Dragon Hunters

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowe

((To join, see OOC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123627.0))

Backstory:

"In 8:99 Blessed, dragons devastate the countrysides in Orlais and Nevarra, and all attempts to slay them end in disaster. As the Blessed Age draws to a close, they name the Dragon Age, saying that it will be an age of violence and upheaval."

The Pentaghast clan of Nevarra has heard rumors of Drakes Fall, a place where dragons go to die, in Ferelden being active again. They have hand picked a small group of dragon hunter warriors to investigate these rumors. These warriors have never met each other, but they must work together to achieve the mission. The main problem for them may not be the dragons themselves, but the coming Blight and rumors of a Civil War brewing in Ferelden.

The warriors' first meeting is in the harbor of Cumberland, Nevarra, while waiting for the ship that will take them across the Waking Sea to Ferelden...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eira

In a harbor in Cumberland, the line grows larger to board the Revenant, one of the largest ships that brave the Waking Sea. The first destination is Jader, a short hop away from their present location, and the place Eira is looking to go to. She had taken this job when she heard about Drakes Fall. She had never been there, but she knew this was a place that dragons chose to go to in the twilight of their lives.

She was wearing a brown cloak with a hood and had a form-fitted leather corset held with multiple belts, a leather choker with a small green jewel hanging from it, and leather pants with twin belts around the thighs. Her boots and gauntlets had sharp edges with scale patterns. She wore a golden armlet with a red jewel on her right hand. And of course, her trusty Katana on her back under the hood.

Taking out the boarding ticket out of her pocket, she looks at it with a long stare, wondering if she should really be doing this. As the people moved in the line, she began approaching the ship.

FazzEagle

Drake Falls - a place known to many as the resting place of Dragons. Ironically, it also appeared to be a suitable place for Dragons to spawn nowadays - though he would make sure that such a thing would never continue for long. Goraidh Cadwyn, the 'Noble Dragon Slayer', now standing among many who had lined themselves to board the Revenant, a ship worthy enough to have him on board he would like to think. The man stood at a tall height for a human young man, and the studded leather armor he wore did not hide his profession - neither did the sword and shield that hang about his body. While Eira herself still waited for her turn to have her ticket shown, Goraidh was about three people ahead of her, having just shown his ticket to the person waiting.

"Goraidh Cadwyn," he said, introducing himself, "You should know who I am. I'm here to board this ship so please look at my ticket and let me go on my way. I dread standing around here for long with... so many people." Once his ticket was checked and he was cleared to go, he nodded to the good man before grumbling to himself as he approached the big ship. "... can't believe I have to be on board with a bunch of commoners. It will do, I guess..." And so, the swordsman climbed on board, tightening his grip on the sack he hung over his shoulder and back.

MiaKage

Arriving later than the others, Cirnelle is forced to wait through the line which has now grown to a great length. Being shorter than most of the people in the area, helped Cirnelle blend into a crowd, although the people in her proximity wasn't too pleased to see an elf boarding the ship with them.  The fact that she was wearing what could be considered lower class clothing didn't help the matter either, a dark green tunic that looked like it has aged horribly and rough pants that ends just below the knee. She wasn't wearing shoes either, instead just wearing fishnets that covered her legs and the arch of her foot. She carried a bag that, compared to her, was quite large and seemed to have a little trouble carrying it. Through the long wait she could hear the others talk about her, and call her by the name she's heard far too often in towns, Knife Ear. That wasn't going to get her spirits down though! She wore a big grin, for soon she'll be on her way to the Drake Falls and fortune!
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Crowe

Eira

Finally, Eira made her way to the person taking the tickets. A big man, he silently clipped it and gave it back to her. She put it back in her pocket and walked up the board to enter the ship. She didn't bother to go below deck. She stayed near the fron of the ship and set her bag next to her feet. She was stepping on the strap in case some wiseguy tried to take it without her notice.

The breeze blew the hood off her head and her hair began to flow in the sea air. She leaned forward and closed her eyes, going somewhere else in her mind while the last of people to board the ship were getting their tickets checked in.

FazzEagle

As the ship waited for all the passengers to climb on board, 'Raid' stood on top of the deck, apparently arguing with one of the attendants of the boat. For those who could listen in on their conversation, this would be what they would hear:

"I'm sorry, sir..." the elf said, "But what few private rooms the ship has had already been taken."

"Do you expect the son of a Noble family to sleep in quarters with a bunch of commoners?" Raid retaliated, stepping closer before pointing to another direction, "... have you even tried smelling the place? It's revolting! It smells like a bunch of wet dogs! All I ask is one empty room with one empty bed - is that so hard to ask around here? I believe it is your job, ELF, to find what the passengers need so get right on it. Come on, get to it." Then perhaps out of fear or worry, the elf did indeed leave the scene, going down below deck. Raid himself, however, shook his head with a sigh. "Bloody service." Seeing other people looking at him, he simply glared at them before walking away, apparently wishing to avoid trouble.

MiaKage

After what seemed like ages, Cirnelle finally made it up to the ship. With a little flourish she produced the ticket and handed it to the collector, who snatched it and went on to inspect it much longer than the others. After a few seconds she began to feel a little uncomfortable, the man gave her a stern look before clipping it and handing it back to her. With a sigh of relief, she continued up to the deck, walking with a slight bounce in her step. This was only the second time she's ever been on a ship before, the first being when she was very young, so this was a whole new experience for her. Not feeling exactly welcomed with the rest of the people boarding the ship, she decides to divert off away from them and pick a nice spot on deck to settler her bag, rearranging things to make it a bit more comfortable to sit on, and plops down and watches people. Making note of anyone of wealth of course.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira's concentration was broken by a man's rant nearby. She looked over her shoulder and saw Raid arguing with a crewman. She was slightly annoyed but not enough to stop it as she turned back to looking at the sea while trying to ignore the commotion. Finally, the ship left the harbor and began its voyage to Jader.

As she looked at the small emblem given to her by the Pentaghast clan, she heard someone rummaging through a bag nearby. She saw a young elf and stared at her for a moment longer than she realized. The last elf she met was now lost to her.

"Maybe I'm not up to this..." She said with a sigh as she averted her gaze. Perhaps it was too soon to take a new mission, but there was no going back.

FazzEagle

Raid waited on top deck the whole time even as the ship started to move, and he had a look of displeasure on his face as he paced around here and there. "Maybe I just need something to eat. But gah... where would I be able to find decent food in a place like this? Where the bloody hell did that crewman go off to when you need him...?" During his constant pacing, he soon came across the elf that was doing nothing but watch the people around her - though seeing that she was an elf was good enough for him. "You there. The Elf." He pointed to her before the 6'2" 'Knight' approached her. "Do you have any decent food around here? Even bread would do. If possible, I'd like it to be sent to my cabin below deck. GOOD bread, by the way. Apparently, the 'son of the Noble Family' thinks Cirnelle was another one of the elves working around the ship. "Stand when I speak to you, elf."

MiaKage

Being spoken to in such a way annoyed Cirnelle, if it weren't for the fact that the man had an air of nobility about him, she'd tell him off. Quickly hopping to her feet she smiles and begins to play on the mans presumptions. "I'm terribly sorry sir!...If you would tell me where your cabin is, I'll be sure to send the finest food our cooks can whip up." She eyes him over, checking him for any loose pouches he might worthy of a 'tip'.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira turned around and leaned back again, this time facing the other way. She didn't bother to hide the annoyed look on her face. She didn't like elves being treated like that. Still, it was none of her business, so she didn't say anything. As the man persisted, she was about to say something but the elf girl seemed not to mind.

"Ugh..." She turned to leave when she saw a templar walking about. "Tch. Them again..." She then decided not to move so she wouldn't cross his path. Those guys were always trouble. Always on their witch hunts. Anyone with a special talent would be taken in and interrogated. That was something best avoided in her current situation.

FazzEagle

"Now that's more like it," Raid said, flashing a cocky grin, "If only most of you paid this much attention." However, his own eyes caught the sight of the Templar walking about not far from them and his words fell silent. Eyebrows knitted into a little frown as he kept his eyes on those 'witch hunters', and only once they left did he finally mutter the words: "On second thought... I'm not so hungry right now." However, in his mind he damned himself for not knowing that Templars will be present on the ship. "... but I will show you where my cabin is." Just like that, the swordsman turned away from her, glancing at the direction the Templars went to before leaving the scene through the opposite way. "... follow me." His voice almost sounded cold and at the same time seemingly agitated for some reason, but he tried not to show it on his expression.

MiaKage

Score! Thoughts what kind of treasures the 'noble' could have, especially if he has a bad relation with the templars. "Very well sir." Soon she'd be able to drop this farce, she hated addressing humans like she was a servant. "So what brings you here?" She decided to try idle conversation as they walked away, maybe even figure out why he's got something against the Templar.

The bag she cattles and clangs as she follows through the crowd and into the lower decks. The thing is getting heavy, she thought, hoping to find a open room she can claim, with a nice hidey hole of course.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira also noticed the change in mood of the man. As she looked back and forth between him and the templar, she caught a glimpse of Goraidh's emblem but she wasn't sure. "Could he be..?" Her companions were supposed to meet her in Jader, but if they left on the same boat, it could be possible they were all here. This man, however, didn't really look the part for some reason. Perhaps his attitude was a front? Either way, if he was on the same mission as her, she'd have to approach him sooner or later. She thought about it for a moment, then picked up her back and followed the two to the interior of the ship.

She followed quietly until she suddenly felt something familiar. Her 'Dragon Sense' was acting strange all of a sudden. She could feel some sort of dragon kin nearby, but was not able to pick it up well. This hadn't happened to her before. Something strange was going on in this ship. When she looked up, the two she was following were gone, so she hastened her steps to catch up.

FazzEagle

"That is none of your business, elf..." Goraidh said, eyes shifting from one side to another as they make their way below deck, "What I do on this ship and what I plan on doing on this ship is my business alone." He then sighed, turning his head for the time being to look back at her. "... though I suppose you wouldn't know what I'm talking about anyway. Look, just make sure I get some decent--...!" Suddenly, the young man froze on the spot, his head suddenly aching for one fast moment. He knew this feeling... but why would it happen now? One of his armored hands venture upwards, softly brushing between his eyes before his eyes darted quickly towards the elf with him. No - it wasn't radiating at all from this one. Noticing that he had suddenly went silent and looking suspicious the whole time in front of Cirnelle, however, he quickly cleared his throat before continuing on his way. "... it's not far from here; come on."

MiaKage

"Are...you ok?" The sudden pause caused some alarm in her, could he have caught on? no...something is wrong. She gripped her pack tighter, ready to make a quick get away in case he had. "I apologize for trying to pry, I'm just inquisitive." She tried to keep a cheerful face, but couldn't shake the sense of dread the man felt seemed to emanate. Best stick with him, if something was going down, it's better to have someone well armed around. Especially if it's as serious as it seems.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

As Eira passed through the rooms, she felt another tingle. She stealthily looked through a half opened door and saw a Mage and two Reavers inside.

"The Templar is here! I told you this wasn't going to work!" The mage tells the others nervously.

"He knows about our deal. He won't do nothing to you unless things get out of hand. So shut yer trap and make sure the seal don't break!" One of the Reavers spat out.

"The seal?" She silently thought out what it meant. "Of course!" She hurried down the hall, trying not to make any noise. She went down the halls and found the man and the elf.

"Alright, who are you?" She asked Raid from a few steps away.

FazzEagle

Something was indeed going on, but Raid wondered if it was merely his imagination - the further he walked, the less headache he suffered. Eventually, they finally arrived to his room: a small single room cabin with a single bed with a sack placed above it - though it didn't have much as the elf had hoped for. "Well, this would be my room... for now. Not the best... but it's better than having to share a room with common bastards. He couldn't shake off the feeling he had earlier though and he couldn't help but feel worried. Normally his senses would only pick up when dragons are nearby... and if not-- Perhaps this ship isn't as safe as he had hoped it be, and he honestly wished right now that it was just his imagination or a form of seasickness. "Anyways, best be on your way. I feel like I need a--" And that's when the unfamiliar woman - face concealed underneath a hood - approached him with a sudden question. "Pardon...? I should be asking you that question... Are you lost perhaps? This happens to be my room."

MiaKage

Upon seeing the room, disappointment set in. Suffering his insults for nothing started to make her blood boil! If it wasn't for the woman interrupting, Cirnelle might have done something she would of regret. Not wanting to get in the middle, she took a step back, but her curiosity kept her from leaving. She sat her bag down with an audible clunk, the thing was starting to get heavy again, and she could use a nice little seat to watch the little event unfold. Hoping onto her bag, she pulls her legs up and leans against the wall, balancing on top of it, and studies the two quietly.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira pulled back her hood and revealed herself. "My name is Eira. Dragon Hunter." She showed him the emblem that had been given to the members of this mission. She was aware of the elf girl in the corner, but didn't address or look at her. "I suppose this is where we have a word...by ourselves." That's when she looked at Cirnelle, then back at Raid.

