News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Fairy Tail based story

Started by Levi, August 26, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DartimusRae

The concept is still pretty solid if you apply another elements to it. For example, use wind or fire! And for healing (personal), have fire based attacks restore your Mana and vitality. Natsu uses fire magic in his feet that allow him to manuever in the sky. this distance is extended when paired with Happy's aero magic. Fire is also a wonderful element to pair with bladed weapons because it can give gulfing burst effects that deal additional damage, and can swing the tide of battle in a moment of intesity.

This is just an idea so you don't have to completely scrap the idea. It's still viable even without being a light magic user. What you end up doing is ultimately up to you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sessha

I can't use Wind magic as someone else is already using Wind magic and Fire just seems a bit overdone. I like doing different things.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

DartimusRae

It's up to you. Fire magics, while overdone, are still brutally effective. It's why so many magic systems use fire as an offensive power. Also, I believe we are lacking a good fire mage currently.

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 02, 2018, 04:40:37 PM
I can't use Wind magic as someone else is already using Wind magic and Fire just seems a bit overdone. I like doing different things.

You can use wind you can even still use light. What I was trying to say earlier is basically that while there are many mages who could be called a fire mage or a wind mage and so on. There actual powers are all different. If you look at rhins character and Jessica they both have earth backgrounds but what they can do differs
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 03, 2018, 01:00:10 AM
You can use wind you can even still use light. What I was trying to say earlier is basically that while there are many mages who could be called a fire mage or a wind mage and so on. There actual powers are all different. If you look at rhins character and Jessica they both have earth backgrounds but what they can do differs

Which is a bit of a different beast than before. Magic wise I was looking to create a magic swordswoman who channels light magic through her blade. Using her magic to enhance her blade attacks, even using the blade to launch the attacks at full range along using said light magic to enhance her own body to withstand greater physical damage and creating magic shields to protect herself from magical attacks, using Light magic as a way of healing others and herself along with lastly using said light magic to basically create "platforms" if you will for her to leap from in the air by discharging mana which also if need be she can go full on beam spam mode. Maybe even using Light magic to blind opponents in combat to make her job easier. All around she was going to be more combat heavy focused that Mel's character. That's all I was aiming to do with her.

Levi

Okay this is what Melisa can do: "Details of magic
Despite the… “grandiose” name of the magic, it actually possess little to no offensive ability. It does allows her to cast various supportive abilities:
Angel wings: Create a pair of wings of light on her back to fly
Crystal barrier: Create a spherical invisible barrier up to 3 meters diameter around her and her allies. It can also be concentrated in front of her into a disk-shaped barrier which is several times stronger than the spherical barrier at the cost of range of coverage.
Enhance: Enhance her allies’ strength temporarily
Healing light: Heals allies’ injuries. The more severe the injury, the longer it takes to heal and the more magic power poured into the spell, the faster the healing.
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession."

She already has enhance now her enhance is on others so having it only work on YC is fine, magic barrier or shield you can't use as that's in here. Healing is out too.

So you can use light in blade attacks and could even use light as a blast effect as Melisa only has a low damage arrow. Also the way YC travels would be acceptable too. Does that help any?

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 03, 2018, 01:53:26 AM
Okay this is what Melisa can do: "Details of magic
Despite the… “grandiose” name of the magic, it actually possess little to no offensive ability. It does allows her to cast various supportive abilities:
Angel wings: Create a pair of wings of light on her back to fly
Crystal barrier: Create a spherical invisible barrier up to 3 meters diameter around her and her allies. It can also be concentrated in front of her into a disk-shaped barrier which is several times stronger than the spherical barrier at the cost of range of coverage.
Enhance: Enhance her allies’ strength temporarily
Healing light: Heals allies’ injuries. The more severe the injury, the longer it takes to heal and the more magic power poured into the spell, the faster the healing.
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession."

She already has enhance now her enhance is on others so having it only work on YC is fine, magic barrier or shield you can't use as that's in here. Healing is out too.

So you can use light in blade attacks and could even use light as a blast effect as Melisa only has a low damage arrow. Also the way YC travels would be acceptable too. Does that help any?

It does help actually. Now if you allow me to make a counter offer here to add on to it. As I mentioned above with Sera's barrier it would only protect her against magical attacks, but not physical attacks. That's where her body enhancement comes into play. Also as much as I wanted to hold out on it, I'd be willing to allow for her healing abilities to be self only as well. Also her magical barrier would be self only, or maybe one extra person who happens to be standing right behind her.

