What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Tali's romance subplot is probably the best in gaming history, so ...

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on September 11, 2010, 11:56:48 AM
Tali's romance subplot is probably the best in gaming history, so ...
Tali is adorable. I actually liked all the romance options for male Shepard in Mass Effect 2.

Tali > Jack > Miranda

Jack's is complex. I think you can either kind of heal her if your paragon or have wild nasty romance. I'll have to check that out.

Miranda's is decent.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Yeah, about Jack, you should really take Kelly's advice.

I just finished Mass Effect. Saved Wrex, saved the council, didn't romance anyone .. probably other stuff I'm forgetting, but this is the most important stuff.

But anyway, Tali's romance was so well developed. Slowly. Over the course of two games, if you want to look at it that way. Finding the recordings on Haestrom was probably the most memorable moment.

Wolfy

Psh...The Best Character from Mass Effect 1 and 2 is obviously Joker...and he damn well better return in Mass Effect 3!

Sabby

Correction. He better return with EDI.

"I don't need my Normandy constantly reminding me 'the airlock is ajar'"

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on September 11, 2010, 10:33:49 PM
Psh...The Best Character from Mass Effect 1 and 2 is obviously Joker...and he damn well better return in Mass Effect 3!

Wow, maybe Im alone in thinking that most of the time Joker is just annoying. I mean he's a nice comic relief style character, especially when paired with EDI but when he's not adding a comic relief element to the game I just find him annoying and pretty much useless.

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

I'm playing something that might be fun.. I'll tell you more after it's downloaded and I'm able to talk. :D

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 11, 2010, 11:59:35 PM
I'm playing something that might be fun.. I'll tell you more after it's downloaded and I'm able to talk. :D

O-o...by your tone it makes it sound like it's a guilty pleasure, like a Hentai game or something like Sexy Beach 2/3.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 12:03:49 AM
O-o...by your tone it makes it sound like it's a guilty pleasure, like a Hentai game or something like Sexy Beach 2/3.

It's a closed beta of XXXX XXXXXXXX :D So yeah..it's a guilty pleasure. :D

Wolfy

A closed beta of Quad Commando?!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 12:09:32 AM
A closed beta of Quad Commando?!

Well it's like this.. @@@@ XXXX SS XX FFFF!

Just kidding.. have to do something since all my games died (again) and I figured my buddy hooked me up with the codes.. so I'm downloading it for trying out later. Not many things are released out the door dual system specced for the Mac/PC.. so I'm gonna try it. :"D

Wolfy

...A closed beta of Duke Nukem Forever? O-o

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 12:14:33 AM
...A closed beta of Duke Nukem Forever? O-o

I wish.. but I don't know how long I'll be playing this.. given that a certain FPS shooter (complete with statues) will be in my sweaty hands on the 13th!

Wolfy

Mine too....you should hook me up with your gamertag so we can Co-op campaign. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 12:16:34 AM
Mine too....you should hook me up with your gamertag so we can Co-op campaign. :P

translation: watch Callie screw up on any vehicle runs. :D took me forever to do the bridge level on the first one.. by the time I was done you should have been able to walk across on the wreckage of that many warthogs..

Wolfy

Lol....Then I'll do the darn driving. xD

We can team up for Multiplayer and Firefight too. :P

Sabby

I just finished Reach... ending made me tear up a little :(

Couldn't have asked for a better end to the series. Halo went out on it's strongest foot... until Master Chief shows up in Mario vs Sonic Power Drift Racing in 2011 >.<

Hemingway

I'm going to see the doctor on Tuesday. That's as good an excuse as any to pick up a game, isn't it? I mean, pat myself on the back for being so brave and all?

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 12, 2010, 12:36:31 AM
I just finished Reach... ending made me tear up a little :(

Couldn't have asked for a better end to the series. Halo went out on it's strongest foot... until Master Chief shows up in Mario vs Sonic Power Drift Racing in 2011 >.<

And by Better end to the series....you mean you couldn't have asked for a better beginning!..Cause it is a Prequel. :P

TheWriter

Done with the backlog of plotted games, moving back to fighters.  Picked up BlazBlue Continuum Shift, terribly disappointed to see what they did to my old main Rachel.  Just heard this week the balance patch will return her to her rightful place at the top of the food chain.

Still playing Super SF4 every now and then too; keeping a decent strike rate with Ibuki.

Leo

Medival II: Total War this week.

I just love ruling with fear and dominating through a few carefully placed agents instead of armies of thousands :P Oh yes, I play England, of course! ;D
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

LadyMarisa

Quote from: Sabby on May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM
Is totally expecting this to just become a WOW topic, but try not to linger on that too much! ^^'

So what are you playing right now?

I've got Beyond Good and Evil on the PS2... such an under appreciated game.

Lotro, I'm just dreading going back into the Mournshaws at the moment, my least favorite section of Enedwaith. So I'm procrastinating here.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!

Callie Del Noire

GOOD LORD.. LEGENDARY IS FRIGGING HUGE!

The box is the size of a milk crate!

grayfoxz

Just got bioshock 2 a few days ago. Pretty decent game, much lile yhe first except gor being a big daddy part :D
Oh an quite a fun and chaotic multiplayer. :)

Hemingway

Hmm.

I'll probably get Reach regardless, but I'm debating whether to get it tomorrow ( can't today, as I have a test tomorrow I need to be studying for ), or wait. I'm a single-player kind of guy, and I'd say Halo as a whole is probably best known for its multiplayer. Some opinions on the SP bit would be helpful.

And, no, I'm not going to GIVE MP A SHOT BECAUSE I'LL LOVE IT. Co-op is fine. Deathmatches are as 'meh' as things get.