News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anthro Wars interest check:)

Started by WhiteTigerForever, November 16, 2010, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

What tribe would I be a part of?...and...would anyone like to be the mate of my otter? Male or Female..she's not picky..xD

elfguy

My Sinvala would rather be forcefully subdued, taken, abused and made someone's mate honestly :P It doesn't matter who, as long as it's a strong male or female, as anything less and you may regret taking her on :P
----

TwilightGemini

QuoteTwilightGemini: as a land based Dragon?

So wings would be out of the question? If it is, I have no problem at all. Got plenty of pics I can use!
Apologies & Absences (Updated 8/7/15 - Outdated.)

Ons and Offs

I usually work six days a week, at least two of them being long shifts lasting at least ten hours. I always have a long shift on Thursdays and usually Fridays.

Dark Deception

Weird to have winged foxes but no winged dragons o_o. The foxes also seem like dragons since they breathe fire too.

But I finished my long five page explanation on the Dog Tribe. If there's anywhere I can post it up, let me know. It still needs the graphic for the hierarchy (that I might skip and put in writing instead), and my character's profile and explanation since I will be playing the Alpha male known as the Alpha Lord in the dog tribe.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

WhiteTigerForever

ok the otters can have their own clan, meaning you make up your own tribe, play all your characters and decide who is and isn't your friend.

Dragons can have wings or not it doesn't matter..

Elf guy, the feline tribe is very democratic... if you want to be subdued, you might need to abandon us for a more war like male dominated tribe.  Felines in general are relatively independent except for lions and even then, the male is just a figure head and a sperm doner.. the females do all the hunting.  Its up to you sweety..

and if we are lucky, we might have another dragon joining us and some wolves and some other members, depending on how organized we get and start playingXD
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

elfguy

Well I'm fine if another tribe wants to capture a prisoner of war too. Otherwise she'll remain pretty independent. She would not be the type to accept a mate easily.
----

WhiteTigerForever

good.. awesome spirit she has..  >:)  gotta love her!!!

TwilightGemini

Anyone else interested in being part of a reptilian tribe? I'd like to know what my dragon character would be before I fill out my forms. Could she be the leader of the tribe of dragons or reptilians, in general, especially for the latter if pretty much nobody else joins?
Apologies & Absences (Updated 8/7/15 - Outdated.)

Ons and Offs

I usually work six days a week, at least two of them being long shifts lasting at least ten hours. I always have a long shift on Thursdays and usually Fridays.

Wolfy

So...what Tribe should my Otter be in? Feline?

WhiteTigerForever

Well, you are a small mammal, if you were to pick a predator tribe to join with, I suggest with those that are of the domestic cat sized tribe!

Dark Deception

I thought the reptiles and the amphibians were the enemies in this game. So unless you want to be the enemy of all the tribes in this entire game?

I'm going to be posting up the dog tribe explanation and I'll be editing a little as I go. Just no one copy me please, I've had things like that happen before and it doesn't make me happy. Even though some of you might not think of doing such a thing, there is always one or two people who do it.

***Copy as in copy exactly what I wrote and then try to rephrase it to make it your own when clearly what I just wrote is still seen in your work.***

Dark Deception

The Canaan

The word Canaan is derived from its original significance as a Biblical city to be a play on the word Canine. The Canaan tribe is more like a tribe of nomadic ninjas/thieves. They travel like the wind, passing through cities stealing whatever they can find as quickly as possible with few casualties and by way of the ninja, without being seen or clearly identified. They are prone to guerrilla warfare if confronted by war and because dogs are rather plenty, the agents of the Canaan span far and wide that it can be stereotyped that most dog anthros may be affiliated. They don't exactly have an imperialistic goal. Instead, they only choose to survive in an anarchical society absent of taxes, unemployment, and hardship. Everyone gets fed in the tribe and everyone gets what they need. So the Canaan have not a set residence.

They are swift and deadly like the ninja with techniques set for execution, traps, outwitting the opponent, poison, suicidal warfare, dirty play, etc. The Canaan though ruthless do bear a sense of honor, what that is however is not known for not many know of the Canaan and live to talk about them. In fact, they are also known to be only mere legend because of their elusive lifestyle.

History

This will depend on the history of the RP. How did anthropomorphs come to be or were they always here? Did man exist once? Did the animals over several years evolve? Who is the god of this RP that created this anthro world and its races?

Government and Politics

The Canaan preside over an anarchical government as paradoxical as that sounds. Anarchy for the Canaan is freedom, and as they occupy the lands of several tribes during their period of migration, it is not the law of that country that governs them, but the law of the Canaan that govern the Canaan.

The order that governs the Canaan is an ancient order that is very mafia in its function. All pups are raised with the duty to protect the tribe, and when they come of age, where they are no longer pup but dog, they must join a raiding party that will sweep into the cities, and they must steal something of value and escape with it alive and unseen to prove themselves. Most Canaan pups are successful in their Rite of Passage for the nationalistic love they have for their nation.

