Recruitment: Prey and Predator [Anthro/Post Apoc/Sandbox/Extreme]

Started by Drake Valentine, March 14, 2016, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Links:
OOC
Character Thread - Only post here once accepted.

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not tolerate any nonsense or BS in my game, if you may feel this is too much or any of the rules are, do not join.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
A. Keep your grievances at the door. I will not reject anyone just because they can't get along with another person. I don't expect everyone to get along, there are people I don't particularly like myself, but find a means to work it out either by simply avoiding one another or talking it out in PM. If it ends up falling onto me as 'my problem,' then I will make it 'your' problem for those involved and I can assure you neither parties want that.
B. Causing a scene and fighting OOCly is an immediate kicking offense. End story, I do not want drama in my game and will harshly deal with it if it gets out of hand.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

The year is 1098, H.F.(Humanity’s Fall) life upon Earth is once more reaching its peak prior to the catastrophes that befell the planet in the distant past. The population of today may vaguely recall the events back at that time, a dark age of nuclear war that left the humans on the brink of extinction. Those who survived at that period of time begun to gather and pool their resources as a last effort to save mankind and life on Earth. A valiant effort which would keep them from going extinct like that of former species of a long ago past upon this very planet.

How did the humans persevere? It wasn’t easy at first, for hundreds of years they struggled to reclaim and build off of their fallen technology. They turned to science as a effort to save their race, the same which had doomed their world to begin with. ‘For the better good of the human race,’ they often reassured themselves with their studies through those centuries. They sought ways to populate, ways to increase longevity in not just humans but that of animals as well. If they could increase the lifespans by just a few decades, surely it would broaden their chances of surviving. In time, this form of forbidden manipulation of life will cost them once more and spawn what some may consider abominations and others miracles of life.

455 H.F. the closeness of the goals they wished to achieve were finally arriving. Unfortunately for their lot a mistake was in a batch of vaccines. It was not outright fatal and not everyone received the dosages, but those that did were already cursed with mutation in their blood. Outwardly they appeared fine and seemingly the efforts were a grand success, no one knew better of the devil’s hand in their science that would bring out different creatures through generations to come.

In 621 H.F, people assumed that the minor changes of appearance were just a side effect and nothing to concern themselves about. A few patches of fur were no worries, but their opinions begun to change from the following centuries afterwards. It wasn’t just fur they were concerned for, tails, ears, even bodies of their lineage begun to change as well. These creatures still carried similar intelligence as far as the ability to communicate amongst one another went, although there were those that couldn’t take it and fled from the city in turn spreading their affliction as a result to any outside survivors if they were carriers. As for the creatures, life within the city soon grew barbaric and eventually became a living hell for those that descended from the vaccine.

Technology itself grew as a relic of the past; although it had obtained its goal, just not in the light the former humans wish of it to. Now in present day 1098 H.F. the city is divided into four primary sections and for the most it is a game of survival of the fittest. There are those who have succumbed fully to their feral instincts and take it upon themselves to seek out prey to indulge themselves in within the South, these are known as the 'Feral Lands.'  There are those with still some lingering grasps upon their humanity, trying their hardest to maintain the dream of a civilized society for all in the North, although their united efforts are not so simply planned for other groups outside their own. There are those who have taken upon rougher roles of street thugs and gangs, not caring for the entirely of the world’s fate, but that of their immediate own within the West. There are those that succumbed to a more tribal and united way of life, viewing themselves as another part of nature and often taking on the hunt or making sacrifices to appease the God/desses in the East. There are also human remnants that somehow survived this chaos, be they visitors that found themselves in this mutated town or actual citizens from former generations that escaped the vaccine scattered about in other portions of the city.

Who will you be in this world?

Predator or Prey?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Game Information

Genre:
Alternative-Earth, Future, Post Apocalypse, Dystopia.

Setting:
The game will primary be centered around the ruined city of Last Haven. There will be various areas of the city more favorable to certain types of individuals more than others, although the game is strictly sandbox and players are free to roam about as they please. The city itself is untamed and overgrown with wildlife; providing various sources of water, along with some areas holding fruits and vegetables, whiles others are filled with other predatory and prey natural animals that achieved a sense of longevity from the vaccine that was spread through the city centuries ago. Outwardly it may appear like a paradise to those seeking a better life, a ‘Garden of Eden,’ for the weary wayfarers. Truthfully, in a sense, it still just that, one of the very few cultivated areas upon this Earth that holds its fair share of abundance of food, shelter, and water; but all at a price if one isn’t too careful or lucky.

