Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Kokaine

Hey Gnothi, I didn't see her on the list so if she isn't already being claimed can I reserve Eva Green please?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Priapus89

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Kokaine on September 10, 2017, 02:26:39 AM
Hey Gnothi, I didn't see her on the list so if she isn't already being claimed can I reserve Eva Green please?

Will do.

Quote from: Priapus89 on September 10, 2017, 06:24:40 AM
HI are you guys still recruiting?

Indeed we are :)
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 30, 2017, 12:08:09 AM
Off the top of my head, one of the best houses available is the Hightowers of Oldtown.  A rich family, with tons of military strength, and some good established lore in the books as well as this game.

The Freys could be an interesting one.

The Crakehalls in the Westerlands.

House Crowl rules over Skagos, that's been said to be inhabited (gossip of course) by cannibals and unicorns.

The Blacktydes of the Iron Islands have a long and bloody history.

Quite a few Mountain Clans in the North that are a part of Westeros, but not considered Wildlings.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/List_of_houses

There's a good link to a bunch of the major houses, their sigils, and words.

Hello! There are a lot of good options here. I was also wondering if anything was going on with the Lannisters or the Tarths?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Endwell

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13220471#msg13220471 Myrcella 'Sansa' Lannister Head of house lannister, probably evil

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13250078#msg13250078 Cate Tyria Tarth Member of Queen's Guard

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13252844#msg13252844 Sudario Lannister Assistant to master of coins, probably evil

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13253704#msg13253704 Ser Tytos Lannister Shipyard owner/knight, probably evil

Also I can't say they are probably evil but I feel it's safer to assume so because they are lannisters... therefor probably evil. Also you can safely loan them money as they will assuredly pay you back :)
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Emjay

Quote from: Endwell on September 14, 2017, 11:16:49 PM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13220471#msg13220471 Myrcella 'Sansa' Lannister Head of house lannister, probably evil

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13250078#msg13250078 Cate Tyria Tarth Member of Queen's Guard

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13252844#msg13252844 Sudario Lannister Assistant to master of coins, probably evil

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.msg13253704#msg13253704 Ser Tytos Lannister Shipyard owner/knight, probably evil

Also I can't say they are probably evil but I feel it's safer to assume so because they are lannisters... therefor probably evil. Also you can safely loan them money as they will assuredly pay you back :)

Hahaha "A Lannister always pays his debts"

And thank you for the links that's very helpful. In all honestly this Hightower idea is appealing to me more and more. Could I stake a claim on Astrid Berges-Frisbey for my face?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Endwell

Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Flower

Quote from: Emjay on September 14, 2017, 11:07:42 PM
Hello! There are a lot of good options here. I was also wondering if anything was going on with the Lannisters or the Tarths?

🙋

TheBlackThrone

I need to see who all the new people are because I haven't been keeping up with them.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Amelita

Quote from: Endwell on September 14, 2017, 11:16:49 PM

Myrcella Lannister is no longer part of the game as anything other than an NPC, and same for Cate Tarth I believe.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Endwell

Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Kokaine

In case more eyes roam past...

I am at present working on a character for House Upcliff (sworn to the Vale but shrouded in mystery) who is... Less... shiny, compared to my other characters. If anyone would be interested in coordinating something--for example she has a twin brother who could be played, has a lot of dealings with less reputable sorts in the free cities, etc--I am still in the creation stage and would be happy to plot ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Amelita on September 16, 2017, 04:41:41 PM
Myrcella Lannister is no longer part of the game as anything other than an NPC, and same for Cate Tarth I believe.

Quote from: Endwell on September 16, 2017, 04:52:09 PM
Aye, I hadn't seen them but didn't make assumptions

Yeah, there was a small announcement, but it was a while ago.  Since their character had been around for a bunch of posts and scenes, it's just easier to say that she's sick and not available. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Just posting this here in the hopes for connection, especially for my male character, either from new or existing players.

AnnieSatin

I am very interested and thought I would offer myself. Is anyone in need of a female character to be played? PM me with your ideas :)

Flower

Yeah this is a friendly group. If you want, you can certainly look in this thread. People have character roles they would like filled there as well.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267219.0

Flower

Quote from: Hyacinth on December 06, 2017, 07:49:31 AM
Hey! (^^)

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in a Mildred plot. Nothing grand scale but more on a personal level.

Her brother, a known scoundrel and drunk, has been accused of raping or attempting to take a young lady. Hey brother or some other family member has challenged him to a duel. I intend for him to lose and be killed.

Flower

I certainly hope I'm lucky as I rather not write by myself.  ::)

Ontan

By the looks of things, it appears that House Frey hasn’t be claimed yet! If they’re still available, I’d love to play them as a recovering (and characteristically sour-tempered) power in the Riverlands:

House Frey was brought to the brink of extinction when, in a single terrible stroke, the adult men of their bloodline were killed to the last – allegedly at the hands of a Stark assassin. Leaderless and shambolic, their military forces went from smirking conquerors to whipped dogs virtually overnight: they abandoned the Lannister-backed attempt to annex the Riverlands, and without so much as a single additional battle, they meekly forfeited all territorial gains and slinked back to their ancestral lands, effectively ending their role in the conflict.