The Status of Canaan Males and Females

Male Canaanites have the duty of bearing the strength, dominance, and the discipline over their families. They are allowed free roam of the tribes’ females for no female is married. The males instead do battle for the rights of sleeping with a female that is if ever the male meets challenge by another male. There are no laws that stunt the tribe’s right to reproduce and multiply.

Female Canaanites bear the duty of caring for their pups, but this does not mean they cannot be warriors. Female Canaanites can at times be just as strong as Male Canaanites and when they are not with litter, they are required to serve The Canaan as any male would. However, Female Canaanites are prohibited from taking missions that require them to venture outside the clan. Their duties are more of a guardsman rather than a soldier, protecting the tribe from close-quarter attack, ambush, or breach. Female Canaanites have little right when it comes to whom they can sleep with. If the strongest male wins in the battle, then she is required to mate with that male in order to have strong pups. If so, however, a female is challenged for the seed of that male, then she must do battle with her challenger for rights to mate. This ensures that only champion pups are born into the tribe.

Pups

Pups when born are checked for deformities, growths, diseases, or any abnormalities. Those pups that are unfortunate are immediately slaughtered and their corpses burned so as not to risk epidemic or hereditary ailments to be passed down. Long ago, it was overlooked that Female Canaanites were allowed to eat their pups. In the case that their pups were born with physical weakness or such ailments, the female would cannibalize so as to spare her pups from being slaughtered. A law on cannibalism was then passed down prohibiting the devouring of pups for the ailments of the pups may pass into the devourer and affect the tribe. A male must be present when a female gives birth to her pups and must immediately inspect each pup; over longer periods, the male is also to keep an eye on the pups’ growth for if ailments appear later in their maturity, it is the male’s responsibility to execute his pup.

Because of the strict breeding laws in the Canaan tribe, several of the dogs are of mixed breed, either standing larger than others or smaller than others. Their traits are sparse, but each member upon specializing in a certain talents are placed into special positions within the tribe.

Alpha Lord & Lady

The role of the Alpha is a predestined role, where when the last alpha finally dies, the tribe holds tournaments that all members that have acquired the title of Dog must participate in. The winners of the tournament—one male and one female—are then required to mate and give birth to the tribes belief, The Alpha Litter. The safety of the Alpha Litter is held above all other litters for within that litter exists the leader of the Canaan tribe. When the Alpha pups have acquired their Rite of Passage to dogs, they immediately undergo harsh training to weed out the weak from the strong, and then the male and female pups must do battle with the male and females of the tribe. If an Alpha male or female is unable to reign as champion of the tournament, then the process must be repeated until an Alpha Male and Female preside as champions. Once the champions are acquired, then the remaining members of the Alpha Litter become The Elite. The champions acquire the title of Alpha Lord and Lady.

The Alpha Lord and Lady are the supreme heads of the Canaan tribe. As wonderful as it may sound, it is difficult being the figurehead of power over the tribe. For an alpha can only mate with an alpha, and so if an alpha lord has not been chosen nor has an alpha lady, then the alpha lord or lady must wait to pass on his or her genes. More than likely, the successor would be one of The Elite.

Currently, there exists an Alpha Lord, but an Alpha Lady has yet to take the chair.

The Elite

The Elite are members of the Alpha Litter that are second in command to the Alpha Lord and Lady. The Elite often are sent off to govern other sections of the tribe and to reign over that section as Top Dog. There are no specific mating laws for the Elite. Like average males and females of the tribe, they are allowed to mate with whomever, but if a Lord or Lady is missing, then either the Male or Female Elites are required to remain in tourney until one has been chosen. There can be numerous Elites; depending on how many times an Alpha Litter had to be born. In the case of there being several Elites, which is a regular case, the Elite become a special task force for the Canaan, leading assassinations or raids into dangerous territory.

Hierarchy

The Ministers play the role of the advisors for the Alpha Lord and Lady, assisting in keeping the monarchs up to date on pack conditions. There are five ministers per pack that cycle intelligence to and fro: Public Relations, Census, Foreign Relations, Army, and Tactic. The hierarchy is the same for each pack. It's not much but the Canaan don't require too much being dogs, and once trained a certain way, they loyally follow that way to the end.

Foreign Tribal Relations

Amongst most tribes, the Canaan are known to be harassers as they constantly penetrate the permanent residences of other nations, sweeping through restaurants and markets, taking and leaving nothing in return. With the Fox, Bear, and Feline Tribes, they are known amongst the black bears, red foxes, and domesticated cats as a nuisance often chasing them for fun or scaring them into the trees. Although the Canaan are separate from most dog tribes that aren’t as genetically reinforced as them, there is a thread of affiliation between them. The Canaan are a legend amongst most dog tribes that have never laid eyes on a member and so most issues that include lawbreaking are placed on the possible existence of the Canaan.

