News:

Main Menu

The Fate of a D&D Game

Started by setojurai, May 10, 2009, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setojurai

Okay... so I've had a D&D game in the works for close to a month now... with no results from people who've shown interest in the games.  People who I've constantly had to bug for character sheets that just aren't appearing.  Considering how long I've waited... Should I continue waiting?  Should I just pack this up as my second failed attempt to create some fun for people?  Or is there simply a lack of knowledge about the game as the failing for the lack of players turning in sheets?

What are your opinions on this?

Edit:  Here's the link for the information on the D&D game if you haven't already somehow found it https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=35743.0

Paradox

There's not an option for this, but I say screw everyone who hasn't taken the initiative already--- keep the central game idea and just find new players for it. Don't put it down as a failed attempt; just try for new people!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

setojurai

Well, there's a small problem with that, Paradox.  I've gotten ZERO sheets so far.  I technicly have no players at all at the moment.

Paradox

Then hopefully this thread will raise awareness of your predicament and draw in some fresh blood rouse up some interest in the game.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

setojurai

Hopefully.  Though my ...less than subtle occasional advertising hasn't helped much either.

setojurai

I wonder how things will turn out...

setojurai

...so far it's a 4 way tie...

setojurai

The Fate has been decided.  If I recieve no sheets within one week, the game will be canceled.

Paradox

Tsenta

I'm doing what I can to help, working on finishing a character sheet I started for ya last night. I'm more than interested in joining, this is the type of game I've been practically looking for since I joined E. A good system game that isn't overly roleplay heavy but an actual GAME instead!
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

RubySlippers

Honestly it looks awesome except no hard character generation rules for level and how to do stats, like Level 5 rolling 4d6 dropping the lowest die assign where you like.

For me the lack of direction in this is a turn-off.

Tsenta

Well he doesn't mind rolling or point buy, I talked with him on the chat. I just think some things need to be added, it has all the base things except what he expects as character making.  I'll try and get ahold of him when I'm able to discuss characters and how he prefer they be made.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

RubySlippers

Well I don't mind DnD 3.5 and his world seems fun if I see how characters are made, the Dark Elves are just neat.

Tsenta

I actually like what he's done with the elves, given more of a variety than core 3.5 elves.  And everyone knows Drow are overplayed to the point it's sickening. :P

RubySlippers

Now Drow- Dark Elves.  :P

Tsenta

Yup but much different than Drow themselves! I think I'll probably just stick with a human, I'm not looking for too much roleplay on this more just gaming.

setojurai

Well, truth be told I enjoy a nice balance in my games.  Too much "Talky" can make things boring for me too, but too much "action" puts me off as tedious due to the massive amount of work I have to do to get very little plot done.  So yes, there will be puzzles, and action, and a few "talky" parts, but most of the "Rp" will be between characters while you adventure, not with random NPC's that serve no actual purpose in the game.

Tsenta

Perfection, I must say! Ruby had some questions about character creation though

setojurai

Tsenta

She was curious about character building, mostly if you prefer the rolling tactic of point buys.

setojurai

Both are welcome, whichever you feel comfortable with.

Xillen

Quote from: Tsenta on May 15, 2009, 07:12:50 PMWell he doesn't mind rolling or point buy,

Yes, but if others are free to spend points as they choose, the purpose of point-buy is totally gone. I do agree with Ruby there.

HairyHeretic

If you want to make things fair, everyone needs to be using the same character creation method.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

RubySlippers

I have an idea in our local gaming store people don't like rolling but will if there is a default set of stats they can use. I might suggest this roll 4d6 dropping the lowest die (no re-rolling 1's) or if you don't like the rolls you can use these stats:

16, 14, 12, 11, 11, 8

That is a +5 in modifiers or what you roll if you prefer those stats.