Territory:
Last Haven is divided into four primary sections or 'factions.'

North Haven: A more 'civilized' portion of the city that is quickly on the rise in influence and power with its growing cult and military. Between all the other groups, it is the most advanced in 'modern day,' technology field and even has some resources to few traditional weaponry(firearms) and how to use such. With a good bit of technology at its backing, it allows room for self generated sources of food among the populace. Still, many citizens are ruled over by an iron fist and it operates on martial law over its inhabitants. With the influence of the cult, many lesser species(herbivores) are falling victim to being sourced into food or made into slaves to appease the higher predators or even those that found saving grace to join into the military; before things went bad.

West Haven: West Haven is simply, barbaric. It is made up of many gangs competing for territory within that portion of the city, although the largest and most feared of known gangs is Blood Locust. Many lesser gangs have already fallen or quickly changed colors out of terror and respect towards the cruel, Crocodile leader that Dons over the ruffians known as Blood Locust. There is also competition within the very gang which can lead many to question just how truly organized it really is, when it is just as easy for any to quickly rise into a leadership position by challenging an Alpha above them. Most fights are handled one on one if any are trying to climb the ladder and additional rules are determined on an overseer to the challenge. West Haven maintains its survival by sending out scavenging or raiding parties to other territories. West Haven holds the second largest of populace of occupants, however it is mostly unorganized given the different gangs within it. Most individuals wear or use whatever they find in scavenging and people able to do a 'trade' best hope they are captured by the Blood Locust and that their services may be beneficial.

East Haven: East Haven is ruled by different Chieftains or Chieftesses. Most formed groups are usually of various racial tribes, there are some tribes that are accepting to allow other species within their folds, but not many. Most thrive by instinct, but they are far different from the known Ferals that live elsewhere within the city.  They may embrace their primal urges, but many still offer respect for the prey to maintain their pure, spirituality. Some will even go as far as making sacrifices to further appease the various deities that they may believe in. They are not often well armed or clothed, wearing skins from prey and fashioning weapons out of bone and stone. They are considered the most primitive of groups, but possibly one of the largest in factions, given the various tribes. Their survivable is often maintained by farming, hunting, trade, or even warfare with other tribes.

South Haven: This is the feral lands, a place full of savagery, ran by beasts that only live their lives by primal instincts. These creatures cannot speak, they merely know how to act and many of these wild beasts often venture into other territories within the city on whims. South Haven is believed to be a paradise in resources, the most abundant of hunting grounds, but the dangers there are often foreseen too great. There has been tales of people adventuring and never returning from South Haven, even such is spoken by the tribes of the East and some of the gangers that sent out groups from the West. Some believe there are other unseen dangers beyond the ferals and other wild beasts that thrive here.

Slaverly:
Is a thing, although this is not a ‘slave,’ game, there is nothing to say that predators will take special interest in prey and seek to bind them or mark them as their own. There are even individuals who may willing give themselves to predators for in return of protection or ’care.’ This is just the type of end chaotic world this is; however, keep core rules in mind of respect of individual. Do not go around forcing such in game on anyone without their consent.

Technology:
Technology wise, everything is in ruins in the present day timeline of the game. There are no working vehicles, there is no active sources of electricity and fuel. Cellphones do not work nor do cd players, radios, and other useless garbage that should be tossed back from wherever it was discovered. There are some relics of clothing, although for those that live within the city and attempt a civilized route, they also strive for crafting of fabrics but most are of crude designs such as animal skins or loincloths. Weapons are also scarce, some may make use of the random pipes and other objects through the city as a makeshift bludgeon, others may try to sharpen such into lesser bladed or spear tools. Actual blades themselves may be found and used, but anything beyond a traditional kitchen knife is very uncommon and even rarer sharpened(unless one is some high end individual.) Firearms are also very rare and what working ones are known to be in the paws of North Haven(still ammunition is limited.)  Bottles and other containers can be found to aid in carrying water or supplies. Explosives are a big no, even if some exist no one will have the right mind of how to operate them or use them for that matter.

Currency:
Money is useless in this world, value is often placed more in trade or ‘services,’ to acquire anything if one is struggling to naturally obtain it. The very price of a drink could cost one the clothes off their back, something within their possession, or even something of more primal desires. Essentially it is up to those that live within the city to determine if anything is ‘worth,’ it in the end. Also, not everyone is willing to trade, there are those of the rouge nature that will flat out take what they want and predators who may be more interested in the individual than the items themselves.

