Nightwood Falls (2.0) - Horror Sandbox Game (Recruiting)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 03, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on September 11, 2015, 11:46:17 AM
*plants her flag of interest*

So. I shall be joining with a Main Character and a Monster I think. I might even throw in a knowing if Rel will have em all.

I want them all! :) :) :)! I love the idea that more people are playing Knowing characters as well!

* Rel Mayer jumps up and down, excited for Carnage joining!

Rel Mayer

I'm about to start writing for the IC, so any last minute people that want to hop in and get connected to some of the characters are welcome to before the game starts. :)

aorangi3

*raises hand* I have a question.

Do the knowing know all of the monsters?

Side note: I am rather glad their are more than a few MCs
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 15, 2015, 01:16:50 PM
*raises hand* I have a question.

Do the knowing know all of the monsters?

Side note: I am rather glad their are more than a few MCs

The knowing know of 'monsters' but they may not know of every single type of monster. Meaning that some monsters may still want to nom their faces, if they're not trained correctly.

Knowing can have control over monsters, in knowing what their wants and desires/how they operate, but the are not immune.

Does that make sense?

Jeufufns

I don‘t have a gore kink, Ijust like very bloody dramatic deaths.

just clarifying so that noone's surprised if  I go through three characters a week. XD

Justb wanted to ask before I make any characters, are futas allowed? ^^

aorangi3

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 15, 2015, 01:22:15 PM
The knowing know of 'monsters' but they may not know of every single type of monster. Meaning that some monsters may still want to nom their faces, if they're not trained correctly.

Knowing can have control over monsters, in knowing what their wants and desires/how they operate, but the are not immune.

Does that make sense?

Yes, I understand. Just wanted to make sure that Knowing are also available to be nommed.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 01:27:51 PM
I don‘t have a gore kink, Ijust like very bloody dramatic deaths.

just clarifying so that noone's surprised if  I go through three characters a week. XD

Justb wanted to ask before I make any characters, are futas allowed? ^^

I don't mind whatever sexuality or gender you play your character as, all I ask is that you use real life images. :)

Jeufufns

@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

real life images......

aw crap time to search google, so much for 3 characters a week I'm happy if I can manage two XD

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 01:45:33 PM
@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

real life images......

aw crap time to search google, so much for 3 characters a week I'm happy if I can manage two XD

Androgynous looking characters possibly may be something that may help in your search? Although, it just depends on the look that you're wanting to give them. :)

I'm assuming that you're wanting to make a bunch of victims?

Jeufufns

Not anymore @-@ I don't have any real life picture in any collection of sorts, I don't know any real life people to look up @-@

Well I know one but that's not enough X D

I might just leave it now X D

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 02:01:28 PM
Not anymore @-@ I don't have any real life picture in any collection of sorts, I don't know any real life people to look up @-@

Well I know one but that's not enough X D

I might just leave it now X D

You could just start with one character, see if you enjoy the setting. And go from there? :)

Rel Mayer

IC IS POSTED!

Heya, I posted the IC. For now, if you just want to set your characters up you can. I sort of put a little event or at least what is going on for everyone. :) I'm going to leave the dates September 1st - September 7th open right now.

Here's the links:

The Town

The Hotel

If you would like anything else, let me know and I'll make it! :)

Jeufufns

After a day of searching the web I collected some passable pics. (How do people even find this stuff? X-D)

"Two victims and a main for me please"
"Would you like some fires with that?"
"If I would like some fries with that?"
"No, fires"

Name: Seva

Character Type: Main Character

Occupation: roommate/between jobs. She and the others came from out of town, a simple visit to look around the area bit. They liked to scout the area sometimes and this time this town was it.

Physical Description: Me likey picture................uuuhhhh....feminine hands and feet................derp, oh yeah and light blue eyes.

Personality: Seva is intelligent but tends to comment on things a lot. Diplomatic, never rushing into things and preferring to stay together. She's friendly but has trouble judging other people's opinions of her. She's polite but doesn't waste unnecessary time. She tends to keep a mixture of acting safe and quick, acting as a medium between the reckless Viana and the careful Ross. She speaks British English with a minimal accent. Outside of serious business she tends to joke around, with a preference of teasing Ross. She and her gang don't really wear conservative clothing, with her being in often revealing clothes, forging a triangle between the conservative black of Viana and the often loose-topped black of Ross.

History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• intelligent
  • agile/flexible
  • sociable

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• physically weak
  • social creature(weak alone)
  • territorial (hates having to move from one place to another, can't cope in unknown regions)

Link your O&O: Link your O&Os (I don't have a big OOthread.......probably should make one)

Specify Ons: futanari (huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue), flirting, kissing, hyper-endowed, voluptuous,

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific -  rape, blackmail basically any kind of forced action(including prostitution), bathroom crap

Sexuality: female, bisexual

Content Level: Normal

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): no

Face Claim?: Slawa

Surprise GM Events?: Yes

Connections?: This is going to be my romance character since I love romance and since my other two character are going to die horribly :3 Gonna try to get her into a relationship cause adowable and make her a Sam-type badass (a cookie for anyone who gets the barely weeks-old reference).

((I feel bad cause this is so short................))

Jeufufns

Name: Viana Sara

Character Type: Victim

Brief History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Who can play?: go wild

Sexuality: female, heterosexual

Surprise GM Events?: yes

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Sexual ONs: none special

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):]Yes,  Hell

Specify Hard OFFs: none

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ross Verkel

Brief History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Sexuality: male, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes, Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for gore or torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 16, 2015, 01:42:34 PM
After a day of searching the web I collected some passable pics. (How do people even find this stuff? X-D)

"Two victims and a main for me please"
"Would you like some fires with that?"
"If I would like some fries with that?"
"No, fires"

Are futanari allowed?

Name: Seva

Occupation: roommate/between jobs. She and the others came from out of town, a simple visit to look around the area bit. They liked to scout the area sometimes and this time this town was it.

Physical Description: Me likey picture................uuuhhhh....feminine hands and feet................derp, oh yeah and light blue eyes.

Personality: Seva is intelligent but tends to comment on things a lot. Diplomatic, never rushing into things and preferring to stay together. She's friendly but has trouble judging other people's opinions of her. She's polite but doesn't waste unnecessary time. She tends to keep a mixture of acting safe and quick, acting as a medium between the reckless Viana and the careful Ross. She speaks British English with a minimal accent. Outside of serious business she tends to joke around, with a preference of teasing Ross. She and her gang don't really wear conservative clothing, with her being in often revealing clothes, forging a triangle between the conservative black of Viana and the often loose-topped black of Ross.

History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• intelligent
  • agile/flexible
  • sociable

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• physically weak
  • social creature(weak alone)
  • territorial (hates having to move from one place to another, can't cope in unknown regions)

Link your O&O: Link your O&Os (I don't have a big OOthread.......probably should make one)

Specify Ons: futanari (huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue), flirting, kissing, hyper-endowed, voluptuous,

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific -  rape, blackmail basically any kind of forced action(including prostitution), bathroom crap

Sexuality: female, bisexual

Content Level: Normal

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): no

Face Claim?: A what now?

Connections?: This is going to be my romance character since I love romance and since my other two character are going to die horribly :3 Gonna try to get her into a relationship cause adowable and make her a Sam-type badass (a cookie for anyone who gets the barely weeks-old reference).

