3.5 DnD - DM looking for PCs

Started by NicciKotor, July 02, 2010, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenedictWolfe

Ah, I see it wouldn't really work out then. Oh well. Good luck on the game in any case, girls.

ff

You guys should definitely use the Magic Item Compendium if Nicci is allowing it, it's much more powerful. For example, a +1 flaming weapon becomes 5K rather than 8K, and the 'flaming' attribute can be taken out (it's part of an inserted 'energy crystal' which costs 3K) and put into a different +1 weapon (say, your ranged weapon).

Also if she allows Kate's items, then you should rebaf your own armor to work similarly, i.e. mithril chain shit with continuous Mage Armor and Shield Effects, etc., it will be cheaper for the same effect - why pay 4K for +2 when you can pay 2K for +4. (Mage Armor only if she rules the armor bonuses stack, because one is the base armor class bonus, the other is its enhancement bonus - note that Mage Armor is the spell used in item creation when creating +X armor). You might also consider continuous Protection From Evil, which will be cheaper than +2 deflection and +2 resistance items (albeit only against evil enemies, although Prot. Evil. has some other benefits).

Oh also, another trick, if you're allowed, is to make all your stuff only useable by people of your alignment. This makes it cheaper (usually 30%) and discouraged stealing!

So am I 'out' then? Or is Benedict not playing?

Keelan

Quote from: ff on July 04, 2010, 02:22:34 PM
You guys should definitely use the Magic Item Compendium if Nicci is allowing it, it's much more powerful. For example, a +1 flaming weapon becomes 5K rather than 8K, and the 'flaming' attribute can be taken out (it's part of an inserted 'energy crystal' which costs 3K) and put into a different +1 weapon (say, your ranged weapon).

Also if she allows Kate's items, then you should rebaf your own armor to work similarly, i.e. mithril chain shit with continuous Mage Armor and Shield Effects, etc., it will be cheaper for the same effect - why pay 4K for +2 when you can pay 2K for +4. (Mage Armor only if she rules the armor bonuses stack, because one is the base armor class bonus, the other is its enhancement bonus - note that Mage Armor is the spell used in item creation when creating +X armor). You might also consider continuous Protection From Evil, which will be cheaper than +2 deflection and +2 resistance items (albeit only against evil enemies, although Prot. Evil. has some other benefits).

Oh also, another trick, if you're allowed, is to make all your stuff only useable by people of your alignment. This makes it cheaper (usually 30%) and discouraged stealing!

So am I 'out' then? Or is Benedict not playing?
Well, by the looks of it Benedict withdrew his character and himself, so it's doubtful that he'd be playing.

NicciKotor

Stick with Magic Item Compendium for the time being, no need to get into custom items when this book has hundreds of them.

Also the augment crystals have limits on them. The come as least, lesser, and greater. Least can be slapped onto masterwork only, lesser is +1 and higher, and greater is +3 or higher.

Just read through that book and see what you like. There is plenty of odd and interesting things in there.

Looks like I am going with Kate, Keelan, and ff then. Swashbuckler/rogue sounds just fine, nothing wrong with scantily clothed pirate girl off doing something besides being on boats. Kate and Keelan are done, as long as Keelan is going with her ranger/druid build.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Keelan

(Figure I'd post her up here as well)

Name: Keela Kavanaugh
Race: Human
Class: Ranger/Druid-6
Alignment: True Neutral

Languages
Common
Druidic
Elven
Dwarven
Sylvan

Str: 18/+4
Dex: 16/+3
Con: 16/+3
Int: 16/+3
Wis: 16/+3
Cha: 12/+1

HP: 58

Speed: 30ft

BAB: +6/+1
Grapple: +14 ( +6 BAB +4 Str, +4 Improved Grapple)

AC: 21 (10 + 6 Armor + 1 Natural + 1 Deflection + 3 Dex)
Flat-Footed: 18
Touch: 14

Initiative: +9 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative +2 Quick Draw (DM Permit))
Fortitude: +8 (+5 Base, +3 Con)
Reflex: +8 (+5 Base, +3 Dex)
Will: +8 ( +5 Base, +3 Wis)

