For the kids born in the 80's...

Started by leelan, July 28, 2010, 12:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leelan

My husband showed me this site and I HAD to pass it on:

http://www.imremembering.com

Check it out:

Anyone remember these? LOL. My cousin would FIGHT for all her NKOTB stuff, and noone was allowed to sit on Jordan's head but her. LOL.
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

Tambit

Heh, I remember all this.  Do you recall Teddy Ruxpin?  They still make them, you know.
http://www.teddyruxpin.com/

leelan

I got scared of him! For some reason when ours went to talk, he sounded demented. So did my other cousin's Pee Wee Herman doll LOL
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Muninn

Quote from: Oniya on July 28, 2010, 12:41:53 AM

I have this mug.  Upstairs.

I believe my grandparents still have this mug (and another). <3

leelan

Quote from: Oniya on July 28, 2010, 12:41:53 AM

I have this mug.  Upstairs.

My Grandma had several of them. Then we got to take some with us.

Haha I just saw the book "Tikki Tikki Tembo"...I remember the name just not the spelling "TikkiTikkiTemboNoSarRemboCharriBarriRuchiPipPerriPembo"...

Katrina

Wasn't born in the 80s but I had NKOTB sheets and comforter...

HockeyGod

naryashadow

Omg, I had that entire bedset, despite my not knowing what the heck they were as I was only 5, and had nearly the complete set of garfield mugs (which my father decided to break) and a teddy ruxpin. ><  My favorite items though, were my She Ra Princess of Power dolls, and my Rainbow Brite lol

JillianCorvus

Its kind of scary how much of these things I remember, since I was born 2 years before the decade ended. I actually know a shop that sells those Garfield mugs too, haha.

Wolfy

Bah..I was born in 1990. ..T-T 1 year too late.

Ink Slinger

Purple People Eater was stuck in my head the other day. Mom still has my creepy Teddy Ruxpin. I still make friendship bracelets sometimes when bored. 

Crossfire!
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Ket

I still have my NKOTB comforter and a couple of beach towels.

And their CD's. Because we were the first family in the neighborhood to have a CD player as part of the stereo system. A 5 disc one at that.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

DudelRok

My childhood! O.O

Well a good chunk of it.

HA! Extra funny thing, I've actually got a collection of magic eyes in a vanilla envelope in a draw somewhere around my room.

And the cartoons, I still watch those given the chance... the toys make me feel, as my age now, kind of stupid.

"Mighty Max, its Polly Pocket but for boys." O.o I had the spider one. XD

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Wolfy

Wasn't Thundercats in the 80's?..o-o..or was that the 90's? O-o

Brandon

Im pretty sure thundercats was in the 80s too
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Nooooo! D:...

Man..the 90's didn't have anything good...Well, besides Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim(or was that 2000's..), Ren and Stimpy..and..other things..o-o..No kick-ass action cartoons, anyway..well, no In America, anyway. o3o...

Oh well..we did have something you 80's people never had...POKEMON! :D...And Gameboys. o3o And the internet. O-o...

Ok..maybe the 90's were great afterall.

leelan

We had one thing you 90's kids's parents Ruined...

LOONEY TUNES!!!!!!

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on July 30, 2010, 10:28:08 PM
Nooooo! D:...

Man..the 90's didn't have anything good...Well, besides Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim(or was that 2000's..), Ren and Stimpy..and..other things..o-o..No kick-ass action cartoons, anyway..well, no In America, anyway. o3o...

Oh well..we did have something you 80's people never had...POKEMON! :D...And Gameboys. o3o And the internet. O-o...

Ok..maybe the 90's were great afterall.

Um Gameboys originally came out in the eighties and the internet was around it just wasnt very popular, no one owned a computer back then.

On reflection Im starting to think that like the 50s were going to see back in time bars in the later future. Oh my god, back to the future was right about something! :P
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sarena

LoL, I LOVED Punky Brewster!

And ALF!  I've been looking through this I'm Remembering...haven't seen him yet...*ponders and goes to look for pic*
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

naryashadow

My husband still has his Alf stuffed animal that was won out of a vending machine back in the day lol

Sarena

Okay, I so have every Nintendo and SNES game ever made on a CD that I can play on my computer...LOVE Mario Brothers!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

naryashadow

Omg I would do near anything to get Mario back

Sarena

*raises eyebrow* Anything?  Hehe, I've got TWO copies of said disk :P

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time