Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: Blythe on May 04, 2016, 04:03:19 PM
Incorrect.

Well, damn.  Every time I start to feel like Sherlock freakin' Holmes, you guys pull the rug out from under me.

Blythe

Clue #6

General Impression - Common,Creative, Fishy, Cruel, Horrible, Suspenseful

Blythe

Replacing Clue #4 with:

Weather - Sunny, Stormy, Dry, Humid, Cold, Hot

Madame Professor

I actually agree with Yugi, Hook and Cassette Tape is looking good. Though NightOwl's Whip/Camera combo could work too, but I feel like Ryven had a point about that leaning more towards Suffication.

Either way, Yugi, I totally support this idea.

Never mind. If it were the Hook, Fishy TOTALLY would have been the way to go there... Hmmmmm...

Gonna look at this again.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ryven

He replaced summer with cold which might make gift a viable option again.

Madame Professor

Exactly.

And honestly, with Cruel, Blood Stain, and Severe Injury... I'm leaning towards Bamboo Tip over Whip. With the Gift.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ryven

So far we have:

Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident
Location of Crime - Pub, Bookstore, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital, Building Site
State of the Scene - Bits and Pieces, Ashes, Water Stain, Cracked, Disorderly, Tidy
Day of Crime - Weekday, Weekend, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Weather - Sunny, Stormy, Dry, Humid, Cold, Hot
Trace At the Scene - Fingerprint, Footprint, Bruise, Blood Stain, Bodily Fluid, Scar
General Impression - Common,Creative, Fishy, Cruel, Horrible, Suspenseful

Guesses so far:

MP: theLeslie > Unarmed/Notebook
Ryven: Nightowl > Stone/Surveillance Camera
Remiel: theLeslie > Explosives/Notebook

Guesses left: Nightowl, Rel, Yugi, Rapt, Christa, theLeslie, Phoenix

So with the above information in mind, I think that Nightowl and theLeslie are STILL our best suspects because of Nighty's Gift and Leslie's Ice Skates

Nightowl: Stone or Bamboo Tip + Gift fits Clue 1, Clue 2, Clue 4 (Replacement), Clue 5, and Clue 6.
theLeslie: Ice Skates + Notebook fits Clue 1, Clue 2, Clue 4 (Replacement), Clue 5, and Clue 6.

I feel like we're shooting at a target and getting all around it but haven't hit the bulls-eye yet.

Blythe

Replacing Clue #5 --

Murderer's Personality - Arrogant, Despicable, Furious, Greedy, Forceful, Perverted

Rel Mayer

Ok,  I was looking through the main page. And something caught my eye.

Madame's Wrench and Drill could cause server injury that may not be related to loss of blood, suffocation, poisoning, accidents.

And also Exam Paper could relate to a bookstore. More so than a Pub, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital. Students are usually disorderly, Cold, and Cruel. Blood stains would relate to tools.

Just an idea!

And students are perverted too.

theLeslie

I think Rel could use some scrutinizing.  I see cold, and I see the scarf, and keep getting stuck on that pairing.  Vegetables also like to be cold, carton(vague...) could want to be cold if full of juice or milk.  Bats will leave blood, Electrocution and Radiation are both pretty cruel. 

edit: Also, maybe it's just me. xD  But when I see cruel, and perverse as clues, I can't help but think whip.  Then again, I have no idea what a bamboo tip is..  tip to what?  I feel the same way about carton, it is missing a vital piece of information.  Nothing exists as a carton, it is a carton of something. >.<

Madame Professor

You just always think it's me, Rel.  :'(

There are better location options for my Exam Paper than Bookstore. And there are much better locations if Blythe wanted to point to my Means.

The Location is most often the strongest clue we investigators get. But when and how Blythe pays his clues is important too.

I agree with Ryven that NightOwl and theLeslie are our prime suspects... Whip/Gift and Metal Chain/Notebook respectively.

theLeslie

I wish one guess would have cleared my name, but I suppose that would make this game very easy for the investigators, and very difficult for the murderers.  Seeing as we have to guess the right person and the right combination, we can not afford to waste any other guesses.

I would like some feedback on my guess before I commit too it.

