Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a secret identity
Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm with her gin and tonic
Wearing: This ensemble and mask and Secret Identity!
Location: Masquerade Ball, Mystery Balcony. Back to the ballroom.
Tagging: The Phantom of the Caravanserai (Joseph Edwards),
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… ooh he drives a hard bargain! … yet the cigarettes are a dead giveaway … the guy that Steffy was hitting on earlier … so do I? …

  “Okay, just for you please. No one else until the unveiling.”

… lean in close and sweep my arm across the lower part of my face as though I had a cape … sotto voce …

  “I … am … Batgirl!“

… lower my arm and rest my hand on his arm …

  “Shall we rejoin the living before I am summoned to save Gotham from The Phantom?” #Giggle

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 9:00 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Balcony moving back to Main Hall
Tagging: Käti, Reese, Open

"Fair's fair." The Phantom would reply after she had fulfilled her end of the bargain. He would take off his mask momentarily, long enough for her to see his face. "Secret's safe with me." Joseph gave her a wink and put the mask back on.

Leading the way, he would walk back into the Main Hall, to find the crowd of people applauding him. Though why, he did not know.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a secret identity
Tagging: The Phantom of the Caravanserai (Joseph Edwards), Open

… he reveals who I thought … I pat his cheek …

  “Why don’t you come up and see me sometime!”

… waggle an eyebrow at him … I step away from him just after we enter the hall … the crowd turns to applaud …

  “Go ahead Phantom, adventure awaits!”

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Wearing fortune teller dress and mask
Location Main room
Tagging Steffy

Lalita winds her way back through the crowd to the slightly quiter corner of the ball room. As they do so the announcement for  the best dress can be heard and as they walk Lalita applauds. The tent stands silent and mysterious before them. Lalita reaches out her bangles chime merrily as she pushes back the curtained doorway the hooded female reaches for a tasseled rope and loops the piece of cloth through it. Returning to her chair she sits and flourishes a hand to indicate that Steffy should sit also. "Which shall we look at first? The hand or the cards?" she asks.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | 9:30 PM
Wearing: Blue Dress with Mask
Tagging: Joseph Edwards

Reese was accustomed to people being shy about being onstage but she suspected that was not the reason for the man's delay, especially after he volunteered to perform without practicing in front of a live audience. If anything, he appeared more confused by the onslaught of attention being poured upon him.

"Step right up, Phantom!" She encouraged with a beckoning motion of her hand. "You're one of tonight's winners!"

The other winner of the gentleman category did not appear to be present in the hall anymore. She made a mental note to seek them out tomorrow and offer their prize to them.

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: Evening of the Masquerade Ball
Wearing: Red Gown
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, open

At the suggestion to visit the tent by Lalita, I’ve suggested it might be exotic.  And when Lalita leads us there, I’m right, again—exotic.  Clearly no insight needed for that.  I wonder if my ‘powers’ will be tested later.

I’m given a choice of hand or card by Lalita.  I thrust my right hand out to her.  “Does it matter which hand?”

LocusVonErich

Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Balcony moving back to Main Hall
Tagging: Reese

Joseph found himself quite confused indeed. But, at her suggestion, he would step up onto the stage. Looking out at the throng of people, he found himself a tad bit overwhelmed. "Winner of what, may I ask?" He knew that people would be voting over certain things, he had done so himself an hour earlier. But, being called a winner didn't really tell him much of anything.

Flower

Tagging: Joseph Edwards

Reese brought her hands together yet again, clapping for Mr. Phantom. The audience followed her cue by doing the same. Her eyebrows drew together when he still didn't understand the reason behind his being called onto the stage. She blushed a little from embarrassment, feeling like the worst announcer ever. How had she became nominated for this job again? Oh yeah...Ruby was lost in her cups.

"Oh crap." She bumped her hand against the microphone, causing a rather unpleasant sound. "Whoops! Sorry about that. Um. You won best dressed for the men's category. People here think you look good tonight. It was a tie really but..."

At that, a lady did a wolf whistle from the crowd. 

Walking over to him, Reese lifted the sash up but did not put it over his head, waiting for his permission.

"I know this is really silly," she whispered low enough for the microphone didn't pick up her voice. "But at least you won some money from it."

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a once-disclosed secret identity
Tagging: Everyone in the Ballroom, Open

… there’s some fumbling up front … best dressed it would seem … two fingers to my mouth for a wolf whistle … scream loudly and clap…

  “You rock, Phantom!”

… clap wildly … a little drunk … a little tired … a little done with this ballroom scene … how much longer? …

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 9:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask
Tagging: Jospeh, OPEN!

The hours seemed to blur by now that Becky was having fun. She'd met some great people and had fun learning their secrets, and now she found herself alone again, watching the ceremony. She cheered loudly as two of the people she voted for won, well won and shared a victory.

