help with?[/b]

[b]Are there any concerns you have going into a group RP?[/b]

[center][size=12pt][b]Connections[/b][/size][/center]

[i]A place for you to list connections your character has formed to other PCs or to NPCs, businesses, factions, etc.[/i]

[center][size=12pt][b]Player Notes & Other[/b][/size][/center]

Anything else you’d like to note.

Example Character1

Character Name: Austin Hunter Gatwood
Also Known By: Texas, Hunter

Birthday | Age: May 25 | 19
Height: 6’2”
Eye Color: Brown
Birthplace / Home: Huston, TX |Newport News, VA
Gender | Sexuality: Male | Bisexual
Economic Background: Lower middle class

Character Faceclaim: Hunter Warr
Character Appearance: Austin has a tattoo on his right middle finger that says fuck it. He also has an earring in his left ear.

Statistics

Each stat begins at 1. You have 8 points to spend among these stats, but no stat can be brought above 5. For reference, 3 is considered Average.

Physical: 4
Social: 4
Mental: 1
Creativity: 3

Dream Abilities

Signature (A minor passive ability, this is also present in the waking world): Indomitable Stance: Austin possesses an unyielding stubbornness that makes him exceptionally difficult to budge when he sets his mind to something.
Offensive (An ability of minor power that is offensive in nature): Ricochet Rascal: Austin can manipulate the trajectory of small objects, such as coins or pebbles, causing them to bounce unpredictably off surfaces before striking his target.
Defensive (An ability of minor power that is defensive in nature): Roll with it Austin’ body can feel the trajectory of an incoming blow when this ability is activated and it adjusts with the blow, lessening the effects.

Dream Objects & Pets

A place for you to note any one-off consumables you have, weapons, pets, or anything else. Ignore this during character creation.

Background

These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences to give some background information that other players as well as DMs can use for story/scene ideas.

What was their life like before WBU? What were their responsibilities?:
Austin had always been a bit of a troublemaker, with a knack for finding himself in sticky situations. Whether it was getting caught for vandalism or ending up in fights, his mischievous nature seemed to attract trouble like a magnet. This pattern landed him in Enterprise Academy for middle school, a place he found stifling at first, but soon realized the value of structure it offered.

Despite his efforts to straighten out, high school wasn't much smoother sailing. There was a brief stint in another juvenile center, a consequence of his rebellious tendencies and a rather stern teacher. But even then, Austin managed to find his way back to a more traditional educational setting, albeit with a reputation as the class clown.

Before his acceptance into WBU, Austin was working at a nearby gas station. It wasn't the most glamorous job, but its proximity to his home meant transportation was never an issue. Plus, his buddy serving as the assistant manager made the work environment bearable. There were even talks of a potential part-time lead position, a prospect that Austin found somewhat promising and he could use the extra $1.50 an hour.

Despite the structure that work provided, Austin's life outside of it was a whirlwind of activity. He spent his free time partying with friends, indulging in video games, and fulfilling familial responsibilities by looking after his younger siblings. Surprisingly, despite his rowdy exterior, Austin had a soft spot for his siblings, often taking on the role of caregiver and protector.

His outgoing nature and boisterous personality made him well-known in his social circles. While some might perceive him as loud and brash initially, those who got to know him found him to be affable and even caring. However, beneath his charming exterior lay a penchant for deception. Austin had a reputation as a player, juggling multiple relationships simultaneously and often resorting to lies to maintain his facade.

Adding to his chaotic life, Austin harbored aspirations of becoming a YouTube prankster. He had a fledgling prank channel that he was fervently trying to establish, believing that it held potential for success amidst the chaos of his daily life. Despite the challenges he faced, Austin remained optimistic about his future, convinced that somewhere amid the chaos, he would find his path to success.

A lot of our students didn’t think college was an option for them, how does your character feel about starting this journey?
Austin's absolutely hyped about diving into college life! Despite catching flak from his mom for not exactly acing high school, landing a spot in college feels like a huge win for him. It's his chance to flip the script and prove to everyone, especially his stressed out mom, that he's got what it takes to carve out a better future.