FazzEagle

There was a surprised expression in his eyes when she revealed herself to be a Dragon Hunter, but soon a light frown would set in. "... I see." Taking a step back, he slowly pulled out his own emblem, showing that it was similar to hers. "... Goraidh of the Cadwyn Family." However, he looked back at the elf, motioning his head for her to leave the room. "Your services are no longer needed, elf. It seems this woman and I... have a few things to say to each other."

MiaKage

As the two showed each other an emblem, her ears perked up. Ignoring the man trying to rid her, she points to the emblems they were holding. "hey! I have one of those!" Reaching a hand into her pack, she digs around for a moment, and pulls out a similar emblem which she holds out. "I had no idea you were the ones I was sent to work with." She begins to glare at the man, "Oh, and I would appreciate it if you would stop addressing me in such a manner."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

"Hm?" Eira looked at the others' emblems and put away her own. "Alright then, what's your name, miss?" She knew elves always looked younger than they were, so treating her like a kid would probably be incorrect. While she waited for a response, she closed the door and flung her bag to a corner of the room. Then she leaned her back to the door and crossed her arms.

FazzEagle

"What...?" Raid was surprised once he saw the emblem in the elf's hands and he backed away from her a little, shaking his head. "... you have got to be joking with me. If you have that emblem, are you saying that you-- I mean, you two... are 'Dragon Slayers' like me...?" He didn't apologize nor did he look like he acknowledge the elf asking him to stop addressing her as he did earlier; instead, he walked away from the two, shaking his head before sitting himself down on the bed. "I was told that I would have to work with a few others in my mission and that I may recognize them from the emblem that came with accepting this job. I didn't expect to meet you all so soon... as awkward as the situation may be."

MiaKage

"I wasn't expecting to meet you until I made it to Ferelden." She turns to Eira and smiles, "My name's Cirnelle by the way, It's a pleasure to meet you." Stuffing her emblem back into her bag, she shifts around to get comfortable again.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Knowing that Goraidh was of a noble family made things a little more difficult. Nobles are nosy, and gossip could lead others to inquire about his motives for leaving Nevarra. They might even send people after him. That would be troublesome. But she hoped he had taken care of that before leaving.

Eira nodded in acknowledgement to Cirnelle. She had seen Dragon Hunters of all sizes so she wasn't as surprised as Raid. "It's not that surprising, considering this is the biggest and fastest ship heading to Ferelden and only sails every two weeks." She said in response to Raid's comment.

"Now, let's get down to business. It seems we aren't the only ones hiding our identities on this ship. There's something going on, and it might have to do with dragons." She closed her eyes for a second before continuing. "We'll probably have to start our mission sooner than expected."

FazzEagle

"Honestly I expected my... 'companions' to be bigger," Goraidh said, sizing up both of them, "... and far less feminine. Or perhaps a funny Dwarf or two wouldn't hurt." However, his expression soon returns back to his usual frown, nodding  to what Eira had said about the possibility of a Dragon's presence within the ship. "So you say... If that is actually true, then this ship is at risk. And with all the innocent people on board... I'd rather avoid seeing needless bloodshed." He then turned full attention to Eira for the time being. "I suggest not causing a panic on the ship if possible... we're not sure whether or not this has an actual Dragon involved just yet. I... might have an idea where it could be though. I... remember hearing something not far from my room here. Perhaps it's best we investigate there. I shall lead the way." He once again stood on both his feet before the tall human made his way out of his room, but not before entering for a few moments to point at the two females. "And don't touch any of my belongings!"

Not only was he snobbish and arrogant... apparently he's distrustful as well.

Crowe

Eira

"Ours is not to question why they picked us. Only to complete the mission given." Eira got out of his way as Raid walked out of the room. She intended to follow, and then he popped back him, his attitude once again annoying her. Still, he had a point. It would be really inconvenient to cause an uproar in an overcrowded ship.

Before he disappeared again, she grabbed his arm firmly. "There is magic involved. We must use caution." She warned before loosening her grip. Then she nodded to Carnelle to follow.

MiaKage

"wait...here?!" Hoping off her bag, her attitude becomes more serious. "Are you sure?" her eyes dart between the two, they seem to know whats going on far more than she, making her feel a little useless. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a leather breastplate, which she fits onto herself, and pulls out a handfull of daggers, sliding them into sheaths and pockets unseen as they walk along. she grumbles to herself about hoping for a nice relaxing voyage.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"What...? Magic... as in Mages? Are you saying that we might be dealing with Apostates? That... would explain the Templars being here. This is sounding easier by the second." Of course, that last statement was said in obvious sarcasm. "But you're right. We don't want to face Magic head-on, especially not in a closed space." His eyes caught the sight of Cirnelle fitting into her armor and equipping herself with a pair of daggers, but there was a slightly irritated look on his face when he saw it. "See now... if you had worn all that to begin with, I wouldn't have mistook you for one of the crewmen here-- bah, forget it." He waved her off before continuing his way out of the room, leading them through the hallway that he and Cirnelle walked through earlier.

Crowe

Eira

"Yes, I saw a Mage and two Reavers also. Though whether he's an apostate or not is yet to be seen. They seemed to have some sort of temporary arrangement with the Templars." She confirmed his statement. "There could be more I didn't see." She could tell there was tension in the atmosphere. Some of the crew were acting nervously, as if they suspected something and didn't want to get caught up.

As they neared a corner, she slowed down. "They spoke of a magic seal or barrier. That's what we should look for." She told them.

MiaKage

"Magical barrier huh? so we're looking for an invisible wall? or swirly...orb thing?" Cirnelle never had much experience involving magic. She stayed toward the back of the group, her movements not making a sound. She kept an eye behind them in case someone would happen to wonder up on them or to check if they were being followed.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Reavers?! Damn it... Instead of what could be Apostates, we might be dealing with something even worse." His fingers tighten into a fist, eyes facing away from the others... but nevertheless he soon moved on. "There is no way a Templar would work alongside Blood Mages... They'd sooner cut off their bloody heads than try and hold a conversation. And I can't say for sure, elf... With Mages, anything is possible. How I hate them so..." He led them to a few rooms away from where Raid sensed it earlier, and with a silent gesture of his hand, he told Cirnelle and Eira that the room would be somewhere up ahead. "Now exactly... how do we plan on confronting them? Do we just knock on their doors and go 'we''re here to stop you'?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira kept quiet while Raid went on and on about Mages. Whatever the reasoning behind his words were, it wasn't her place to discuss it. Still, it wasn't a pleasant topic she would discuss freely even if they were lounging in a warm cabin.

When they stopped, they could see the door with a magical aura around it. "That must be it." She looked around and saw some sort of vent or shaft. "Cirnelle, can you fit through there?" She asked in a hushed tone.

MiaKage

"hmm...shouldn't be a problem. are you suggesting I ambush? or just be sneaky sneaky and listen in?" She took a knife out of it's sheath, making sure she had it ready in case she had to use it while stuck in the confined space. "Also...uh...i've never fought a Mage before, if we do get into a scrap, is there anything I should be watching out for? besides being burned or exploded?" Trying to add a little light heartedness to the situation.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira weighted her options. There was something she could do, but decided against it. Still, they had to know what was going on behind that door.

"Just look, listen, and report back. If something happens, the two of us will make a distraction while you get away. I hope you're as fast as you look." She said that with complete seriousness.

She then turned to Raid. "If a confrontation can't be avoided, let me handle the Mage." She said, again, in a hushed tone while gripping her sword in anticipation.

FazzEagle

"Do not underestimate me just because I am a swordsman," Goraidh said, pressing his back against the wall, "I... have dealt with Mages before. I will lend my blade if necessary." Then, he turned his attention to Cirnelle. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go and see what they're up to. But like this one said: DON'T attempt to confront them on your own."

MiaKage

Giving a quick nod, Cirnelle squeezed into the vent. It was a bit more of a maze than she thought it would be, but luckily they were close by and she hadn't had to navigate the labyrinth. She made it to the room where the mages were gathered easy enough, and could hear them clearly, although she really didn't understand a thing they were talking about. The sudden realization hit her, how was she going to get back out? She didn't have enough room to turn, and because of her armor it was just about impossible for her to make her way backwards. If she didn't think of something fast, she'd have break up the little show, and make a run for it.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira looked into Raid's eyes and nodded after seeing the conviction written in them. "Have you any experience against Reavers?" She asked while they waited for Cirnelle. "I've never had to do battle against them with such a small group." She was a little anxious. Part of her wanted to bust in there and just get it over with before the Templars caught wind of what was going on. But on a ship, there is no escape.

~
Inside, two Mages sat, back to back, probably concentrating to keep the barrier up. They were accompannied by three Reavers and there were two large cages covered with a dark mantle. A deep grumble could be heard coming from the cages.

"Can we manage through the night without the beasts making noise?" One Reaver asked the other.

"They're properly fed. They'll be fine." Came the reply.

"This operation better be worth it is all I have to say." Said the third.

FazzEagle

Raid's mouth fall silent when she asked that question, and only when he looked away from her did he only say: "... you have no idea. Let's just say that they're dangerous if you don't handle them well. Here's an advice though... Don't -ever- leave a Blood Mage on the verge of death. If you must fight one... always aim to kill them." And just like that, he kept his eyes on the door, wondering what was actually going on in there. He could take a peek himself, but given his size, he had the most risk of revealing them. "That elf better know what she's doing..."

MiaKage

It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but Cirnelle was able to wriggle her way out of her leather armor, which seems to have caught itself on something. She grumbled to herself trying to get it unstuck, but it was really hooked onto something. Grabbing a second of her daggers, she decided it best to leave it for now, she'll be able to come back for it later. Clambering out of the vent backwards, now without her armor,  she stretched and sheathed her blades before reporting what she had heard. "They are up to something. I'm not sure what the barrier is for...but they said something about a beast being on bored." She paused for a second, "Whatever it is, one of the reavers were concerned that it might make noise at some point, it has to be something large."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira stood up straight when Cirnelle reemerged from the vent. The girl was missing her armor, but seemed fine otherwise. As she listened to the elf, she grew concerned. "It can't be a full fleged dragon. Maybe Drakes? They could be smuggling them." She wondered. "I've heard srumors of people buying Drakes as pets, mostly Orlesians. They keep them to brag to their noble friends as a way of showing them up." She couldn't help but say the word 'noble' with certain scorn.

"Well, what do we do now? These Drakes aren't part of the mission." She looked back and forth her two new companions.

FazzEagle

"So this is something for a noble, is it...?" Goraidh asked, pondering over it, "Indeed... Only Nobles would be able to afford keeping a Drake as a pet. But noble or not, what they're doing is dangerous and it risks the life of many. Those bloody Blood Mages need to be stopped right here and now - they are not allowed to roam free." There was cruelty in his tone as he said that, especially around the mention of 'Blood Mages'. "The Cadwyn family would never allow such activities to go unpunished!"

Crowe

Eira

Eira quietly listened to him talk without saying a word. Could this man have been a Templar before? It was true that the Dragon Hunters were chosen for their skill, and came from all sorts of backgrounds. But his apparent hatred for Mages could blind him to trickery, and then all of them would pay the price. She had to be careful around the subject. "Well, those Blood Mages are probably being watched by the Templars. But like us, they can't do anything without endangering the passengers." She said, hoping to get him to think things through.

"Once we dock in Jader in the morning, we'll take care of the Drakes, and let the Templars do what they do with the Mages. I think it's the best solution to this situation." She looked at Cirnelle, hoping for her approval. "Do you agree?"

FazzEagle

However, the swordsman was quick to grab Eira by the shoulder, forcing her to turn facing him once again. "And what? Risking the safety of others through out this whole voyage? Who knows how long it will be before we reach our destination, and we're not exactly certain what the real motive behind this is. If you ask me, EIRA, anything involving Blood Mages is a danger in itself. Apostates is one thing, but to carelessly let Blood Mages stay alive in a place filled with innocent people?" He gave a light push on her shoulder, letting her go. "What if... What if they have something else in mind planned with Drakes? Something - I don't know - something diabolical. I suggest we take care of those Blood Mages when we still have the chance." Then, he too looked over to Cirnelle. "Do you agree with me, elf?!"