Allowed Races:
Anthromorphs
Also known as furries, they are humans who appear fully animal. They come in a wide varies, some possess scales from reptilian origins, others furr from mammals, and then there are those with wings of the avian variety. Often the animal they are usually determines their persona to some extent. There are those who strictly indulge in their animal nature and are deemed ‘feral,’ by standards living as wild as the city itself. There are others that hold onto their humanity and try to find their means of survival without falling prey to the beasts that their brethren have become. Not all of them are expected to get along with one another, some may have natural enemies, some may be intolerable to certain species. It is that same lingering humanity that allows them to be judgmental and defines their characters, less they had turned to a complete feral state of living.

Restricted Races:
Humans
This race will be restricted and I will be enforcing limitations on such as the game is more focused and tailor to anthros. I reserve the right to cut off applicants to a human race at any time of my discretion if they begin to outnumber that of anthros. I’m sure not everyone likes being a furry, that is fine. Drakey has no problems with that whatsoever. I do, however, have a problem when everyone wants to be a human, this is not the setting or focus point of such. 

Denied Races:
Animal People
There is a strict difference between animal people and someone who is anthromorphic. Animal people do not possess all the furry traits of an anthro and I will be making no exceptions of allowing such into this game. The concept is not focused around such and though you may attempt to argue that through generations of mutations maybe they not being ones to mutate fully, I will honestly still wave it off and say no. Truthfully, I do adore animal people, but the game itself is more tailored around the aspects of the changed species of anthros.
Other Fantasy Races
No dragons, no unicorns, no dinosaurs, no demons, no elves, no fae, no mutated fifty foot zombies that can shoot fireballs and poop out legions of sparkling vampires. The only allowed races are basic anthros(creatures of non fantasy breeds as mentioned) and humans.

Content:
The game will be extreme, of course. Warning labels will be enforced in post tags for those that may be offended by any content that they may not wish to read. Everyone is not expected or required to take part in any exterminates within this game and will be respected. Mutual respect is expected should you find any material offensive; you do not have to read it, you do not have to participate in it. What happens in some areas as far as content goes does not dictate the entire game being similar, this is a sandbox RP.   

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Other Material

F.A.Q
Not available till more interest is shown and questions arise.

Interest Check
Kokaine
Crash
TheBlackThrone
xSnorkleRainbow
Thorne
Vergil Tanner
catherinehellfire
TheMorningstarOption
King Serperior
CurvyKitten
Viper
LSWSjr

Character Sheets
Can either be posted here or PMed to me. Although, I would prefer for NSFW sheets to be PMed to me, instead of posted here(as visitors can still see group seeking games of members.)
Character Sheet Template

General Basics
Name:
Name to your character goes here.
Aliases:
What they are related as or go by, if applicable.
What they do, if applicable.
Race:
Their general race or mixed bloodlines.
Sexuality:
What floats their boats.
Affiliation:
Who they align with, if applicable.

More In-depth Knowledge
Figure:
Short bio of build/height/whatever other perks.
Persona:
Their general personality/how they act.
Strengths:
Things they are good at.
Weaknesses:
Things they suck at, should be a weakness to every strength.
Bio
Short background bio.

Other Information
Dislikes:
Things they dislike.
Character Ons:
Their sexual kinks.
Character Offs:
Their sexual peeves.
Player Ons:
If different to character ons.
Player Offs:
If different to character offs.
Relations:
Whatever relations they may have established with others.
Additional:
Anything not covered in this.

(SFW-delete if otherwise)[float=right][img height=350]IMGURLHERE[/img][/float]
(NSFW-delete if otherwise)[float=right][spoiler=NSFW][img height=350]IMGURLHERE[/img][/spoiler][/float]
[center][size=12pt]General Basics[/size][/center]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Aliases:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]

[center][size=12pt]More In-depth Knowledge[/size][/center]
[b]Figure:[/b]
[b]Persona:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Bio[/b]

[center][size=12pt]Other Information[/size][/center]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Character Ons:[/b]
[b]Character Offs:[/b]
[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Offs:[/b]
[b]Relations:[/b]
[b]Additional:[/b]

Example Sheet

Example Sheet - FYI, this is not a MC, will likely be treated as NPC and the only 'safe' image I can pull in content to fit here