Skills
Climb: +13 (9 Ranks, +4 Strength)
Concentration: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Con)
Hide: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Dex)
Jump: +13 (9 Ranks, +4Str)
Listen: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Wis)
Move Silently: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Dex)
Search: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Int)
Spot: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Wis)
Survival: +12 (9 Ranks, +3 Wis) (+2 Synergy, when following tracks)
Swim: +13 (9 Ranks, +4 Str)

Special Abilities
Favored Enemy (Monstrous Humanoid)
Track
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy (1d20 +7 Level)
Animal Companion (Wolf)
Combat Style (Two-Weapon Fighting)
Woodland Stride
Endurance
Trackless Step
Resist Nature's Lure
Favored Enemy (Undead)
Improved Combat Style (Improved Two-Weapon Fighting)
Wild Shape 2/day

Feats
Improved Unarmed Strike
Improved Grapple
Quick Draw
Improved Initiative

Caster Level: 6 / 3 (Ranger)

Spells per day
0: 5
1: 4 / 2 (Ranger)
2: 4
3: 3

Equipment
Mithral Shirt of Calling +2 (+6 AC, +6 Max Dex, Called, 10lbs, 7100gp)
Keen Scimitar (+10, 1d6+4, 15-20x2, Slashing, 4lbs, 2400gp)
Kukri (+10, 1d4+4, 15-20x2, Slashing, 2lbs, 20gp)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000gp)
Dagger x2 (+10/+9, 1d4+4, Piercing, 10ft Range, 1lb)
Bag of Holding Type 1 (250lbs, 30ft^3, 15lbs) 2500

Non-Combat Equipment (< or = 80gp w/ Daggers)
Backpack
Bedroll
Belt Pouch
50ft Silk Rope
Waterskin
Torch x2
Flint and Steel
2 sets of Clothing
Manacles
Rations x5
Rain Tarp

Clothing
Knee High Boots
Leather Skirt
Belt w/Pouch
Sleeveless Shirt and Vest over Mithral Shirt
Leather Gloves and Bracers
Cloak
Undergarments

Remaining Gold: 0

-------------------------

Fenrir
Race: Wolf
HD: 6

Str: 15/+2
Dex: 17/+3
Con: 16/+3
Int: 2/-4
Wis: 12/+1
Cha: 6/-2

HP: 55

Speed: 50ft

BAB: +4
Grapple: +6 (+4 BAB, +2 Str)

AC: 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Natural Armor)
Touch: 13
Flat-Footed: 16

Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Fortitude: +8 (+5 Base, +3 Con)
Reflex: +8 (+5 Base, +3 Dex)
Will: +3 (+2 Base, +1 Wis)

Skills
Hide: +2
Listen: +5
Move Silently: +3
Spot: +5
Survival: +1

Special Abilities
Low-light vision
Scent
Track
Weapon Focus (Bite)
Link
Share Spells
Evasion
Devotion

Tricks
Defend
Attack
Guard

Attack: Bite +7 (1d6 + 2, x2)
Special Attack: Trip

Appearance
A grey wolf who's clearly been getting regular meals.  Fenrir is a bit larger than is common for wolves of his kind, and seems to have a sense of an alpha about him.

QuoteKinks and Related Information
For this particular character's sexuality and sexual nature, ideally she'd be submissive and homosexual, though I am willing to make her more of a switch and bisexual with a preference for women if otherwise would prove problematic for anyone.

The link in my signature goes to my complete list of ons/offs, but I'll detail a bit of the specifics regarding this particular character.

Particular to this character, anything non-consensual, humiliating, violent, or generally considered extreme is out, so basically anything in my 'Never' section and some of my 'Dislike' section, though some will be possible if she ends up being bisexual.  Conversely, everything in my 'Likes' is a go, as well as multiple partners, toys, masturbation and watching others masturbate, and rimming.  Some exhibitionist or voyeuristic tendencies are possible, as is anal and being tied but not gagged.  If I haven't mentioned it and it's not a 'Never' in my Ons/Offs, then feel free to ask me.  Oh, and non-humans (but not animals) are good

One thing I'd like to clarify is that while she is submissive (ideally, anyway), she's not the type for the more extreme end of dom/sub, definitely not master/slave.