((I feel bad cause this is so short................))

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 16, 2015, 01:57:27 PM
Name: Viana Sara

Sexuality: female, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):]Yes,  Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ross Verkel

Sexuality: male, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes, Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for gore or torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

I like how you made a little gang of people! :) You're good and should be approved to post them in the Approved Character Sheet thread linked on the first post of the Recruitment and OOC. :) Feel free to pop in the OOC too!

Rish

I'm interested in playing a monster for this game. One that specializes with mental horror instead of the general 'hunting and preying' kind. The kind of monster that feasts on your sanity, fears, and screams instead of your flesh. But perhaps is a lust craven creature as well for those that have fallen into insanity. Who knows!

Would that be alright for the setting, and if so, shall I go and make my character?

Rish

Watching...:

Character Type: Monster

Occupation: The darkness, the shadows, the place where things slumber and wait..the corner of your eyes.

Physical Description: The 'Watching', as it is known, and as it has accepted by the things it watches is a creature that does not have a solid substance at most times. It is a creature of illusions, of trickery and false sights. It hides within the shadows, watching, waiting, preying on the things it sees. It is a creature of a thousand eyes, able to see, and keep seeing even if a hundred of its eyes are gorged out from existence.

But its actual appearance, its 'true' form shows itself by leaving the very shadows it lives in. Depending on the shadows its birthed from the size of the monster will be different. But the actual shape of it never changes. The watcher does not have any legs, instead it has eight limbs that are triple jointed, able to twist, bend, and move in ways no limb should be able to move without snapping. Each limb holding three large and muscular digits with sharp talons hooked onto the end. The head of the creature is small, almost 'human' despite the large, bulking, misshapen and shifting build of its body. It holds a tiny mouth, with tusks bulging out and forcing the mouth to stay out. Where thin but extremely long tendrils fleck and squirm around.

The spine of the monster holds four more tendrils, much thicker, much more bulky and littered in tiny teeth. Rotted and black. Coiled together to seem like one long limb and hiding the teeth from view.

And finally, the belly of the beast. A first it appears bloated, round and squishing up against the ground as the form of it moves along. But in truth that hides the very nature of its true maw. For that large girth is actually a closed mouth, opened to expose as many teeth as it has eyes. Cracked, sharp, and spinning around like a saw.   

Personality: It watches...it twists, it changes everything around itself and the area its in. It wants them to see..to watch the world like it does. To see the eyes widen in fright at everything like it does. The fear, the madness, the fright and panic that glimmer from every one of its eyes. Unable to blind, unable to close and turn away. It is always watching, always waiting..waiting for its prey to snap. To break and lash out. To see the sight of them breaking themselves.

History: The watcher was born from the very essence of the victims that had passed in fear and terror in this place, their memories, their fears and their hatred for those that just WATCHED and did nothing to help them empowering this being into creation. A new monster born from the fears and hatred of humans. It doesn't know how old it is, the age of its memorizes combined, the age of the age it lurks in?

• Darkness in ones mind: As long as it lives within the darkness, as long as it sits, watching. It can effect the minds of those it sees. Making them doubt everything they see. The people they are with. Bringing their own nightmares into existence before their very eyes.
  • Empowered by darkness: The larger the darkness, the larger the shadow, the larger and more powerful the watching is. As more of its eyes can spread out and keep watching...

• Out of mind, Within the Light: Once it leaves the shadows, the dark, and takes on its 'solid' form it can no longer effect the minds of its prey. Taking a full, whole presence in the world and 'existing' instead of just something that creeps in their minds.
  • Weakened by light: Light weakens it, shrinking its height, making it lose eyes and strength.

Link your O&O: N/A, this is a horror. Wouldn't really fit.

Specify Ons: Eyes....fear...delicious females...

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Erm, its horror, so I guess I will be open to most things. Just the normal Scat/Waterworks I want to avoid. Oh, the prey can pee themselves. But it won't be anything to do with a kink, it will be out of fear. At least that is what I hope for.

Sexuality: Females, it craves females in that manner.

Content Level: Hell.

Death? (Y) Degree of Death? (Hell): He's a monster. Monsters are meant to be killed by man.

Face Claim?: Claims eyes....

Connections?: I want to effect a group of people in a single building, have them doubt, fear, and unable to see the truth of anything. Cause them to panic, to flee, to kill and maim. To drive them to the point of insanity. Basically I want to get inside other 'characters' heads and twist them as much as possible.

Roen

Bringing my boys back!

Main Character, Marcus Sinclair
Name: Marcus Sinclair

Physical Description: Pretty much what you see in the picture, only covered with tattoos around his arms (Right, Left), on the side of his neck, across his chest, his back and on the back of his calves

Personality: Marc is what you might call a salty individual - rough around the edges. He doesn't go for the delicate touch. A smile can open many doors, but so can a rocket launcher (and sometimes Marc thinks that his life would have been so much easier if he had one). He's got a character, he's brave and strong headed. He’s an ex-military, yes, ex-drug user, sure, with a criminal mind, but he does have an honour system of sorts.   

History: Doctor Johnathan Sinclair was a prodigy long before he got his degrees- especially in the fields of Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Genetic Engineering. He finished high school at the age of 15 and got his master’s degree before he hit 20, soon after that, he received his own research grant at the secluded and highly respectable institution of Nightwood Falls’s University.

This story, however, is about his younger brother: Marcus Sinclair.

Marc's life couldn't be any more different than his brother's. He wasn't just the middle child- he was the problem child (which, admittedly, do go hand in hand sometimes). As a child, he used to have a lot of nightmares, even during the day. He would call his mother into his room or run to where she was at least three times a day; he talked about scary smiling people coming out from under his bed, from inside the closets, crawling through the walls or trying to grab him through the mirrors.
His father was a military man at the time, so he wasn't there a lot. When he was there- he would mainly take both his sons into improvised military-style camping: teaching them how to survive in harsh environments, how to defend themselves with/without weapons, how to shoot. That wasn't the sort of scenarios in which one would feel comfortable to tell his father about the monsters under his bed. His mother didn't have much in the way of money to spend on therapists; Marcus was told to ignore the nightmares, and so he did- until he couldn't.

When he couldn't, he turned to booze- whatever he could put his teenager's hands on. He'd get older people to buy it for him. He’d run around with unsavoury youth that knew of ways to get/steal some. He'd get into troubles left and right, putting his mother, his sister and older brother through the ringer. While drunk, the monsters appearances became less frequent, and even then- he was hardly sober enough to be scared. He got expelled from several different schools due to frequent case of misconduct, violence and insubordination. His mother didn't know what to do with him. His father, on the other way- knew exactly what had to be done.
When Marcus was 17, he was taken out of high school in favour of military boarding school. For a while- things seemed to be working out; The military disciplinary system forced him to clean his act. During the days he was constantly challenged by training and studies, and come nights- he was so tired that he couldn't spare time for monsters even if he wanted to. Marc was an accomplishing cadet: he finished the top of several of his classes, excelled at most of the trials and tests - which obviously made his father proud - and his relationship with the rest of his family improved. For a while, things seemed to be sorting themselves out on the best of terms. That is, until he was sent out to the field.