Getting into college also gives him a sense of hope and possibility he never thought he'd have. It's like breaking free from this cycle of doubt and acceptance of the shit hand he ends up with that's been hanging over him for so long. Plus, knowing he can afford it and make it happen feels like sticking it to anyone who ever said he couldn't.

And let's not forget about the legendary parties and social scene everyone's been hyping up. Austin's all in for the academic stuff, but he's also itching to dive headfirst into the campus shenanigans and make memories he'll never forget.

So yeah, starting college? It's not just about hitting the books—it's about grabbing life by the horns and showing the world what he's made of.

How will being unable to leave campus affect your character?:
Being unable to leave might ruffle some feathers for other folks, but for Austin? It's just another day in the life (or so he’s likely to claim). He's always been the type to roll with the punches, and being trapped in a spooky campus won't change that. Being unable to see his family on the other hand…

If anything, being stuck here might actually amp up the excitement for him externally. I mean, where else are you gonna find real-life ghost stories to tell at those legendary campus parties? Plus, it's not like he was planning on going anywhere else anytime soon anyway.

Sure, it's gonna be a bit weird not being able to roam freely, but Austin's never been one to let boundaries hold him back. He'll find a way to make the most of it, whether it's exploring every nook and cranny for hidden secrets or trying out new parties.

Being stuck on this haunted campus might be a challenge, but Austin's ready to tackle it head-on and turn it into one heck of a wild ride.

List your characters three greatest strengths. Then weaknesses (please ensure they are actual weaknesses. Too smart is not a weakness for example): His three greatest strengths are:
Smooth Talker: Austin's got this knack for charming the pants off anyone he meets. He's confident, he's charismatic, and he's got a way with words that could sell ice to Eskimos.

Resourceful Hustler: Austin's always finding clever ways to get things done, even when the odds are stacked against him. Whether it's scoring a last-minute party invitation or improvising solutions to unexpected problems, he's the go-to guy for making things happen.

Master Bullshitter: You wouldn't believe the tales Austin can spin. He's got this gift for weaving stories that'll have you eating out of the palm of his hand. Just don't always believe everything that comes out of his mouth, you know what I mean?

Weaknesses:
Book Dumb: Let's just say Austin's not winning any awards for his academic prowess. He's more of a hands-on learner, and sitting still in class was never his thing. The textbook stuff just doesn't stick with him.

Shoots from the Hip: Austin's got this habit of diving headfirst into things without stopping to think things through. It's like he's allergic to planning or something. When the pressure's on, he's quick to act, even if it's not always the smartest move.

Flighty as a Butterfly: Commitment? Yeah, that's not really Austin's strong suit. He's all about living in the moment, which means he's not exactly the most reliable guy when it comes to sticking with things. Whether it's relationships, projects, or plans, he's always got one foot out the door.

What are your characters' top three greatest fears?:
Failure: Austin's fear of failure stems from his past struggles and the pressure he feels to live up to expectations, especially from his family and peers. The idea of falling short or not meeting his own standards or that of his family terrifies him, driving him to constantly strive for success and validation.

Isolation: Despite his outgoing nature, Austin harbors a deep-seated fear of being alone or abandoned. He thrives on social interaction and relies heavily on the support of others for validation and reassurance. The thought of being ostracized or cut off from his social circle fills him with anxiety and insecurity.

Being Exposed: Beneath his confident exterior lies a fear of being unmasked or exposed for who he truly is. Austin's penchant for deception and manipulation masks a deep-seated insecurity about his true self. The idea of others seeing through his facade and discovering his vulnerabilities terrifies him, leading him to guard his secrets and true feelings closely.

Character questions

These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences from the perspective of your character.

How do you plan to participate on our very active campus?:
Oh, you know me, always ready to dive headfirst into anything and everything! First off, you can bet I'll be making a splash—literally. I've got this hidden talent for swimming that's just begging to be unleashed at the campus pool assuming they don’t drug test too frequently. Whether it's joining the swim team or just showing off some killer cannonballs, you can count on me to make waves.