The Canaan, however, bear respect to the Wolf Tribe and do not touch their lands for hereditary reasons. It was the grey wolf from which the dogs evolved, and so their hierarchical structure bears similarities to that of the wolf tribe, but because of the mixed breeds that comprise the Canaaanites, they run things differently.

Communities and Regions

The Canaan live in hiding in several regions. The main headquarters often migrates about the expanse of the grassland though can also shift to another region if that region is secure. Elites tend to run the packs in other regions such as the snowy valleys about the mountains, the forests, and coasts. Dog tribes can be found almost anywhere except the swamplands of the amphibian and reptile tribes.

Military

The Canaan tend to utilize guerilla warfare when confronted with conflict. They fancy using strategically placed traps to surprise or cripple the enemy, and ambush. Being a nomadic tribe with no set residence makes them quite a pest to obliterate, and they tend to know the land like the back of their paws. The Canaan military is often pre-emptive in the form of assassinations, and if pressured will result to suicide barrages.

Each soldier is trained in classified forms of combat and utilizing speed and deadly accuracy are capable of taking down several foes before succumbing to death. The Canaan military are creative when it comes to dealing with the enemy, and also ruthless. They won’t hesitate to torture any prisoners they take in order to milk the information from them.

xPoison – Senban/Vials
xExplosives – Gunpowder
xBows/Crossbows
xBlades
xTraps
xNinja Magic

Economy

Stealing and barter

Culture

Despite their warrior government and mafia-like economy, the Canaan take pride in being dogs and not just any dog, but Canaanites. They believe that their government is a strict and hardworking one perfect for such a strong race and to ensure that their clans’ existence continues on for several generations. The tournaments are cultural as well as beneficial, and a place for the dogs to let loose for awhile. They tend to enjoy dances celebrations comprised of bones and percussion instruments. They also take joy in reenacting past victories. There are eating contests, tests of scent and hearing, fetch, walks, and digging contests. The Canaan tend to enjoy bones and meat, creating plates, utensils, and pots out of bowls or making other uses such as jewelry or miscellaneous. The festivals are often once a week and set up for soldiers to wind down and loosen up.

Religion

Being the cousins of the wolf tribe, they share a similar religion since dogs evolved from the grey wolf.

Education

Pups are raised to be soldiers as well as blacksmiths, apothecaries, bone artisans, spies, etc. Whatever is necessary for the tribe’s survival. The pups are forced into job positions based on their performance in that job and will continue to study and remain with that job for the duration of their lives.

Science and Technology

The Canaan specialize in several sciences that go along with the body, toxicology, botany, etc. They fancy light, plated armors so as to not hinder their movement.

Canaan Visuals

These pictures are property of their respectful owners. I do not own any of these pictures, instead, they are used as a visual example for a fantasy tribe.

Click the paw prints for examples, although it was difficult to find tribal-looking dogs since dog pictures are rare, I did find some casual representations. I tried drawing anthros, but I draw human beings more than anthropomorphs so it was too rusty to even attempt. I won't have a visual example for my character, but I will have a written description.

WhiteTigerForever

Amazing job Dark Deception!!!  I have already listed out our tribal system, I will compile them soon.  If you are talking about dragons as the reptiles you are referring to.. the war is based more on the climate and ecosystem change and the land based dragons, which are possibly warm blooded, want the same as us.  But, so far we have no opposing forces to unite the land dwellers so we will temporarily have to settle for intertribal land squables XD... 

I will put up all the organized players tribe posts soon. :D

and as for the history, I really don't want to see a remake of the planet of the apes theme XD... so lets be more creative in our history.. even if humans never existed at all to begin withXD

Chromatose

I have a question...what do our tribes use for food? Are there non-anthro animals, or are we all vegetarians?

KnowThySire

Quote from: Chromatose on November 24, 2010, 10:24:30 PM
I have a question...what do our tribes use for food? Are there non-anthro animals, or are we all vegetarians?
This is actually a very good question, and I'm curious about this as well. I don't think that carnivorous anthros should turn into vegetarians, though. Maybe we should have some animals that aren't as developed as the anthros roam the land, and can be hunted by the predator anthros, yet at the same time, protected by the anthros as the same species of the wild animals. Like if I have my character attack a horse that's under the protection of Isengrad, he could decide whether or not to come after me in an attempt to retaliate. Just an idea though.
There can only be one king.

Ironwolf85

I'm Thinking of doing a better writeup for the leonin and the Thraxian mercenaries that accompany them
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

KnowThySire

Lol It think we kind of took over this rp. Tiger started off with an idea so simple, and we just piled on all of our ideas, one after the other. I guess that's what happens when we stop talking in OOC and start plotting.
There can only be one king.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.