A journey to Abralem.

Started by uoheinrich, August 08, 2010, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uoheinrich

Harvik was an man who could get things done. He wasn't an extremely powerful man but he was strong enough to take down a bear in one shot. He was getting tired of walking. He wish he had had enough gold to get him a horse, but then again he wouldn't have anything for himself. He nibbled on some salted beef as he walked in the general direction of the town of Abralem. He had received a letter from a relative that he needed some help in trapping some animals. Harvik wrote back that he would help but he hadn't received a letter in at least a month. Getting worried he decided to head there and see what the deal was.
Harvik had heard in a local tavern that there was a band of folks going around torching small farms and the like and they were pronouncing the end of the world and demanding that the people break the yoke of their human oppressors. He didn't care to understand what they were going on about and tried to ignore the more unsettling rumors. "By the Gods its hot..." He muttered before stopping underneath a tree to rest beneath its shade and finish his salted meat. He grabbed his waterskin and drank deeply. Maybe he would take a nap. It was certainly peaceful enough.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

Avis was born in the household of the wealthy Rossi family of Italy. She had lived a wealthy life style, adorned in the latest fashion, favored upon by butlers and servants, you name it. It was a lifestyle any girl dreamed up, but one Avis quickly tired of. Sitting through long lectures, acting polite to male admirers, attending festivals she did so halfheartedly upon her father's request. Through her half laden eyes of boredom, Avis would cast an eye out the window and to the sea where she dreamed to get away.
But getting away didn't seem worth it anymore.
The black plague had swept through, leaving the Rossi household in ruins. Everyone in Avis' reach had been infected and left to die upon their beds. At the time, Avis had sat and wept by her father's place of sleep where he began to close his eyes for the last time.
"Avis," He wheezed, "Get out of this unholy place. God has saved you for a reason, Avis. Make father proud. Go, find your uncle in Abralem."

Avis clenched her fist at the memory. It was her fault the plague came and destroyed her family. Had she not thought wishfully upon leaving, they'd still stand. It was an act of punishment brought upon Avis for her sins, Avis believes this. No, it had to be true. What other reason would a God do such a thing?
"Are you lost, young boy?" Inquired a man on horseback upon the road Avis choose to take to Abralem. She hesitated, and brought the fist to her chest to further hide what little she had bindied. It was dangerous for a woman to travel around in these parts. Dressing as a man was the best way to go.
"No, sir. I'm fine, thank you."
"Very well. Care of these parts, lad," With the dip of his head, the man road onward. Avis glanced at him with a sigh. Perhaps she should venture through the woods.

uoheinrich

He lay back and stretched out half in the sun half out. He felt at peace here even though he knew he should be on his guard his longbow and arrows lay out next to him. He almost wished that he had a companion to keep him company on his journey, but knew from his relative that very few people passed through there. They had also been lucky escaping the plague living far from the city and meeting people halfway to sell their goods. He remembered his letters to his family there. No one had received the plague. It had to have been a miracle, or they were just smarter than the rest of the majority of the peasants. He placed his head on his pack as he bathed in the warmth of the sun. He popped his back and neck as he felt his body loosen up a little. A nap couldn't be that harmful
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

"Damn," muttered Avis as she tripped over another root protruding from the ground, "perhaps traveling on the road was safer. I can't make up my mind." Avis looked over her shoulder, her mouth parted slightly in dismay. She hadn't realized how far she'd traveled in so little time. The road was no longer seen. "The woods it is."
Avis pulled a hood over her head, her hand close to the dagger she wielded for defense. Knowing it wouldn't stand well in most situations, Avis had no intention of putting herself out there to cause so much drama where violence would be needed. But she hesitated now upon seeing a man resting beneath the sun. A bow lay next to him so if he'd wanted to, he could kill her before she even came close. Avis didn't even understand why she questioned talking to the man.
'You have a mission, Avis. Don't throw it away for this,' Avis thought and moved behind a tree. But... human companionship, Avis ached for it.

uoheinrich

Harvik yawned and stretched himself out. He felt like a cat but knew that he needed to be going. His relative probably wasn't doing so well at trapping. Hell,he thought to himself, the poor guys probably trapped himself!He chuckled aloud at his own amusement. He stretched one more time before getting up. He grabbed his bow that lay next to him and strung it across his back. Unfortunately, he soon realized with a loud twang that his bowstring snapped. He stood there and looked at the broken bow in a daze. Then his body shaking in fury he released a flurry of curses that would make a sailor blush. He grabbed the bow and held it in his hand. He began to stalk off before he smacked into a branch and let loose another flurry of curses.

