Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply remains at Jake's side and she listens with peeked curiousity.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Are you sure we'll be safe?" Jake asked nervously.

"Well they're going to face a struggle to get in here," Merlin replied. "As long as they don't find the other entrance we should have a headstart. Everyone ready to go?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she listens. " I am ready to go. " she says while holding Jake's hand.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they stepped through the portal for a moment they were faced with complete darkness, before they found themselves in what looked like an immense rocky desert which stretched as far as they could see, a strange purple and orange tinged sky above them.

Lady Temptress

Hannah gazes admiringly at the sky above them and she looks at the surrounding dessert. " Wow."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Welcome to the infinite realm," Merlin said. "I've heard stories about this place but even I've never been here. The laws of physics don't exist here so be very VERY careful what you do." The ogre pointed to the distance where a strange dark shape was barely visible "I'm guessing that's where our destination is then."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she follows beside Jake while she listens and looks aroiund at their newest surroundings.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"How are we going to find our way back?" Jake said, worried by the fact their surroundings already seemed to be altering around them.

"Don't worry," Merlin replied. "Our ogre friend is leaving a trail we can't see but he'll be able to. As long as we don't piss him off enough he leaves us here we'll be fine."

Lady Temptress

She chuckles concerning the orge guy comment and Hannah simply nods her head as Jake and Merlin talk over things.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't get it," Jake said. "How come the fortress and the portal don't change but everything else does?" he asked as they found themselves walking across a snowy tundra suddenly.

"Because they are the only physical things here other than us," Merlin replied. "The infinite realm is like a giant flux, if you stayed here long enough you'd probably find yourself walking on thin air, or what looked like thin air anyway."

Lady Temptress

" If it isn't thin air, what would it be then?" Hannah tosses in her question and curiosity of the conversation, pondering if they would even hear her or remark an answer for her.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I could explain that," Merlin replied. "But it's said if you really understand how this place works you begin to lose your mind. After all it involves trying to comprehend the space-time continuum itself."

Lady Temptress

" Indeed. That makes perfect sense." she says to Merlin and she holds onto Jake's hand.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We've got company," Jake said, not taking his eye off the fortress ahead of them. "Even here my device's motion detectors are being triggered." As if on a cue an immense shadow passed over them. As they looked up an immense dragon was visible, glittering with an unnatural light. The creature moved between them and the fortress, unleashing a blast of fire. Thankfully for them the ogre stepped in front of Jake, Merlin and Hannah, deflecting the fire using a force field that seemed to appear out of thin air.

Lady Temptress

Hannah sees the dragon creature starring at her and she listens to Jake, then she speaks in a faint soft tone of voice. " The dragon from my dreams."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We need to find a way round it," Jake said as the dragon hovered close to the ground between them and the fortress.

"You'll never get past it," the ogre replied, surprising them by suddenly speaking in a language they could understand. "Even if I stayed here it knows you're more vulnerable than I am. Leave this to me, we are both dragonkin, I should be able to persuade it."

Lady Temptress

she frowns with a deep sigh when they ignore her comment and that isn't the first time they have done that to her. How rude. " Again, as I had said, thats the dragon in my dreams and how are you Merlin, dragonkin to the creature?" she doubts that she will recieve an answer, and this is the last time she will ask.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

(its the ogre speaking not Merlin  :P) "Dragon ogres and dragons share common ancestors if you look far enough into our past," the ogre replied. "Unlike my kind dragons do no speak any human language so I'm the only one who can get through to him."

Lady Temptress

( You didn't clarify that in the post dear. So I didn't know. :P Hannah just stands with Jale as she holds onto him while she listens to them tallk.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The ogre placed himself halfway between them and the dragon, shouting to it. The creature's interest was clearly peaked, as it landed a matter of feet from the ogre. Now it was closer they could see its colouring more clearly. Its skin seemed to glitter like gold, but two jet black eyes were set into its head, although a strange red glow seemed to emanate from somewhere inside them.

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply watches as the events around them are unfolding.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We have a problem," the ogre called to them. "Or we might do anyway. According to Mae'lar here there is already someone within the fortress. It's not a Time Hunter though and it's yet to attempt to steal the weapon."

Lady Temptress

" Oh lovely. More surprises. Who else could it be then?" Hannah asks with a mix of curioisuty and sarcasm in her tone of voice.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Mae'lar hasn't seen the creature," the ogre replied. "However he is aware of its prescence. We are probably safe but we should proceed carefully until we are sure what we are dealing with."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she listens while she stands next to Jake. " Alrightt."
Lady Dreamer