Crowe

Eira

Eira gripped his hand and frowned as he held her shoulder until he let her go with a push. "That's the Templars' job! If we cause a fight and those Mages set the ship on fire, we will be the ones responsible for endangering innocent lives!" She argued, losing her calm, not noticing that their bickering could attract unwanted attention. Then she looked at him straight in the eye. "We don't even know if they are Blood Mages. All they're doing is setting up a barrier. I doubt they'd want to give the Templars a reason to stop their operation." As she said this, a few voices could be heard near the stairs. It seemed like someone was coming.

FazzEagle

"You said it yourself that you saw two Reavers in there!" Goraidh said, pointing at the door, "One is bad enough but two---" However, upon hearing the voices coming from the nearby stairs, he silenced himself, his knees arching forward. "God damn... someone's coming." He looked around before pointing to an opened cabin door about two rooms away from the one they focused on. "Quick, we'll hide in there." Knowing that if it was an enemy, it'd be trouble if they were forced to fight in a narrow space. Reaching the empty cabin, he quickly motioned his hand towards his two companions. "Hurry...!" He kept his voice in whispers, but loud enough for the two to hear.

MiaKage

The bickering between her two companions started to make Cirnelle's head spin. On one hand it wasn't their job to deal with drakes, or mages as far as she knew. On the other, however, If they were blood mages, it would be dangerous to let them continue their operation, she's heard stories of what they've done, and she didn't like it. The only words she could mutter however were "uh...um..." between the breaks in the argument. Suddenly voices from the stairs caught her attention, like it had with the others. The argument left her a little frazzled, and made it hard to think on her own, if it wasn't for Goraidh, she would of stood in the hall confused. She followed him into the cabin as he moved, still trying to wrap her mind around what was happening.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira followed her companions and ducked inside a room further down the hall. She gripped her pouch in preparation; her Katana would be useless in such a cramped space. "That's...not a Reaver." She said when she caught a glimpse of the person who came down the stairs followed by a crewman. It looked to be a merchant of some sort.

~

"I told you to keep those Templars busy. They're asking a lot of questions!" The man told the crewman.

"Don't worry, they're busy enough guarding that Mother. And if they ask too many questions, hehe, we'll just have a little accident happen by chance." The one-eyed crewman replied with an evil grin.

"Good enough...for now." Said the merchant. Then they exchanged some coins and the crewman went upstairs while the merchant propped a chair in front of the barred door and sat on it.

~

"Damn, he'll notice us if we leave the room." Eira cursed.

FazzEagle

Raid stayed silent to listen in on the conversation between the merchant and the crewman, and watched as the man took a seat in front of the barred door - it appeared that this one was involved with whatever was going on around here. As the Crewmen left, Raid turned to face his companions again, especially Eira. "'Let the Templars do what they do with the Mages. I think it's the best solution to this situation,'" Goraidh said, apparently mocking what Eira said earlier, "Did you hear what that crewman just said? 'Accident'...! And not to mention a Mother is here on board this ship as well. Something tells me that the Templars don't know 'everything' about what's going on here." Then, he peeked outside for a little, his eye looking towards the merchant sitting down in front of the door. "... but I do know who might."

Crowe

Eira

All Eira could do was to respond with a slight scowl at his remark. The more they knew about this smuggling operation, the harder it was to make a choice. This mission was truly testing her. "That man will shout the second he sees one of us coming." She said, looking over Raid's shoulder at the merchant. "But I have something that might help." She said, holding up a vial with a purple liquid inside.

MiaKage

This is a fine situation Cirnelle has gotten herself in. Noticing Eira pulling a vial of liquid, she readied herself just in case something went wrong. "Where did you get that?" Cirnelle asked both for curiosity and uneasiness.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Or the better question would be... what exactly -is- that? Poison...?" He eyes the vial for the time being, focusing on that strange purple color.

Crowe

Eira

"Nothing that extreme. Call it a tranquilizer, if you will. Poured into cloth, it can make a person more...willing, to tell the truth." Eira whispered to them. "If you both think we should go in, now is when we make the choice. Otherwise, a simple sleeping gas will allow us to pass by unnoticed." She said, holding another vial, this one a more pale pink.

MiaKage

"I don't know about this...like you said, if we tried to rush him, he'd just call out for help!" She was hesitant to start anything at the moment. Unsure of what Raid's decision would be, she readied herself to rush the merchant just in case. "Maybe kidnap him using the gas first?"
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh scowled when asked to make a decision and looked at Eira herself instead of the vials she was holding onto. "My choice is obvious: there is no way I am allowing filthy Blood Mages to roam about freely here ALIVE any longer." His eyes turned their attention to the tranquilizing liquid. "I say we go with the first vial and find out what they're up to before we deal the finishing blows." Then, sharp eyes turned towards Cirnelle. "Kidnapping him is out of the question - there's no assuring that he won't find a way to call for his 'friends' once he wakes up. That, and we don't want sleeping gas to seep to the outside and rouse suspicion. As I've said just now: I say we just drug the man and let him tell us himself what he knows! Go with the purple vial!"

Crowe

Eira

With a slight wince of hesitance, Eira gives Cirnelle the purple vial and a small piece of cloth. "Wait on my mark." She says as she picks up a small metal shard from the floor and stands up. "Ready..." She tosses the shard to the other side of the guard and it makes a clicking sound.

"Huh?" The man gets up and turns his back to them.

"Go, now!" Eira urges Cirnelle.

MiaKage

Quickly pouring some liquid onto the cloth, and pocketed the vial. Once the order was given, she darted out of the room at a lighting speed. Leaping at the merchant, landing on him shoving the cloth onto his face holding it in place, astonishingly without making very much noise at all. She didn't like doing this to people, it just made her feel uncomfortable, her eyes were shut tight and she refused to remove the cloth until her companions secured him.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Raid stepped outside as well when Cirnelle did just in case the elf would fail in completing her task, but he was relieved when the elf was able to actually put the cloth on the man, forcing him to inhale the toxin. The man felt weak for a moment, but Raid was quick to move to catch him before he could fall onto the floor. Slowly and carefully, he moved the man back onto his chair and then signaled to Eira to come over. As the merchant slowly opened his now zoned-out eyes, Raid stepped back, allowing some space for Eira. "Quickly... but quietly. Elf, keep a look-out to make sure no one else would come down here." Finally, he looked back at the drugged man. "... will he really tell us everything he knows?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira made her way to them without making a sound and stood in front of the man. "He probably works for someone else too, but yes, he'll tell us everything he knows." She said and gently pushed the man back and lifted his head up. "Who are you?" She asked.

"G-Garman.." Came the reply.

"It's working." She told Goraidh before returning her gaze to Garman. "Tell us now, are there Drakes inside this room?" She asked to the point.

"Y-yes...yes.." he responded.

"What are you going to do with them?" Eira asked.

"Sell...them...The mage...he...he needs them..." was the cryptic reply.

Eira looked at Goraidh, thinking about what the implications could be.

FazzEagle

"So it's not what we thought of the first time..." Goraidh said before moving closer to the drugged man, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him close. "How many Drakes are there here and WHY would a Mage need them?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira kept looking back and forth between the man and the door.

"Just two...I...I don't know what they're for..." Garman replied. "The buyer just said that a mage wanted them...didn't say who..." he grumbled.

"Who's the buyer? Are they from Orlais?" Eira asked.

"N-no...Fereldan...Taven...h-his name...Will collect...in...Jader..."

"Looks like this Taven person is the one to ask once we get to Jader. Right now, we should take care of the Drakes." She said, motioning towards the still barred door. "The drug is wearing off. We have to act fast."

MiaKage

"What should we do with him?" Tapping Garman on the head, "Knock him out and throw him into our little hide room? or stuff him into the vent?" She said with a evil grin.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Sounds good to me."

Wasting no time, Goraidh slammed the side of his left hand onto the man's neck, quickly knocking him unconscious and leaving no more room to ask anymore questions. Once again, he carefully and quietly moved the man off the chair, and pulled him across the hallway and into the room they were in earlier. To make sure the man would not cause any trouble, Goraidh tied both his hands together and did the same with his ankles with a rope he found, cut into two prior to the deed. Around the man's mouth he tied the cloth Cirnelle used earlier. Once all of that was done, Goraidh stepped back out again, returning to his two comrades.

"Alright, he's taken care of," he said before looking towards the door, "Now we attack and finish those damn Blood Mages... but we can't recklessly attack them head-on. Well... not all of us anyway." Eyes turned towards Cirnelle before looking back up at the vent. "Elf, climb back up into the vent and prepare yourself. As soon as we barge in you will jump in and flank them, understand? They may be Blood Mages, but they are Mages nonetheless - they would have trouble dealing with attackers up close."

MiaKage

"Gotcha!" She enthusiastically gave him a thumbs up and a grin, before wiggling back into the vent. She found it much easier to move around inside without the armor, and made her way back to where she was before quicker than she expected. The hardest part was wriggling back into her armor in the cramped space. She slid into it as fast as she could, although, because of doing this inside a vent, it didn't fit on properly. Hopefully this wouldn't effect her mobility once she's out of the vent, the thought of it doing so, made her nervous. She slid her way up to the exit, picking out the closest person in robes he could see, sizing him up and making note of the easy to hit vital areas. Being a mage, she had her choice of just about every vital area. Now all she could do, is sit and wait for the signal.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira prepared some traps and powders from her pocket belt. She shot a sharp gaze at Goraidh when he once again didn't address Cirnelle by her name. The girl didn't seem to mind, or maybe she was used to it, but Eira still didn't like it.

"Take the lead. I'll cover you from behind." She told Raid as she readied herself.

FazzEagle

"I guess being an elf and being small has their benefits," Goraidh said, prior to noticing Eira shooting him a sharp scowl, "... what?"  Once she told him that she was ready, Goraidh gave her a nod before pulling out his shield and sword, armed on his left and right respectively. He gave her another look before looking up at the vent, hoping that Cirnelle was ready as ever. "Alright... here goes!" And just like that, the swordsman kicked the door open, preparing the shield in front of him. "Your end is here, Blood Mages...!"

MiaKage

At the sound of the doors bashing open, and the cry of the insufferable noble, Cirnelle sprung into action! Popping the cover off the vent, scrambled out and lunged at the closes robed figure, keeping low pulling her blades out as she moved. With a flash of steel and elven elegance, the first of her blades piercing the man's kidney, the other through his ribs. She quickly retracted the blades and jumped back, reforming herself in a low defensive posture.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira moved quickly behind Goraidh, with her small flasks at the ready. She jumped up behind him and tossed a smoke bomb to the far end of the room, where the mages were getting up, all confused. As she landed, she threw some dust in a Reaver's face while letting Goraidh charge the one in front. Next, she quickly sliced the blinded Reaver's head off his shoulders.

One of the mages was scrambling in the cloud of smoke to open the Drake pens.

"Cirnelle!" Eira shouted so that the girl would stop him while she prepared cut off the other mage, who was trying to escape the room. However, he stopped and began chanting some sort of spell.

At that moment, one additional Reaver, who must've been away, entered the room.

FazzEagle

He shielded himself as the smoke explodes in the distance and while they panicked, Raid charged forward, quickly driving his blade into the man's midsection. After giving one harsh push of his blade, he knocked the man away with his shield at the same time he pulled away his weapon, leaving the man to drop dead onto the floor. "Damn, another one...!" Goraidh cursed as another Reaver joined in the fray. However, before that Reaver could do much, Goraidh charged forward with his shield, slamming it against the Reaver's face, stunning him. Showing his own agility and swift skills, the swordsman quickly spun around, slicing the Reaver's head clean off of his shoulders. He then turned his attention across the room. "Is that all of them...!?"

MiaKage

At the call of Eira, Cirnelle noticed one of the mages in the cloud of smoke around the pins. Quickly reacting, she threw both her daggers at the man with deadly precision, one cutting deep into his shoulder, the other splitting his spine. The mage tried to cling to the pin as he fell, dying with an arm tangled. A quick look around the room, it seemed clear, "I think so..." She was unsure if she was quick enough to stop the mage before he had unlocked the pin though, fearfull of getting close, she decided to hang back and wait before moving towards it to recover her blades.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira tightly gripped the hand of the mage that was chanting a spell and sliced him across the chest with her Katana. He fell lifeless to the floor. By now, the room was empty, or seemed empty anyway, save for the thrashing Drakes. They had smelt the blood and were getting roused. "Yeah, I think we managed."

Then, amongst the noise of the drakes, they heard weeping from behind a slightly opened floor board. Eira sneaked in close and swiftly opened the floor board and raising her Katana to strike. What she saw was a mage alright, but it was a child, a girl crying and tightly holding a stuffed animal. She could not have been older than twelve. "It's a...child..." She told the others, lowering her weapon.

