Sintides (Open - Modern dating simulation Recruiting)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, April 24, 2024, 03:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Sintides
Stimulant Integrated Neurokinetic Technology Industries Dating Experiment System
“Sintides” is an up-and-coming program that has been rigorously tested. Extremely costly those who apply to be a Sintides applicant must show proof of income or be actively pursuing higher education, over the age of 24 pass a physical and mental exam all before they put down a two-thousand dollar non-refundable deposit and be willing to pay the additional two-thousand dollar a month payment for six months. Why would someone do all of this you ask? The Sintides promise.

Sintides promises to find it’s patrons a biological, physiological, emotional, and sexual life partner within six months or their full money back, less the non-refundable deposit of course. Sintides is, in many ways, just a program. Patrons are put into incubation pods maintained by Sintides employees and are put in a stasis were they are ‘uploaded’ to the town of Sintides. They are asked over 100 hundred questions and analyzed on a biological level to try and find their perfect match by Sintides system.

Each patron is given a home within Sintides, a vehicle for their use, ‘money’ based off of their own spending habits as well as jobs within the Sintides community. They are to ‘live’ and ‘work’ within the community as they would in the real world. The only difference being they have been assessed for a partner and assigned one.

This is what each patron of Sintides knows and expects. What they do not know is that they are part of an experiment using pheromones to see if love can be created between two people who are not meant for one another. Each patron in Sintides is assigned a partner who meets very little of their personal preferences as far as looks and personality go but whose pheromones responded positively to each other prior to uploading into the simulation.

Character Sheet
Character Image
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Partner Preferences:[/b] (Hair color, stature, personality, kids/no kids, political standing etc)
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

So, to put it more plainly, this game is about people being uploaded into a simulated town assigned a 'partner' who doesn't physically look their listed preferences and personality styles but who's pheromones reacted positively to each others. So everyone would be assigned a partner in the beginning but that does not mean that you HAVE to end up with that person, it's part of the experiment after all. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AndyZ

Let me think on this one.  It sounds cool but I have no ideas and I don’t want to promise anything if my inspiration doesn’t deliver.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Aethyrium

I have some tentative interest in this. Occupied at the moment so I can't think too heavily on it, but I will definitely circle back around and give this a solid noodle.

It's a neat concept!

steelsmiter

As a guy who wrote a game about visual novels, you can bet I'd be interested in this!
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... I'm intrigued. Might have a character in mind.

Nameless One

Interesting idea, I don't have a lot of free time at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on this!

A (maybe silly) question: how can "real" biological pheromones influence virtual people who go around the simulated town?
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Nameless One on April 25, 2024, 05:35:36 PMInteresting idea, I don't have a lot of free time at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on this!

A (maybe silly) question: how can "real" biological pheromones influence virtual people who go around the simulated town?
Not a silly question at all! 

These people are in simulations yes but they are hooked up to intense stasis pods that have control over these things. It also allows them to recieve nutrients and be safe some harm. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

SilkenVenom

Kind of an interesting idea with a lot of potential, honestly.

I might be interested in giving it a go, but I would need to see what the character sheet will look like and see what restrictions will be in place (if any).

AmbrosiaPudding

I have updated the initial post to show the potential character sheet.

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

SilkenVenom

Quote from: AmbrosiaPudding on April 25, 2024, 09:29:52 PMI have updated the initial post to show the potential character sheet.
What sort of images are we supposed to use?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: SilkenVenom on April 25, 2024, 10:04:08 PMWhat sort of images are we supposed to use?

Are you asking whether or not I would like you to use real images? 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

SilkenVenom

AmbrosiaPudding

Gotcha! Yes my preference for games like this is real photos or realism drawings. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

steelsmiter

Quote from: AmbrosiaPudding on April 25, 2024, 10:27:15 PMGotcha! Yes my preference for games like this is real photos or realism drawings.
Would AI that's been edited count as a realism drawing? Mainly asking for the sake of clarity, I have a thread of real people I'll more likely end up using either way.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 25, 2024, 10:38:49 PMWould AI that's been edited count as a realism drawing? Mainly asking for the sake of clarity, I have a thread of real people I'll more likely end up using either way.
I have no problems with clarifying questions! Some people don't like the idea of using real life celebrities and such as characters so AI realism will count. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

steelsmiter

Quote from: AmbrosiaPudding on April 25, 2024, 10:46:22 PMI have no problems with clarifying questions! Some people don't like the idea of using real life celebrities and such as characters so AI realism will count.
Eh for me it depends on the intended content. I'll want to see what other people make before I decide what, but I'll take that into consideration now.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Forgot to ask if there are any fetishes we particularly do or don't want to engage.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 30, 2024, 01:12:10 AMForgot to ask if there are any fetishes we particularly do or don't want to engage.
I would think that anything that is deemed unlawful or overly dangerous would be things that would be discouraged in Sintides.

If we have enough interest I would be glad to make an OOC thread so we can begin making character sheets. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

theboyinthedark69

Sounds like an interesting concept, I would be open to trying it. I am presuming that in certain situations the pheromones win but after they get clarity they aren't attracted to their 'partner' anymore.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: theboyinthedark69 on May 02, 2024, 04:00:47 AMSounds like an interesting concept, I would be open to trying it. I am presuming that in certain situations the pheromones win but after they get clarity they aren't attracted to their 'partner' anymore.
A good example is someone who classifies their "type" as blonde hair blue eyes short and petite and they gets paired with someone who has dark hair and dark eyes is tall and Curvaceous. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

steelsmiter

I figure I owe it to you not to leave you hanging, but I feel like the answer to my question was broad enough to be a non-answer, which as a neurodivergent person may occur more than I want it to anyway. That, and the appeal of having my characters' interest declared for the sake of a rug pull isn't much of an appeal. At least not for that kind of rug pull.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

AndyZ

So, I haven't been able to come up with any good characters for this, but as for the experiment itself, as a thought to how it'd work, I'm reminded of Pavlov.

For those who aren't familiar with Pavlov, he'd do experiments like ringing a bell while feeding a dog, and he'd ring the bell while feeding the dog every time.  The dog would then associate feeding with the bell ringing, and all he'd have to do is ring the bell to get the dog to drool with hunger.  Eventually, after a long time of ringing the bell with no food being given, the dog would disassociate the bell from eating and it would eventually quit drooling.

My thought would be, characters would start out attracted to each other via the conditioning, but when they met in the meat, they wouldn't have the pheromones.  As such, they might wonder unconsciously why things aren't the same and would go through the motions of being attracted, but it just wouldn't quite feel the same in the real world, for whatever reason.  Ultimately, they'd be far more apt to break up rather than stay together, unless particular individual had a particular reason they'd rather stay together with people rather than (as would be more natural in this case) drift apart.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: steelsmiter on Yesterday at 12:40:49 PMI figure I owe it to you not to leave you hanging, but I feel like the answer to my question was broad enough to be a non-answer, which as a neurodivergent person may occur more than I want it to anyway. That, and the appeal of having my characters' interest declared for the sake of a rug pull isn't much of an appeal. At least not for that kind of rug pull.

I have no idea what this means. I feel I gave you an answer that was as clear as the question. There is a lot of things that are unlawful, such as bestiality which would be discouraged, and then blood and knife play would be discouraged as well for the safety of the participants. 

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop