Caravanserai [Reception Area]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 7th 2020 | Morning
Wearing: This
Tagging:  Mr. Wells, Benjamin Taylor, Rafaela Camerino (briefly)

“That’s no good,” Reese said with a purse of her lips. Rather than just offer him a sympathetic word, she contemplated a way to solve his problem. “We can do that for you; it’s no problem at all.” She replicated his quiet tone as he seemed keen to keep his issue private rather than public knowledge. “You know, we have a store here, Bits and Bobs. Once you’re more rested, I recommend dropping by there. They might have some clothes in your size.”

Before Mr. Wells could venture off, she provided him with another friendly tidbit which might make his life easier. “If you think of any questions or have any other problems, just dial ‘0’ on your hotel phone. It will ring right here, to the front desk. With that, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.”

It was no surprise to her when Mr. Wells ventured over towards Ms. Kati rather than making a beeline for Mirage. Companionship sometimes ranked higher than the need for food and drink. Hopefully, both of them would enjoy their time at Caravanserai more with companionship rather than being alone.

Seeing as there was not anyone else emerging from the great expanse of endless sand and Ms. Camerino  was moving through rather than stopping, Reese risked leaving for a few seconds in order to take a quick trip to the ladies’ room.  It only took few minutes but that was enough time for another guest to approach the front desk and wait for service.

Reese hurried over to the desk, light clacks of her heels betraying her approach, and offered the man an apologetic smile.

“Good morning,” Reese said with obvious regret in her tone. Before she could offer him a genuine apology for her absence, he beat her to the chase with one of his own. “Oh that’s not necessary, Sir. I’m just glad you made it in one piece. I know the journey here can be a rough one. You weren’t waiting long, were you?”

She picked up his passport and credit card just before typing his name into the hotel’s database.

“Was that the camel’s name before or did you create an unique one for it?” She questioned, partially out of curiosity and also due to the knowledge that small talk eased people.

Eros

Name: Benjamin Taylor
Wearing:
Tagging:  Front Desk

As the receptionist picked up Benjamin's passport and credit card in order to input his information into the system he corrected his posture, standing up straight with his shoulders back. Slouching against the front desk while the young woman would be the height of bad manners, Ben might be ‘Old Navy’ but he was raised to be respectful. After all whatever your stature in life manners were free and there was no excuse not to use them. The receptionist question caused a soft chuckle of amusement to pass lips and Ben did not have the heart to inform the young woman that Dromedary was merely the species of camel that he'd made his way across the desert upon.

“Affectionately dubbed Dom, although I don't see it as a relationship that will last. Long distance rarely work so I had to let Dom down gently, explain that friendship would be best.”

Benjamin's humour was often quite dry and was accustomed to looks of bewilderment or of uncertainty. A wave of guilt washed over him within seconds of the words leaving his mouth and releasing his bizarre humour on the poor woman.

“Apologies please ignore my attempt at humour. The trip across the desert was breathtaking even if a bit harsh upon my coccyx.”

Benjamin swiveled his head and swept his gaze around the lobby once again as if assessing his surroundings for the first time.

“Do you have any recommendations? If you were a guest what would be on your to do list?”

Benjamin turned his full attention back to the young woman across the desk from him and smiled. A list of the facilities or the the tourist brochure reply was of no interest to him, Ben preferred insight with the personal touch. Although Benjamin had not had many opportunities to travel, when he did he always tried to avoid the cookie cutter visit. Preferring to delve into life like a local and be off the beaten track.

I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me.

pantalaimon

Arriving at the front desk having ridden a camel to get the last leg of the journey Landon looks tired, a bit uncomfortable, and yet there is a bit of excitement in the way he looks around observing what he can.  Stopping a few paces behind the gentleman currently at the front desk he puts down his small travel bag and awaits his check in fidgeting with the ticket he was given as a prize almost bending it but not quite a bit worried making any part illegible will somehow void its use.

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Wearing: This
Tagging:  Benjamin Taylor, Landon

Reese heard Mr. Taylor’s chuckle but thought nothing of it as she typed his information into each appropriate box within the database. She did not have the typing skill, like Lalita, to glance around the lobby while her fingers moved without making a mistake across the keyboard. If she attempted such, it would result in a bunch of nonsense being entered and require her to start a second time from scratch. It escaped her notice that it was her lack of knowledge of camels which caused his amusement rather than recalled memories of a unique experience with a somewhat temperamental beast. He did make her smile upon describing a rather gentle breakup with the creature.