And hey, speaking of making waves, I've been thinking about dipping my toes into frat life too. I've heard those guys know how to throw down some epic parties, and I'm all about adding some extra spice to campus life. Plus, it seems like a great way to meet new people and maybe even pick up a few new tricks of the trade.

But beyond that, you can bet I'll be everywhere and anywhere the action is. Whether it's joining clubs, hitting up campus events, or just stirring up some mischief with my buddies, I'm ready to make the most of every moment on this crazy, active campus.

So yeah, count me in for whatever adventures come our way—I'll be right there in the thick of it, making memories and having a blast every step of the way.

What is your greatest accomplishment?
Well, I've had my fair share of wins, but if I had to pick one, I'd say hitting 1k subs on my YouTube prank channel takes the cake. I mean, talk about a wild ride! Starting out, it was just me goofing around with a camera, pulling off ridiculous stunts and cracking jokes. But seeing that subscriber count tick over to four digits? It was like validation that all the late nights and crazy antics were actually paying off.

Getting to that milestone wasn't easy, though. It took a ton of hustle, creativity, and a fair bit of luck to get noticed in the crowded world of online content. But every prank pulled, every laugh shared—it all added up to something truly special. And knowing that there are a thousand people out there who dig what I do? That's a feeling I'll never forget. If you don’t think it's a big deal let me see your subscriber count!

Dm questions- send with for approval but delete after approval

Please rank the following in order of importance for your enjoyment of an RP if they are all equal simply respond N/A (This info will not be shared with other players but will help inform GM planning): Romance, Action, Adventure, horror, smut, social connections, drama, power growth, character development  Character development, Social Connections, Horror, Smut, Adventure, Action, drama, power growth

Is there anything you want us to know that you want to keep hidden about your character?

Austin has a daughter.

Are there any ideas or story lines I can help with?
I think a storyline revolving around Austin’s family, possibly something he is unable to help with due to the distance imposed on him, would make for an interesting read.

Are there any concerns you have going into a group RP?
I think I’m always slightly worried I won’t find enough scenes or maybe won’t mesh well with other writers.

Connections

A place for you to list connections your character has formed to other PCs or to NPCs, businesses, factions, etc.

Player Notes & Other

Example Character2
Character Name: Henri Griebel
Also Known By: @goldcoastgriebel

Birthday | Age: October, 21 | 20
Height: 5'10"
Eye Color: Green
Birthplace / Home: Greenwich, Connecticut
Gender | Sexuality: Male | Claims to be poly, but has only shown interest in men
Economic Background: Out-of-touch rich

Character Faceclaim: Luca Heubl
Character Appearance: Henri stands at 5'10" tall with a slender, and notably muscular build. He typically is wearing one or more chains or necklaces around his neck and favors athleisure wear, upscale casual clothes, or going shirtless. He keeps his hair just long enough to often dramatically style his bangs.

Statistics

Each stat begins at 1. You have 8 points to spend among these stats, but no stat can be brought above 5. For reference, 3 is considered Average.

Physical: 5
Social: 3
Mental: 3
Creativity: 1

Dream Abilities

Signature (A minor passive ability, this is also present in the waking world): The A-list - Whether it's a private party, a school social club, or reservations at a fancy restaurant, if Henri wants access to a place things just have a way of presenting themselves. That doesn't mean he will not have to earn or pay for that access in some way - quite the contrary - but those options just have a way of presenting themselves.
Offensive (An ability of minor power that is offensive in nature): Image Conscious - It's not always about having the best day, but just looking like that is the case. Whether it is a a chair leg, a backpack full of books, or an overfilled borg, Henri can salvage any number of items in a scene and utilize them as a melee weapon with some degree of innate competency.
Defensive (An ability of minor power that is defensive in nature): Punch-able Face - Henri has the ability to be noticed. He can draw the aggression of someone, potentially keeping a weaker teammate from taking the hit, or at least giving them a chance to do something while he takes that hit.

Dream Objects & Pets

A place for you to note any one-off consumables you have, weapons, pets, or anything else. Ignore this during character creation.

