Latest RP ideas (Multiple; seeking female characters)

Started by Arlyn, December 01, 2009, 12:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

Hello to those who don't know me and those that may remember me.  Perhaps I might interest you who have entered this thread for the sake of knowledge, to learn what I might be seeking within the various realms of role-play that I have not truly ventured within for a while.  Well, I shall not keep you waiting long to discover what it is that I am now hoping to find within this message board.

Something I should mention is that I enjoy playing as a character that has lost a sense.  Being blind, or mute, is something I like to give my characters because the situations become more interesting to me.  It's not always required, of course, and can be difficult to work into a non-modern setting (sci-fi and magic settings do feature various possibilities for bypassing such handicaps after all).  I also prefer to play a human or some sort of half-human (such as a half elf, etc) in what I do play.  Again, this isn't all that I'm willing to play, just something I'm comfortable with.  I do enjoy anime-styled settings, though not typically 'canon' ones- I like my original characters.

Possible settings

Space Swept

• Plot: Aliens have come to Earth!  The problem is... they come in peace?  The goal of the aliens is to share worlds with the humans of Earth, and those who have wanted more space to breathe and live jump at the chance.  The problem is that it can take years to reach the destination of known habitable planets that are nearby, and can take even longer to arrive at a newly discovered habitable one.  But for many human families, the ability to start over is always a strong urge... This would probably be a Light-Exotic RP.  What I'd like is to have my human character meet up with and befriend one of the aliens.  It doesn't have to become sexual, but the Light-Exotic would cover that possibility anyway.
  • Wanted: The aliens could be just about anything, but I would recommend having them be humanoid.  Possibilities could be any of the more human-looking aliens from Star Wars or Star Trek type series or anything in between.  There could be more than one alien race, but first contact would likely be made by aliens that more closely resemble humans.  Of course, once gaining access to space, the universe is the limit.

High School Reformed

• Plot: It's been about thirty years since the barriers between worlds was taken down.  While Earth is the middle of the three planes, where the others may meet, this meant that the two planes of existence directly above and below Earth gained access to it.  A brief two year war erupted between the upper and lower planes and Earth was directly in the middle- though the newcomers did attempt to keep the humans out of the fighting, the fighting spilled into human areas and wound up destroying numerous large cities and wreaked havoc with families across all the human nations.  Their magic made things even worse, typically destructive and widespread spells (which explains destroyed cities and homes all over the place).  The war was ended through mediation by the humans of Earth and integration of the two world between them and earth began.  Now, despite racial tensions and anger towards the newcomers for the lost loved ones during the war, people must learn to live with one another again.
  • Wanted: I'd like to make this a modern/fantasy kind of setting, honestly.  The school in question is one that accepts all races to it, provided that they do not use magic spells for attack.  The 'newcomers' to earth could be anything- the successors to deities, demons, mythological races, etc.  I would expect that they would've evolved from their classical brethren (elves, dwarves, centaurs, dragons, lamia, etc) in some manner, which would make them a bit different from what we might be used to seeing used in most places around here.  My character would be a high schooler, likely a sophomore or a junior that has just transferred in from a segregated school (his parent's choice until the economy went sour, at which point it was more affordable public schooling for him).  I'd like to have him meet up with, perhaps partnering with a 'Newcomer' (I think that'll be a decent generic term).  I'm quite interested to see how others might see the fantasy races evolve.

Fantasy Land

• Plot: When war comes to the living realm for the first time, it is not the youngest race, but the eldest, and it is at this time when the first true 'world war' takes place.  Elves, who have long since lived with nature, some have decided live above it rather than with it, in a similar yet more significant manner than humans do.  The Natural Elves (think Wood Elves) and Dark Elves (elves that live amongst the edges of deserts and mountains) who still live with nature must protect themselves from the High Elves (who think themselves above other races, and even above their own elven cousins).  Drawing upon alliances with the Dwarves, Titans (hill giants), and the Centaurs, the High Elves stand poised and ready to sweep over and subjugate the other races, regardless of being a part of those who resist their rule or not.
  • Wanted: Rebellion!  The Dark Elves are not like the Drow (they are the precursor.  In several settings, there is a war between elves and a rebellious faction of elves that drive the rebellious ones underground so that they do become drow.  Instead, in this setting, this has not even happened yet and may not, for that matter).  They are more like elves who are rougher, stronger, and more adaptable than the High Elves.  As one of two parts of the main resistance to the High Elves, the two races must join together and forge alliances with other races- humans, avians, lamia, and perhaps even demons or deities- in order to survive.  Though humans are perhaps in the bronze age in terms of technology, the Elves are all of the Iron Age in comparison, with the other species littered somewhere generally in between.  This could very well be an NC-setting.