“I’m sure he will find another companion soon enough. I don’t think camels mate for life,” she reassured with a laugh, fingers pausing for a moment, as she regarded him with laughter in her blue eyes. “The guides have been so busy since we opened a few days ago.”

At his unnecessary apology, Reese lifted her hand and signaled that he stop as she shook her head. She’d found his description funny and not the least bit offensive.

“You’re fine,” she said with a smile as she remembered to hand him a water bottle. Quickly, she rectified that mistake by placing one in front of him along with a bag of pretzels. “I think your sore body will recover soon enough. Your days of sleeping uncomfortable are over. At least for now. If you’re still ailing though, please do make an appointment with our masseuse.

At his question, Reese took a moment to ponder all of Caravanserai’s possibilities. It was marketed more as a hub of relaxation and energy restoration than a constant adventure. She reckoned the most adventurous portion of a guest’s trip might be the excursion through the sands to reach it.

“Knowing myself,” she started as she bent down to retrieve his room card key. “I’d stop by Mirage first and stuff myself like a Thanksgiving turkey. After that, I’d pamper myself with some of the hotel’s spa treatments. I’m sorry if that sounds dull but lately I’m a lay by the beach with a drink type of girl.”

Noticing another guest enter the lobby, she offered them a quick wave to acknowledge their presence before waiting for Mr. Taylor's reaction to her honest answer to his question.

Eros

Wearing:
Tagging:  Front Desk, Landon, Open

Benjamin was pleased that he had not offended the young woman with his quirky humour and the witty, insights on a camels love life brought another wave of soft chuckles from the man.

The bottle of water placed on the desk by the receptionist as she multi-tasked checking Benjamin into the hotel whilst engaging in polite chit chat was gratefully received and he picked it up immediately, twisting off the cap and taking a sip. At least that had been Ben's intention but he had not realised exactly how thirsty he was until the refreshing liquid touched his lips. Over half of the bottles water was consumed by the time he placed the cap back on it, lips curving up into a sheepish smile.

“Thank you, the water certainly quenched my thirst.”

Picking up the packet of pretzels, Benjamin's gaze flitted between the items in his hands, regretting not having brought some kind of satchel with him. The only solution forthcoming was the pockets of his jeans, placing both in a back pocket. It was a tight squeeze but Benjamin managed it.

“Your insight is truly appreciated, a delectable meal and a massage sounds like a small slice of heaven.”

Benjamin stepped slightly to the side not wishing to hog the desk nor the receptionist, politely nodding at the man who had stepped up behind him.

“Thank you, I am sure that it will be the first slice of many during my stay.”

Placing my hand on the desk to receive my items and my stomach growling as if on cue.

I am brave, I am bruised

Gannameade

Name: Apollo King
Wearing: shown

Tagging:  Front Desk, Open

Apollo thought this was the weirdest will request ever, but this was one of the places that he was supposed to go.  He was on sabbatical and he looked around having gotten off of the camel.  It was funny at first having ridden horses the camel proved to be...an experience for sure.  He didn't think it was fun, but it wasn't not fun either. 

Since he was here, he hopped down from the beast that was tied up having handed him off to one of the attendants.  He had his backpack that was technically overstuffed but he had in it all he needed for now.  He walked in in his shirt and light jeans and boots.  He pulled back his cowboy hat and walked in he was going to give this a chance, it was his father parting gift after all.

Chantarelle

Name: Abby Dixon
Date | Time: June 7th, 2020/morning
Wearing: A skimpy ‘concrete blonde, ripped Half- top, bra-less along with black leather pants and boots.
Tagging: Apollo King

Abby had been in love with her long eyelashed camel...before she had to ride it. She swore she had bruises on her ass from all the swaying she had gone through as the giant animal had moved lazily across the dunes. Abby was excited to finally reach the oasis. Now all she needed was to find the closest bar to forget all about her troubled backside.

As she sauntered up to the counter she couldn’t help but eye the man who had gotten there before her. ‘Here was a nice, thick piece of juicy black licorice and mama had a sweet tooth’, came the naughty voice in the back of her head. A voice which instantly was ignored by her higher mind. Abby had to remind herself that she wasn’t here to jump on some random dick just because it felt right, she was looking for something a bit more substantial...but then again, flirting was innocent.