Background
These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences to give some background information that other players as well as DMs can use for story/scene ideas.

What was their life like before WBU? What were their responsibilities?:  Henri has lived a life of privilege off the Gold Coast of Connecticut, that is when he hasn't had been going to boarding schooling in Austria, or hiking the Kirishima mountains with his friends on his eighteenth birthday. He was groomed with his younger sister Anna to 'see and be seen' and achieved a degree of internet fame as a social influencer. Henri's mother is a well-known former fashion model and his father is the CEO of an airline manufacturing company.

At eighteen, Henri was all set to follow in his Father's footsteps and attend Sloan Business School. As part of his graduation night plans, Henri organized a secret party for some of his friends by breaking into the abandoned 13th Regiment Armory in Brooklyn, New York, selecting the location because of the castle-like architecture. During the night of drinking and revelry, Henri had planned to add to the medieval-themed spectacle by firing flaming arrows over the underground pool that he had seen filled for the occasion. The spectacle did not go as planned and the building caught fire, causing tremendous property damage, injuring five, and killing two in the aftermath. Given the 13th Regiment Armory had been tagged by the city to be a site of a homeless shelter for the ailing neighborhood, Henri's antics became synonymous with spoiled rich kids who think that they can get away with anything. In response to the incident, lawsuits, and bad press, Sloan Business School rescinded their admission and Henri lost the majority of his social media followers and endorsements.

A lot of our students didn’t think college was an option for them, how  does your character feel about starting this journey? Henri secretly hates the idea of attending a low tier school, but he's doing so at his Father's insistence. The plan as it is presented to Henri is that if he can keep his nose clean for a year than his Father will be able to rally enough influence to get Henri back into a 'real' school... it may not be Princeton, but it sure as hell will be better than being around a bunch of former delinquents and ex-school lunch program rejects.

How will being unable to leave campus affect your character?: Initially, he won't believe it, not really. Despite everything that has happened he tends to still largely see rules as not applying to him. On some level, that even includes rules regarding the supernatural. There is someone in charge, there is someone that fucked up, and that someone is going to be deeply regret it once he and his parents lawyer up...

List your characters three greatest strengths. Then weaknesses (please ensure they are actual weaknesses. Too smart is not a weakness for example):

Strengths

Body / Appearance - Whether it's in terms of physique, looking put together, or sex appeal, Henri typically stands out from the crowd. That doesn't mean everyone's into him (don't tell him that!) but few will argue that he doesn't fit certain typical benchmarks of attractiveness.

Entertaining - Sure, individuals may not like Henri at all, but he's always had his finger on the pulse of group-think. He knows how to read a room, he knows how to throw a party, and he knows how to project his own love of novelty and fun to others. Just don't ask him for a serious one-on-one talk at the end, since that's where his charisma quickly ends.

Willpower - Sure, plenty of people would scoff at the idea, but Henri can be downright obstinate when he sets his mind on something. Maybe it's not been about how to live on a pay-check or work an eight-to-five job, but whether it is maintaining his physique or talking his way into a VIP room, Henri goes after what he wants...

Weaknesses

Creativity - Henri's never really had to artistically represent himself to the world. He may have once been considered a powerful and affluent teen influencer prior to what happened in Brooklyn, but he was always taking cues from others about what to wear, how to look, and where to go.

Empathy - Put bluntly, Henri is spoiled. He rarely sees past his own interests and doesn't see how his actions affect others. More bluntly, he really doesn't care.

Mediation - Put simply, Henri lacks the social skills to be the so-called bigger man and mend bridges; his social skills are all in projection and carousing. If Henri has had disagreements with people in the past he's typically tried to buy them, blackmail them, punch them, or rally others to socially shun them.

What are your characters top three greatest fears?:

Frailty / Ugliness - Henri's self-image is wholly connected to his physical stature and attractive appearance

Irrelevance - Not being noticed, not being worth noticing, or being considered a has-been 

Loss of affluence - While it's not something he talks about, Henri doesn't feel like he has the fortitude or ability to live a 'normal' life, whether that means having an 8-5 job, living paycheck to paycheck, or even being responsible for a family. While he may be cavalier about it on the surface, he sees 'common people' as having some sort of ingredient and strength of character that he lacks...