Sairin

Avis brought a hand to her mouth and blushed to such vulgar language. Some words she hadn't even heard before. Pushing the thoughts from her mind, Avis held her breath, not wanting to be spotted.
Daring to take a glance, Avis peeked around the tree to the man and bit her lower lip while assessing the situation. To the eye, he was weaponless, but Avis wouldn't be so dumb. What kind of man only carried a bow? Confronting him was out of the question. He'd most likely be a robber or something. Who else traveled in the woods?
Hiding behind the tree once more, her hand clasping tightly onto the dagger, Avis closed her eyes in waiting for him to pass. Afterward she could decide what to do, but the danger must pass first.

uoheinrich

Harvik was looking around realizing he had no idea where he was. He began cursing again spouting off on how God was making jests with him by pointing him in the wrong direction and thanking Him for getting him lost. He sat himself back down and began to think. He tried to remember where the road was and then it hit him: Moss. He headed for a big tree to his left and walked around only to see a hooded figure. "Oh no...."

Sairin

A sinking feeling gripped Avis. Too late for hiding now, but fighting didn't seem necessary quite yet. Besides, he wouldn't know she was a woman... hopefully.
"Ahh, master!" Avis slurred the words and bowed her head as if in shame. "I didn't mean to be spi'n on you, sir. Can I-" Avis' mind began to whirl in things to do for the man. Had he been wealthy she could perhaps clean his shoes or something, but the idea seemed ridiculous. Why clean in such a dirty place? Speaking of which, Avis wished badly to bathe...
'Snap out of it! Do a favor for the man and get out!'
"Can I offer you, umm... some bread?" Avis asked lamely.

uoheinrich

He looked at the figure strangely. Whoever it was they had a queer accent and an even queerer voice. "Uh, you alright there?" He said not even paying attention to the offer of bread they had made. He wasn't even sure whether the person was male or female the voice was so strange. "Might I ask why you were spying on me?" He said in an articulate way. "And on another note don't call me sir. Do I look like a knight to you?" He said revealing the leather clothing and armor he had on. "Because I certainly don't think so." He added sarcastically.

Sairin

Avis clenched her fist. He was mocking her, and no one did that to people in her family. But Avis had to, in this circumstance, let it be.
Keeping her head bowed Avis spoke softly, "My condition is of no concern for you, and even if I hadn't have said I was spi'n, then you would have guessed it, and jumped to conclusions. Better to lie a confess and offer quick judgment, sir, don't you think? As for my real reasons rather then spi'n, I was shocked by finding you in the woods. And if not a knight, then a murderer." Avis let it out in a breath, not thinking about what had just came out her mouth. Moments later she regretted it.
'You've gone too far this time, Avis.'

uoheinrich

He looked at her with a face of pure shock. It didn't last long as the woodsman's face grew twisted with rage. "How dare you! You just see some person in the woods and you assume he's a murderer! By God do you think everyone is just a low down piece of shit." He stated with great anger. It had been a long time since he met someone as snobbish as this person was being. "If I didn't know any better you're probably some idiot noble who's gotten in over his head." He spit on the ground at her feet. "Hope you rot you no good for nothing waste of life." He shouldered out of his way and went back into the woods.

Sairin

Avis let out a growl and threw her bread at the man, landing it straight in the back of his head.
"You don't know anything about me, you low life nothing! And you can hope I'd rot, but I know god damn well you will!" Avis stood tall before the man, her blood boiling. This was it, she'd need to brace herself for his attack. Was she scared? Yes, but she wasn't about to show it.

uoheinrich

He turned in shock he had finally figured it out.  The reason that the man's voice was so high was because wasn't a man at all, it was a woman. "You're a woman aren't you..." He stated. His face showing no emotion. "Damnation," he finally said as he punched a tree. He picked up the bread and tossed it over to her. "You'll be needing that." He tried calming himself down. He was finding it quite difficult.