Out there, there weren't any classes. When he was shipped oversea, the trips introduced him to new and exotic looking 'monsters', creatures far more disturbing than those he was used to, but not only them. Surrounded by death on a daily basis, Marcus found himself repeatedly haunted by his fallen comrades, enemy agents and those that got caught in the crossfire. Especially those innocent victims. They were there constantly, standing by his bed, cold and dripping of blood, glaring accusingly at him. For the second time of his life, the problem child stopped sleeping.
Those foreign and distant lands didn't offer much in the way of alcohol, but they did do very well with drugs, especially opiates. Marc's first encounter with drugs left him dumbfounded. The monsters didn't just stop appearing, they disappeared completely! Even the constant feeling that he was being watched and followed from the shadows disappeared, and he didn't even know he had that. The relief was outstanding, and out there on the field- drugs were so easy to come by, especially as many of their unit's missions focused of relieving local drug lords and terrorist cells of their stocks. Once again- Marc found balance.

He did, however, quickly became addicted to the drugs, caught by his superiors after his indiscretions got two of his teammates killed and was dishonourably discharged by the army. Marc didn't have much in the way of home and family to come back to. His father was ashamed, he wouldn’t even look him in the eyes; his mother was so worried, constantly anxious so it became more than a burden to be around her. His brother was away at the university and didn't have much time to deal with him; His younger sister was a teenager with her own set of problems.

Through all that, he cared about one thing and one thing only: the drugs. Every druggy gets that, that selfish obsession that transforms his life into one that exclusively revolves getting and using the next fix. That character flaw was only worsen by how he needed the peace of mind that they offered. It didn't take long before he left his family home, living with fellow addicts for a couple of months. He stole, he assaulted, he robbed and he lied, he even whored himself out on an occasion. He would do anything, anything at all, if it meant getting himself high.
"Anything" soon turned out to be a convenient store armed robbery. The soldier in him, who coincidentally aced his military-law class, knew enough to realize what a horrible mistake that would be. The drug fiend in him didn’t care, he was short and the drug prices have gone up. One good score, that’s all he needed, and it wasn’t going to turn bad, right? After all, he had his boys covering his back. During the heist, there was an unplanned shooting, as most robbery shootings tend to be; He wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger, but he was the one who stayed behind trying to keep the shop owner from bleeding out on the floor. He failed at that, too. Marcus was convicted in accessory to a crime and involuntary man slaughter.

Knowing he was going away, this way or the other, he refused to name his partners, and so he got hit hard in the sentencing. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison, but he was released after five years, due to three reasons: Overcrowding, good behaviour and humanitarian release- both his father and his older brother died that year. His older brother, Dr. Johnathan Sinclair, died first. He was said to have jumped from one of the Nightwood’s cliffs above the falls, but his body was never recovered. His father died two months after that, he committed suicide with his own personal gun.
The deaths were too much for his mother to handle, she fell apart. That was partially the reason the probation committee chose to release Marcus. He was needed back home, to take care of his mother and his younger sister. He did just that, the grief and having people depended on him helped him stay on the straight and narrow- no drugs, no alcohol, he dealt with his demons on his own. He dealt with them the way his parents originally instructed him: he ignored them. He ignored the butchered faces staring at him from inside the coffee cabinet; he ignored the dead hands helping him wash his back at the shower; he ignored the monsters that got into his bed at night and the ones whispering to him from under it. Marcus ignored them all, and for a time- it started to feel as if he wasn’t seeing them at all. That was, at least, until his dead brother came to him one night and kindly suggested that he would check the tool-shed where his father killed himself.

In that tool-shed he didn't find the dreaded ghost of his father. Thankful for that, the good soldier followed the dead brother’s instructions and searched. He had to look very carefully before he found his father's lost cell phone, hidden under a rusty wheelbarrow, where the police evidentially neglected to search. Charging and checking the phone didn't recover much, he discovered that his father deleted all of his text messages and other correspondences prior to his death.
However, his father wasn't much of a tech-whizz, as the old generation rarely are. When he checked his email application, he discovered an unsent mail in his drafts folder. Apparently, his father must have tried to delete a text message and pressed 'Attach to E-mail' by mistake. The attached message was from his older brother, Johnathan, it was dated a day before his said death. It said:

'Don't come looking for me.
Delete EVERYTHING!
They know.'

When he showed the cellphone to the police, they thought it was a joke. They called his probation officer, who strongly encouraged him to drop it and concentrate on his rehabilitation. Marcus had no choice, not as far as he was concerned. His father was dead, his brother probably too, he had to do it. He had to do right by his family for once in his life.

He broke his probation and fled all the way up north, to Nightwood Falls.

Quirks:

• Gun. His Father's gun, a military issued Beretta 900s with 12 rounds magazine, fully loaded and 4 other magazines to spear.
  • Cold Weapons. He's got a hunting knife and a collapsible baton, courtesy of his father's wares.
  • Military Training. Outdoors survival, hand-to-hand combat, advanced marksmanship and fighting with cold weapons (Krav Maga style).
  • Physically Fit. His military experience and years of surviving in prison have left his body fit for physically strenuous situations, he has a very high stamina, he can hold his own in lifting and pushing, and he can run pretty fast for long distances.
  • Ex-Con. You know what they say about street-smart? Well, take that and multiply it by ten and you can begin to understand the kind of insight prison experience might get you. Inside a prison environment you have hundreds of different convicted murderers, rapists, gang members, drug addicts on withdrawal, who form alliances and cliques. Favours are traded for either goods or –more commonly- blood; people are getting lynched and killed there for gang initiations, for outside related issues, for half burnt cigarette buds. The only thing standing between you and a shiv is about 20 underpaid prison guards, who can be easily bought or threatened. Paranoia is a virtue; so is learning to successfully inspect the lay of the land; to read people's body languages and learn from their looks whether or not you’re on today's menu. Knowing when to shut up and mind your own business is also a pretty important skill, but Marcus was never big on that.

Flaws:

• Hot Head. He has a hot temper. It doesn't take much to ignite it, and he doesn't cool off so easily.
  • Paranoia. He doesn't trust many people, and he always expects someone to jump on him. He will leave a well-lit open street for a dark alley, if he thought a street vendor looked at him funny.
  • Addiction. Yep, it's still there. He tries to stay clean, but it wouldn't take much to get him back to his bad habits. As for alcoholism, he still drinks. Sometimes he drinks too much.
  • Nightmares. He learned to ignore monsters when he sees them. In a town like Nightwood Falls, that's not a particularly healthy habit.
  • Ex-Con. Apart for not being the most reliable individual, to all who find out about his past, he also broke probation. Sooner or later- he will become a fugitive, criminal in the eyes of the law.

List your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• NC- With humans/monsters.
  • BDSM-
  • Gangbang- Probably goes with the NC.
  • Roughousing- One of the several upsides to a rough character.

Specify Hard Offs:
These offs are not hard per say, everything is negotiable, talk to me!

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore.
  • Knife Play- I don't mind blood, I don’t mind cuts, but unless I give you specific permission, don't cut off anything that you can't glue back on. Thanks.
  • Piercings- A lasting problem of mine, I just can't stomach the concept of metal going through living flesh and staying there. Do what you want with your characters, but keep mine unpierced.
  • Bathroom Play- This is for scat. Watersports are accepted, sometimes encouraged.
  • Cannibalism- Anything beyond blood drinking should be done swiftly, plot related.
  • Mutilation- I'm a team player, I don't mind losing an eye or a finger for the team, but stay away from the nether region and talk to me in private before that happens.