Pre-created settings- Keep in mind that I prefer to play original characters, and not actually play as a 'canon' character within these various settings if I can at all help it.

Video Game Settings

• Shin Megami Tensei: The world is coming to an end... though perhaps no one knows it.  Demons, deities, and anything from mythology in between the two categories are suddenly appearing, attacking humans, and it's up to those who can defend themselves to do so.  There are some last fortresses of human superiority, especially along the military, but there are rumors of someone providing humans with the power to defend themselves... something decidedly -not- technological.
  • Suikoden: This takes place in the Queendom of Falena  (Yes, I said Queendom.  This is -not- a typo) about five years after the 'civil war'.  The Dawn and Dusk runes are returned to their resting places, this time in the castle.  But on the waters of the Falenas, small time 'river' pirates begin to thrive and strike out at various villages and towns.  When they finally go ahead and destroy Lordlake, it's time for the Falena's guards to deal with them.  But will it be the Dragon Horse Cavalry or the Falenan army that  finally takes care of them, or perhaps just some remnant Stars of the civil war, returning to flush out and stop the pirates?
  • Please Teacher: Alien beings are coming to Earth, not to invade... but to observe and live amongst humans!  Taking human form in order to fit in (this may be a result of genetic reconstruction, or bio-suits such as cybernetics so they can exist among humans), they often find themselves in various small towns and cities to both avoid detection and be able to get a good 'view' of the lifestyles of the humans.  However, one young man will stumble upon one of these aliens and their lives will soon be in jeopardy if anyone discovers that they know that one of them isn't human.  The 'enforcers' are the galactic union's authority upon Earth, and will do everything they can to make sure that their agents aren't discovered by earthlings (the person discovered may even be one of the enforcers!).
  • Naruto: Warning!  I will -not- play as a canon character in this setting.  Also, as I don't really care for -anything- in Shipuuden (and I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong), nothing that happens in Shipuuden will be needed for use with the characters in this setting.  You can consider the time Naruto comes back to Konoha with Jiraiya to be a blank slate.  There is more to living in Konoha than merely working with and among shinobi.  However, I must admit that I am quite interested in the different clans of the series.  Shall we play off the clans in some way?  What would it take for a non-clan shinobi to become accepted by a fully recognized, large clan?  Or even a smaller one?

Other Settings

• Star Wars: The force, though strong throughout the years, wanes throughout the formation of the Empire.  The Jedi, all but extinct by the time the rebellion comes into its own, do have one small safety zone, one that was kept hidden from any and all within the universe- and the only remaining hint of their last training ground died with Alderaan.  On the fringes of the Outer Rim, there remains a single planet, a secret kept from the oldest days of the Old Republic, of one of the Jedi's older training centers.  Does it truly exist?  It just might.
  • Marvel: Life is a funny thing.  But mutations are no laughing matter when they can make you both feared and loved in less than minutes.  When others revel in the fact that their powers give them superiority over normal humans, what about those who just wish they could live with the normal humans without being in fear for their very lives?  Sometimes, the best gift is simply to be with family and friends... but even then, there is the lingering doubt in your mind, the flashes of danger that anything and everything could happen in an instant, striking down at you without regard for the wellfare of others nearby.  That, perhaps, is what it means to be a Mutant within the Marvel universe.

Are you interested still?  Please, either PM me or post a reply here if you see anything that strikes your fancy.  Also, you may wish to check my ons and offs as well.  Thank you.
[/list]

Drako

*Bounces up and down happily* I very rarely come across people who present ideas that openly say 'You can play a furry/anthro/shape shifter.

That being said, Space Swept, High School Reformed and possible Naruto seem like fun ideas.

ShamshielDF

High school, reformed and Star Wars both sound interesting to me ^_^
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Niki315

I'm interested in your Snih Megami Tensei rp.  I've played Nocturne and watched a friend play through some of Digital Devil Saga, plus I've seen a lot from the other SMT games.  I'm most familiar with Nocturne so I would probably be most interested in that one.  What do you think?

Haibane

I've always liked Onegai Teacher! Mainly because Mizuho Kazami is just delicious.

I would love to play that character at some point... perhaps we could discuss fitting her into a canon or non-canon setting?

Lady Sakura

I've always loved Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins. They were great animes.

However, I'm really interested in the Shin Megami Tensei plot.

It seems to be related to Persona? Or Demon Summoners? If anything I really really want it where you're using an Envoker to shot yourself in the head. That got me every time :D. Please PM me if you're interested. I really love a dark story and Shin Megami Tensei can be pretty dark.

Arlyn

The Naruto setting is taken- waiting for responses back on others, however.