MelisaArtemis

Umm... a little correction... Melisa's magic element isn't "Light". Her magic doesn't has any element, period... it is just the names that made it sound like they are light element magic, but they aren't. Instead, her magic is pure energy and that's about it.

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 03, 2018, 02:06:33 AM
It does help actually. Now if you allow me to make a counter offer here to add on to it. As I mentioned above with Sera's barrier it would only protect her against magical attacks, but not physical attacks. That's where her body enhancement comes into play. Also as much as I wanted to hold out on it, I'd be willing to allow for her healing abilities to be self only as well. Also her magical barrier would be self only, or maybe one extra person who happens to be standing right behind her.

Ok, so I'll let you have the barrier but only for YC but no healing. As far as I'm aware there is only one character in fairy tail that can heal and I think that makes it quite rare, so I would like to stay with just Melisa being able to heal.

Levi

Just in case accepted writers have missed it the occ and main thread are up.

Levi

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on September 02, 2018, 10:21:47 AM
In the process of working on mine. Just trying to figure out how what I want to do magic wise fits into the Fairy Tale Universe

should have it up today.

How's that character comming along, still interested?

Norsegod1839

I am but unsure if I can commit the time to it. I might have to temporarily step back but still watch actively and come back to it later.

Sessha

So far this is what I've gotten. As I said the Backstory is still giving me a bit of trouble.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Sexual OrientationBisexual
Wizard Class A rank Caster
Height. 5'9                              Weight
Eye colour Gold                       Hair colour Silver White
Where is their guildmark? Top of her Right hand
Name of Magic Light Magic
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch devastating projectile attacks and through the use of light magic discharge essentially create platforms of Light to stand on or launch herself from
Team
Personality Seraphim is Snarky, idealistic, dependable and all around nice person to be around. She earned her nickname from her more idealistic nature of both right and wrong. Believing that those with power like mages have a duty to use it to help and protect others. Though that doesn't mean she doesn't let her eyes wander over the ladies or the occasional male.
History
One/Off's Same as Player

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 05, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
So far this is what I've gotten. As I said the Backstory is still giving me a bit of trouble.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Sexual OrientationBisexual
Wizard Class A rank Caster
Height. 5'9                              Weight
Eye colour Gold                       Hair colour Silver White
Where is their guildmark? Top of her Right hand
Name of Magic Light Magic
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch devastating projectile attacks and through the use of light magic discharge essentially create platforms of Light to stand on or launch herself from
Team
Personality Seraphim is Snarky, idealistic, dependable and all around nice person to be around. She earned her nickname from her more idealistic nature of both right and wrong. Believing that those with power like mages have a duty to use it to help and protect others. Though that doesn't mean she doesn't let her eyes wander over the ladies or the occasional male.
History
One/Off's Same as Player

Okay so the powers it's gonna have to be either through the sword or as a blast not both.

Also her personality confused me. She's snarky but nice??

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 03:20:34 AM
Also her personality confused me. She's snarky but nice??

Yep. She makes some snarky comments or jokes,(most notably those when people leave themselves open or set themselves up for it.) otherwise she does have a generally pleasant disposition towards others.

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 03:20:34 AM
Okay so the powers it's gonna have to be either through the sword or as a blast not both.

Okay maybe I should clarify. The blasts were never meant to be used through her sword. Though that said it didn't exactly preclude that from happening later in play as a development of her powers.

Those are primarily used when she isn't in melee. In melee she used light magic to enhance the effects of her blade by allowing it to do both magical damage and physical damage to a target. It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

I hope this adequately explains things.

MelisaArtemis

@sessha I think the primary problem is your character has role issue with his magic: whether she's an offensive magic swordswoman (which may include the sword enchant and SWORD blast) or a defensive (which would allow the barrier and in extent, the floating platforms but no blasts).

Another issue that the general idea in FT bar a few exceptions (Dragon slayers), is that if you're good with ranged magic then you're terrible at melee. I'll admit that Erza was somewhat an exception but I think her being able to shoot swords like projectiles is thanks to her magic armor "Tenshin no Yoroi" rather than her own ability.

You simply can't be both without potentially being horribly OP. Someone who is capable of generating barrier AND deal range damage at the same time is basically a one-man army in FT universe since the guy would basically be having both the "ultimate spear" and the "ultimate shield" at the same time. As it stands, your character is basically a slayer magic user without being actually called as one by name only.