Night Owl,

Whip (Perverse and cruel and bloody)

Watch (Cold, because metal, and because it could fit almost anywhere so it's what I would have picked as the evidence if I was the criminal)

Ryven

Quote from: theLeslie on May 04, 2016, 06:56:40 PM
I wish one guess would have cleared my name, but I suppose that would make this game very easy for the investigators, and very difficult for the murderers.  Seeing as we have to guess the right person and the right combination, we can not afford to waste any other guesses.

I would like some feedback on my guess before I commit too it.

Night Owl,

Whip (Perverse and cruel and bloody)

Watch (Cold, because metal, and because it could fit almost anywhere so it's what I would have picked as the evidence if I was the criminal)

I don't think Watch fits any of the clues.

theLeslie

Yeah, that's why watch makes such a great piece of evidence.  What could point at it?  The only thing I see that could possibly point to the watch would be "suspenseful" as suspense requires time in order to build into something climactic.  Short of something saying boldly Watch or Time, it's hard to point at a watch, and not point at a ton of other things too.  I feel like the watch is so wonderfully common place and vague that it makes the perfect evidence to have left.

What do you all think?

edit:  Also, I can't see cruel and perverse and not think of the whip.  Maybe it's just me. >.<

Galactic Druid

Since you asked, I think you guys have la bit more than 24 hours to decide! aathis game will wrap up at 9PM central time tomorrow, thursday, the 5th! Make sure you use your guesses before then!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ryven

Quote from: theLeslie on May 04, 2016, 07:10:16 PM
Yeah, that's why watch makes such a great piece of evidence.  What could point at it?  The only thing I see that could possibly point to the watch would be "suspenseful" as suspense requires time in order to build into something climactic.  Short of something saying boldly Watch or Time, it's hard to point at a watch, and not point at a ton of other things too.  I feel like the watch is so wonderfully common place and vague that it makes the perfect evidence to have left.

What do you all think?

edit:  Also, I can't see cruel and perverse and not think of the whip.  Maybe it's just me. >.<

I still think Gift fits better than Watch.  But, I think either Ice Skates/Notebook or Metal Chain/Notebook are better bets at this point because they both carry notions of Severe Injury, Bookstore, Cruel, Cold, Perverted, though not necessarily Disorderly.  I'm thinking that the Disorderly clue was one made out of trying to be innocuous because it seems like the other options would lead us too far off in relation to the other clues.  Of course, you would be the murderer if those were the case, so it's really kind of hard to get unbiased input from you on those. :P

theLeslie

Well, I hope we don't lose because of me.  I assure you I am very innocent.

So I am going to make my guess, and hope for the best.  I suppose if I'm wrong, the rest of the votes are going to be targeting me, and the criminals run free.

Anyways, good luck us!  My guess: NightOwl, Whip, Gift

Blythe

Quote from: theLeslie on May 04, 2016, 09:50:46 PM
Well, I hope we don't lose because of me.  I assure you I am very innocent.

So I am going to make my guess, and hope for the best.  I suppose if I'm wrong, the rest of the votes are going to be targeting me, and the criminals run free.

Anyways, good luck us!  My guess: NightOwl, Whip, Gift

O_O

CORRECT <3

YAY LESLIE  ;D

theLeslie

Well, I can't take all the credit!  I was more leaning towards watch, but yay team work!

Blythe

Also, Madame, Ryven, and Remiel--y'all gave me a lot to work with, and with your posts, I figured out where I was going wrong.

(And to clarify for anyone with questions--I picked Summer because folks weren't quite groking the weapon, and summer = rodeos =whips, which I realize in hindsight wasn't very good logic on my part with Winter right there, so I took heed of Madame's comment about Winter when selecting a Clue to cover up. ^^

Good game, NightOwl and accomplice! That was tricky, and it was a good combo of weapon + evidence. I was panicking about how to give clues in the beginning. *nodnod*

Madame Professor

Remiel

Yeah, Whip/Gift would have been my guess if I could've had a second one.   But yeah, that Summer clue really threw me.   :-\

Congrats, Leslie

Galactic Druid

The Game is Not Over Yet!!

NightOwl, you've been caught, but if you can correctly take out the witness, your trial will likely acquit! You have one chance, who are you taking out?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

NightOwl35

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 04, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
The Game is Not Over Yet!!

NightOwl, you've been caught, but if you can correctly take out the witness, your trial will likely acquit! You have one chance, who are you taking out?

I'll just go ahead and assume (more than likely incorrectly) theLeslie.

theLeslie

You said you'd keep me safe if I testified!  Man, I just can't trust the police. -.-