NicciKotor

Might as well list your kinks for all three of you. That way we are all on the same page in terms of who likes what.

Keelan

Quote from: NicciKotor on July 04, 2010, 07:58:54 PM
Might as well list your kinks for all three of you. That way we are all on the same page in terms of who likes what.
Added in at the bottom of my character sheet above

NicciKotor

Gah! Did not notice that ff edited her post with her character until now. A tad bit of a forewarning would have had been nice. Anyway...

Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+9

That looks off. And yes it is, you have a full BAB, so your BAB at this point should be +6/+1. Ah, but your full attack has the right amount of attacks. Besides spending the rest of your gold you should be fine enough.

I may get the thread started tonight, as I am going to the devils goal posts tomorrow, which will eat up a considerable amount of time. Don't expect me to post anything until 3-4 pm tomorrow.

NicciKotor

Woo-hoo, I got the thread started:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74393.0

Bribery and promises of sexual acts always work!

ff

Quote from: NicciKotor on July 04, 2010, 11:49:07 PM
Gah! Did not notice that ff edited her post with her character until now. A tad bit of a forewarning would have had been nice. Anyway...

Oopise, I could've sworn that particular post had the stat block from the getgo, but I do have a bad habit of editing my posts rather than making new replies, so who knows.

Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+9

That looks off. And yes it is, you have a full BAB, so your BAB at this point should be +6/+1. Ah, but your full attack has the right amount of attacks. Besides spending the rest of your gold you should be fine enough.

Ah, I was just using the WotC/SRD style stat block (ex: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm) which has a 'Base Attack/Grapple: line with two numbers; the first is just the BAB (without iterative attacks) and the second is the grapple mod (BAB + Str mod + any size modifiers or other modifiers).

To render it clearer perhaps I'll do something more to your liking such as:

"BAB progression: +6/1
Grapple bonus: +9"

Oddly, the WotC/SRD stat blocks don't actually have the iterative attack progression anywhere (perhaps they just consider it implicit that +6 grants a second attack at -5, +11 a third at -10, and +16 a fourth at -15), although it's often reflected indirectly in the Full Attack entry. They probably highlight the Grapple bonus so that people don't have t9 keep the size modifiers memorized. For Medium-size PCs it's usually more obvious, BAB + Str mod if they don't have anything special like the Improved Grapple feat.

I'll also add her magic items and her kinks to her sheet as suggested.  >:)

I may get the thread started tonight, as I am going to the devils goal posts tomorrow, which will eat up a considerable amount of time. Don't expect me to post anything until 3-4 pm tomorrow.

Take your time baby! Looking forward to it!

NicciKotor

I already got it up. Happy fun time for the three of you to discuss the current situation while I am away.

Also reposty into a new post with your character sheet, that way it is away from all of the clutter on the second page. 

ff

Name: Aria
Class: Rogue / Swashbuckler
Bio: Daughter to retired adventurers who'd more or less bought their way into polite Luskan society using the treasures, skills, and reputations gleaned from their exploits, Aria grew to found herself nudged towards high learning. Her parents, it seems, hoped for a safer life for their daughter, and to their dismay her favorite subject seemed to be her fencing practice nonetheless. At least, unlike most of her friends' parents, her own seemed amenable to the idea of a daughter learning such things at all, perhaps because their careers had shown them what a dangerous place the world could be.

These teenage tensions boiled over into Aria learning how to sneak out and about at night, and she got herself into tatters of trouble, and eventually one scrap she'd not have survived from herself. Rescued from petty thugs of a Luskan pirate lord by a priestess of the Red Knight, Aria ventured out to visit her savior's temple on subsequent nights. She never lost her disobedient urge, but perhaps channeled it with more purpose.

She found companionship and learning of the sorts she'd longed for, which proved a bulwark against a dark part of her own nature: she discovered through the aggravating throes of puberty, and leafing about in her family heraldry, that one of her great-grandmothers just might've been an erinyes devil. This shared revelation renewed her priestess benefactor's attentions and concerns. So far, Aria has maintained a far loftier heart than her infamous ancestor's. The blood may've even contributed a disciplined and logical bent of mind which serves well one who would revere the Lady of Strategy.