Another option is you add an equally strong drawback / weak point that comes with the magic. A good example would be (possibly) the most OP character we have in our roster which is BlackLightning's Ryuuji which has potential to be S rank... If not for the fact that unleashing it would possibly cripple him.

Remember than even in canon, dragon slayers has such a huge weakness (terrible with vehicle) that it literally played a part in the final battle to defend Magnolia.

Zaer Darkwail

Laeran Pyrestorm
Sparky
Age 30
Gender Male
Sexual Orientation Hetero
Wizard Class C (but has potential be A)
Height. 6'1'ft                    Weight 180lb
Eye colour. Warm brown  Hair colour Brown
Where is their guildmark? Back of left hand
Name of Magic Fire
Details of magic Albeit Laeran is fire mage from long line of fire mages, he never uses fire magic offensively. He does at best parlor and party tricks with it. Fireworks, smokes, sparkles, colorful dancing flames in cute animal shapes. His measured magic energy potential is at A class but thanks complete lack of interest and desire to 'fight' he is at C class. Working on paper and desk work for the guild and be overall festival party organizer and manager.
Team Not in team, unlikely never will.
Personality Laeran is fun, relaxed and ongoing positive minded man who likes cheer people up and keep spirits up even in grim circumstances. He gives image of himself of a fool who drinks and makes jokes all the time but he can be serious and think seriously. In happy facade hides a man who is doing all his effort bury his own lineage and past mistake which he did long ago and is reason why he cripples his own potential.
History Laeran Pyrestorm is heir of Pyrestorm family, which has past 300 years been exclusively fire magicians and have even purposefully married and 'bred' with other fire mages of immense potential to fine tune and harness natural innate potential extreme heights. Laeran's great-great-grandfather was one Ten Wizard Saints, codenamed as Nova was in top three mages in said council in his generation. So naturally when Laeran was born, much was expected from him.

He was not lone child though, as just two years later his little sister was born. Laeran's magic potential started manifest when he was six years old, he played and enjoyed playing with fire. Even recklesly so. In age of eight a bully teased him, bully was from another mage family but their son had not manifested magic yet. Furious Laeran, without thinking, breathed fire on the bully! However his younger sister, worried her brother gets trouble for harming (not mention unintentionally killing a child) she grasped him and turned him around...and wound up harming his own sister! Luckily only half of sister's body was engulfed in flames, but she was permamently burn scarred by half of her body and learn endure with lifelong pains from her right side of the body. Sight of her burned sister made young Laeran then swear, to never use fire magic again to harm people.

He attended greatest magic academies his family could provide.....he topped scores in classes and overall magic potential was through tests confirmed be expectional. But he fluked out from academy when he refused practice fire magic for combat and self-defense purposes. As those classes were mandatory he simply left, never graduating and becoming thus black sheep of the family. He has always attended and try care for his younger sister, still feel guilt for his deed, but his younger sister is bitter, angry and overall spiteful towards him and clearly abusing his kindness. He felt smothering in his family mansion, more so as his entire family stared him with shame filled eyes, so he left and one first things he did was joing to brand new guild; Peryton. Assign himself to desk work and learn practice his magic in entertaining and fun fashion, bring smiles and laugther than scream, a scream which he still remembers from years ago as his sister burned and remember smell of burned flesh and hair.
One/Off's Same as player, into very kinky stuff.

Levi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 07:27:14 AM
Laeran Pyrestorm
Sparky
Age 25
Gender Male
Sexual Orientation Hetero
Wizard Class C (but has potential be A)
Height. 6'1'ft                    Weight 180lb
Eye colour. Warm brown  Hair colour Brown
Where is their guildmark? Back of left hand
Name of Magic Fire
Details of magic Albeit Laeran is fire mage from long line of fire mages, he never uses fire magic offensively. He does at best parlor and party tricks with it. Fireworks, smokes, sparkles, colorful dancing flames in cute animal shapes. His measured magic energy potential is at A class but thanks complete lack of interest and desire to 'fight' he is at C class. Working on paper and desk work for the guild and be overall festival party organizer and manager.
Team Not in team, unlikely never will.
Personality Laeran is fun, relaxed and ongoing positive minded man who likes cheer people up and keep spirits up even in grim circumstances. He gives image of himself of a fool who drinks and makes jokes all the time but he can be serious and think seriously. In happy facade hides a man who is doing all his effort bury his own lineage and past mistake which he did long ago and is reason why he cripples his own potential.
History Laeran Pyrestorm is heir of Pyrestorm family, which has past 300 years been exclusively fire magicians and have even purposefully married and 'bred' with other fire mages of immense potential to fine tune and harness natural innate potential extreme heights. Laeran's great-great-grandfather was one Ten Wizard Saints, codenamed as Nova was in top three mages in said council in his generation. So naturally when Laeran was born, much was expected from him.

