Stargate Role Playing

Started by Cyclops, November 01, 2010, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops

I know that I really love Stargate but I also know that a lot of others do as well.

So, I'd like to propose a concept here...  We've seen Stargate based on military helping people, now we have in Stargate Universe the "Lost in Space" concept that is quite compelling.  However...  I want to do something a bit different...

Shift in time period...  It is 250 years after Stargate Universe takes place.  The universe is a big place and humans are spread across the galaxy and even into other galaxies.  More than just the Pegasus and Milky Way have been found to have complete Stargate networks.  Some by automated ships like on Destiny, some already long since established.

A commercial ship ends up in a distant galaxy away from other humans.  They set up a flesh-trade, some slaves, some prostitutes, etc..

I would like to explore this concept in one-on-one as well as group, so I'm going to post this in both areas and see which pops first.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

kaz

I love Stargate, this could be good fun.  I will certainly keep a watch on this :)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Kate

HairyHeretic

Sounds like something that would fit a minor Goa'ould, rather than the Stargate types :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

bigdean777

LOVES Stargate!  Wants to hear more.

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

Love Stargate. Please keep me informed!
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Cyclops

Hello all, I have been a bit busy for a few days with school...

Alright, so there is plenty of interest here and that makes me very happy. :)

So...  To address the one issue of the g'ould....  Yes, it is more like them, but I want to be more human about it, I want to have the game explore the places the human mind and spirit goes toward this darker side of our nature.

So...  Here is the basic list of characters I'm looking for...

A CEO and his 2nd.
2 'Chasers' (basically security, they keep the 'assets' in line)
2 'Catchers' (they go after new 'assets')

That is 6 people, I am open to suggestion though.  Thoughts?
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Kate

It does seem more like we are Goa'oulds though (Which i would be happier playing)

or something that isn't stargate but we somehow stole a gate or ship or something.

I adore playing a dominate hermaphrodite characters, if that is ok for all then I dont mind other particulars but if it ew's anyone out then i will pass and let others enjoy it without me :) witout taking any offence)

bigdean777

I would like to put dibs in on being one of the catchers.  Will follow up with a profile later.

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

If nobody would mind, I think it would be cool to be the 2IC. Personally, I like the human concept more than G'oald, because they have more depth and its something everyone can channel a bit easier. I like sci-fi, but I prefer to play nearly human characters.
“I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.”
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Cyclops

I agree, I think humans have more than enough room to be evil, sick bastards.  Look at the entire history of medieval religions for proof of that.

Kate

fair enough and cold - dont mind if your 2ic

Cyclops

Alright...  So we need a cast list...

Give me a basic idea on what people want to play...

DuhMan

I'm interested in playing. I used to watch Stargate all the time. Though I only have one original character at the moment.

Lotusgirl

Since I like the Stargate series I might be interested too.

But am I correct, the players are the members of the commercial ship, right?  Or are there other groups of playable characters too? (Like the mentioned slaves and prostitutes, etc.)

Cyclops

Either set of roles are available.  Which would you prefer to be?

Kate

i will be an archelogists / effectively female equivelent of daniel jackson
if that is ok - if we have more than one in this role i think its ok.

(So i can understand strange artifacts read strange languges etC)

RubySlippers

Mercenary with her own not so state of the art but customized gateship, a Russian-made older model modified up kind of like anything Russian tough as hell to damage with simple elegance and nicely armed. Hired as security for the main ship and to scout but now she gets to have fun.  ;D

Its 250 years in the future I think Earth should make some nice ships by now.

Lotusgirl

Quote from: Titanshadow"Either set of roles are available. Which would you prefer to be?"

I would like to play an independent bounty hunter (on a planet or with her own small ship) who is hired to bring back those who manage to escape the "Chasers" or when a local scout is needed to assist with the capturing of new "assets".

But since I just saw that Ruby Slippers wants to play something similar, I can play a member of some planet's ruling class who is captured and trained to become a prostitute.

Cyclops

I like that...  Alright so...

We have a bounty hunter, a captured ruler, and an archeologist...  We'll need a few other roles I think...

Anyone else?

ColdBloodedJellyDoughnut

The second in command and head of security. Tough and smart, but plays the fool to the commanding officer to hide her intentions of taking over the business for herself.
Ernest Hemingway
O/Os**A/As

Cyclops

OH, nice and treacherous...  I definitely like!

DuhMan

Quote from: titanshadow on November 25, 2010, 01:10:47 PM
I like that...  Alright so...

We have a bounty hunter, a captured ruler, and an archeologist...  We'll need a few other roles I think...

Anyone else?

I have a character who does just about any kind of mercenary work, so she can be either a catcher or a chaser.

Cyclops

Sounds good, I can hang with that.

Kate

Name: (Dr) Abby Teeler
Role : Archeologist (Daniel Jackson style knowledge)
Skills : Alien cultures and language.
Sexuality : Bi (domme)
Main character traits: Figity, impatient, crudely-perverted

Background

Abby was a single child from a non-loving family that may as well have been absent. She grew up with considerable money but has more than her fair share of social issues that makes her find integrating into her own culture close to impossible.  Catering for this weakness she burred herself in the culture of other worlds which her own mind found refuge in. Over years this became less an academic pursuit and more perverted a insatiable hunger to know the strange sexuality practices, customs, body changes or ritual effects other non-world races have.

She is consumed with the belief that adopting the more extreme practices or changes she has read of could improve the world and secretly seeks to create more obvious and defined sexual roles of people in general.
Obtaining artifacts that could aid or enforce these views would be things she would be willing to kill over, and rumors of gaining one something she could easily be bribed for.

The idea of others wearing collars or having obvious characteristics concerning sexual organs to imply this is one she often suggests (must to the annoyance of others hearing it many times before).

To her, situations that are highly confusing or heated could easily be solved by everyone adopting her values.