General Basics
Name:
Trixie
Aliases:
Trixy, Tricks, Trix, Fuzzball
Thief/Con-Artist
Race:
Squirrel
Sexuality:
Hetrosexual
Affiliation:
None

More In-depth Knowledge
Figure:
Stands at a fairly short height of 4'5." His phisque is feminine and he takes advantage of such in dressing in rather skimpier sorts of clothing to compliment his already girlish looks. He possesses incredible soft furr, complimented by a rather bushy tail, but underneath it all one will find him to be quite frail.
Persona:
Lazy Drake is lazy here on out(honestly need to go to bed.)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Bio

Other Information
Character Ons:
Character Offs:
Player Ons:
Player Offs:
Relations:
Additional:

NPC Sheets

NPC Sheet
Name:
Their name.
Race:
Their race.
Appearance:
Brief statistics.
Bio:
Brief background.
Affiliation:
Who they are aligned with
Permissions:
Who is allowed to use them.
Additional:
Anything else not covered.
[float=left][img height=200]IMGURLHERE/Please Spoiler Tag NSFW ones[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Permissions:[/b]

[b]Additional:[/b]

Kokaine

Im interested.

If this takes off I would probably go for a female predator (some sort of cat or a fox) who is a lieutenant in the Blood Locust gang or else maybe the head of a (obviously smaller) rival gang.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Kokaine on March 14, 2016, 09:27:50 AM
Im interested.

If this takes off I would probably go for a female predator (some sort of cat or a fox) who is a lieutenant in the Blood Locust gang or else maybe the head of a (obviously smaller) rival gang.

Quote from: Crash on March 14, 2016, 09:34:27 AM
I am thinkin an anthro squirrel could be fun.

Both sounds good to me. If you have any questions, let me know and thanks for interest. ^^

TheBlackThrone

You always come up with such interesting games. :-)

I would want to make a spider who is a thief and probably deemed a murderer for feasting on people? Lol Is that a crime in this game? Can predators feast on prey?
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 16, 2016, 11:13:58 AM
You always come up with such interesting games. :-)

I would want to make a spider who is a thief and probably deemed a murderer for feasting on people? Lol Is that a crime in this game? Can predators feast on prey?

Thanks, I try to break the norm, but sometimes don't get too many biters. Maybe since all my games fall towards 'Extreme.' :P

Eh? Most of the city is pretty lawless, I mean, beyond certain areas that may be more controlled such as North Haven. West Haven is practically gangland. Unless you are speaking more in general nature of individuals.

Killing and feasting happens(though should be consensus to player characters, but nonimportant NPCs are fair game.)

Spider sounds interesting, though I honestly haven't come across many good sources of more insectoid/arachnid anthromorphs.

Thorne

WW'S Anansi, or the aranea might work better for that than the standard 'drider' type..

I might be interested, although freeform isn't usually my schtick.
How well is this likely to allow for adapting (largely martial) characters from different settings/systems?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

TheBlackThrone

I have a mental image of him in my mind. He will be a thief/merchant/collector who preys on scumbags, so the west side will be his favorite dining area. He will have a collection of rare trinkets and items that other characters can haggle him for them. He will also steal the items off the victims he eats. :-)
The gates are open

xPeachyPuff

I'm interested. I'm thinking a rabbit, but I'm not stuck on that idea so I will look around, re-read the game info in a little while and see what I could possibly come up with c:

- Rainbow ♥

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 16, 2016, 02:56:22 PM
I'm interested. I'm thinking a rabbit, but I'm not stuck on that idea so I will look around, re-read the game info in a little while and see what I could possibly come up with c:

- Rainbow ♥

Yay! Nice to see you. :-)

I was inspired by this picture for my spider concept:
Spider Person

Of course my description for him is going to employ different colors and possibly features but his overall shape and figure will be that.
The gates are open

Kokaine

Hey Drake, do you by chance have a good resource for images? I was actually considering going for a mink instead but I can't find a picture I like.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Thorne on March 16, 2016, 12:30:18 PM
How well is this likely to allow for adapting (largely martial) characters from different settings/systems?

Hmm, how do you mean? Sorry, do not fully grasp the inquiry. >.<

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 16, 2016, 02:56:22 PM

- Rainbow ♥

Good to hear. ^_^ Any anthro is mostly fine, whatever you are comfortable with in playing.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 16, 2016, 01:09:47 PM
I have a mental image of him in my mind. He will be a thief/merchant/collector who preys on scumbags, so the west side will be his favorite dining area. He will have a collection of rare trinkets and items that other characters can haggle him for them. He will also steal the items off the victims he eats. :-)

I was inspired by this picture for my spider concept:
Spider Person

Of course my description for him is going to employ different colors and possibly features but his overall shape and figure will be that.