He was not lone child though, as just two years later his little sister was born. Laeran's magic potential started manifest when he was six years old, he played and enjoyed playing with fire. Even recklesly so. In age of eight a bully teased him, bully was from another mage family but their son had not manifested magic yet. Furious Laeran, without thinking, breathed fire on the bully! However his younger sister, worried her brother gets trouble for harming (not mention unintentionally killing a child) she grasped him and turned him around...and wound up harming his own sister! Luckily only half of sister's body was engulfed in flames, but she was permamently burn scarred by half of her body and learn endure with lifelong pains from her right side of the body. Sight of her burned sister made young Laeran then swear, to never use fire magic again to harm people.

He attended greatest magic academies his family could provide.....he topped scores in classes and overall magic potential was through tests confirmed be expectional. But he fluked out from academy when he refused practice fire magic for combat and self-defense purposes. As those classes were mandatory he simply left, never graduating and becoming thus black sheep of the family. He has always attended and try care for his younger sister, still feel guilt for his deed, but his younger sister is bitter, angry and overall spiteful towards him and clearly abusing his kindness. He felt smothering in his family mansion, more so as his entire family stared him with shame filled eyes, so he left and one first things he did was joing to brand new guild; Peryton. Assign himself to desk work and learn practice his magic in entertaining and fun fashion, bring smiles and laugther than scream, a scream which he still remembers from years ago as his sister burned and remember smell of burned flesh and hair.
One/Off's Same as player, into very kinky stuff.

Oohh...Jessica goes to find her stamp of approval

The only question I have is about the pic the image looks older then 25. As long as your happy that fine but he does look more 30ish.

Zaer Darkwail

I can push the age to 30 so it matches pic better :)

Levi

Zaer Darkwail

Edited, feel free add him to charsheet section.

Crensler

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 07:12:19 AMYou simply can't be both without potentially being horribly OP. Someone who is capable of generating barrier AND deal range damage at the same time is basically a one-man army in FT universe since the guy would basically be having both the "ultimate spear" and the "ultimate shield" at the same time. As it stands, your character is basically a slayer magic user without being actually called as one by name only.
Except I don't remember Sessha ever saying anything about either A) that her shield and blast were super powerful to the point of destroying/defending against anything, or B) that she could do them at the same time.  Also, considering how Slayer magic works, calling Sessha's character a Slayer mage is perhaps a bit much, wouldn't you agree?

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
Yep. She makes some snarky comments or jokes,(most notably those when people leave themselves open or set themselves up for it.) otherwise she does have a generally pleasant disposition towards others.

Okay maybe I should clarify. The blasts were never meant to be used through her sword. Though that said it didn't exactly preclude that from happening later in play as a development of her powers.

Those are primarily used when she isn't in melee. In melee she used light magic to enhance the effects of her blade by allowing it to do both magical damage and physical damage to a target. It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

I hope this adequately explains things.

I think I get what your saying. Could I ask that you detail out this in the magic section, as for the history I don't mind that you haven't 100% worked it out but the rest of the writers will at least need to know how long paladin has been a guild member.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if want opinion from someone I think Crensler's magic sounds quite similar to Maker magic (Ice Make example) but utilizing Light element than any traditional elements. Albeit I do not remember Maker magic enhancing weapons/attacks but it allowed creating weapons which could have devastating effects.

Also even if he has versatile tool set, in return the magic he uses must have strict interfering taboo some kind to balance it out (all magic, innate and item based, have it). Taboo is simply a thing where magic is never utilized, doing so leads to ruin some fashion (including loosing one's powers).

Crensler

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 03:37:02 PM
Well, if want opinion from someone I think Crensler's magic sounds quite similar to Maker magic (Ice Make example) but utilizing Light element than any traditional elements. Albeit I do not remember Maker magic enhancing weapons/attacks but it allowed creating weapons which could have devastating effects.
It kind of does, doesn't it?  Also, not my character, but thank you for pointing this out for Sessha's ^^