Grab the book closest

Started by stormkitten, March 08, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Quote from: Ryven on March 27, 2009, 12:18:15 AM
"It's not funny, Ron," said Hermione sharply.

I've never even read any of the harry potter books...yet I still have them for some reason. >.>

Hmmm... is that from Prisoner of Azkaban?  *has read all seven books*
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Kroduk

"Tyrannus Maximus requires essential repairs before it goes to war again."
"Crusade for Armageddon" Jonathan Green
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
If I've got nowhere to go?
Search for seas of gold
How come it's got so cold?
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you
When it's me I can't forgive?

Ket

Olie snapped the word off like a twig and tugged on the sleeve of the quilted flight jacket he'd bought at an army-navy store in the Cities. 

Night Sins - Tami Hoag
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

saturnschild

Contemplating Iason's true intentions, Riki felt a cold chill snaking down his spine.

Ai No Kusabi vol 5
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Lilias

Freddie could not keep his eyes open any longer.
(Kate Mosse, The Cave)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

lexxusbabe

Satnslillgrl

Quote from: lexxusbabe on March 30, 2009, 06:12:12 AM
"I can see that."
Weaveworld

OMG! Love Weaveworld!

T"The neighbors might have called the police already, or the news media might be surging towards them to explore the earthquake focal zone at Sixty-third and Central Park."
~~Bound by Shadows
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Saku

"Exotics. It sounded like a sign that should be in a pet store, advertising parrots or rare snakes." - Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Satnslillgrl

Quote from: Saku on April 01, 2009, 11:05:20 AM
"Exotics. It sounded like a sign that should be in a pet store, advertising parrots or rare snakes." - Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

I love that book too! That's actually my favorite one from her.

Lilias

'Now I knows how them villains was able to get 'way with it, the sneakies!'
(Andy Stanton, Mr Gum in The Hound of Lamonic Bibber)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Valerian

"I couldn't shake the flurry of images -- Frank fingering aside the curtain, wanding down his truck, that grainy flash by JFK's head."

Trust No One, by Gregg Hurwitz

I grabbed it from work mainly because it was free, but it turned out to be a very good, literate thriller, which I can recommend to anyone who likes thrillers.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Avis habilis

The accuracy achievable is 1 ppm (part per million) to 0.1 ppm.

Concepts and Techniques in Geographic Information Systems
C.P. Lo & Albert K.W. Yeung

saturnschild

After the all clear was given 3 of us took a Humvee to chow and to get part of our paycheck. (my English writer's presence)
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Aeval

..against the O'Leary -Porter Scale (Porter & O'Leary, 1980) which surveys the incidence..
my dissertation! YEAH! It's finally done!!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Tatterdemalion

"Autistinen lapsi sulkee yhteyden itsensä ja ulkomaailman väliltä." --Kädettömät kuninkaat ja muita häiritseviä tarinoita, kirjoittanut Johanna Sinisalo.

("An autistic child closes down the connection between herself and the outside world." --The Handless Kings and Other Disturbing Tales, written by Johanna Sinisalo.)

Nadir

They tolerated the baptism and modest garments imposed on them by the French Catholic laws; but in the evenings, they made their cheap fabrics into alluring costumes, made jewelry of animal bones and bits of discarded metal which they polished to look like gold; and the salve cabins of Pointe du Lac were a foreign country, an African cost after dark, in which not even the coldest overseer would want to wander.

Interview with a vampire, by Anne Rice.

ShrowdedPoet

"We like the Inn."

A Ring of Endess Light, Madeleine L'engle
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Rider of Wind

"This is an amazing representation given that a disproportionate number of soldiers who fought in Vietnam were poor, high school dropouts, black, and Hispanic."

Memory and Pedagogy in the "Wonderful World of Disney" by Henry A. Giroux

*shrugs* It's for my Disney writing class.
Not currently taking new roleplays.
Rider's A/A's Update 10-20-14~ O/O's
Posting rate: On Hiatus until June 2nd.

Skye

"I feel panicked and my mind starts racing, looking for a safe way to say it."- Kaye, Ironside by Holly Black
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Saku

"I didn't even have time to close my eyes." - Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

"She could hear the Lord beside her laughing." - The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice (Writing as A.N. Roquelaure)

I have both books in exactly the same place so I thought I would write them both down ^^
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Eseleon

Titov's flight showed that man could survive more than fleeting bouts of weightlessness, although the true limits of endurance in space remained unknown.

- The Hamlyn Encyclopedia of Space, Ian Ridpath (1986)

Man this is old  ???

Satnslillgrl

Quote from: Reign on April 08, 2009, 01:20:33 PM
"I feel panicked and my mind starts racing, looking for a safe way to say it."- Kaye, Ironside by Holly Black

I just finished reading this one! I couldn't find Valiant anywhere for the longest time, so I couldn't start Ironside.

Paradox

"Major General Meade: GENERAL: I have just come from telescope on top of Avery house, where the second line of the enemy's works is filled with troops."

- War of the Rebellion: Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. Series I, Volume 42. Part III Correspondence, etc. Operations in Southeastern Virginia and North Carolina, Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 1864

Yeah, so I kind of like the civil war  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Tatterdemalion

"'Unfortunately, I'm confident that my games of hop-board are real -- and my opponent as well.'" --The Mirror of Her Dreams, written by Stephen Donaldson.

Skye

Quote from: Satanslillgrl on April 09, 2009, 11:19:12 AM
I just finished reading this one! I couldn't find Valiant anywhere for the longest time, so I couldn't start Ironside.

(Oooh, all good books. Holly Black-<3 her. Have you read Melissa Mar's series? The last of her trilogy comes out at the end of this month. <3 <3 <3!!!)

"But the owl lay motionless and pathetic as a toy on the floor of her cage." -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  (Books scattered everywhere near the computer desk.)

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]