"Wooooo!" She cheered for them, both arms raised high in celebration. If Joseph happened to glance her way she'd give him a wink as if to say 'told ya!'
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy, aka Blanc Noir, with a once-disclosed secret identity
Tagging: Everyone in the Ballroom, Open

… Käti goes to the bar and gets another drink … turning, she notices the girl in the blue dress and jeweled mask sit down off to the side … heads over that way …

  “Hey, um, hi, um, I’m going by La Blanc Noir for tonight. Um, you got a pseudo namey thing going? I’d call you La Bleu en Masque, but what do I know.” #Giggle

LocusVonErich

Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Main Hall Stage to Bar
Tagging: Reese, Käti, Open, Mentioned:Becky

Joseph would lower his head and let Reese place the sash over his head as she was atttempting to do."I've got enough money for two lifetimes, Miss. However, credit at the Mirage is a bit more difficult to come by. Just have whoever takes care of such things put my prize towards my tab...or donate it or something." Joseph replied in the same sotto voce before giving a nod to her and stepping away from the stage to return to the bar.

Leaning over to Käti as he got to the bar, "Be careful of her...she's a heartbreaker." Joseph would whisper in her ear, referring to Becky. Turning his attention back to the bar, Joseph would get another drink, and go back to watching the events unfold in silence.

Flower

Tagging: Lati

Reese nodded her head in understanding upon hearing Phantom's request. It made perfect sense that a monetary prize would not excite some of Caravanserai's guests. After all, who else but the rich could afford to fly in the middle of nowhere for a vacation? Well, she knew there were a few lottery winners but on a whole this was a rich person's playground. Absent of pesky paparazzi and so forth.

With him stepping away from the stage, she directed her attention to the next name upon her sheet of paper. It made her smile to read the woman's name, as she considered her a friend. This would no doubt be a surprise to not only the guests but also other members of staff for the hotel.

"As you all know," Reese began, holding the final sash. "Our final winner is one of Caravanseria's own. She is probably one of the first faces you encountered upon your arrival to our hotel. She awed you then with her kindness and patience. Tonight, she brought a many of smiles to the faces of those curious enough to have their fortune read by her. The winner of best mask is Lalita Cheema. Please come up to the stage and accept your reward!"

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm with another gin and tonic

… Käti is slightly surprised when the Phantom rejoins her at the bar … his next drink is quickly in his hand … he speaks of the one in blue with huge tits  Käti sighs …

  “She is? Is she too busy for you? Perhaps we should return to your balcony for a spell. Or just leave this boring party for parts elsewhere? I’ve heard ther’s an entertainment area that’s, um, quite adult so to speak?“

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Käti, Open

"Let's just say that she's trying to swim in the deep end without floats...despite being a complete novice of a swimmer. She draws a crowd, and has accepted more than her fair share of worshippers and the like. She's playing a completely different game than we are. Had such things not caused someone I was speaking with to run out of the room, I wouldn't quite be so....perturbed." Joseph said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Now, Miss!" He would say with a fake indignation, "If I weren't mistaken, I would say you're propositioning me!" The Phantom let out a chuckle. "If there's something you would like to do or say in private....I will have to ask that you don't beat around the bush." He wondered what exactly was on her mind, not wanting to assume too much of anything.

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm with another gin and tonic

… swimming without floats? …  Käti holds up a fist and extends her fingers one at a time like a cart’s claw one two three four …

  “Seems she has abundant floats to me, but who am I to judge the surgeon’s abilities!!“

… Käti giggles … steps closer to The Phantom to respond to his chuckling comment … rests her hand on his sleeve …

  “Life’s too short to beat around the bush, my dear Phantom. Consenting adults may do what they consent to in the right time and place. So no, I wasn’t propositioning you, I was inviting you.“

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 10:00 PM
Tagging: Käti

"I accept your little invitation...but I may need you to lead the way. Let's just say, the dance you're asking for? I may need some help remembering the steps." The Phantom gave her a very knowing look, quite clearly giving away that he had understood just what she was getting at.

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6th, perhaps 8 pm
Location: Masquerade Ball, The Ballroom, the Bar going to the secret balcony

… Käti picks up her drink and takes The Phantom’s hand …  his hand feels so strong …

  “Come along, my best dressed hero. I believe I know the way.”

… together they walk to the back of the ballroom … step over the velvet rope … up the stairs and out onto the balcony

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 10:00 PM
Tagging: Kati, Open

"Very well..." The Phantom would follow his companion out of the ballroom, out to the balcony he had shown her earlier in the evening.