FazzEagle

Raid quickly swung his blade to the side, forcing the blood to remove itself from his blade before stepping closer to the drakes, seeing them thrash around. "... we'll have to find a way to deal with these Drakes without actually letting them out," he said, "With the way they are now, they'll be viscous from their thirst for blood." When they heard a noise from below, Raid himself had prepared himself to strike, but was just like Eira he was surprised when it turned out to be nothing more but a child. "A child...? Why would a child be doing in a place like this...?" He stepped closer to her, sheathing his blade but keeping his shield out. "Were you kidnapped by these people? ... don't worry; you're safe now."

Crowe

Eira

The girl didn't speak. She was still afraid and just looked away.

Eira knelt down. "It's alright. I am Eira. What's your name?" She asked, holding out her hand to the girl.

The girl looked back and forth between Eira and Raid. Her breaths slowed down a bit. "I-I'm...Claira." She replied, still afraid to come out of the hole.

"Were these men hurting you?" Eira asked, she couldn't help but feel empathy towards the scared girl.

"They...They were taking me to daddy. But they scare me." she replied, finally giving Eira her hand.

"Cirnelle, go make sure nobody else is coming." Eira said as she pulled the girl out of the hole. She proceeded to carefully inspect the girl for any physical harm.

MiaKage

Cirnelle carefully approached the mage hanging on the pin, and grabbed a hold of her blades, placing a foot on him as she pulled them out. "Alright alright," She shook her daggers, flicking the blood off them and onto the floor before replacing them into their sheath. "You might wanna take a look at the drake pins mr noble sir, you'll scare the poor little thing with that mug of yours." Her voice was cheerful once again, taking a crack at Raid hoping to lighten the mood once more. Quietly moving to the door, she opens it up a crack and pokes her head out to watch for intruders.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Watch how you speak to noble blood, elf," Raid responded - though he refrained himself from saying more in worry of scaring the little girl away. He first rubbed the blood from his face, wondering if that's why the girl was scared to begin with. Stepping away from the girl for now, Raid moved to look down at the drakes still thrashing about, and felt irritated by the noises they made. "Perhaps we should finish these off as soon as possible; the noises they're making might attract unwanted attention." Then, he looked back at Eira. "... you might want to get that girl out of this room for now and make sure she's well. Perhaps try to find out something about this 'father' of hers."

Crowe

Eira

"Alright." Eira said, still holding the girl's hand. "Come with me. You must be hungry." She said as she pulled the girl towards the door. Claira followed quietly, shying away from the bodies on the floor.

Eira stopped to speak to Cirnelle before leaving. "Cirnelle, there's still the one-eyed crewman that made the deal with these guys. Try and find his possessions and see if you can find more about this operation." She had seen the way the elf moved about and knew the girl was more nimble than she was. So she left it in her hands to sneak about and find out more before dawn arrived.

MiaKage

"righto!" She nodded, and silently moved into the hallway. She didn't know the layout of the ship, so she had no idea how long it would be to find her target, but that's never stopped her in the past!
On/Off

FazzEagle

He waited for all three of them to leave the room before closing the door behind them. Leaning against the door, he made sure no one was around or listening in, and once the area was clear, he finally stepped closer once again to the Drakes, all thrashing and crying before his presence.

"Now then..." he said, slowly pulling out his sword, "... where were we?"

And what followed through was a mystery, but it wasn't long until there were swift sounds of his blade swinging and slicing... before all the drakes were forced into silence and death. The swordsman himself stepped out not long after, his whole body covered by the Drakes' blood. He brushed his feet on the floor before walking away, heading back to his room. Thankfully, no one was around at the moment and he was able to pass by unnoticed... but he couldn't help but wonder where the other two went off to with the little girl. Nevertheless, he thought it was best to leave them out of his sight; the Blood Mages had been taken care of and the Drakes had been killed - he didn't think he needed to do anything else.

Crowe

Eira

Eira didn't have a room reserved on this ship, so she took Claire to grab something quick to eat and returned to Goraidh's room. They talked for a bit, and the girl finally fell asleep in the middle of his bed. Eira looked at her with what could be confused with an empty stare, but in fact, she was thinking about how it was when she was her age. All the things she took for granted and all the things she should have died to protect afterwards.

After a while, she sat on the floor and began rearranging her potions and traps, counting them. She needed to stock up once they arrived in Jader. And even then they still needed to cross over the border to Ferelden while posing as merchants. How would they do this with the girl in tow? It was all going to get very complicated real soon.

FazzEagle

By the time the two arrived in Goraidh's room, he had already removed his armor, keeping it away from the door and bed by placing them in the corner, where a half-empty bucket of water and a cloth were placed as well. Left with nothing but his shirt and his pants, his lean and well-toned form were made obvious - needless to say, he kept a body that was well looked-out after. He allowed the girl to rest on his bed and was relieved to see no wounds on her body. He did notice the somewhat prolonged stare by Eira to the girl but he didn't question it, figuring she was just probably worried about her.

"... you're lucky that she's just a child," Goraidh said, "It wasn't easy for me to get this room, you know." Leaning against the wall, he crossed his arms over his chest, attention now at Eira. "Now to the more important question: I'm assuming you couldn't find the girl's father. We can't very well bring her along since we have other things to do, and it's way beyond a place I would take a defenseless little girl to. Did she tell you anything?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira noticed Goraidh's form, but made sure not to stare or give off the wrong impression. She sat still, in the floor of the room, putting her weapons away. "She told me her father's name is Kirion. He's a mage working for some noble family in the Coastlands of Ferelden. She doesn't know anything about the Drakes or the Reavers's operation." Eira got up from where she sat and stretched. It had been a long day.

"Apparently, her father bribed some people to reclaim the girl before she made it to the Circle in Nevarra. I don't know what connection there is to the Drakes though." She said, taking off the cloak and placing it over her bag.

FazzEagle

"The Circle...? Are you saying that this girl is...?"

He looked back at the girl before shaking his head. He knew about the Circle and how they trap Mages in there - though for someone so young to be separated from their family?

"I see... A Mage whose powers have awakened at such a young age." Then, he looked back at the Rouge. "And now what? Are you planning on bringing this girl along then and bring her back to her father in Ferelden? Are we fit to guard and look after a child like this? And once she even returns to her father, what's there to say she won't be hunted down by the Templars in the future? Once people find out she's a Mage, they get taken to the Circle - that's how it's always been."

Crowe

Eira

"I know that..." She paused to take a breath, not wanting to have an arguement about it. "I don't know what to do with her, alright? I just know that she was part of this deal. If her father is in Jader, we'll just return her to him. Whatever happens after that...is none of our business." She didn't really know what to do as an alternative if her father wasn't there.

She turned around and and made her way to the small washroom. "I'm going to clean up, watch over her for now." She said, leaving her belt of potions behind but taking her Katana with her. "Inside the bag is some food I got for you and Cirnelle." She said and entered the washroom as she loosened her ponytail. The bag was next to the bed.

She closed the door and took off her gauntlets, boots, top and pants but kept the choker on. She sat on a barrel and began to clean herself with a wet towel. She began to unwind and reminisce about the past year. Everything seemed to have changed so quickly. She almost got lost in her own thoughts.

After dressing back up, she walked out of the washroom to check on Claira.

FazzEagle

Raid let out a sigh once Eira had left and then looked back at the girl. He knew what he said could have been taken as 'harsh', but he didn't want to risk endangering this one's life due to the line of work they were involved in. He brushed his hand across the girl's head before pulling out one of his clean shirts, draping it over her as a quilt just when Eira had just stepped out from the washroom. "The poor thing must be really tired," he said before turning around to face her, "Whether or not the Mages intentions were simply to return her to her father, they shouldn't have stuck her under the floorboard like that." He sighed, shaking his head. "I'd consider her fortunate if she didn't catch a fear of closed spaces like that. But... she can stay in this room as long as she likes, but it's your responsibility to look after her." He lifted an arm to rub the side of his neck. "I'm... not exactly very familiar with dealing with children, so to speak."

Crowe

Eira

"Nether do I, to be honest." Eira said, shaking her head slightly. "But I'll do what I can." She picked up the robe and put it back around her neck, covering the Emerald choker. Then she sat on the spot on the floor where she had made her space, placing her Katana next to her.

After a moment of silence, she looked up at him. "You say you are a noble, is that right?" she asked. "Where from?"

FazzEagle

"Somewhere North West in Nevarra," he replied, "The Cadwyn Family. At least... that's where it used to be. Everyone except me perished from an attack by those bloody Darkspawns. And so things took an unfortunate turn for me and so here I am: a noble son working as a mercenary... and killing off Dragons when necessary. I... really don't wish to talk about it further." He released a sigh. "And how about you? Your weapon in itself looks foreign... and you seem to have several unusual items in your possession. What... exactly is your line of work? Those things won't usually work effectively against Dragons, that's for sure."

Crowe

Eira

Eira listened to his story quietly. She looked at the Katana that laid by her side, wondering how to answer his question without saying too much. "I worked with a special team of dragon hunters called Dragoons. There were about seven of us..." She trailed off for a moment. "But we got separated. I haven't heard from them in months." She put the belt on the bag. "A friend of mine taught me to use these. Dragons have a better sense of smell than most think. As long as it confuses them, I can take care of the rest with this." She said as she held the Katana. "A gift from my mentor."

That was about all she wanted to say at the moment. "So, what's your deal with mages? It seems like you've had some experience with Maleficarum before." She knew she may be pushing it a little, but she had to know.

At that moment, Claira shifted and clung to Goraidh's arm. "Mmm...Daddy..." She mumbled in her sleep.

FazzEagle

"I see... No wonder you've been chosen for this mission."

He didn't ask any further about her story but he knew there was weight in her words when she trailed off earlier. He could assume the worse had happened to her 'friends' given their line of work, but he didn't feel like he needed to share that thought. When asked about his issues with Mages, however, he shot her a scowl.

"I don't see how that's any of your business," he said plainly, "We're merely comrades through chance after all."

Before he could say anything more though, he felt something clinging onto his arm, and saw that it was the sleeping little girl. Hearing her cal him her father made him understand that the girl truly did want to see him. He threw a glance at Eira before looking away again.

"Alright... fine," he said, his voice almost a forced tone, "We'll bring this girl along to meet her father.. but that's it, alright? Once we're done with that, we'll head straight to Drake Falls - no questions asked."

Crowe

Eira

Eira didn't take offense to his response about the blood mages, after all, he was right. It was none of her business and if asked something similar, she'd probably react in much the same way. She simply nodded silently.

"Alright. She said her home is in the Coastlands anyway, and Drake's Fall is farther east. We'll be able to leave her there on the way. Hopefully, we'll evade the coming Darkspawn from the South by then." She said, then turned to the wall, leaning on her bag for support, and closed her eyes.

Claira's dark hair ran down to her neck, where it looked like it had been chopped off. Some Circles believed this would prevent demons of Lust to target girls.

FazzEagle

"Then for this girl's sake we'll have to take the safer but longer route..." Goraidh said, brushing his fingers across his own jet-black hair, "... if possible, it'd be best to avoid any fights until we get her safe. I suggest taking a safe trade route that travels to the Coastlands, and perhaps if possible get a ride with a merchant. We can't have her keep walking all the way back to her home, and I doubt any of us would want to keep carrying her the whole way either."

Crowe

Eira

Eira nodded, it made sense although it would take them longer. Of course, she was worried what might happen if the girl's father thought they had kidnapped her. He worked for a noble, probably a Ban, and it would be hard to explain how they came across her. But right now, all those 'ifs' were too much to try and figure out.

It didn't take long for her to fall into sleep. Her hair draped over her face as her head rested on the wall. One hand loosely clung the the cloak around her neck while the other was placed over her Katana. Her green Dragoon armor lay by her side. She hoped, in vain, that the memories wouldn't haunt her this night once more, although she knew better.

FazzEagle

As the others had fallen asleep, he stood back up, slowly removing the girl's hand from his arm. He stepped out of the room to leave the two for now, but stood outside his room to make sure no one else was around. The elf had not yet returned though so he figured he should look for her in case she didn't know where they went.

"I'm sure these two will be alright if I just leave them for a while," he muttered to himself, "... now where'd that elf ran off to...?" Eventually he walked away, leaving a sleeping Eira and Claira behind.

MiaKage

Ugh! Where are they?! Cirnelle had been wandering the cabins where she thought the nobles room was at, after returning to find no one where she had left them. As she walked through the halls up and down stairs peering into room after room, her frustration began to show in her walk. Being barefoot, however, helped keep her from making any noticeable noise as she made her way in search of her companions. Her experiences on ships certainly cemented the fact that she never wants to be on another ship again.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh walked along the hallway currently armed with nothing, thinking that perhaps the scent or even a single sight of blood from earlier could arouse suspicion. There doesn't seem to be any panic at the moment so what he could assume was that no one had found the bodies yet, which he dumped among the pile of dead Drakes. Hearing footsteps nearby, however, the swordsman braced himself for an ambush. He quickly sidestepped to the side to confront the person... only to find out it was none other than Cirnelle.

"By the Maker..." he said, sighing in relief, "There you are, elf; I was wondering where you ran off to."

MiaKage

By the look on her face, she was clearly frustrated. She stopped suddenly as Raid had stepped into her path. Slightly startled she took a quick step backwards, but recognizing him, quickly went back to her carefree grin she always seemed to sport.

"Well it's about time I found you! I've been trying to find your room, but this place is too confusing!" She quickly held up papers slightly covered in blood, "I found something interesting! Where's Eira? and the little one?" She leaned to one side to see behind him, seeing of they were with him, frowning slightly when she saw they were not.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"They are currently sleeping and safe in my room," Goraidh said before looking back at the blood-covered paper she was holding, "... and papers...? Covered in blood...?" He would try to take it from her for the time being to read it. "Where in the Maker did you find it?"

MiaKage

"Nuh uh! This is for Eira!" She quickly retracted and stuffed the paper into armor, "And as to where I found it, the one eyes guy had it! Found them in the big ol' smelly's room." She chuckled as she answered him. "So where is your room again? I've been having a horrible time trying to find it again! I'd like Eira to look over the notes and would love to take a nap myself."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Unbeknownst to anyone, from within the room came a faint glow. It was mint color and pulsing slowly. It oculd be seen only through the edges of the door. Whatever sound this resonance made, it could not be heard outside the wooden walls for it was faint and subtle, almost like a whisper. It was so faint, it didn't seem to wake Eira or Claira at all. Then, as soon as it started, it stopped and disappeared.

FazzEagle

"Quiet, elf...!" Goraidh said, quickly turning to face her, "I know not of anyone with... 'one eye'... and I clearly don't want to know what business you had in a 'smelly' room either. But fine, I shall take you to my room but keep your voice down - the little girl is sleeping." Then, he turned away from her, walking back to the direction of his room. "... you are lucky that I currently don't have my weapon with me."

As they walk back towards his room, he shifted his eyes back and forth to make sure no one was following them and eventually, the two would finally arrive.

"Here. Remember it this time - I'm not a bloody tour guide."

MiaKage

Her expression changing as he faced away, glaring at him. "The one eye man is the man that was with our new friend Garman. And don't try to threaten me! I've heard it all, I used to live in an Alienage."

As he turned back to her, she changed back to her carefree grin "Aww, but you do such a good job at it!" She chucked again before entering the room and taking a seat on the bed waiting for Eira to wake.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira shifted and opened her eyes as the two entered the room. "Cirnelle..." She said as she stretched. "What did you find?" She sat straight up and fixed her hair behind her ears and then to one side of her neck before turning her full attention to the elf.

Claira was still sleeping, clinging to her teddy bear.

MiaKage

Walking over to Eira standing before her she whipped out the papers with the notes scribbled onto them. "I found where that one eyed man was staying, and I 'confiscated' some notes of his." She handed the note to her, then finding herself a spot to sit and relax a little, removing her armor and using it as a makeshift cushion.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira looked at the notes and read them. "It looks like the mage was desperate to get his daughter back if he was willing to pay these smugglers." She passed them on to Goraidh. "It looks like we have our meeting place. This elf, Taven, must be a servant of Claira's father. The exchange is taking place behind this Black Rune Inn."

She knew they had to be careful. Usually, these things have a nasty habbit of turning sour when things don't go according to plan. Taven might bring more men with him in an attempt to ambush them. They had to prepare and make sure to talk to Taven first before handing over the girl.

FazzEagle

"Black Rune Inn, huh...?" He looked over the paper before casting a glance to the sleeping girl. "Are you sure things will go down easy? We just killed the Mages they hired - they're obviously going to be asking questions about them if not the Drakes they requested. We could ask the girl though if she knows this elf named Taven first. Well... once she wakes up, that is." He pushes the paper back to Cirnelle before heading towards the door. "I'm assuming the elf will want to stay here as well, and I for one am not fond of crowded places like this. I will be outside if you need me."

Crowe

Eira

Eira cast a glance at the girl before responding. "I'll talk to her once she wakes up." Then she returned her gaze to Goraidh. "We'll deal with the elf one way or another. I doubt he'll want to incur the wrath of his master by failing to deliver his daughter. He must know what they wanted with the Drakes, at least. We'll propose a trade; information for the girl, and see what happens."

As Goraidh left the room, she returned to her position on the floor and tried to get some sleep.

~

The next morning, the Templars were indeed asking a lot of questions to everyone in sight. The rumors of a battle going on, with mages to boot, had reached them. While some stayed with the Mother, others were questioning the passengers. Luckily for the party, they had already arrived in Jader.

Music could be heard and balloons could be seen floating up into the sky from the city. Apparently, there was a festival of some sort taking place. Many people lined up near the harbor to welcome the arrivals.

~

Eira woke up to find that Claira was out of her bed. She got up as fast as she could, though her body ached from sleeping on the floor. She saw a light coming from the washroom and quickly opened the door to find Claira playing with a wisp. It was a Spell Wisp, dancing in the air around the girl. Claira seemed delighted and was giggling while trying to catch it.

Shocked, Eira took a few quick stomps and grabbed the girl's hand firmly. "Stop that! Don't ever do that!" She harshly shouted without tact. Claira lost concentration as she jumped in surprise and the spell wisp disappeared. "Are you trying to call the Templars?!" Eira said, still furious.

Claira just looked at her in fear before yanking her hand away and running back into the room on the verge of tears. Eira realized she had mistreated her and let out a remorseful sigh. She slowly went back into the room, where Claira was sitting in the bed, silent, and once again gripping her teddy bear. "I...I'm sorry." Was all she could say.

FazzEagle

A knock would soon be heard on the door, and Goraidh would return. "Looks like all of you are awake..." he said, "Good; looks like we've made it. The Templars are asking around so we'd best not do anything to attract attention. Though... seems like we just made it for the festival---" Noticing the sad expression on Clara's face, he raised a brow at Eira. "Did I... interrupt something? Anyways, it's time we get off this ship. Let me just put my armor on."

He walked towards his equipment before looking at the girl and then back to Eira again. "Have you fed her yet?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira's attention was taken by Goraidh as he walked into the room. She listened to what he said silently and simply nodded. When he asked about Claira, she looked at the girl and then averted her gaze. Claira, in turn, only looked down, but her eyes seemed to light up just for a second at the mension of the festival.

Eira passed Raid and crouched near her bag. She combed her hair and put it back into a ponytail. "Nothing yet. I thought we'd get some food in town." She responded to his question while putting on her boots, weapons and armor. She didn't look his way, and she didn't know if Cirnelle had been awake to hear what happened.

For now, their priority was to get off the ship and away from the Templars.

FazzEagle

Goraidh took notice of how Eira was trying to avoid looking at either him or the girl, but made no mention about it for now thinking it was none of his concern.

"Exactly what I was thinking," Raid said in response to the food, "Finally we'll get something actually decent to eat around here."

Once he was done, the swordsman buckled his weapon on his side and then turned to look at Claira. "It'll be crowded out there so don't wander off on your own, you hear?"

MiaKage

Cirnelle started to stir at the mention of a festival going on, she was groggy however, mornings and her never agreed. She stood and stretched then began to start packing her bag. "So have we docked yet?" Trying to be as clear as possible, although her words mumbled as she fought to wake. "Where we eating?" She gave a yawn, clearly ignorant to the events going on, almost forgetting about what had happened the day before.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Claira nodded to Goraidh's question and sat on the edge of the bed. She took his hand and stepped out of the bed, still holding his hand and grabbing the teddy bear with the other.

Eira looked at Cirnelle as she picked up her bag. "We'll find something to eat at the festival. Right now we need to move on." She opened the door and walked out after a quick glance back. As they moved through the crowd of people, Eira tries to avoid the gaze of the Templars. Thankfully for them, there are so many people in line that the Templars are having a hard time filtering them.

At the gate, they present their fake IDs and move on through. Claira, in turn, tugs on Goraidh's arm and points to the puppet show. "Look! A puppet show!" Her eyes glow with excitement.

FazzEagle

Apparently the little girl refused to let go of his hand no matter what, but Goraidh did nothing to set her aside for now - it was still better than having her run off on her own. The sights and sounds of the festival soon came into their senses, the colors and music being good changes of pace compared to the dark and gloomy atmosphere the ship had to offer them throughout the whole journey. Of course - true to his personality - Goraidh was the least enthusiastic over the whole situation; they annoyed him more than it entertained him. He cursed under his breath about everything being a 'commoner's taste', but before he could finish, the tug on his arm made him turn his attention to Claira, and then towards the Puppet Show.

"Right... a Puppet Show," he said in a plain tone, "... interesting." Then, he sighed and looked back at his comrades. "You two find a room in the inn first; we'll... meet you up later." Just like that, the swordsman walked closer towards the Puppet Show, bringing the girl with him. "As soon as we're done, we're heading off to find something to eat, understand?"

MiaKage

"Aww, I think she likes him." Cirnelle turned to Eira as Raid and the little girl wondered off to the puppet show. "But do we really need to find a room now?! It's a festival! we should be checking out the stalls! the plays! and the food!" She grinned as she pulled up a small pouch of coin that she had 'found' "I'm buying." She looked back at Goraidh being dragged to the puppets by the little girl and chuckled, "We should pick up something sweet for the little one at least."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Pulling her hood up, Eira took a look at the crowd. "Heh, it's definitely Orlais. Only they could be having a festival while their neighboring country is in the brink of a Blight." She said to no one in particular.

Eira looked at Goraidh and the girl. She couldn't help but smile a little bit when Cirnelle made a comment about them. She stopped walking to take a look around them as Raid and Claira walked away. Cirnelle seemed just as excited as the girl. "Tell you what, go find a nice place for us to eat and we'll meet up within the hour at that Aveline statue over there." She said, pointing towards the statue of the female knight that was surrounded by flowers and a steel fence. She didn't even ask where the elf got the coin. After all, right now they couldn't afford to be picky, especially with the Templars still about.

"I'll go find us lodging for the moment. Maybe I'll try to find that Black Rune Inn that the note mentions." With that, she gave Cirnelle a slight pat on the shoulder and walked away.

~

Claira excitedly tried to take a peek at the puppet show, but there were many people in the crowd. Next to them, a father had his boy on his shoulders. Claira looked up at Goraidh but she couldn't bring herself to ask him to do the same.

Eira walked towards the Black Rune Inn after she spotted it down the streets. The festivities had almost all buildings covered in flowers and flags, with confetti carpeting the stone streets. She entered the building and walked up to the counter. To further confuse anyone that might be following them, be it Templar or not, she signed them in as a family of three; Claira being Raid and Eira's daughter and their elf servant, Cirnelle. It seemed to be the most convenient and believable lie at the moment, and it also made them seem less threatening.

FazzEagle

Goraidh had no choice but to watch the Puppet Show along with Claira, but as expected, it didn't entertain him as much as it did for the children.

"This is why I'm not good with children... hm?" Noticing Claira looking up at him, he raised a brow. "... what? Is there something on me?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira shook her head. "I can't see..." She said, as she stood on the tip of her toes, trying to look over one woman's shoulder but couldn't.

Meanwhile, Eira was trying to get some information out of the woman in the front desk. "So you haven't seen an elf aroud here?"

"Not one that wasn't already in the company of their masters." the woman replied. "Are you expecting something?"

"No, but if an elf comes asking for anyone, just tell him that his 'package' will be delivered just as promised." She said, hoping to set a lure for Taven when he came to make the exchange later that night.

FazzEagle

"Maybe we should have come here later when there's less people?" Goraidh suggested, but in the end, he groaned before kneeling down. "... alright, alright. Here, ride on my shoulders for now. I'm pretty tall so you'll get a good view that way. Just don't move around too much or I'll probably drop you." Of course, secretly, this was embarrassing to him - the son of a noble, doing simple favors being a standing platform for a child? "Well? Come on, or the Puppet Show's going to end."

Crowe

Claira beamed a bright smile and quickly jumped up on his shoulders. She held on to his face with both hands and giggled. She remembered when her father would let her do it while her mother worried about her safety. But she didn't want to think too much about her mother, and her fate. For now, she just smiled as only a child knows how, and enjoyed the show.

MiaKage

Cirnelle nodded and made her way into the crowd, easily distracted by the entertainment going on at various locations throughout the festival. Figuring this would probably be the only time to enjoy herself for a while, she wanted to make the most of her time here. As she made her way through the food stalls she began to indulge her sweet tooth with candied apples and small tarts. She of course 'borrowed' a few to give to the little one when her coin she had found started to run low. It wasn't long, however, that she started to notice people keeping an eye on her. Maybe she was going a little overboard, and decided to head to the statue to meet Eira before everyone decided to call the guard on her.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh would wait - or better yet - 'endure' the whole situation until the Puppet Show would come to an end.