“They should have put you on the cover of the brochure, I would have been here yesterday.” Her voice held back a deep felt giggle.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Gannameade

Apollo frowned gazing at the young woman that could be talking to no one else but him.  It wasn't an angry frown but it was a surprise as he fought against blushing as he leaned down to peer into her eyes.  If he was of a mind to he could have kissed her as close as he was to her right now. 

"Excuse me?"  He said his voice that of deep baritone tempted to sing her a lullaby to get her out of the rest of the outfit she wasn't wearing currently.  His eyes narrowed as he drank her in looking her over.  She was a sight to behold that was for sure.  He wondered if his question would make her bold enough to repeat her words.  He found himself licking his lips as he as his eyes met her own.

Chantarelle

Wearing: A skimpy ‘concrete blonde, ripped Half- top, bra-less along with black leather pants and boots.

His deep cadence took her aback as it caused a stirring in the pit of her stomach that tickled in an erotic way. “Don’t mind me so much, I’m just glad that the price I had to pay to get in here is already turning out to be worth it.” She smiled at him, letting her eyes float down his chest before grabbing a brochure from the plastic holder on the counter. She began flipping through the glossy pages as if she already knew what she wanted from the menu she just had to find the item. When her eyes finally found the list of bars she took quick note before folding the brochure carelessly and pressing it into the back pocket of her leather pants. She leaned against the counter before pushing away dramatically. “Ok, looks like I got a somewhere to be...do you?” She asked him suddenly. “I mean...I’m going to the bar to perhaps make a couple of bad decisions and well...company always makes that fun. Maybe you could supervise me...a little adult supervision never hurt, right?” She immediately regretted her forwardness which had placed her right smack dab on the tracks of rejection. Instead of waiting for the train to hit her she retracted. “Then again...you don’t know me from Eve...and you probably have places to be and ladies to serenade with that deep god-like voice of yours. No worries...I’ll see you around.” As she turned to walk away she realized that she had just cock-blocked herself. How did that happen?
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Gannameade

He seemed to have this effect on some women, those that were nervous when someone of his complexion interacted with them.  They were bold sometimes and when he confronted them they backed off a bit, he was not surprised she seemed a bit scared even if she was making a bold statement with her outfit and dress.  "Certainly you aren't scared of me are you?"  He seemed to all but drink her in, peeling her out of her clothes with his eyes that alighted all over her.  Her smile was warm though as it lightened his mood, he could see her eyes lingering on him, he was glad the admiration wasn't one way.

"Nope no where to be just checking in.  Someone you're supposed to be meeting?"  He asked at her sudden change in tone.  "You inviting me to go to the bar with you?  Ok but which of us is supposed to be the adult?" 

"That is true I don't know you, but if we drink enough I may know you like Eve."  He teased now.  As he noticed her trying to run but now he was all but forcing her to be with him or rabbit away now.  He said her moving from him.  "You sure?" His voice questioning as if he were trying to pull her back to her senses.

Chantarelle

She turned back to face him, happy to be stopped. Her big eyes wandered his dark complexion. “If your not the adult in the situation then God help me.” His returned  flirting made her relax and she decided to brave her remaining anxiety by slipping her arm through his. “I’m just hoping they know how to make a decent Moscow mule.” She began to pull him in the direction of the closest bar. She squeezed his bicep as they walked, only half-conscious that she was doing it.

The bar was more crowded than she would have expected for the morning, but hell, it made sense, everyone here was on vacation so what did she expect? Instead of sitting at the bar Abby pointed towards a corner table where they could order and actually hear each other over the din.

“A double Moscow mule please...with lime wedges.” She waited for her company to order and the waitress to walk away before folding her arms atop the wooden table, her tattoos on full display. “I’m Abby by the way and no you don’t scare me. I’m just always a little anxious.”

Gannameade

He watched as she turned around to face him.  He was fully aware of her nervousness as she nearly ran away from him.  He raised an eyebrow.  "You sure?"  He knew he was teasing, he was glad that he had a reservation already and it was confirmed.  He wasn't too phased at her feeling over his arm as he walked with her, maybe she liked his arm, maybe she wanted to know what she was getting into.  "I don't really think you have to worry too much about that, a place like this comes highly recommended."  He said before realizing it was probably her nervousness talking still.   His tongue stroked his upper lip as he walked with her to the bar.  It really was hopping almost like an early morning party.  He was not really surprised so much as impressed.