Kinks: Bisexual but much more particular when it comes to males (may go for the guy but not a guy). Similarly, both dom or sub but more particular when it comes to other doms. Especially enjoys 'teaching' a submissive, shy, or innocent female, and practicing compassionate domination. May practice more coercive domination, especially as part of some other goal (such as interrogation using sexuality as negative and-or positive leverage). Enjoys giving and receiving for oral, vaginal, and anal alike (to 'give' vaginal or anal, may use fingers or handled and worn toys). Voyeuristic/exhibitionist streak.   

Aria
Lesser tiefling, gestalt rogue 6 swashbuckler 6
Medium Outsider (native)
Hit Dice: 6d10+12 (49 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (+5 Dex, +5 armor, +2 dodge), touch 17, flat-footed 22 (uncanny dodge)
Base Attack Iterative Progression: +6/+1
Grapple: +9
Attack: kukri +12 melee (1d4+6/15-20) or comp. longbow +12 ranged (1d8+6/x3)
Full Attack: two kukris +10/+5 melee (1d4+6/15-20) or comp. longbow +12 ranged (1d8+6/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: insightful strike, lesser darkness 1/day, sneak attack +6d6
Special Qualities: darkvision 60', dodge bonus +2, evasion, grace +2, resistances (cold, elec, fire 2), trapfinding, trap sense +2, uncanny dodge
Saves: Fort +5, Reflex +13, Will +4
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 21, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 9
Skills: Bluff +10, Disable Device +12, Hide +18, Listen +10, Move Silently +16, Open Lock +14, Search +12, Spot +10, Tumble +14
Feats: Daring Outlaw, Improved Critical (kukri), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Telling Blow, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Alignment: Lawful good
Deity: Red Knight ('The Lady of Strategy', LN goddess of tactical and wisdom warfare) if Forgotten Realms setting; or closest analog of Athena if in another setting
Flaws: Frail (-1 hp/level), Weak Fortitude (-3 Fort)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Infernal, Sylvan
Possession: 4 mw kukris, mw comp. longbow (Str rating +3), +1 mithral chain shirt, vest of resistance +1, quiver with 100 cold iron arrows and 20 silver arrows, 4 kukris, 2 throwing axes, 2 light hammers, 6 daggers, Belt of Battle, grappling hook and 100' of silk rope, thin bedroll and rain tarp, one tenday of rations, flint and tinder, 3 sunrods, two scout's outfits, one silk aristocratic gown, forest camouflage rain cloak (mw tool for hide), soft padded elven footwear (mw tool for move silently), map of the known world, canteen, light warhorse and military saddle, handy haversack, 100 gp

Darkvision (Ex): A tiefling has darkvision to a 60-foot range.
Lesser Darkness (Sp): Once per day, the tiefling may use an effect similar to darkness (caster level equals tiefling's character level), except that the radius is 5 feet. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.
Skill Bonuses: A tiefling has a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.
Resistances (Ex): A tiefling starts play with resistance 2 to cold, electricity, and fire.

Insightful Strike (Ex): add Int mod to damage with light and finessable weapons.
Telling Blow (Ex): add sneak attack damage to critical hits. 

Belt of Battle: +2 competence bonus to Initiative as a continuous effect. Also has three charges, renewed each day at dawn, which may be used to grant extra actions (1 charge for a move action, 2 for a standard action, and 3 for a full round action). 12,000 gp.

Sources: Complete Warrior: swashbuckler; Complete Scoundrel: Daring Outlaw feat (stack rogue and swashbuckler levels for determining dodge, grace, sneak attack); PHBII: Telling Blow feat (crits deal sneak attack damage); Savage Progressions (at wizards.com): lesser tiefling (i.e. LA +0 tiefling); Magic Item Compendium: Belt of Battle.

Kate

(Decided to not care about my armor class and got a ring of charm animal instead, hey N - I forgot - I also have a potion of blessed seed - hopefully thats permitted - just pm me if its not.)

btw all this may make things easier.

IC https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74393.0
Characters https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74426.0
OOC https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74427.0

Ironwolf85

I might take a crack at it if there are any more characters.
been wanting to do a musketeer like fantasy character lately
that or a dwarf rouge named Nikoli
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.