Sairin

Avis bit her lower lip, wondering how she slipped up some way, but perhaps she could put him off.
"Woman?! How dare you call me a woman!" Avis yelled and ran for the man, her fist held up in the air, ready to strike him.

uoheinrich

Harvik sighed as he saw her coming. He ducked underneath the blow she would have dealt him and came up hard slamming his bow into her stomach. He came back around and slammed it a second time across her back, "You should never start a fight unless you intend to finish it.."

Sairin

Avis fell into a fetal position as she gasped for air, the bow having knocked the wind out of her. She gritted her teeth as a dull pain began to form across her back and stomach. Breathing heavily, Avis made a quick move with her dagger in hand to slash at his feet. Who said she wouldn't finish it?

uoheinrich

"Ahhhg!" He screamed aloud at this unexpected retaliation. His leg had a gash in it from the womans dagger; He rolled away. "Damn it!" He cursed through gritted teeth as he looked at his wound. She had almost cut a tendon and would have made him lame. She was intentionally trying to hurt him. He pulled out a hatchet that was more used to cutting wood and was not sharp enough to cut through human flesh, but, it would have to do. He tried to get into a defensive stance

Sairin

Avis gasped and dropped her dagger, changing her mind once more. He was at a high advantage being that she was on the ground, also, convinced he was a murderer, Avis knew his skills in fighting would be better then hers. She could be the patient type and hope he didn't kill her now. If he took her against her will, then she'd have a chance to attack him at a different point.
Avis evaded her eyes from his as a little pink blush rose into her cheeks in an anger of being defeated by a low life.

uoheinrich

He tried to hold his stance but once he saw her drop the dagger he collapsed to the ground. "Don't finish something you can't finish.." He muttered under his breath as he knew that all he did instead of detering her was angering her. He ripped his shirt keeping an eye on her as he now tried to bind his wound quickly. "Damnit..." He began another torrent of curses some of which he threw her way for his wound.

Sairin

Avis bit her lower lip and moved into a sitting position, her head becoming dizzy at the sight of blood. She'd never seen a wound like that before and it made her queezy.
"I think I'm going..."Avis put a hand to her temple as the woods began to spin, "I'm going to-" She didn't finish her thoughts before passing out before his feet, face first.

uoheinrich

Harvik just sat there dumb founded. "You cannot be serious...." He looked at her before finishing up bandaging his wound. He limped over to her and looked at her, removing the cloak from her. Noticing she had passed out he began to laugh heartily. He had been right it was a woman. "Oh Fates! You truly must be jesting." He dragged her over to his tree where he had been and tied her against it with a spare length of rope he had. "Now I don't have to worry about you killing me.." He muttered after he was done. He sat back down and nursed his leg before splashing some water on her. "Wake up you trouble maker.." He growled.

Sairin

Avis rolled her head and let out a moan.
"Why do I have to wake up so early? Lord Darren isn't coming till noon," Avis groaned, feeling out of place. This didn't feel like her bed. It wasn't comfortable in the slightest, nor could she move. Avis' eyes opened to a foul smell. She cringed upon looking at the man. Was that him? Or had something died farther off...
Where was she? This wasn't a fashionably adorned room, but a dirty woods. Avis struggled at the bindings but as her memory recalled she ceased to struggle. Oh lord. Is he going to kill me now? How did I pass out? Avis' eyes looked to his wrapped ankle as her stomach took a queezy turn once more. Right. I did that as well...'
"I order you to let me go!" Avis said suddenly, daring to gaze into his eyes. She'd not let him think she was so weak.

uoheinrich

"Of course Your Highness," He sarcastically stated, not even looking at her. "Now if you would like to be able to continue speaking don't annoy me or I'll find something foul to stick in that mouth of yours." He winced as he tried to get up. The pain in his leg a raging fire, he took out some ale and drank deeply hoping it would numb the pain. "I intend to make you pay for this." He growled at her gesturing towards his leg.

Sairin

"You rejected my bread," Avis said with a scowl and went to struggling at the binds once more. She kept her head down, not even wanting to look at the man.

uoheinrich

He looked at her with the look of an old man trying to argue with a young man who wasn't making any sense. "And so you attack me?!" He shook his head and breathed deeply. "Be quiet now please. I'd like to rest this wound that you gave me."