Sexuality: He used to be heterosexual, but prison helped him expand his horizons (amongst other things). He's mostly bi with a leaning towards men now. 

Content Level: Nightmare.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. This is a horror game, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a PM before my character gets killed, to see if there's something I can do to prevent it. The degree would be Hell.

Face Claim?: Marc Blucas

Surprise GM Events?: Yes.

Connections?: He will be actively trying to figure out what went wrong in NWF. His goal is to make sure the people responsible to his brother’s death pay dearly and painfully. No inter-character connections just yet. When/if he dies, it would either be a heroic death of self-sacrifice for the sake of saving another or, maybe, snuff? Iffy about that, but I’d prefer it to him being killed randomly and meaninglessly.   

Knowing Character, Dr. Sin

Name: "Sin" or "Dr. Sin", real name unknown.

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: The Knowing's appointed physician. Resides in the belly of the Knowing's headquarters.

Physical Description: Those who have seen him in line of duty, haven't lived to tell the tale. To those who have worked beside him, he seemed like a severely disturbed individual, yet human nonetheless. His head is shaved and the sickening costume/weapon depicted in the picture. The sides of his mouth have been roughly stitched to keep the tubes in, the purpose of the tubes is unclear. Those that come close enough to observe would notice several other metal tubes going in and out of his body.

Personality: Brisk, grumpy, a true man of few words. To his victims, he is cold and uncaring, rarely actually angered when he strikes. His work is a thing of precision and self-control. When he is angered, he's like a beast. Those who lived to tell of his anger were usually the ones standing outside the room, listening to the screams coming from within.   

History: So you have your average knowing: those two-faced snakes, going about their day like any everyday man or woman. They would lie to your face, kindly greet you when they see you on the street, offer your kids some candy, and you a helping hand when they see you hauling more than you can carry.

Sin is precisely the opposite.
He doesn't go outside of the Knowing headquarters, he won't greet you hello when you see him. The best you'd get out of him (the knowing ones of you) is an intimidating grunt. He won't offer a helping hand, because his metallic claws never come off, and he would never tell you a lie. He won't have to. The reason for that is, if you're not of the cult, and you've reached the point where you are sent to him, the time for lies has long past. It would be the time for pain.

Sin is the Knowing physician, and he's there to supply the cult with treatments they wouldn't be able to get at the local clinic. He separates men from their lies. His specialty is extracting the truth out of living things, helping them overcome their sanity, and – eventually - discarding of whatever is left. He is the cult's main investigator, torturer and executioner.

No one but the highest ranking members of the cult know where he came from. Most low-ranking members never had to work beside him- he is kept where no pretty faces are needed. The red band on his left forearm makes people think that he used to be a Nazi. Although he hardly seems old enough to be a World War 2 criminal, and the red band has no markings on it. When he goes out, it's usually while the sirens are blasting and the mists are at large. He walks amongst the monsters, attending errands that require a little more intent and control than the average monster can provide. For that he had been rumoured to be a little less than human (or a little more). No one that ever spoken to him would be able to claim that the man wasn't alive or intelligent; but there's an off feeling about him, something not quite right.

Quirks:

• Medical Learning. If you know how to heal, then you know how to hurt. Sin could have been a talented physician indeed.
  • Agility. He's pretty quick for a man, don't let his clumsy looking outfit fool you. That isn't to say that if and when you see him, you shouldn't run. You simply run faster.
  • Strength. He's not just all claws, he's strong as well, beware.
  • Metallic Claws. These aren't his hands, these are gloves, but he never takes them off. They are his favourite weapon. And. He. Never. Takes. Them. Off.
  • Human. That's to say that he's not your average monster. He's focused, he's clever and he’s cunning. He is highly resourceful and he doesn't rely on the mist for strength.

Flaws:

• Ugly as a Baby Wombat. Unlike most other Knowing, you can see him coming from a mile away. He can't fool you with a smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder, and he won't try to.
  • Fatigue. Unlike the monsters, he can get tired. If you outrun him long enough, he'd probably leave you alone… Temporarily.
  • Obedience. He has his orders and he follows them to the letter. If you're not on his shopping list and you don't pose a threat- he won't touch you. If you somehow get one of his superiors to call him off, even while he's cutting you- he'll leave you alone. He'd probably even try to stitch you back up, if you can stomach his bedside manners.
  • Suit and Claws. Here's the thing. His getup is pretty big and awkward, but that's not even the best part. If any of the tubes in his outfit would get undone or detached, and there's no immediate threat in his area: he will stop, he will take a seat and he will fix the loose tube. He'd probably find a way to cripple you before he does, though, so be careful.
  • Human. Again, not a monster, he can be killed a lot easier than a monster.

Link your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore.
  • Knife Play- I don't mind blood, I don’t mind cuts, but unless I give you specific permission, don't cut off anything that you can't glue back on. Thanks.
  • Piercings- A lasting problem of mine, I just can't stomach the concept of metal going through living flesh and staying there. Do what you want with your characters, but keep mine unpierced.
  • Bathroom Play- This is for scat. Watersports are accepted, sometimes encouraged.
  • Cannibalism- Anything beyond blood drinking should be done swiftly, plot related.
  • Mutilation- I'm a team player, I don't mind losing an eye or a finger for the team, but stay away from the nether region and talk to me in private before that happens.

Sexuality: Much like his attacks, he only rapes when given specific instructions to do so. When he does, the gender won't matter, he isn't picky. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? Yes, Hell. 

Face Claim?: Frankenstein's Army, unsure about the specific name of this creature.

Surprise GM Events? Yes.

Connections?: CLASSIFIED.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Monster character, Stranger

Name: Stranger

Occupation: Shape Shifter, Master of Nightmares, Creator of human monsters. He resides in the town's sewer system and in his past victims' dreams.

Physical Description: The truest description of Stranger is a puddle of goo. Other than that, he could be anyone, anything and anywhere he damn well pleases. He can be the grocer at the market, your husband coming back from taking out the garbage, your daughter after taking a long bath. He can even be the couch you are sitting so comfortably on right now. 

Personality: Childish, he's very young, as far as doppelgangers go. He's impulsive and self-centred, easily excitable, yet cruel and hot tempered, he likes getting off. A lot.
That said, there’s also another side to him, a split personality per-say, and its nature is classified.

History: Do you know how sometimes politicians say how "I am the people of this town, the people of this town are me"? Well, Stranger actually is the people of this town.
Over the years, the town has taken many lives, either by the knowing or the monsters that have lurked around. Many of the victims have been discarded into the nearest available dump site- the sewers. Tens upon hundreds of bodies accumulated there, sweating, spoiling, decomposing… And that's Stranger, or, at least, what stranger originally was- the rot. Stranger came out of the rot of hundreds of corpses of innocent people who were brutally and tragically murdered. First he grew on them, and then he started to consume them.

At first he was nothing more than a slimy fungus, unintelligent. His entire being focused on one thing- consuming the rotten flesh, decompose it like the good little bacteria he was. But something happened, perhaps it was the proximity to the lake monster's energy, maybe it was the countless terrible ways in which those people have died… Stranger evolved, he became more. More conscious, more mobile, sentient, hungrier… He ate and he ate and he ate- cleaning the bones, dissolving the bones, eating up the marrow. Day in and day out, as time progressed, the body-count only grew, and Stranger thrived.