That is both fine with me, he sounds interesting. ^_^

Quote from: Kokaine on March 16, 2016, 06:03:42 PM
Hey Drake, do you by chance have a good resource for images? I was actually considering going for a mink instead but I can't find a picture I like.

Sent PM, if you haven't already popped on and seen it. :P

Kokaine

My O/Os

Thorne

Quote from: Thorne on March 16, 2016, 12:30:18 PM

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 16, 2016, 07:34:38 PM
Hmm, how do you mean? Sorry, do not fully grasp the inquiry. >.<

Well, the short version is that I have a character that was built for Werewolf that I think might work with some tweaking; the character isn't based on the shapeshifting and powers that went along with being a werewolf, and the concept is easy enough - she would just go from being a Mystic Ward to being a Border Ward or something of the kind.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 16, 2016, 04:24:38 PM
Yay! Nice to see you. :-)

Nice to see you too c:

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 16, 2016, 07:34:38 PM
Good to hear. ^_^ Any anthro is mostly fine, whatever you are comfortable with in playing.

Awesome~ Thank you c:

- Rainbow ♥

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Kokaine on March 16, 2016, 08:47:04 PM
PM received, thanks ^^

No prob, hope it helps.

Quote from: Thorne on March 16, 2016, 10:44:14 PM
Well, the short version is that I have a character that was built for Werewolf that I think might work with some tweaking; the character isn't based on the shapeshifting and powers that went along with being a werewolf, and the concept is easy enough - she would just go from being a Mystic Ward to being a Border Ward or something of the kind.

Hmmmmm. I'm not the best verse with systems, to be honest, there are only few I have very minimum knowledge on (D&D and that Vampire one, but those are mostly from gaming and not tabletop.) As long as it is some genetic anthro or basic human, that is fine. Werewolves and other more fantasy base creatures of that nature, not so much. The game is mostly centered around normal anthros and whatever traits they adopt from their animal family(venom, silk, defensive spraying, etc-etc.)

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 17, 2016, 05:45:03 AM
Awesome~ Thank you c:

- Rainbow ♥

You are most welcome, if you need help with anything, let me know and I will do my best to assist.
-DV

Thorne

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 17, 2016, 07:52:39 AM

Hmmmmm. I'm not the best verse with systems, to be honest, there are only few I have very minimum knowledge on (D&D and that Vampire one, but those are mostly from gaming and not tabletop.) As long as it is some genetic anthro or basic human, that is fine. Werewolves and other more fantasy base creatures of that nature, not so much. The game is mostly centered around normal anthros and whatever traits they adopt from their animal family(venom, silk, defensive spraying, etc-etc.)

Well, yes. I'm sorry, I'm not being clear.
I normally play system games ... ^^;

What I am asking is whether it would work to lose the 'werewolf' part where she can change into and out of the hybrid form (as well as all the other powers that went with the original), and just become the hybrid - the anthro, in other words - with the wolfish instincts (and senses) and human smarts. And maybe sized down a little - the original description had her between seven and eight feet tall in hybrid, and I am guessing you would like that sized down to something a little more reasonable for a timber wolf anthro..?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Hmm....interesting. I honestly have to say that the first character that came to mind was a bat-Anthro who is in the upper management of the Blood Locusts. If not them, then a rival gang....either way, he might not be second in command or anything, but he'd be in the inner circle. Like...head (or second in command) of their little Secret Police. Y'know, Enforcement does all the muscle work and whatnot, but they have their own little group that goes around ferreting out information, bribing certain people, blackmailing others...the dirty, indirect work that any gang needs in order to function properly. I just need to find a decent picture of a Bat-thro that isn't cute and cuddly. I have a very clear picture in my head, it's just about finding a picture that matches it. >.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Thorne on March 17, 2016, 12:53:28 PM
Well, yes. I'm sorry, I'm not being clear.
I normally play system games ... ^^;

What I am asking is whether it would work to lose the 'werewolf' part where she can change into and out of the hybrid form (as well as all the other powers that went with the original), and just become the hybrid - the anthro, in other words - with the wolfish instincts (and senses) and human smarts. And maybe sized down a little - the original description had her between seven and eight feet tall in hybrid, and I am guessing you would like that sized down to something a little more reasonable for a timber wolf anthro..?

