"Children of a Forgotten World" - Post Apocalyptic Story Idea

Started by Silverfyre, February 24, 2011, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

Hello all,

Thanks for reading my little plot request.  What I am looking for is pretty broad in plot and characters, but the setting is what I am sparked into creativity about.  I finished Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" some time back and have been trying to get a good post apocalyptic story going with a similar setting.  It's dark and gritty, with barely anything left and humanity is its own salvation and enemy.  There is no supernatural or magical tinge to the world, only the mundane world gone terrible wrong.  The world is covered in ash and death and the few survivors struggle to keep some sort of life going.

So what am I looking for?  Anything, as long as it takes place in the setting.  We could go romance (two struggling survivors are cast together and have to find not only a new way of life together but love in a world devoid of it) to NC (one survivor encounters another and enslaves them) or even extreme (in a world with no rules, anything goes).  I tend to favor M/F relationships but I am open on this.

For more background info, please check here to get an idea of what the setting is like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road

Please PM me with your interest and make sure to read my O/Os.  Thanks!

Silverfyre

The story has been picked up!  Thanks for all the interest.