News:

Main Menu

Zombies can love?

Started by blackcatotaku, November 20, 2012, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackcatotaku

Okay... So I a friend of mine showed me this trailer at first we thought it was a joke but it appears that this will be a real move... Tell me do you think this is a good idea? Or are they ruining Zombies? Maybe I'm alone in thinking that this might be pushing the idea of lovable monsters too far...
Warm Bodies Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Zombie Movie HD

Silverfyre

Oh gods, why?  As if they didn't do enough with vampires in Twilight.  Now they release a Zombie-light?

...then again, it looks satirical and comedic at points in the trailer. I really don't know about this one.  It might be hilarious... or a terribly bad film that ends up taking itself way too romantically serious.  I'd give it a shot as a rental.

Lux12

If it's a comedy or satire as Silver said then it could be quite excellent. However if they're trying to be dead serious , my expectations are less than optimistic.

Silverfyre

Exactly my thoughts.  I really hope they go the satirical angle because that would make it a decent flick, a la Zombieland.

Shjade

Quote from: Lux12 on November 20, 2012, 12:04:33 PM
However if they're trying to be dead serious

What you did there.

I see it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Beorning

I think that the comedic intent is quite obvious here. Come on :)

Plus, it's not like romantic angle has never been tried with zombies. In Piers Anthony's Xanth books, one very minor character was a zombie who fell in love.

NotoriusBEN

I- what... I mean-huh...

give me a minute.

Moraline

Quote from: Silverfyre on November 20, 2012, 11:56:08 AM
Oh gods, why?  As if they didn't do enough with vampires in Twilight.  Now they release a Zombie-light?
<snip>

This was my first thought exactly.

The movie looks entertaining but it's just the Zombie version of sparkly vampires.

Zombies have been over done now for years anyways, even more so then Vampires.

It's all trite.

TheGlyphstone

NotoriusBEN

ok, i've watched the trailer a couple more times and Im gonna pass.

Maybe if it was a curse or something like Stubbs or Beetlejuice, but its a virus so... blegh.
I will give them props for going the shtick route though.

Mathim

Try the movie Fido for lovable zombies.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Dasheva Blackheart

I wanna see this! Like, really bad!

blackcatotaku

Oh I will see it but I will torrent it and watch it with riff tracks to be sure.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

TheGlyphstone

It's listed as a romantic zombie comedy, so there's a gleam of hope involved. Remains to be seen if the comedy is actually funny or not.

Kiss

I saw this trailer in the theaters and I think it will be really funny, as long as it's meant to be a comedy like other people said. If they're trying to make it serious I'm not really sure how good it's going to be.

On the other hand, I think the idea for the movie is pretty unique ^^

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Chris Brady

Zombies are so 2005, can we find another monster now?  Please?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aiden

Saerrael

B1ackP3ter

i think it's a great idea for say, a roleplay or something, buuuuttt.. not so much a generic movie. Unless they make it similar to Zombieland.  O8)

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WindVoyager

QuoteMummies imo

Come give Mummy a hug

I don't touch romantic comedy's. Feels too cheap and cheesy for me, its Twilight but for zombies. There goes another once frightening monster genre that has been touched by the Sparklepire Curse

Oniya

Just discovered this - a zombie movie set at the LHC (Large Hadron Collider), and actually filmed on location!  (Full movie, grab some popcorn!)

Decay (2012) - The LHC Zombie Movie [full film]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17