Soon he discovered that he can not only eat the flesh and the bones, he can study them while digesting them. He could mimic them, he could grow them himself, he could become them. Stranger indulged himself in every new thing he could grow- a nose, a hand, an ear, a tongue… Eyes! Seeing the sewers around him, he discovered that he could mimic stone, he could mimic plants, and wood, and cloth… He could be the world!

Soon after, he became bored. Sure, he could be anybody and anything he wanted, but he was so lonely, so bored, so unchallenged. What good is it to eat things that don't even talk back? So he got out, and walked among the flesh things while they were still fresh. Their fragrances confused him, they didn't smell as tasty as the ones he was storing downstairs. They smelled… Unripe, under seasoned. He did, however, love to hear the funny sounds they made when he ate them.

He discovered there were different ways to eat meat. Sure, you could season it with a bit of mould and rot, but that took so long to happen! He discovered that scared meat tasted well, and pained meat tasted even better. However, insane meat was truly a delicacy.
He discovered that if he gave them just a little bit of himself and set them free, he could stay in touch with them and scare them during the nights, he could frighten them repeatedly and get them ready to eat. If he did that often enough, for a long enough period of time, he could drive them insane- and then really have a feast! He once had a man driven mad and kill his wife and two daughters. When Stranger came to visit him- the man actually joined him in eating his family's bodies. Stranger had so much fun! It was such an attraction, seeing meat eating other meat and then having the meat eating meat for dessert.
Good times.

One thing he doesn't eat or mimic is monsters. He had a monster a while back, it gave him indigestion- an experience he does not care to repeat. So he can't morph into monsters generally, he has the one mimic he can do and he saves it as a last resort only. 

Quirks:

• Shape-Shifting. That's pretty straight forward. He can change into anything he wants. Which makes luring victims into traps mighty easy.
  • Dream-Weaving. Once he gets a bit of himself into a victim, he can send night and day terrors to frighten the victim, get them ready in time for dinner. *Discloser: I am fully aware that this means a certain form of mind control, controlling another person's dreams. It's not for everyone, only for those who wish to be raped then afterwards have to struggle with the nightmares.When he rapes, he does so in semi-humanoid form, which will be agreed upon with the player.
  • Rapid Regeneration. You can't kill Stranger by stabbing or dismembering. He can grow new organs faster than you can cut them off, and he doesn't even need them in the first place… Remember, couch?
  • Superior Mobility. He lives in the sewer system. Where there is plumbing, he can go.

Flaws:

• Fluidity. He can't stay in one form for too long, he will start showing deformities after the first eight hours. And that situation can't be mended until he returns to his true form. It's like he exhausted his shape shifting ability just by keeping the current shape. That is also why he can only alter the original human he's mimicking to a certain extent, like changing the bone structure, the muscular mass and creating growth. There are so many changes he can do before he starts losing control over his shape and deteriorate back into liquid form.
  • Temperamental. And I mean this in the most literal way. In extreme temperatures, he will get damaged. For instance, in extreme cold- his regeneration slows down, as well as his movement speed. However, his shapes' durability timer is longer. In extreme heat, he grows deformities faster and risks losing control over his shape.
  • Destructive Fluids. Concentrated acid, Lava, liquid nitrogen (A LOT of it) that's the only way to destroy him, but you'd need to seal him in an entire pool of that liquid for a couple of hours. He won't die so easily.
  • Childlike Behavior. He's very impulsive, very urge-oriented, easily distracted and extremely excitable (OOH! A PENNY!).

Specify Ons:

• BDSM- Only if it's plot related.
  • Gangbang- Again, plot related, and probably NC related too.

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore. There’s an easy fix for that, I’ll just change anything you cut into liquid, be warned.

Sexuality: He likes men, they taste better (mostly because of manly body odour. Girls, don't be offended! He likes stinky things!). It may change, because fear is a huge delicacy of his, too.

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. Hell.

Face Claim?: The Flesh. Doctor Who.

Connections?: I’m looking for someone for Stranger to develop an obsession on, and also someone for Stranger to infect/turn into a psychopath killer. PM me.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Jeufufns

lol while looking for pictures I came across Mentor Rel Mayer's profile pic
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Rish

Rel Mayer

Sweet! Awesome characters, Roen and Rish. I have only glanced at them, but give me a little bit to really look them over before you're approved. (A bit under the weather currently.)

Also awesome that you found my avatar!

Rish

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 19, 2015, 02:33:26 PM
Sweet! Awesome characters, Roen and Rish. I have only glanced at them, but give me a little bit to really look them over before you're approved. (A bit under the weather currently.)

Also awesome that you found my avatar!
Thank you very much~ If you feel like I need to add or change anything when you get to it, feel free to say so!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Roen on September 19, 2015, 05:15:17 AM
Bringing my boys back!

Main Character, Marcus Sinclair
Name: Marcus Sinclair

Physical Description: Pretty much what you see in the picture, only covered with tattoos around his arms (Right, Left), on the side of his neck, across his chest, his back and on the back of his calves

Personality: Marc is what you might call a salty individual - rough around the edges. He doesn't go for the delicate touch. A smile can open many doors, but so can a rocket launcher (and sometimes Marc thinks that his life would have been so much easier if he had one). He's got a character, he's brave and strong headed. He’s an ex-military, yes, ex-drug user, sure, with a criminal mind, but he does have an honour system of sorts.   

History: Doctor Johnathan Sinclair was a prodigy long before he got his degrees- especially in the fields of Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Genetic Engineering. He finished high school at the age of 15 and got his master’s degree before he hit 20, soon after that, he received his own research grant at the secluded and highly respectable institution of Nightwood Falls’s University.

This story, however, is about his younger brother: Marcus Sinclair.

Marc's life couldn't be any more different than his brother's. He wasn't just the middle child- he was the problem child (which, admittedly, do go hand in hand sometimes). As a child, he used to have a lot of nightmares, even during the day. He would call his mother into his room or run to where she was at least three times a day; he talked about scary smiling people coming out from under his bed, from inside the closets, crawling through the walls or trying to grab him through the mirrors.
His father was a military man at the time, so he wasn't there a lot. When he was there- he would mainly take both his sons into improvised military-style camping: teaching them how to survive in harsh environments, how to defend themselves with/without weapons, how to shoot. That wasn't the sort of scenarios in which one would feel comfortable to tell his father about the monsters under his bed. His mother didn't have much in the way of money to spend on therapists; Marcus was told to ignore the nightmares, and so he did- until he couldn't.

When he couldn't, he turned to booze- whatever he could put his teenager's hands on. He'd get older people to buy it for him. He’d run around with unsavoury youth that knew of ways to get/steal some. He'd get into troubles left and right, putting his mother, his sister and older brother through the ringer. While drunk, the monsters appearances became less frequent, and even then- he was hardly sober enough to be scared. He got expelled from several different schools due to frequent case of misconduct, violence and insubordination. His mother didn't know what to do with him. His father, on the other way- knew exactly what had to be done.
When Marcus was 17, he was taken out of high school in favour of military boarding school. For a while- things seemed to be working out; The military disciplinary system forced him to clean his act. During the days he was constantly challenged by training and studies, and come nights- he was so tired that he couldn't spare time for monsters even if he wanted to. Marc was an accomplishing cadet: he finished the top of several of his classes, excelled at most of the trials and tests - which obviously made his father proud - and his relationship with the rest of his family improved. For a while, things seemed to be sorting themselves out on the best of terms. That is, until he was sent out to the field.