Ah. yes. that is fine with me, then. Height is also fine, less you want to make her shorter.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 17, 2016, 05:03:45 PM
Hmm....interesting. I honestly have to say that the first character that came to mind was a bat-Anthro who is in the upper management of the Blood Locusts. If not them, then a rival gang....either way, he might not be second in command or anything, but he'd be in the inner circle. Like...head (or second in command) of their little Secret Police. Y'know, Enforcement does all the muscle work and whatnot, but they have their own little group that goes around ferreting out information, bribing certain people, blackmailing others...the dirty, indirect work that any gang needs in order to function properly. I just need to find a decent picture of a Bat-thro that isn't cute and cuddly. I have a very clear picture in my head, it's just about finding a picture that matches it. >.>

That sounds good to me. ^^ Also, bat-male hunting is bit tricky. Even on image dump site of anthros I use to browse, I haven't seen any I like in style. v.v Same thing mostly for few other exotics such as sharks, snakes, and various reptiles.

Edit: Well, will take this as solid base of shown interest for character sheets to be drafted, I will probably have template up tomorrow or day after(at latest.) At the moment, I do not have too much time as I have to get ready for work soon.

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so, I haven't found QUITE what I was imagining, but I have a few images in mind:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Something like that, but it moves and speaks in a more refined manner. Like...that, mixed with The Architect from Dragon Age, mixed with the stereotypical depiction of a Noble Vampire. So the character looks hideous and vicious and ugly, but is generally civil and controlled (until it gets angry).

Would that kind of characterisation, as well as him being in a position of authority within the information-wing of the Blood Locusts - like their version of the Gestapo or KGB - be acceptable? If not, I can think up a different kind of character, no problem. ^_^

And yeah, I noticed! It took me HOURS to hunt down those images. >.< The image I had in my head was kinda like a mix between The Architect, a bat (obviously), the Nazgul and the Mouth of Sauron, where it moved very gracefully, had bat-like elongated features and it generally keeps its wings folded around it, like a cloak, disguising its deceptively muscular form...since, y'know, Bats are generally pretty well muscled. XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kokaine

Yeah, pics are hard to come by. I cannot find a mink I like and even the tigress pics I'm finding are kinda meh. Might end up going fox after all. And since Vergil intends to make someone from the Blood Locusts I will just have my girl run a rival gang that's been under the radar for a while but that is starting to make some real moves.

My O/Os

Vergil Tanner

*snick*

Yeah, I just googled "Anthropomorphic Mink" and came up with pictures like this:

Which isn't QUITE the tone you want in a game like this. XD I'm lucky...at least I can pinch pictures of Vampire Lords from Skyrim and Manbat from Batman. XD

Of course, now I'm torn: On the one hand, my character could be in the Blood Locusts...on the other hand, any Iron Fisted government like that of the Northern Sector is going to have a Secret Police branch of the military....gah, decisions decisions! Or maybe a mixture of both...perhaps he is the head of the Secret Police in the Northern District, and happens to have fingers in the pies of the gangs in the West, so he knows what's going on and can keep people there in a relative state of disorder while the new government sets itself up into a position of strength....that's something that a Secret Policeman would do, isn't it? Hmm....

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it. So! New plan! My character is the head of this Totalitarian governments Gestapo, and he has contacts, informants and even some personal roles in the gangs in West Haven so he knows what's going on and can even interfere here and there if one gang is getting too big for its britches. Hell!

Kokaine, what say you to a bit of inter character espionage? The Blood Locusts have gotten too big, and MC plans to use your character and her gang to knock the Locusts down a few pegs before they get to be too big to manipulate?
DELICIOUS. I love playing the Spymaster. XD

Kokaine

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 17, 2016, 08:08:05 PM
Kokaine, what say you to a bit of inter character espionage? The Blood Locusts have gotten too big, and MC plans to use your character and her gang to knock the Locusts down a few pegs before they get to be too big to manipulate?
DELICIOUS. I love playing the Spymaster. XD

I don't mind that angle at all if all the pieces fall into place ^^

I don't have anything concrete yet but in my head I am seeing my girl as having a twin and most, if not all, will believe her brother is the one running things. Of course, she's really the one in control behind the scenes and she shall be quite manipulative. The pair will have their origins in the South but will have been plucked from their way of life and raised with the hope of them becoming civilized individuals... *snickers* ::)

And of course, in the case that anyone is looking in and considering, the twin is open to play.

My O/Os