With the malefactors slain, the infamous Red Wedding had at last been avenged, and under the enforced peace of Queen Daenerys’s reign, House Frey was mercifully spared from any further acts of retribution. Notwithstanding a shaky period of regency, the crown’s legal reforms eventually enabled Walder Frey’s young wife to assume leadership, and she proved to be a timid but intelligent administrator. She acknowledged the legitimacy of House Tully, and by way of reparation signed a treaty whereby House Frey would gift a share of all its  lucrative tolls for the next 50 years.

A new generation of Freys have now emerged, but they inherited many familiar traits: sullied honour, a perceived lack of validation from the ‘old’ Houses, and a simmering resentment over historical events. Though its bloodline was almost annihilated, it’s an understated fact that House Frey’s economic base was virtually untouched by the turmoil marring the new century, and plumped up with coin, its recovery has been surprisingly swift over the last few decades. With its coffers full and the rest of the Riverlands in upheaval, House Frey now seeks to exert its burgeoning clout once again, and to affirm its place in regional power-broking.

I’ve tried to keep it all in keeping with the game info, but if I've missed anything let me know. Thoughts?

sweets

RobHumph is the Lord Tully in game who would be a relation and liege lord for a Frey.

Lockepick and GnothiSeauton are the GMs so if you have questions those three should be able to help.

The game follows show cannon until season six only not sure how much that would effect your plans.

We now have a big game board so check us out there if you need anything ;D

Aiden

Quote from: Ontan on December 11, 2017, 10:08:51 PM
By the looks of things, it appears that House Frey hasn’t be claimed yet! If they’re still available, I’d love to play them as a recovering (and characteristically sour-tempered) power in the Riverlands:

House Frey was brought to the brink of extinction when, in a single terrible stroke, the adult men of their bloodline were killed to the last – allegedly at the hands of a Stark assassin. Leaderless and shambolic, their military forces went from smirking conquerors to whipped dogs virtually overnight: they abandoned the Lannister-backed attempt to annex the Riverlands, and without so much as a single additional battle, they meekly forfeited all territorial gains and slinked back to their ancestral lands, effectively ending their role in the conflict.

With the malefactors slain, the infamous Red Wedding had at last been avenged, and under the enforced peace of Queen Daenerys’s reign, House Frey was mercifully spared from any further acts of retribution. Notwithstanding a shaky period of regency, the crown’s legal reforms eventually enabled Walder Frey’s young wife to assume leadership, and she proved to be a timid but intelligent administrator. She acknowledged the legitimacy of House Tully, and by way of reparation signed a treaty whereby House Frey would gift a share of all its  lucrative tolls for the next 50 years.

A new generation of Freys have now emerged, but they inherited many familiar traits: sullied honour, a perceived lack of validation from the ‘old’ Houses, and a simmering resentment over historical events. Though its bloodline was almost annihilated, it’s an understated fact that House Frey’s economic base was virtually untouched by the turmoil marring the new century, and plumped up with coin, its recovery has been surprisingly swift over the last few decades. With its coffers full and the rest of the Riverlands in upheaval, House Frey now seeks to exert its burgeoning clout once again, and to affirm its place in regional power-broking.

I’ve tried to keep it all in keeping with the game info, but if I've missed anything let me know. Thoughts?

Like Sweets said, our IC canon only goes as far as Season 6 (before Arya arrived and did what she did) but considering they were not written off, you will have leeway with the background (to an extent). This is why we have House Tarly in full control of the Reach over the Tyrells. You will also have a very active player (Rob) as liege lord. I think it looks good and fitting, many houses have been rebuilding and those old hatreds still linger and make for some awesome plots and development IC.

Ontan

Quote from: sweets on December 11, 2017, 10:34:52 PM
We now have a big game board so check us out there if you need anything ;D

Aha! I didn't realise it achieved big game status. I was wondering why there weren’t any character sheets in the links…

Quote from: Aiden on December 12, 2017, 01:11:05 AM
Like Sweets said, our IC canon only goes as far as Season 6

Season 6 plot developments

While I saw that the canon only extends so far as season 6, I figured there were a few good reasons to include the mass-assassination of House Frey's male heirs:
  • Given that some sort of reckoning for the Red Wedding was virtually a foregone conclusion, it seemed fitting enough to include it (and a fruitless complication not to);
  • As an OOC convenience, it avoids the hassle of generating several dozen Frey NPCs who, lore-wise, would’ve otherwise convoluted the family tree; and
  • It provides fertile grounds for lingering hatred and entrenched rivalries, because it wouldn’t be GoT if everyone got along.
Lastly, I tried to make the event somewhat non-specific: there’s no guarantee that it even was a Stark assassin, let alone Arya. In this setting, I thought that maybe it could be an unproven assumption, based purely on the Stark's obvious motive.

All that said, I’ll happily defer to whatever the GMs (and Rob!) has to say about it.