Out there, there weren't any classes. When he was shipped oversea, the trips introduced him to new and exotic looking 'monsters', creatures far more disturbing than those he was used to, but not only them. Surrounded by death on a daily basis, Marcus found himself repeatedly haunted by his fallen comrades, enemy agents and those that got caught in the crossfire. Especially those innocent victims. They were there constantly, standing by his bed, cold and dripping of blood, glaring accusingly at him. For the second time of his life, the problem child stopped sleeping.
Those foreign and distant lands didn't offer much in the way of alcohol, but they did do very well with drugs, especially opiates. Marc's first encounter with drugs left him dumbfounded. The monsters didn't just stop appearing, they disappeared completely! Even the constant feeling that he was being watched and followed from the shadows disappeared, and he didn't even know he had that. The relief was outstanding, and out there on the field- drugs were so easy to come by, especially as many of their unit's missions focused of relieving local drug lords and terrorist cells of their stocks. Once again- Marc found balance.

He did, however, quickly became addicted to the drugs, caught by his superiors after his indiscretions got two of his teammates killed and was dishonourably discharged by the army. Marc didn't have much in the way of home and family to come back to. His father was ashamed, he wouldn’t even look him in the eyes; his mother was so worried, constantly anxious so it became more than a burden to be around her. His brother was away at the university and didn't have much time to deal with him; His younger sister was a teenager with her own set of problems.

Through all that, he cared about one thing and one thing only: the drugs. Every druggy gets that, that selfish obsession that transforms his life into one that exclusively revolves getting and using the next fix. That character flaw was only worsen by how he needed the peace of mind that they offered. It didn't take long before he left his family home, living with fellow addicts for a couple of months. He stole, he assaulted, he robbed and he lied, he even whored himself out on an occasion. He would do anything, anything at all, if it meant getting himself high.
"Anything" soon turned out to be a convenient store armed robbery. The soldier in him, who coincidentally aced his military-law class, knew enough to realize what a horrible mistake that would be. The drug fiend in him didn’t care, he was short and the drug prices have gone up. One good score, that’s all he needed, and it wasn’t going to turn bad, right? After all, he had his boys covering his back. During the heist, there was an unplanned shooting, as most robbery shootings tend to be; He wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger, but he was the one who stayed behind trying to keep the shop owner from bleeding out on the floor. He failed at that, too. Marcus was convicted in accessory to a crime and involuntary man slaughter.

Knowing he was going away, this way or the other, he refused to name his partners, and so he got hit hard in the sentencing. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison, but he was released after five years, due to three reasons: Overcrowding, good behaviour and humanitarian release- both his father and his older brother died that year. His older brother, Dr. Johnathan Sinclair, died first. He was said to have jumped from one of the Nightwood’s cliffs above the falls, but his body was never recovered. His father died two months after that, he committed suicide with his own personal gun.
The deaths were too much for his mother to handle, she fell apart. That was partially the reason the probation committee chose to release Marcus. He was needed back home, to take care of his mother and his younger sister. He did just that, the grief and having people depended on him helped him stay on the straight and narrow- no drugs, no alcohol, he dealt with his demons on his own. He dealt with them the way his parents originally instructed him: he ignored them. He ignored the butchered faces staring at him from inside the coffee cabinet; he ignored the dead hands helping him wash his back at the shower; he ignored the monsters that got into his bed at night and the ones whispering to him from under it. Marcus ignored them all, and for a time- it started to feel as if he wasn’t seeing them at all. That was, at least, until his dead brother came to him one night and kindly suggested that he would check the tool-shed where his father killed himself.

In that tool-shed he didn't find the dreaded ghost of his father. Thankful for that, the good soldier followed the dead brother’s instructions and searched. He had to look very carefully before he found his father's lost cell phone, hidden under a rusty wheelbarrow, where the police evidentially neglected to search. Charging and checking the phone didn't recover much, he discovered that his father deleted all of his text messages and other correspondences prior to his death.
However, his father wasn't much of a tech-whizz, as the old generation rarely are. When he checked his email application, he discovered an unsent mail in his drafts folder. Apparently, his father must have tried to delete a text message and pressed 'Attach to E-mail' by mistake. The attached message was from his older brother, Johnathan, it was dated a day before his said death. It said:

'Don't come looking for me.
Delete EVERYTHING!
They know.'

When he showed the cellphone to the police, they thought it was a joke. They called his probation officer, who strongly encouraged him to drop it and concentrate on his rehabilitation. Marcus had no choice, not as far as he was concerned. His father was dead, his brother probably too, he had to do it. He had to do right by his family for once in his life.

He broke his probation and fled all the way up north, to Nightwood Falls.

Quirks:

• Gun. His Father's gun, a military issued Beretta 900s with 12 rounds magazine, fully loaded and 4 other magazines to spear.
  • Cold Weapons. He's got a hunting knife and a collapsible baton, courtesy of his father's wares.
  • Military Training. Outdoors survival, hand-to-hand combat, advanced marksmanship and fighting with cold weapons (Krav Maga style).
  • Physically Fit. His military experience and years of surviving in prison have left his body fit for physically strenuous situations, he has a very high stamina, he can hold his own in lifting and pushing, and he can run pretty fast for long distances.
  • Ex-Con. You know what they say about street-smart? Well, take that and multiply it by ten and you can begin to understand the kind of insight prison experience might get you. Inside a prison environment you have hundreds of different convicted murderers, rapists, gang members, drug addicts on withdrawal, who form alliances and cliques. Favours are traded for either goods or –more commonly- blood; people are getting lynched and killed there for gang initiations, for outside related issues, for half burnt cigarette buds. The only thing standing between you and a shiv is about 20 underpaid prison guards, who can be easily bought or threatened. Paranoia is a virtue; so is learning to successfully inspect the lay of the land; to read people's body languages and learn from their looks whether or not you’re on today's menu. Knowing when to shut up and mind your own business is also a pretty important skill, but Marcus was never big on that.

Flaws:

• Hot Head. He has a hot temper. It doesn't take much to ignite it, and he doesn't cool off so easily.
  • Paranoia. He doesn't trust many people, and he always expects someone to jump on him. He will leave a well-lit open street for a dark alley, if he thought a street vendor looked at him funny.
  • Addiction. Yep, it's still there. He tries to stay clean, but it wouldn't take much to get him back to his bad habits. As for alcoholism, he still drinks. Sometimes he drinks too much.
  • Nightmares. He learned to ignore monsters when he sees them. In a town like Nightwood Falls, that's not a particularly healthy habit.
  • Ex-Con. Apart for not being the most reliable individual, to all who find out about his past, he also broke probation. Sooner or later- he will become a fugitive, criminal in the eyes of the law.

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-
  • Gangbang- Probably goes with the NC.

Specify Hard Offs:

Sexuality: He used to be heterosexual, but prison helped him expand his horizons (amongst other things). He's mostly bi with a leaning towards men now. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. This is a horror game, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a PM before my character gets killed, to see if there's something I can do to prevent it. The degree would be Hell.