"Frozen Mojito."  He said as he was pretty good on his alcohol stamina, most people thought he was part fish when it came to drinking.  But if they were getting started now he probably should pace himself he had no idea how long they would be together.  "Apollo."  He left off his last name on purpose if she didn't recognize him that was good enough.  "I don't scare you?  You aren't nervous at all that I am just going to devour you?"  He said letting her take that however she would, wondering where her mind would go with his dual statement.  "Anxious about what?"

Chantarelle

She grinned at his teasing. “Sex doesn’t make me nervous. Life makes me nervous and as wholly unfair as it is, men in general make me nervous. My experiences have overly developed my sense of caution and I’ve been a slow learner at times so I have to be constantly vigilant over the company I keep...but you seem nice.” She rose a few inches as she shifted in her seat trying to get comfortable. “Does your ass hurt from the camel ride? Because I tell you what, I think  I bruised my tailbone.”

She smiled politely as the waitress sat there drinks down in front of them. Abby immediately began squeezing the lime slices over her mule and laughed when some of the juice squirted out right onto her cheek. She wiped her face with the back of her hand and began sucking the excess juice off her fingers. “So what do you do...no, no...let me guess...” she put on a thinking face as she sipped her vodka through a straw. “Linebacker?”

Gannameade

He did his best not to blush, he failed.  "So we are having sex now too?"  He said trying to do the same to her he was normally not out of his element but her boldness was refreshing as much as her not knowing who he was.  "Men make YOU nervous?  I don't see why you seem to be rather in control for the most part."  He chuckled lightly.  "I am the guy your momma warned you about."  He teased realizing if he was the bad guy he wouldn't be seen for being nice and maybe a pushover, he wasn't but most nice guys didn't get the girl, the bad boy did.  "Ah not so much, but I will not be taking the camel back if that is your question."  He said completely aware that was nothing compared horseback riding and he wasn't ready for that right now after the camel ride either.

He watched her suck her fingers.  'Bad idea.'  He thought to himself quickly shaking off his gaze at her.  He smirked.  "Running back."  He said having played in high school and some college but he didn't go pro as that was not what dad was paying for, he was paying for law school.  He was lightly taken aback cause...she really didn't know who he was and he found he liked that, whatever came of this would be real for the most part.  A light smile played over his lips.  "And you are a child actress turned tattoo artist?"

pantalaimon

Name: Landon ???
Wearing: A pair of khaki pants, and a maroon polo shirt.
Tagging:  Benjamin, Reese, Apollo, Abby

Taking a step forward Landon turns his head as another couple come in and head over to the bar after what sounded like a quick introduction.  He stops for a bit distracted in his people watching before turning back in time to hear the other gentleman at the counters stomach rumble.  Stepping up in the now free spot at the desk he puts his voucher down on the table sliding it forward along with his ID.  Turning his head he says "The ride out here was rather long and uncomfortable wasn't it?  Sounds like you need some food too hopefully its not all overpriced junk just because were in a fairly remote area." Catching in the background the other couple ordering drinks already.

The ID has on it Landon Myers dob 4/6 the voucher seems to say its for one of the one bedroom suites good for a five day stay.  "Here to check in when you have a free moment I do understand if the room isn't ready yet normal check in times aren't until the afternoon just want to get it taken care of".  He picks up a brochure and glances through the weeks activities as the man next to him begins gathering his things.  " Also may I register for this speed dating activity it may be a good way to meet some new people".

Chantarelle

Abby mentally gave herself a round of applause for guessing he was an athlete, although it was only a half-win considering she had dated an Athlete before. Those muscles were lovely until they were used against you, and not in the good way. She took note and underlined it in read before filing it into her subconscious even though her face did not indicate this.

“Close.” She giggled as she swirled her drink with a tiny red straw. “Cult survivor turned fetish model would be more accurate.” Likewise, she was surprised and happy that he didn’t recognize her. She would hate to date a fan, the men who fanatically drooled over the pictures of her usually had a few screws loose she had come to realize. “The tattoos are a prerequisite for the job I suppose. I’m not saying that’s why I’m covered in them, it just helps. Do you have any tattoos? We could play show and tell.” One thing about her subconscious and the wealth of information and warnings within, she had the worst habit of ignoring it.