"Finally..." he groaned, "I cannot handle so many nonsense at once. Why in the Maker would that other Puppet keeping hitting the other Puppet with a club? ... was there a joke in there I didn't understand...? Well... either way, the show's done so let's go find the others." He looked up at her. "Let's have you stay this way for now - perhaps that girl or the elf could find us easier this way through this bloody crowd. Just hang on... just... don't pull on my hair too hard."

The swordsman made his way through the crowd, while giving Claira a good view from 6 feet above.

Crowe

Eira

"Okay, Gora." Claira responded, holding on to his face and hair. "I'll find them." She said, looking over the crowd for the others. She liked being so high up. "There!" She pointed to the statue in the middle of the plaza.

Eira was already at the statue of Aveline, sitting on the fence while trying not to stand out too much. As she watched the crowd, she could swear she saw someone familiar. "Kareth..?" She stood up and started walking towards him. Almost like in a trance, she reached out, ignoring everyone else around her. "Kareth!" She grabbed his shoulder to turn him around. When the elf turned around, it was someone else, a stranger. He gave her the odd look while she returned to her senses. Without another word, she turned and walked away, almost bumping into Cirnelle. "Oh...hey. Did you find a good place to eat?" she asked her elven companion.

FazzEagle

"Good," Goraidh said, "The sooner we get this done, the... Did you just call me 'Gora'...? Don't ever address me in such a manner again - it's either 'Sir Goraidh' or 'Sir Raidh'! 'Gora'... sounds like something I'd named a baby ogre... An ugly one too." When the girl pointed towards the direction of the statue, Raid spotted the rouge as well - though he can't exactly hear who she's calling out due to the music around them. As soon as they walked closer, the familiar elf soon showed herself too. "Oh, good; you're both here - saved me the time looking for you both. Alright, time to get down, you." He knelt down, giving Claira the chance to finally hop off of him. "Did you manage to find a place for us to rest for the night?"

MiaKage

She gave a nervous chuckle at the question, "Uh...no, nothing that appetizing in that area," She scratched at the bag of her head as she spoke, "I did pick up some sweets to share though! She swung her pack down and pulled out a candied apple, handing it to Claira, "Here you go little one! did you have fun with the big scary man?" She ruffled her hair as she spoke to her.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Claira giggled and then thought about it. "Sir?...Oh! Are you a real knight?" She asked, leaning forward to see his face, her hair hanging down as she did so. She carefully jumped down afterwards. She quickly took the apple from Cirnelle and shook her head energetically. "He's not scary at all." She said, grabbing his hand.

Eira looked at them, a bit of surprise at how he was carrying the girl. It almost made her smile at the sight. Big, serious Goraidh being sweet and kind to the little girl. "We'll stay at the Black Rune Inn for the night. They have food there as well, so its alright." She replied.

FazzEagle

"Even a child apparently has more sense than you, elf," Goraidh said, standing up once again, "Perhaps -you- might stand to learn from her a little." Hearing the name of the Black Rune Inn, however, he turned his eyes sharply towards Eira, knowing what that could mean. "I see. Well, so be it then." He patted the little girl once on the head before walking away. "Come on, let's go find the inn and get something to eat. That Puppet Show made me hungry for some reason."

MiaKage

Cirnelle chuckled, "Thats so cute!" She couldn't  help find the situation with claira and Goraidh adorable.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

"It looks like you two had fun." Eira said as she began to follow Goraidh.

"Yup!" Claira said, still hanging from Goraidh's arm while eating the apple. "He's my knight." She said.

Eira was glad that he took her to the puppet show. It seems to have lifted the girl's spirits and she didn't look like she had spent hours tucked into some crawlspace on a ship. Sometimes, Eira wished she could have that carefree attitude, but she knew she couldn't. Not until she did what she came here for.

When they reached the Inn, Eira asked the woman at the desk to give them a table at the dining area in the back.

"But of course, Mrs. Ladon (the name she signed them in with). This is your husband and daughter, then? She's adorable!" The deskwoman said, making Eira more than a little embarrassed at the awkward moment. Right away, they were directed to their table.

((I'm going off for a few hours. Take care.))

FazzEagle

Goraidh was just trying to avoid the attention the little girl was apparently giving him, but for some reason she's stuck with him - for him, perhaps it was just through a reason only a child could make. When they entered the inn, there was still some noise, but much more tolerable than the one happening outside. The scent of food was close, and it only made Goraidh impatient. However, his attention was shifted temporarily when Eira was addressed with a different name.

"'Ladon'...?" However, what the woman said next was the bigger surprise. "Husband...? Daughter...?"

Upon seeing that he was the one being addressed, he slowly looked towards Eira, as if demanding an explanation - though he waited for them to be directed at their table and have the woman leave after taking their orders.

"'Husband'...? You told them -I- was your husband...?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira tried her best to avoid Goraidh's questioning looks as they were led to their table. She sat down with Cirnelle to her left, Goraidh to her right and Claira across from her. As soon as the woman took their orders and left, there was a moment of akward silence.

Goraidh was still perplexed by her decision. Finally she groaned softly and looked at him. "Yes, it seemed to be the most convenient story for now." She turned to look at Claira, who was happily finishing the apple. "We can't just tell everyone how we found her." She didn't look back at him. "Don't worry, you're not my type." She said with a slight smirk.

MiaKage

Cirnelle couldn't help but laugh at Goraidh's reaction. "Oh it's not that bad!" She couldn't resist making pokes at Raid's frustrations. Balancing her chair on it's back legs she turned her attention toward Eira, "So what exactly is the plan in case this little meeting we're having goes south? I mean, Raidh did murder their pack of drakes."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira pondered for a second. "We'll take care of it. You should stay in the shadows just in case." She replied to Cirnelle. The waiter came by and put the food on the table, although he couldn't seem to be able to hide his hesitance to serve an elf. At least he left without asking questions.

FazzEagle

"Oh... well... you're not exactly my type either then." Goraidh slowly shifted his eyes away as he said that, but soon found their way back to Cirnelle, who was once again making jokes at his expense. "... keep that up and you're going to end up as her retarded long lost cousin." At the mention of 'murdering Drakes', he glanced towards Claira before straightening himself on his seat. "This is neither the time or place to talk about such things. Claira, we'll get you back to your father soon, alright?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira quietly ate her food, looking back and forth between the three of them. She smiled at Goraidh and nodded. "I know. Sir Raidh will take me back home." She said proudly.

Eira reached into her bag and pulled out two keys. She gave one to Cirnelle. "They don't allow elves in the second floor, so your room is here on the ground level. This could work in our favor since you'll be able to leave your room unnoticed." She explained.

Then she got up from her chair after finishing her meal. "This one is for our room." She told Goraidh before looking at Claira. "Do you need to use the bathroom?" to which the girl nodded yes. "Alright, come on." She waved for Claira to come over. "I'll see you upstairs...dear." She said to Goraidh. She added that last part when she caught the eye of the deskwoman who was looking their way.

They went upstairs and Eira held the girl's teddy while Claira was in the bathroom. The room had one big bed and a small one, suposedly for the child. They would only spend one night here before having to move on. Hopefully the exchange would go well, although that might mean saying goodbye to Claira.

MiaKage

"Hey now, no need to get snippy!" She snickered, "Besides, it is the truth after all."

Taking the key, she nodded in agreement, "Just make sure you let me know when it's time for us to get moving along, wouldn't want to leave me behind again, the crowds can get a little heavy this time you know." Cirnelle made an attempt at a thieves can't signal, hoping to let Eira know to give a signal for when to start to move, just in case someone overheard.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"What do you know...?" Goraidh said, taking a sip of his drink, "Perhaps your place in society may actually suit your line of work, elf."

He ate his food and one could tell that he actually enjoyed it - it was much better cooked than the ones on the ship. As they were done, he raised a brow at Eira calling him 'dear', but soon saw the desk woman apparently looking at them - he had no choice but to play along.

"Sure... honey," he said with almost a twitch in one eye before looking at the little girl, "And don't keep your... 'mother' waiting now." He watched them both leave before he stood up - though he stopped Cirnelle before she could. "And 'servant'... be helpful and... carry our bags to our rooms. Don't drop 'em though 'cause it's quite a walk up those stairs." He secretly flashed the elf a cocky smirk, waiting for her to actually do what he told her to.

Crowe

Eira

Eira sat in the bed, helping Claira finish getting changed. They had the Orlesian lady bring something for her. Eira brushed her hair and fixed it with her dagger where the templars had chopped it off. "Say, where's your mother?" She asked.

"The monsters...They took her under the ground." Claira said somberly.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Eira finished fixing her hair. "Well we're going to make sure that you're reunited with your father, alrgiht?" She said after she turned the girl around.

"I like your necklace." Claira said, reaching up to touch the emerald stone in Eira's choker.

"You do? Maybe I'll make one for you someday." Eira said, putting the finishing touches to the girl's dress. She wasn't sure if she could keep her word on it if the girl was going home soon, but she meant to, and that's what mattered.

MiaKage

Cirnelle grumbled as she started towards her room after taking the things Raidh had left for her to bring to the room. Her thoughts were filled with ways to get back at him, but that would have to wait. As she entered her room, she collapsed onto her bed face down grumbling into her pillow, things that would make even a dark spawn blush. Rolling over and with a deep sigh, she pulled out one of her throwing daggers and began to play with it, twirling it on the tip of her finger as she waited for when she was needed.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Eventually, night came and the music from the festival came to silence. Still in his room, Goraidh waited for Eira to get ready, but his attention shifted to Claira every now and then. He leaned against the wall, looking out the window seeing only the patrolling guards making their rounds. There were talks about a fight happening in the ship but thankfully none of them got the accusing finger.

"So how are we going to do this...?" he asked Eira, "Just walk up to them and hand her over?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira looked out the window at the colorful lights that adorned the town.

Eira fixed her outfit inside the bathroom, making sure to have all her potions and traps handy. She equiped her weapons and put on her cloak before coming out. "From the notes its evident they will do anything to avoid harming Claira, so she'll come with us. But Cirnelle should stay hidden in case anything goes wrong."

She sat on the bed and finished putting her boots on. "We'll ask about the Drakes. This Taven person must know something about them, and about Claira's father." She got up and walked up to Claira, patting her head. She gave a faint smile to return Claira's bright one. "We also have to make sure he won't just put her in a trunk or something for the rest of the trip."

Then she looked at Goraidh. "Hey, you should be more respectful towards Cirnelle. She's still part of the group and is just as important as either of us." She said, knowing that it may not make a difference, but feeling that she had to say it.

FazzEagle

"Oh, what's this then...?" Goraidh asked, raising a brow, "Now you're pretending to boss me around? Remember that you're acting to be my wife." He straightened himself up, casting a frown at her. "And 'group'? You mean 'temporary group'. As soon as we've done our job getting rid of those bloody dragons, we have absolutely no more reason to see each other anymore. ... frankly, I could do without even learning the names of either of you. Sides... who knows what she must have caught during her time in the Alienage?" Then he started to walk towards the door. "Either way, I'm thinking we should get this over with. Make sure to tell the elf to get ready and have her stay close."

Crowe

Eira

"You're right. We have no need to be friends, but at some point our lives might be in her hands, so we could at least try not to make things worse. I should not have to tell you that we couldn't have taken on all those Reavers and mages by ourselves. We are here because she is here. That's all." Eira took Claira's hand and led her out of the room with Goraidh. She didn't intend to argue his dislike of elves or how she felt about them personally. The way things were at that moment, she knew this mission was difficult enough without them being at each other's throats.

As they made their way towards the back door of the Inn to meet with Taven, Eira knocked on Cirnelle's door twice to give her the cue to be ready.

MiaKage

Cirnelle waited a few minutes after the knock to give them time to get ahead. She quickly got her armor on, and going to her bag, pulling out a red scarf throwing it on. She grabbed 6 throwing daggers to place in various places on her body. She quietly moved out of her room and followed the group in the shadows, making sure not even they would be able to see her.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh and the rest finally made their way out of the inn to meet for the exchange. The night was quiet and only the patrols were around, and those that walked past them only warned them to be careful during the dark. As they head towards the back of the inn, they would see and elf standing  with his arms crossed. Two men stood by his side, presumably bodyguards or hired thugs to keep trouble away. When the elf spotted the group, he released his arms and stepped forward, eyes focusing on the girl before the two that brought her.

"Ah, you've finally arrived..." the elf said, "I was worried you'd be caught on your way here."