Character questions
These questions should be answered in a couple of sentences from the perspective of your character.

How do you plan to participate on our very active campus?:  "Looking out to check out the campus fitness center and do some workouts, get my smoothie action on, and even show some of the other students how its done. Not sure how I feel about a kegger, but definitely interested in hitting up the fraternities for some good ski trips, volleyball games, and joining the dating scene. Might as well see what clubs are around the school of business since I'll be hanging out there, anyway..."

What is your greatest accomplishment? "My social media presence, obviously. My name is a growing brand with a history of endorsements. Not everyone gets to live my life, but many... most people want to. By being an influencer, I am able to give my fans a taste of that life, inspire them, while also supporting great companies and products that I believe in along the way..." (There is no mention of his loss of followers / endorsements / status in Henri's response...)

Connections

A place for you to list connections your character has formed to other PCs or to NPCs, businesses, factions, etc.

Player Notes & Other

Rules

1. No OOC drama. Bring problems to the GM.
2. Characters must be 16 or older, with faceclaims 18 or older. No drawn faceclaims.
3. The game is all-inclusive for character diversity.
4. Event posts will be made every five days during active plot threads.
5. Communicate if you'll be absent.
6. Don't control others' actions; focus on your character. No godmoding.
7. Post length is flexible, but allow room for reactions without skipping too far forward.
8. Posts should be in third person with attention to spelling and grammar.
9. Questions can be directed to the GM or posted in the OOC thread or Discord.
10. This game is set in the extreme category out of precaution.
11. If you leave, your character may become an NPC under GM control or possibly meet a violent end based on game needs.

Xurtan

ticl

Layne Spooks

Oh, this seems really cool! I'll definitely be working on a sheet for you!

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: Xurtan on March 01, 2024, 09:11:23 PM*slams flag down* I'll have a sheet sent in a day or two.
Hey man! What’s up? Yeah sounds good. I’ll look forward to it.

Quote from: ticl on March 02, 2024, 02:43:40 AM(watch this space)
*watches you watching this* If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Quote from: Layne Spooks on March 02, 2024, 12:25:15 PMOh, this seems really cool! I'll definitely be working on a sheet for you!
Yooo! It’s been a minute. Excited to see what you come up with!

Xurtan

Quote from: Drowned Vandal on March 02, 2024, 03:29:28 PMHey man! What’s up? Yeah sounds good. I’ll look forward to it.
Sup, brah? You know how it is, hanging in there! Think this is the first time I've seen you do a smaller group, so figured I'd at least throw my hat into the ring. Yote you a draft sheet a bit ago. 

Drowned Vandal

Xurtan

Poking a bit more at my draft as I muse on this, would you say the dreams are sort of akin to Silent Hill fog, or less dramatic? They sound less one-note than SH, at least. I'm debating some kind of artist character. 

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: Xurtan on March 06, 2024, 06:37:50 PMPoking a bit more at my draft as I muse on this, would you say the dreams are sort of akin to Silent Hill fog, or less dramatic? They sound less one-note than SH, at least. I'm debating some kind of artist character.

The dreams definitely have variety to them. I wouldn’t say they are all that level of dramatic, though they can be. Some have more realistic feels to them and they aren’t all nightmares either. Though, the reality they produce might be nightmarish.

Amaris

Okay, working hard on my CS today! I'm so excited for this! :)

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: Amaris on March 11, 2024, 07:16:42 PMOkay, working had on my CS today! I'm so excited for this! :)

Heck yeah! It’s gunna be a good time fer sure.

Drowned Vandal

Hey guys, loving the CS I've seen so far. Acceptance letters will start going out shortly. There are still a couple more spots available for this year's class!

Ferretina

Ooh, this looks like an interesting endeavor. If there are indeed still spots, I'm marking my interest, and a character sheet is on the way!