News:

Main Menu

Instrumentals

Started by Xenphir, March 06, 2014, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Those who like calming or even up-beat instrumental music can post YouTube or other vids here to share what they like.

This is one of my favorites lately, but I wish I knew what KIND of flute it was. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5YAZXhfHWw

rou

So, I don't listen to that much calming music, but I do love instrumental pieces—especially epic music. Two Steps from Hell makes amazing music. Can I please assume that, though this is about instrumental music, we can also post songs in which vocals (usually as a choir) is more a part of the whole instrumentation? Because this is one of my favorite TSFH songs and it definitely has vocals. But they're gorgeous, and I don't recognize the language—it may be fictional.

http://youtu.be/z8IKGSTzQMk

I love this song and many others as inspiration for writing stories and RPing. (:

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Xenphir

I don't care at the moment, since that song was amazing xD Any the vocals are fine as long as it isn't straight up singing and used more as an instrument itself.

rou

I adore TSFH. I like to be vaguely hipster-ish and say I liked them before I realized how popular they were. Their music has been used in... well.

Quote from: WikipediaThe company's music has been featured in:

Trailers for, but not limited to: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Dark Knight, The Fighter, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Tron: Legacy, Anna Karenina, No Country for Old Men, 2012, Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Super 8, Inception, Drive Angry, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1", Hugo, John Carter, The Town, Priest, and Prince of Persia.

Video Games such as Resident Evil 6, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, PlanetSide 2, Killzone 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, League of Legends, F1 2013 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Television shows such as Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Revolution, Homeland, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Merlin, Deadliest Warrior, and during the 2012 London Olympics. The track Archangel was also used in the 18/05/2013 episode of Britain's Got Talent.

So, they're a pretty big deal. xD My favorites on there are Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, and Sherlock. I just think it's really cool the reach they have. And that's just a shortlist in general. I think I'm maybe giving them too much credit, because this is exactly their job: they make music for use in cinematic trailers and sell them. So they're successful at their job. xD

Sorting through all of their music for good songs that you like is a little harder, because they make music for a lot of different moods. I might be looking for something similar to Enigmatic Soul and I'll get bombarded with a lot of belligerent war songs (which they're also wonderful at).

Xenphir

Lately I've been trying to find calming music that isn't some meditation crap xD Celtic is what I've been attached to for awhile.

rou

Quote from: Xenphir on March 06, 2014, 11:53:06 PM
Lately I've been trying to find calming music that isn't some meditation crap xD Celtic is what I've been attached to for awhile.

I was going to start listening to some Celtic music if I could. Mostly I try to find a bunch of different music to put me in different moods for writing. If you're a fan of instrumental piano music, I would also look up some of Doug Hammer's work. I don't have anything in particular to link because I haven't listened to many of his songs, but I've also never heard a bad one.

And for anybody who likes easy (but rather melancholy) jazz, I also recommend this:
http://youtu.be/tgBAvOJNlus

Other Tord Gustavsen songs I love: Where Breathing Starts and Being There

Xenphir

Hmm not big on most sorts of Jazz sadly :o

But here's my favorite instrumental artist so far with 2 hours of celtic xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwuQ6UHMQg

He also does other kinds of instrumentals too. :3