Crowe

Eira

Eira looked down to Claira. "Is this Taven?" She asked the girl in case the elf was someone else trying to trick them. Claira nodded in affirmation. Though the girl had seen him with her father, she didn't know him well.

"The Reavers are dead. You're dealing with us now." Eira showed him the letters they uncovered so he knew they had some leverage. She was hoping Cirnelle had circled around by now in case the elf became aggressive. Hopefully though, it would all go smoothly so they could carry on their mission without further delay.

MiaKage

Once the meeting place had been reached, Cirnelle quickly made her way up the side of one of the nearby buildings. Making her way across the roof tops, perched right above the groups, watching carefully for any signs of aggression from any of them. She couldn't hear what was going on below, but her position gave her the perfect view of the field able to plan escape routes in case everything went south. 
On/Off

FazzEagle

"What? Dead...?" the elf asked, a surprised expression taking over him, "But if Miss Claira is with you then...  Then what of the Drakes? They were supposed to be shipped here as well!"

"... pretty much like the Reavers: lying dead in the ship." Goraidh said plainly, "There's currently an investigation going on about why there were Drakes on board a public ship like that. What was your Master planning on doing with such dangerous beasts and keeping them in the same room as his daughter?" Goraidh stepped forward, but the two brutes beside the elf stopped him as they looked like they were ready to attack if necessary. "... and not to mention hiring Blood Mages. Dealing with ANY Blood Mage is a crime in itself; your Master best have a good reason for doing all this."

Crowe

Eira

Eira held on to Claira's hand, while under the cloak her other hand held a smoke bomb ready. There was tension in the air. "We're willing to let you take Claira back to her father, but you must answer our questions first." She said. Truth was, they couldn't afford to travel through the Frostbacks with the girl in tow, but Taven didn't know that. It was all a matter of getting as much information as they could about Claira's father and how it was all connected to their mission; finding out if dragons had been rising in Ferelden.

FazzEagle

The elf sighed, and shook his head. "Alright, alright. My Master just wants his daughter back. What was he supposed to do?" Taven motioned a hand to the little girl. "Ask the Templars to hand her back? There is no way the Templars would ever release her so easily. So... he-- 'we' hired Blood Mages to do it for us." Then he took a step back. "A, And about the Drakes... I really don't know, okay? My Master just asked them to bring back Drakes for something; he wouldn't even share it with me! Maybe it has something to do with the Darkspawns, or maybe the Archdemon - I wouldn't know! But now we'll never know since the Drakes are all dead now."

"Who exactly is her father anyway?" Goraidh asked, stepping forward, "No ordinary man could pull off all these things."

"He's... a mage." Taven replied, "He's serving a member of the Howe family in Highever."

MiaKage

Grr, what are they saying!? She couldn't hear a word of the conversation taken place, but by the body language, it seems that it was moving in their favor. She leaned over in feeble attempt to at least be able to make out any of their words. She was poised in a way that, if it were not for her particular skills, she would quickly tumble off the edge at the slightest of breezes. She kept calm and cool and waited, her eyes shifting between her group and the ones they were there to meet.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Claira's father put himself in a lot of danger to get his daughter back. Perhaps being a mage helped, since he would know what they go through. While many people tried to hide their mage children from the templars, once they are taken only few would try to get them back.

So far Taven was confirming everything Claira had told them, but when he talked about the Archdemon, the situation got more complicated. The rumored Blight could have something to do with the dragons, which made it all the more crucial that they made it to Drake's Fall as soon as possible.

"I suppose you are meeting with him soon, then?" Eira asked the elf.

FazzEagle

"Oh uh... yes!" the elf said, "He's asked us to deliver his daughter as soon as possible. So please, Miss Ciara, it's time for us to go now and meet your father, alright?"

Goraidh glances at Eira but says nothing, wondering what else she might want to say before they would hand over the little girl to this 'Taven' person.

Crowe

((If I don't post for more than 3 days soon, it means I may have had to go to the hospital and won't be back for about two weeks unfortunately.))

Eira

Eira didn't say or do anything at the moment. Her gaze distant, she simply let go of Claira's hand slowly as she closed her eyes. This was the right thing to do. At least her father would hopefully take better care of her than they could.

Claira immediately clung to Goraidh's leg, burying her face into it. She let out a whimper of discontent.

Hunching down to her level, Eira put a hand to her shoulder. "This is for the best. We can't take you all the way." She spoke those words for both her and the girl. The Frostbacks would best be traveled in a big company, which Taven seemed to have waiting for him, not a disfunctional party of 3. For better or worse, Claira had to go with the elf.

FazzEagle

Raidh looked down on the little girl having wrapped her arms around his leg, and there were both worry and annoyance in his face. He rubbed his hand on the little girl's head to at least try to comfort her.

"It's alright..." he said, "I'm... sure we'll cross paths someday again."

He gently scooted the little girl towards the elf, flashing a forced smile before finally letting go.

"... hopefully not as a blood mage," he said in a whispering voice to Eira. Looking back at Taven, he nods to him. "Make sure you get her to her father safely, elf. She's... been through quite a bit, you know?"

Crowe

Eira

Claira slowly nodded and walked towards Taven, solemnly holding her teddy.

"Yeah..." Eira responded to Raidh's comment as she got back up. She waved goodbye to the girl and then paused abruptly. She just heard footsteps nearby. As she looked around she saw several men not wearing the same clothes as Taven's hired men. These were bandits.

"We heard there would be an exchange taking place. Looks like we made it on time, boys!" Their leader said to the other thieves who were now coming out into the light all around them. They bore their swords and daggers, ready to mug everyone in sight.

"Take Claira, now!" Eira said to Taven and unsheathed her katana. She gave Cirnelle the gesture to begin an attack.

MiaKage

With a smirk, Cirnelle drew her daggers as she dropped down from the building. Aiming for one of the bandits in the back, she lands on his shoulders driving her daggers deep into his chest as she continued to fall, rolling, twisting the man around finishing him off as she tumbled into a low stance behind the rest of them. The fall was a bit harder to land than she expected, and was in a defensive posture as she fought to recover from the impact, holding the daggers in front of her, with a dark grin on her face as she sized up the group.
On/Off

Seventh

The journey from the Anderfels had been rough and lengthy. He'd ridden a horse across the barren lands of his home, crossing into the Tevinter and cutting a sharp line south through Nevarra. He wasn't thrilled about the journey, particularly travelling through Nevarran land. It felt like another world from his own stony, bleak steppes; filled with colour and artistry where his home was grey and ancient. But the note penned for him by the First Warden detailed that it was necessary for him to catch a ship from Cumberland to Jader: The Revenant.

It was on this ship that he sat in the confines of his room. Outside his doors, one could hear the bustle of people as they boarded, chatter about the prices of the tickets, the wind, and even some loud complaints that there were no more private rooms available. But Vetur was ignoring it, his steel-grey eyes fixed on the token he twisted between his fingers. Supposedly, the other members assigned to this mission by the Penterghast would bear the same emblem, though finding them might be difficult. Still, they were headed to the same location - their paths would cross somewhere on the road.

He let the emblem drop from his fingers, and it clattered against the emblazoned griffon that decorated the plate of his chest piece. Much of his armour had been removed - it was a little too bulky for a ship, regardless of how large a vessel it may be. Vetur moved for his window and pulled the shutters aside, opening the cabin to the cool winds of the sea. It toyed with his pale blonde hair, and pulled at the heavy furs of his hood. He stood for some time pondering the task ahead, with the wind whipping at his face for so long his cheeks felt numb by the time he lay down.

A knock the following morning brought Vetur sharply to his senses. He lay still, his fingers groping for the wrapped handle of his axe. He moved slowly, silently, and got to his feet. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"Templars. Open the door!" The gruff call came from behind the polished wood.

Vetur relaxed, lowering the axe as he moved for the door. He pulled it open, and stepped out into the air - looking down at the silver-armoured templars with their squared helms. He could see their eyes narrow through the visor slits as they looked up to him, his face an expression of cold displeasure.

"Sir... Following last night's incident, we need to ask you some questions." One of the faceless pair - one with blue eyes, spoke coldly despite his polite tone. His eyes were also fixed not on Vetur's face, but on the haft of his axe.

"I saw nothing. I have been resting." Vetur replied coolly. He'd heard some of the commotion early in the morning, but as it concerned mages and not darkspawn, he chose not to involve himself. He could not afford to get sidelined when his orders came from the First Warden himself.

"Resting?" The templar asked suspiciously.

"Yes. I have come a long way... from Weisshaupt." The word had an immediate effect. A glance over his shoulder revealed the griffon mark on plate armour, and the templar immediately stiffened, apologised for the interruption, and reported on the situation at Vetur's request. The Wardens of Weisshaput were powerful figures; the First Warden often considered the true ruler of the Northern country, over the King of the Anderfels himself.

After listening to the Templars, he took the opportunity to ask if they'd seen anyone bearing an emblem or token or medallion that looked like the one he'd been given. They hadn't, but it was worth asking. He was sure they'd run into one another sooner or later, but most probably in Ferelden. Vetur couldn't help wonder what they'd be like. Probably Nevarran warriors from the Pentaghast Clan itself - they were famed for their Dragonhunters of old. He nodded to the departing Templars and stepped back into his cabin. Jader was in view, and he needed to gather his belongings.

It wasn't long after that The Revenant docked. The port was alive with colours, music and the sound of revelry. It was a little jarring for the Warden. Dressed in the full Warden Commander coloured plate and his furs, with his sword and axe affixed to his shoulders, he descended into the city. He needed a few supplies, and would perhaps check in on a few leads the Templars had mentioned before continuing on...

FazzEagle

"What in the Maker's name...!?"

Suddenly finding themselves in an ambush, Goraidh found himself backing towards the wall behind him. Quickly grabbing the hilt of his sword and the handle of his shield, the swordsman prepared to brace himself for an attack. Through the corner of his eyes, he watched as the elf took the girl away, hoping that this wasn't part of some elaborated scheme, but the sneak attack from Cirnelle quickly grabbed his attention back into the fight.

With the bandits momentarily surprised by the outside attack, Goraidh charged forward, slamming his shield against his nearest foe.

"Raah...!"

Crowe

Eira

Eira realized she couldn't use her smoke bombs because the enemy was all over the place. If she put up a smoke screen, it would blind them as well. They had to come out on top with their skills alone. She began by cutting down two of the bandits to keep them from going after Taven and his men.

"Sir Goraidh!" Claira shouted as she was taken away. She was scared for him and the others.

Even hearing her voice, Eira didn't look back at Claira. She had said her goodbyes, for now anyway. As she felt a prescence behind her, she stabbed the thug behind her. She then cut down a few more, but in the dark, it was hard to tell how many there were. Eira put her left hand up to touch her choker. She couldn't let it all end here. Not this way. She then saw a mage cut his arm and looking at Goraidh. She rolled forward, grabbing a dagger from one of the fallen men and throwing it to the mage's neck. Great, did they have blood mages too?They had to finish off the rest quickly.

MiaKage

In a flurry of motion, Cirnelle twisted and ducked, her blades spinning as she dodges and deflects attacks from several of the bandits. Finally recovering from the fall, with a flurry of steel and grace, she cut down her attackers with strikes to their legs to disable them, the neck to finish them off. The way she fought was almost as if she was dancing, her attacks and the way she deflected oncoming blows almost poetic. Her deadly form moved in to assist her comrades, throwing dagger after dagger into the exposed flesh of their enemies. "How many of them are there?!"
On/Off

FazzEagle

Goraidh was busy locking blades with two other bandits when the Blood Mage was preparing something for him. Thankfully for Ciara's intervention, Goraidh didn't get to see what would have happened and live for another day. With a push from his shield staggering his foe, he caught one of the charging two with a thrust of his blade into the chest. Pulling the blade quickly from the flesh, it wasn't long before the steel cut through the other, slashing the other bandit across the neck.

"We can't retreat at this point...!" Goraidh said, "Keep fighting...!"

Perhaps if they took down more of the bandits, an opening would finally open up to them.

Hopefully.

Seventh

Wishing to avoid the cloying scents and sights of the Orlesian port - far too bright and interesting for the Warden's simpler tastes, Vetur had been quick to gather the provisions he needed. Breads and salt-meats, but he found it surprisingly tricky to find plain bread and cured meats, as least ones that weren't also pastries or cooked with strange and unusual herbs or oils. Some had tempted him to taste a pinch, others caused his nose to wrinkle. In the end, not knowing how such things would fare over time, he stuck with what he knew: salted meats and discs of bread almost like ship's biscuits. They lasted a good long time, and were suitably filling. Still, with the provisions packed and secured, Vetur was free to leave the stalls and explore around the outer rims of Jader which were far quieter. He kept mostly to himself, occassionally nosing among the foreign goods of Orlais that caught his eye time to time.