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 11:00 PM, roughly
Tagging: Open

The Phantom of the Caravanserai would return to the ballroom about an hour after he had disappeared with a certain female companion. Returning to the bar, he would watch the room intently, even though the evening had seemingly started to die down.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: June 6 | Just shy of midnight
Tagging: Jospeh (closed)

Becky was every good kind of tired. She was tipsy, but not quite falling on her face drunk, she was exhausted from dancing but had taken her heels off for most of it, she had made some friends and apparently been involved in some weird drama, discovered a drink that she loved, and overall decided that this trip was definitely worth it. She barely even remembered all the secrets she'd learned along the way. There had been the man in the mask, the shy girl who she'd had to drag away and have her evil way with, the blonde who was not shy at all but was rather witty and fun, and a few others in between. Some of them hadn't even needed a kiss!

But she'd had set to meet the first man she spoke with, Joseph, at midnight. So she swayed her way up to the bar, shoes in hand as her pinky finger dangled them from their straps, bare feet walking across the wood floor, as she bent down and placed them under her purse, happy to see it was still there. After all who'd steal it in a hotel full of rich people right? Don't we all have money already? She asked herself. She didn't see he favorite bartender, and thought maybe he'd already been let off for the night.

She suppressed a yawn and ordered a coffee, black, to help herself wake up a bit. She had had too much fun to just go sleep, and she didn't want to drink more booze as she was on the level of being about to embarrass herself even more if she hadn't already. And so she stood at the bar, blowing on her coffee, barefoot with both hands wrapped around her mug.

He probably wouldn't be here, she realized, sure that he'd found something more fun to do than meet her again. But at least this way she could say she didn't leave him hanging. And it wasn't like she was be upset if he wasn't there. It seemed like the sort of night to meet something distracting and fun and wander off with it. If he'd done just that she wouldn't blame him.

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 7 June 2020, Midnight, or thereabouts 
Tagging: Becky

Joseph Edwards had spent the better part of the last hour simply watching the remaining stragglers either continue drinking for the sake of doing so, partnering off, or just leaving. For now, he truly was The Phantom of Caravanserai...even if a certain security guard had gone Ghostbusters on him. No matter, for this was his role and he was perfectly fine with that.

At ten minutes til, Joseph found himself pondering. If Becky still wanted to meet with him, what else could he really say? He had only gotten one secret, as far as the game went. Would his more...salacious secrets be more entertaining to her? Unfortunately, he had run out of time to ponder that because there she was in her mocha skinned, cerulean dressed, glory.

"Hello again." His voice was a bit shaky, but he did feel rather fatigued. Of course, he had had himself a rather interesting and adventure filled evening.

RedPhoenix

She heard his voice and was a bit surprised, but pleasantly so. She took a deep sip from her coffee and set the cup down as she turned to him. "Well hey there stranger." She said with a smile, eyes just a little more closed than they should be, pose just a little more slouched than normal, eyes a tiny bit bloodshot.

"I-" She began to speak just a chime struck, followed by eleven more. She smiled. "Well, guess that means I can turn into a pumpkin now." She smiled as she carefully removed her mask and set it down on the bar next to her coffee. She rubbed at her temples carefully as she turned back to him, bare faced for the first time this evening.

Her head was spinning just a little, but in a good, fun, way. "I voted for you." She said with a grin. "Told you your suit was nice." She eyed it up and down briefly, reaching out and smooth out his collar a little. "Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought that." She said, grinning at his very-slightly-less-than-perfect state.

LocusVonErich

Date | Time: 7 June 2020, Midnight, or thereabouts 
Tagging: Becky

"I voted for you. I'm surprised you didn't win." Joseph would pull off his own mask for the second time of the night and let himself be revealed to Becky. "I'm going to tell you now...as far as the secrets that they gave us...I only got one. You definitely won that. But...if you're interested...I've got a couple of secrets about some of the guests that reside within the halls of Caravanserai...being the Phantom of Caravanserai seems to have its benefits...if you're interested, of course." He gave her a wink, letting the offer hang in the air.

RedPhoenix

"You did?" Becky smiled, pleasantly surprised. "Well thanks." She said, seemingly genuinely pleased to hear it.

She pondered his offer. "Well, I got more than one." She said with a sassy little wiggle of her hips and a smile at him, she lifted her cup of coffee and sipped again, thinking about whether she wanted to know people's actual secrets or not.

"You wanna know what mine was? Nobody else got to hear." She said to deflect the question while she pondered. "I have seven pet hamsters, each is named after a dwarf from Snow White." She smiled a big goofy smile. "Doesn't that sound adorable?" She asked with a laugh.

She paused, sipping her coffee again. "You know. I tell you what. If you think there's any secrets I should know, you tell me, otherwise." She glanced about. "I think I prefer the fantasy to people's real life drama."