Gannameade

Tagging:  Front Desk, Abby Mentioned Landon

Apollo noticed the thin young man in the area as well as a few others looking at him.  He was thinking he might be recognized by someone, he sometimes thought himself to be Bruce Wayne.  He just didn't have the suit or the car....'Chicks dig the car.'  He thought to himself.  He didn't outright lie, he didn't tell the whole truth either.  He wasn't the billionaire playboy most thought he was...ok he wasn't a playboy at least.  "Oh wow...that is some resume!  I am glad you were...are a survivor.  I am truly proud of you for sure.  Thank you for sharing that with me.  I am a business man now."  He felt a bit bad about not trusting her when she was so truthful.  He did give her more after all.  He didn't tell her his last name yet so there was that. 

His gaze fell upon her.  "Show and tell?  I may not have a many as you but a few to play with?"  He said realizing he was willing to spend time with her.  "I am definitely not covered.  Me first or you?  And you sure we can do the unveiling here?  I did sign up for the speed dating event on the way here...sorry I didn't expect to meet anyone at the front door."  He admitted thinking he liked his current find.

Chantarelle

“Just show me what you can. I’ll go first.” She immediately twisted in her chair and used her hands to make any loose hairs were not in the way of the back of her neck. It was her newest marking, an image of a skinny nervous looking rabbit. “It’s my most recent. That’s Fiver. He’s from the book Watership down, I chose him because he reminds me of where I came from. He’s a rather prophetic character in the book, he sees smoke before the fire is even lit. I used to be like that before I escaped the cult.” She turned back to look her company in the eyes. “Your turn.” She was eager to see what body part he exposed to her.

Gannameade

Tagging:  Front Desk, Abby Mentioned Landon

Apollo looked at her and smirked they were really doing this.  He could only assume that she was really interested in him and she didn't do this with everyone.  He was sure that despite what was going on they were going to get to know one another pretty well.  He looked at what she showed him and listened as she was letting him in.  He wasn't sure how to feel about it, not that he minded but to think he was letting her in to a part of his life, told something about him as well.

He unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off leaving him in his white tank top.  The shirt exposed two of his five tattoos.  "The lion is for my spirit animal, I am to be a king.  I am majestic, I am fierce, I am loyal."  He said of his left shoulder.  "The chains around my biceps means I am fettered to my obligations, but I will not let them bind me fully."  He moved to point to them on each side as his eyes met her own.  "Tag."  He said as his gaze met her own.

Chantarelle

She nodded as he showed her his tats and wondered what obligations. She made a note to find out later but right now this was a game she could easily win.
“Well...” she thought for a moment. “My Cameo stretches down to...here.” Abby sat up on her knees to be seen fully above the tabletop as her hands stretched the already loose and lowcut t’shirt neck down below her sternum causing her breasts to swell as they separated for his eyes to feast upon her ornately covered rib cage. “Just a little bit of art, ya know? Doesn’t mean anything...just pretty.” She released the fabric hung just a little lower than before having been stretched out. “Now tell me you have a tramp stamp.” she laughed a little too loudly and watched him in expectation.

Gannameade

Tagging: Abby Dixon

His eyes fell on her as she seemed to eye him as they were practically stripping for one another in a strange bar.  This was heck a crazy and it wasn't even their first..official date.

"That is some cameo."  He moved lift up his shirt on the left side, there were two sets of dates.  Two were full, one was left blank.  "This is my analogue.  My Mother, my Father and my sister who is still alive."  He said she would notice the father date was fairly recent maybe a month or two.  "Yes it is pretty and very..."  He licked his lips.  "..very eye catching.  Well not a tramp stamp but it is not my turn.  Besides do guys have tramp stamps??"  He teased.

Voxy Vae

Name: Merit Santos
Wearing: Shown.
Tagging: Front Desk, Mentioned Katrina, Abby, Apollo, Open

Merit approached the front desk with an old dingy sea-bag heavy on one shoulder and a slightly smaller duffel hanging on the other.  She moved with relative ease in spite of the bulky baggage and seemed in good spirits.  For the most part, she was just happy to be off the camel and on her own two feet again.  That recent development had planted a genuinely warm smile firmly on her lips.

Moving through the small gathering of people near the front desk she worked her way toward check in.  Merits dark eyes lingering on Katrina just long enough for her kryptonite, knockout blondes, to cause a loss of focus, and her luggage to bump and brush a few nearby patrons. “Sorry, sorry.”  She turned, adjusted the bags on her broad tone shoulders and maneuvered them deftly past the remaining people in an unconscious display of strength and grace.