When the afternoon sun was high, and Vetur felt the heat under his fur and plate, the Warden stopped by an inn and sampled several ales, which he found much lighter and sweeter than what they brewed or imported to Weisshaupt, some of which would - with some luck - find its way to his outpost. Whilst he drank, he drummed up some conversation about the incident on the Revenant, the dead drakes and mages - but it all led to dead ends. By nightfall, Vetur was deep into his cups, and paid for a room for the night. Stumbling upstairs, he tore open the window, dropped his belongings and fell face down onto the bed with a muffled clatter...

Shouts and the sound of tinkling steel woke the Warden. Grey eyes shot with red blinked several times to alertness. The open window was letting in the sounds from somewhere nearby, and it didn't sound friendly. He brought himself to his feet with only the slightest wobble as he reached for his longsword and axe. Years of standing watch meant investigation was in his nature. He descended the creaky stairs, stepped over the odd few drunkards that lay on the floor and slipped out the back door. Despite his armour's clinking, Vetur moved softly enough that he wasn't heard over the fight as he ventured nearer. But he heard everything. By the time the confrontation was in view, it didn't take more than a moment to decipher who Vetur ought to assist...

The heavy axe bit deep into the nearest bandit's skull, instantly silencing his mocking taunts at the small group that were defending themselves. The numbers were greatly against the trio, but they were holding their own - for the moment. Vetur didn't have time to examine them further, as a second bandit spun around at the sound of splintering bone, but had hardly raised his weapon before the silverite longsword was rammed through the feeble leather that covered his belly. Hilt deep, the Warden twisted the blade, dropping the bandit to his knees as he drew the bloodied blade.

With an echoing war cry, the Northman threw himself at the enemy's backs. Shocked at the sudden flanking attack, the bandits seemed not to know whether to press the frontal attack or defend their backs, inevitably leading to neither being done effectively. Vetur lashed out with both hands, hacking and slicing in all directions - the blood gleaming on his armour, soaking into his furs and flecking his face... 

Crowe

Eira

Eira didn't know who the giant man was, but she was greatful for his appearance. The thugs didn't know how to prepare for this new foe and were all scattered, which made them easy prey for them to pick them off easier. Eira jumped up a wall, and summersaulting off it to throw a small crystal orb to three of them on the roof. The orb shattered and the gas emitted blinded them and they subsequently fell to the ground.

Things got quieter after that. Eira looked around and only saw the ones her companions were finishing off. The big man certainly saved the day. She swung her Katana to the side, cleaning it of excess blood before sheathing it. "I don't know who you are, but thank you." She told Vetur.

FazzEagle

They were quickly getting pressured by the numbers against them. Goraidh hid partially behind his shield, sword raised in the other hand while his feet backed away. The bandits wanted to surround him, push him against the wall until he had no place to run.

That was when the enigma of a man came slicing his axe into one of them, sending the rest of the bandits in a worried frenzy. Soon the bandits found themselves surrounded, with the giant man blocking one way and the other three blocking the other. As the bandits struggled between their offense and defense, they all took advantage of it. Goraidh stabbed a back-stepping bandit from behind, pulling the blade out before unleashing a fury of sword thrusting and slashing on the bandits that the big man or the other two did not deal with. It wasn't long until Goraidh forced his blade through a man's stomach, pushing the steel deeper for good measure before letting both the bandit and his blood drop to the ground.

Goraidh felt sweat dripping down the sides of his head, his breathing heavy. He looked first at the elf Cirnelle in a rare moment of worry, before looking at Eira and the newcomer.

"You have my thanks as well, stranger..." Goraidh said before inhaling calmly. "Your timing couldn't have been more right. Did... you know about the bandits intending to ambush us here...?"

MiaKage

Cirnelle noticed the large man charting into the fray, unsure of who side he was on, kept on her defense even after she saw him attacking the bandits. She quickly finished off the last bandit confronting her with a flourish of quick strikes, aiming at the face to cause distraction then piercing through the ribs. Quickly, she rushed around pulling her daggers out of the fallen, wiping the blood off on her pants before re-sheathing them. Still unsure who the large man was, she kept her twin blades out, although trying to present herself in a non-threatening way, which was fairly easy for her as an elf. Joining her comrades, she kept an eye on Vetur, she kept quiet behind them as they spoke with him.
On/Off

Seventh

With some of the pressure eased from the defenders they immediately rallied and pressed the advantage. As the slashed and stabbed, the bandits more and more began to back away but in the confines of their surroundings they were more like a flock being herded into the slaughterhouse some made whispers for mercy and forgiveness, other fought with the desperate lunacy of a man who knows he fights or he dies. On one side, the armoured man was battering them back with his shield whilst the woman with the exotic blade was throwing strange vials which spewed some gaseous poison that Vetur was sure he wouldn't want to breathe in. All the while, an elf was dancing through her opponents, dealing quick strikes with her twin daggers.

On the other side - Vetur's side - things were just as bleak for the bandits. Both of his weapons were slick with blood, right through to the grip. His furs were plastered into a slick red, and where his armour showed, it bore flecks and splashes too. The brutality of the Northman was evident as the axe bit deep into a bandits hip, cracking the bone underneath. The scream was loud, but brief, as Vetur finshed him - his longsword slashing across the man's throat, nearly severing his head from his shoulders in a spray of crimson.

It didn't take long for the last of them to be dropped. When the cries of dying men and the ringing of steel on steel died down, Vetur breathed a heavy sigh - something between relief and satisfaction. He kicked the man at his feet until his limp body rolled over, and he knelt to dislodge the waraxe between the corpse's ribs.

When he stood, the others were stood before him and he finally got a chance to examine them. Two were women; one was the elf rogue who watched from behind her companions, blades still drawn. She wore very light gear - lighter than that of even the nimblest Warden in Weisshaupt, but having seen the way she moved, it was clearly for her benefit. The other was human, wielding the deadly looking curved blade Vetur hadn't seen before but heard about: a kat-something. Lastly was the tall man with the sword and shield. He was heavily armoured like the Northman himself, but there were no signs of a station or order - most likely a mercenary of some kind. The woman with the katana stepped forward and made a sudden movement. Vetur's grip tightened on his weapons and he clenched his teeth but relaxed when she sheathed the blade and spoke her thanks.

Vetur nodded, and gave a simple: "You're welcome." He nodded to the man too when he was thanked again, but shook his head to the question: "No, I didn't know. I merely heard the commotion and thought I'd take a look..." With a shrug of his massive shoulders to signify there wasn't anything else to it, he reached up and unfastened the soaked fur from his shoulders and used what clean sections his could to wipe the red from his face and hands. But in doing so, he fully revealed the heavy plate beneath, the griffon mark of the Grey Wardens, and the emblem he wore like a medallion; the one he'd been given by the Pentaghast clan for this mission and, unknown to Vetur, the same ones his new acquaintances bore.

Crowe

Eira

Eira's expression immediately changed to surprise as she saw the Griffon symbol. "A Warden!" These guys were quite unpredictable. One never knew what they would do. But as she thought about it further, she realized that with rumors a Blight in Ferelden, it shouldn't be such a surprise after all. Still, it was usually better to stay out of their way.

"Well, we have to get our bearings." She told Vetur before looking at her companions. "We have to follow Taven and investigate the Drake situation further. Farewell." She nodded to Vetur but as she turned to leave, she noticed the other emblem the big man wore and immediately frowned. It was the crest of the Pentaghast clan the three of them had. Was it possible? Could they have hired a Warden to join the mission? Why? This mission had possibly just gotten a lot more complicated for her.

"Who are you?" She asked him directly.

Seventh

Hands now mostly clean of blood, the Warden dropped his grubby furs to the ground. He'd most likely need to throw them, as the effort of washing them was beyond him at the moment. But they were very useful, despite the Orlesian warmth, mostly to avoid the looks - the same ones that he could see in the woman's eyes now: surprise and suspicion. Having never really left the Anderfels, Vetur was still getting used to the idea of Wardens being rare. Over a thousand Wardens called Weisshaupt home, but here in Orlais there were far fewer, and in Ferelden there were hardly more than a few dozen or so.

As Vetur mounted his weapons to his giant shoulders, he nodded to the group's words of goodbye. He kneeled to gather up his furs, but raised his head at the mention of 'Drakes', remembering the incident on The Revenant along with what he'd been told by the Templars. He stared up suspiciously from under his eyebrows: had he just assisted the buyers? Were they meeting here to collect? 'Investigate the Drake situation' she said. There had to be a connection. Did he need to interfere? There were three of them, and one of him. The odds were unfavourable...

Vetur stood slowly, and saw something in their expressions change. The human woman, she seemed concerned about something. Vetur hadn't reached for his weapon yet, but perhaps she could sense the tension in his body. His muscles coiled and ready to spring into action should either of them suddenly rush him when he interrogated them. But before he did so - she asked who he was.

The Northman spread his feet slowly into a wider combat stance as he introduced himself. "Vetur Maekirbjorn, Warden Commander of the South-East Outpost." Aggression filled his voice as he spoke, the words becoming a growl. Like a serpent's strike, his hands reached over his shoulders and drew the two weapons. His left hand held the axe defensively, whilst his right pointed the longsword at the trio before him. His blade was steady, his voice without waver, but in truth the heart in his chest was thundering. His stamina had barely begun to recover; another fight so soon would be... difficult.

"Your turn, and speak quickly: Who are you? How are you involved with the Drakes from The Revenant?!"     

Crowe

Eira

"Warden Commander?!" That was even more surprising. Not just a Warden, but a Warden Commander. This could be bad. Eira had her mission to complete, but there were other things she wanted to get done during this trip. The Wardens were not easily fooled, and she worried that he might find out what she was hiding. If he is indeed the fourth teammate, it could get complicated.

When he quickly took out his weapons, she immediately reached back and gripped her sword's handle but didn't take it out. "Wait!" She said in a strong voice. "I am Eira." She said evenly, not giving a last name because she had cast away her past before becoming a Dragon Hunter. "We are the people you are supposed to meet." As she paused, she slowly and carefully took out the Pentaghast emblem and showed it to him.

She was still looking into his eyes, waiting for the slightest reason to take out her blade. Not that she wanted it, but she was not willing to lose any more time than necessary.

Seventh

At the revelation of his title, the woman with the katana seemed to recoil in surprise. Something in her eyes suggested she wasn't exactly pleased to hear of it. He watched her eyes carefully, looking deep for that steely, hard look that came to ones eyes when they decided to attack. But she was still, and for that he was glad. Vetur was asking questions, potentially awkward ones - ones that could lead to more violence. If they were criminals as he suspected, they may have no hesitation about attacking him without warning. The sword-and-shield user he could possibly handle - he'd had much experience cleaving through the wood and iron of Darkspawn weaponry. But rogues... they slinked into shadows when his attention was fixed elsewhere and drove their knives and daggers deep into backs and legs. A scar across his thigh was a reminder of how important it was to keep Genlock assassins - and indeed any rogues - in mind.

When his own weapons were drawn, he saw her hand move to grasp the gently curved sword. His stance spread his weight wider and lower, his longsword whirled through the air as he spun it into an offensive grip. His eyes flicked to each of them rapidly, not wanting to miss the first sign of assault. For a moment, he considered making the first attack, but the woman's shout held him back. She introduced herself as Eira, and the group as the people he was supposed to meet. For a moment, Vetur was confused. Meet? Who does she think I am? She moved slowly, and her hand drew out a small token. Vetur's steel grey eyes narrowed as he stared at the trinket, until he recognised it as the same Pentaghast emblem he wore around his neck.

Nodding to the woman - Eira, he slowly relaxed his stance. With a flourish, he returned both weapons to the clasps on his shoulders that held the weapon sheathes. "So... you're the dragon hunters? All of you?" He asked, the suspicion not completely eradicated from his tone. "I was expecting... men like you, if I'm honest." He nodded to the tall warrior that bore the shield. Appearances can be deceptive, I suppose... He stepped closer to the group, as he considered the possibilities in light of this revelation. They were to meet in Cumberland, on the boat, which meant they were on board? Suddenly he had a possible answer to his question: "So then... the drakes on The Revenant...? Was that your doing?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira nodded, relaxing the hand that gripped her sword. "Yes, it was." Then she put the emblem back inside her cloak before motioning towards the path Taven and his men took Claira. "His employer was smuggling both the Drakes and the girl to Ferelden. We want to follow to find out why." With that, she turned around towards the Inn.

"And we have little time to waste. If you're coming, lets get a move on." Eira then started to walk back to the Inn to retrieve her bag from the room so they could be on their way. Taven surely must want to go meet Claira's father quickly and tell him the news, and they had to get there when they meet or they could lose the trail for good.