Face Claim?: Marc Blucas

Connections?: He will be actively trying to figure out what went wrong in NWF. His goal is to make sure the people responsible to his brother’s death pay dearly and painfully. No inter-character connections just yet. When/if he dies, it would either be a heroic death of self-sacrifice for the sake of saving another or, maybe, snuff? Iffy about that, but I’d prefer it to him being killed randomly and meaninglessly.   

Knowing Character, Dr. Sin

Name: "Sin" or "Dr. Sin", real name unknown.

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: The Knowing's appointed physician. Resides in the belly of the Knowing's headquarters.

Physical Description: Those who have seen him in line of duty, haven't lived to tell the tale. To those who have worked beside him, he seemed like a severely disturbed individual, yet human nonetheless. His head is shaved and the sickening costume/weapon depicted in the picture. The sides of his mouth have been roughly stitched to keep the tubes in, the purpose of the tubes is unclear. Those that come close enough to observe would notice several other metal tubes going in and out of his body.

Personality: Brisk, grumpy, a true man of few words. To his victims, he is cold and uncaring, rarely actually angered when he strikes. His work is a thing of precision and self-control. When he is angered, he's like a beast. Those who lived to tell of his anger were usually the ones standing outside the room, listening to the screams coming from within.   

History: So you have your average knowing: those two-faced snakes, going about their day like any everyday man or woman. They would lie to your face, kindly greet you when they see you on the street, offer your kids some candy, and you a helping hand when they see you hauling more than you can carry.

Sin is precisely the opposite.
He doesn't go outside of the Knowing headquarters, he won't greet you hello when you see him. The best you'd get out of him (the knowing ones of you) is an intimidating grunt. He won't offer a helping hand, because his metallic claws never come off, and he would never tell you a lie. He won't have to. The reason for that is, if you're not of the cult, and you've reached the point where you are sent to him, the time for lies has long past. It would be the time for pain.

Sin is the Knowing physician, and he's there to supply the cult with treatments they wouldn't be able to get at the local clinic. He separates men from their lies. His specialty is extracting the truth out of living things, helping them overcome their sanity, and – eventually - discarding of whatever is left. He is the cult's main investigator, torturer and executioner.

No one but the highest ranking members of the cult know where he came from. Most low-ranking members never had to work beside him- he is kept where no pretty faces are needed. The red band on his left forearm makes people think that he used to be a Nazi. Although he hardly seems old enough to be a World War 2 criminal, and the red band has no markings on it. When he goes out, it's usually while the sirens are blasting and the mists are at large. He walks amongst the monsters, attending errands that require a little more intent and control than the average monster can provide. For that he had been rumoured to be a little less than human (or a little more). No one that ever spoken to him would be able to claim that the man wasn't alive or intelligent; but there's an off feeling about him, something not quite right.

Quirks:

• Medical Learning. If you know how to heal, then you know how to hurt. Sin could have been a talented physician indeed.
  • Agility. He's pretty quick for a man, don't let his clumsy looking outfit fool you. That isn't to say that if and when you see him, you shouldn't run. You simply run faster.
  • Strength. He's not just all claws, he's strong as well, beware.
  • Metallic Claws. These aren't his hands, these are gloves, but he never takes them off. They are his favourite weapon. And. He. Never. Takes. Them. Off.
  • Human. That's to say that he's not your average monster. He's focused, he's clever and he’s cunning. He is highly resourceful and he doesn't rely on the mist for strength.

Flaws:

• Ugly as a Baby Wombat. Unlike most other Knowing, you can see him coming from a mile away. He can't fool you with a smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder, and he won't try to.
  • Fatigue. Unlike the monsters, he can get tired. If you outrun him long enough, he'd probably leave you alone… Temporarily.
  • Obedience. He has his orders and he follows them to the letter. If you're not on his shopping list and you don't pose a threat- he won't touch you. If you somehow get one of his superiors to call him off, even while he's cutting you- he'll leave you alone. He'd probably even try to stitch you back up, if you can stomach his bedside manners.
  • Suit and Claws. Here's the thing. His getup is pretty big and awkward, but that's not even the best part. If any of the tubes in his outfit would get undone or detached, and there's no immediate threat in his area: he will stop, he will take a seat and he will fix the loose tube. He'd probably find a way to cripple you before he does, though, so be careful.
  • Human. Again, not a monster, he can be killed a lot easier than a monster.

Link your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-

Specify Hard Offs:

Sexuality: Much like his attacks, he only rapes when given specific instructions to do so. When he does, the gender won't matter, he isn't picky. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? Yes, Hell. 

Face Claim?: Frankenstein's Army, unsure about the specific name of this creature.

Surprise GM Events? Yes.

Connections?: CLASSIFIED.

Hellloooooo Marcus!! Some muscle should be nice for these Main Characters. And I already like the crazy Dr. Sin.

Approved and Approved!

Quote from: Roen on September 19, 2015, 05:48:44 AM
Monster character, Stranger

Name: Stranger

Occupation: Shape Shifter, Master of Nightmares, Creator of human monsters. He resides in the town's sewer system and in his past victims' dreams.

Physical Description: The truest description of Stranger is a puddle of goo. Other than that, he could be anyone, anything and anywhere he damn well pleases. He can be the grocer at the market, your husband coming back from taking out the garbage, your daughter after taking a long bath. He can even be the couch you are sitting so comfortably on right now. 

Personality: Childish, he's very young, as far as doppelgangers go. He's impulsive and self-centred, easily excitable, yet cruel and hot tempered, he likes getting off. A lot.
That said, there’s also another side to him, a split personality per-say, and its nature is classified.

History: Do you know how sometimes politicians say how "I am the people of this town, the people of this town are me"? Well, Stranger actually is the people of this town.
Over the years, the town has taken many lives, either by the knowing or the monsters that have lurked around. Many of the victims have been discarded into the nearest available dump site- the sewers. Tens upon hundreds of bodies accumulated there, sweating, spoiling, decomposing… And that's Stranger, or, at least, what stranger originally was- the rot. Stranger came out of the rot of hundreds of corpses of innocent people who were brutally and tragically murdered. First he grew on them, and then he started to consume them.

At first he was nothing more than a slimy fungus, unintelligent. His entire being focused on one thing- consuming the rotten flesh, decompose it like the good little bacteria he was. But something happened, perhaps it was the proximity to the lake monster's energy, maybe it was the countless terrible ways in which those people have died… Stranger evolved, he became more. More conscious, more mobile, sentient, hungrier… He ate and he ate and he ate- cleaning the bones, dissolving the bones, eating up the marrow. Day in and day out, as time progressed, the body-count only grew, and Stranger thrived.

Soon he discovered that he can not only eat the flesh and the bones, he can study them while digesting them. He could mimic them, he could grow them himself, he could become them. Stranger indulged himself in every new thing he could grow- a nose, a hand, an ear, a tongue… Eyes! Seeing the sewers around him, he discovered that he could mimic stone, he could mimic plants, and wood, and cloth… He could be the world!

Soon after, he became bored. Sure, he could be anybody and anything he wanted, but he was so lonely, so bored, so unchallenged. What good is it to eat things that don't even talk back? So he got out, and walked among the flesh things while they were still fresh. Their fragrances confused him, they didn't smell as tasty as the ones he was storing downstairs. They smelled… Unripe, under seasoned. He did, however, love to hear the funny sounds they made when he ate them.