A display that was shattered when the bags landed heavy on the ground upon reaching the check in counter. “Merit Santos, I have a reservation for one of your Residential Suites.”  She smiled as the desk staff greeted her and started her check in processes.  Merit was more excited than she had imagined she would be.  The last place she would have imagined getting a little rest and relaxation was in the middle of the desert.  She spent most of her life on the water but now that she was here Merit was glad she had chosen the destination.  And even though the suite was the smallest Caravanserai had to offer it was more living space than she was used to.  She listened politely as the staff member told her about various features and events but Merits gaze was already scanning the room again.  She glanced curiously at Abby and Apollo, wondering briefly why they were in their various states of undress and quickly deciding she shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.  She grinned and her eyes brightened in polite acknowledgment should her people watching be noticed  It had been some time since she had been around so many people at once, and while that alone was a little intimidating it didn't diminish the excitement of possibility Caravanserai presented.

When the staff member mentioned their speed dating event Merit refocused. "Oh, hell yes.  Sign me up."

Eros

Wearing:
Tagging:  Front Desk, Landon, Merit, Open

Benjamin placed a hand on his stomach as it rumbled again, lips curving up into a sheepish smile as he nodded politely in agreement with the man who had stepped up to the front desk.

“At this precise moment I don't think my stomach is going to be picky about the quality of the food. Although I am fairly certain if the decor is anything to no by it won't be junk.”

In the brief amount of time that had passed since Benjamin's arrival the foyer and front desk had become a whirlwind of activity. Ben smiled sympathetically at the receptionist as he pocketed his passport and wallet with the keycard to his hotel room snugly inside. The poor young woman was alone and had her hands full assisting what was now a cue of guests. Benjamin did not want to monopolise the receptionist and uttered another thanks before taking a few steps back.

The step back was badly timed and Benjamin walked straight into the path of an approaching guest. Jostled to the side by a bag the bottle of water which had been procarelesly in his back pocket now tumbled to the floor. Benjamin cursed beneath his breath and quickly swooped down to retrieve the bottle, thanking his lucky stars he had saved himself further embarrassment by not having it burst open. Ben’s gaze drifted to the guest, who he know realised was in fact a young woman, smiling sheepishly at her.

“Butterfingers…”

I am brave, I am bruised

Voxy Vae

Name: Merit Santos
Wearing: Shown.
Tagging: Front Desk, Benjamin, Open

Quote from: Eros on November 22, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
“Butterfingers…”

It wasn’t until after she heard this that Merit turned her attention to Ben and processed the full scope of their little collision. “Me?” She asked.  Not in an accusatory way but rather a suspiciously playful one as she placed a single finger on her breast bone.  “Or you?” she twisted her wrist and redirected the pointing to Benjamin.  Her tone was so amused, it was almost musical.

Then without waiting for an answer she failed to hold back a smile, nodded and offered a little wink as she declared with utmost certainty. “You.  I’m sure you mean you.  Because I’m obviously more wrecking ball than butterfingers.”  Her tone was still warm and playful and musically amused as she lifted her sunglasses and parked them securely in her dark curly hair.

Merit grinned, unapologetically checked out Ben’s washboard abs, and then offered a genuine apology as she forced her dark eyes back to his own. “Merit Santos.  I am sorry about that.  These bags are out of control.  Honestly its been so long since I’ve been on a trip like this... Well.. I definitely over packed.  You okay?” The tone was still pleasant but the music was gone.  Replaced with warmth and a hint of concern.

Eros

Wearing:
Tagging:  Front Desk, Landon, Merit, Open

It did not escape Benjamin's notice that the young woman stood at the front desk did a sweep of his physique as she introduced herself. Merit had not exactly been subtle about it and the corners of Ben's lips twitched in amusement. Not wanting to be rude, after all manners maketh the man, Benjamin respricated and his gaze roamed over the young woman before settling on Merit’s face. The corners of his mouth pulling up into a broad smile and winking playfully his seal of approval.

“Benjamin Taylor. I am indeed okay but your bags should be registered in as being deadly weapons.”

Teasing an individual right off the bat after the briefest of introductions was not something Benjamin did often but the woman had a displayed a boldness and subtle bubbly humour that he felt comfortable enough to do so. Taking a step towards Merit as he moved himself out of the path of a couple walking across the foyer. Closer to the young woman now Benjamin lifted his hand and extended it towards Merit.

“It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss… Santos?”

Benjamin dilibertaly paused as it was a subtle way of finding out if a woman was single by appearing to check he had heard the name correctly.

I am brave, I am bruised