He discovered there were different ways to eat meat. Sure, you could season it with a bit of mould and rot, but that took so long to happen! He discovered that scared meat tasted well, and pained meat tasted even better. However, insane meat was truly a delicacy.
He discovered that if he gave them just a little bit of himself and set them free, he could stay in touch with them and scare them during the nights, he could frighten them repeatedly and get them ready to eat. If he did that often enough, for a long enough period of time, he could drive them insane- and then really have a feast! He once had a man driven mad and kill his wife and two daughters. When Stranger came to visit him- the man actually joined him in eating his family's bodies. Stranger had so much fun! It was such an attraction, seeing meat eating other meat and then having the meat eating meat for dessert.
Good times.

One thing he doesn't eat or mimic is monsters. He had a monster a while back, it gave him indigestion- an experience he does not care to repeat. So he can't morph into monsters generally, he has the one mimic he can do and he saves it as a last resort only. 

Quirks:

• Shape-Shifting. That's pretty straight forward. He can change into anything he wants. Which makes luring victims into traps mighty easy.
  • Dream-Weaving. Once he gets a bit of himself into a victim, he can send night and day terrors to frighten the victim, get them ready in time for dinner. *Discloser: I am fully aware that this means a certain form of mind control, controlling another person's dreams. It's not for everyone, only for those who wish to be raped then afterwards have to struggle with the nightmares.When he rapes, he does so in semi-humanoid form, which will be agreed upon with the player.
  • Rapid Regeneration. You can't kill Stranger by stabbing or dismembering. He can grow new organs faster than you can cut them off, and he doesn't even need them in the first place… Remember, couch?
  • Superior Mobility. He lives in the sewer system. Where there is plumbing, he can go.

Flaws:

• Fluidity. He can't stay in one form for too long, he will start showing deformities after the first eight hours. And that situation can't be mended until he returns to his true form. It's like he exhausted his shape shifting ability just by keeping the current shape. That is also why he can only alter the original human he's mimicking to a certain extent, like changing the bone structure, the muscular mass and creating growth. There are so many changes he can do before he starts losing control over his shape and deteriorate back into liquid form.
  • Temperamental. And I mean this in the most literal way. In extreme temperatures, he will get damaged. For instance, in extreme cold- his regeneration slows down, as well as his movement speed. However, his shapes' durability timer is longer. In extreme heat, he grows deformities faster and risks losing control over his shape.
  • Destructive Fluids. Concentrated acid, Lava, liquid nitrogen (A LOT of it) that's the only way to destroy him, but you'd need to seal him in an entire pool of that liquid for a couple of hours. He won't die so easily.
  • Childlike Behavior. He's very impulsive, very urge-oriented, easily distracted and extremely excitable (OOH! A PENNY!).

Specify Ons:

• BDSM- Only if it's plot related.
  • Gangbang- Again, plot related, and probably NC related too.

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore. There’s an easy fix for that, I’ll just change anything you cut into liquid, be warned.

Sexuality: He likes men, they taste better (mostly because of manly body odour. Girls, don't be offended! He likes stinky things!). It may change, because fear is a huge delicacy of his, too.

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. Hell.

Face Claim?: The Flesh. Doctor Who.

Connections?: I’m looking for someone for Stranger to develop an obsession on, and also someone for Stranger to infect/turn into a psychopath killer. PM me.

And yes, this one is approved too!

Quote from: Rish on September 18, 2015, 05:09:43 PM
Watching...:

Occupation: The darkness, the shadows, the place where things slumber and wait..the corner of your eyes.

Physical Description: The 'Watching', as it is known, and as it has accepted by the things it watches is a creature that does not have a solid substance at most times. It is a creature of illusions, of trickery and false sights. It hides within the shadows, watching, waiting, preying on the things it sees. It is a creature of a thousand eyes, able to see, and keep seeing even if a hundred of its eyes are gorged out from existence.

But its actual appearance, its 'true' form shows itself by leaving the very shadows it lives in. Depending on the shadows its birthed from the size of the monster will be different. But the actual shape of it never changes. The watcher does not have any legs, instead it has eight limbs that are triple jointed, able to twist, bend, and move in ways no limb should be able to move without snapping. Each limb holding three large and muscular digits with sharp talons hooked onto the end. The head of the creature is small, almost 'human' despite the large, bulking, misshapen and shifting build of its body. It holds a tiny mouth, with tusks bulging out and forcing the mouth to stay out. Where thin but extremely long tendrils fleck and squirm around.

The spine of the monster holds four more tendrils, much thicker, much more bulky and littered in tiny teeth. Rotted and black. Coiled together to seem like one long limb and hiding the teeth from view.

And finally, the belly of the beast. A first it appears bloated, round and squishing up against the ground as the form of it moves along. But in truth that hides the very nature of its true maw. For that large girth is actually a closed mouth, opened to expose as many teeth as it has eyes. Cracked, sharp, and spinning around like a saw.   

Personality: It watches...it twists, it changes everything around itself and the area its in. It wants them to see..to watch the world like it does. To see the eyes widen in fright at everything like it does. The fear, the madness, the fright and panic that glimmer from every one of its eyes. Unable to blind, unable to close and turn away. It is always watching, always waiting..waiting for its prey to snap. To break and lash out. To see the sight of them breaking themselves.

History: The watcher was born from the very essence of the victims that had passed in fear and terror in this place, their memories, their fears and their hatred for those that just WATCHED and did nothing to help them empowering this being into creation. A new monster born from the fears and hatred of humans. It doesn't know how old it is, the age of its memorizes combined, the age of the age it lurks in?

• Darkness in ones mind: As long as it lives within the darkness, as long as it sits, watching. It can effect the minds of those it sees. Making them doubt everything they see. The people they are with. Bringing their own nightmares into existence before their very eyes.
  • Empowered by darkness: The larger the darkness, the larger the shadow, the larger and more powerful the watching is. As more of its eyes can spread out and keep watching...

• Out of mind, Within the Light: Once it leaves the shadows, the dark, and takes on its 'solid' form it can no longer effect the minds of its prey. Taking a full, whole presence in the world and 'existing' instead of just something that creeps in their minds.
  • Weakened by light: Light weakens it, shrinking its height, making it lose eyes and strength.

Link your O&O: N/A, this is a horror. Wouldn't really fit.

Specify Ons: Eyes....fear...delicious females...

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Erm, its horror, so I guess I will be open to most things. Just the normal Scat/Waterworks I want to avoid. Oh, the prey can pee themselves. But it won't be anything to do with a kink, it will be out of fear. At least that is what I hope for.

Sexuality: Females, it craves females in that manner.

Content Level: Hell.

Death? (Y) Degree of Death? (Hell): He's a monster. Monsters are meant to be killed by man.

Face Claim?: Claims eyes....

Connections?: I want to effect a group of people in a single building, have them doubt, fear, and unable to see the truth of anything. Cause them to panic, to flee, to kill and maim. To drive them to the point of insanity. Basically I want to get inside other 'characters' heads and twist them as much as possible.

I like this monster idea! Should be fun for some haunting! We will see about getting a group of people for these eyes to lurk on!

Approved!

Feel free to post the characters in the appropriate threads listed in the first page of the Recruitment/OOC thread. :)

Rish