Sailor Moon/Marvel group roleplay recruitment (Need Sailor Jupiter before start)

Started by LamentingQuill, July 26, 2013, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Quote from: MaiMizzu on July 31, 2013, 07:00:00 PM
Is Sailor Jupiter still available? I think i'd be interested!

Im not positive but I believe she is still available.

MaiMizzu

Sorry, but I've kind of changed my mind about this after giving it some thought. Very sorry...
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Kristen

Hello everyone.

I've been thinking about dropping my name in the hat in this one so to speak in terms of providing a planetary 'menace' for the heroes/sailor warriors. As I'm actually not familiar about the sailor squad ... at all aside from a handful of episodes I saw when I was a girl (if anyone remembers the 'Doom and Gloom' girls that were recruited to divide and conquer? hehe... yeah... that's about the era of sailor moon where I saw a few episodes.)

Of course, in regards to Marvel... I know a bit of what I've seen in regards to movies or a few shows but again... fairly limited knowledge in the subject (While I could certainly find an interest in looking it up...)

Normally I would avoid joining a group RP where I know so little about it, especially when cannon characters are so keenly 'familiar' to the players taking an interest. In this particular case... one remark that has me scratching the side of my jaw and wondering why not apply for an alien race aspect is this particular definition put forth by Quill...

A race of aliens is heading for Earth, aliens with a habit of swiftly consuming all resources on the planet they find and killing all inhabitants before they leave to find their next victim planet.
Both the Sailor Soldiers and the Marvel heroes are alerted to the threat and band together for the common cause of protecting the planet they love... perhaps even finding some romance along the way...

Quill... Dane... As it's been made clear the selection for the leader will be a little more particular in terms of the direction you go... I am going to send a PM to each of you. It's almost going to be a 'marketing ad agency' pitch for an idea for an enemy race that I'm thinking would fit these terms quite interestingly.

As the alien-invader role of an all-consuming-race is the only part of this I'd really be able to play with any level of 'true' understanding, that's the only role I'll apply for. If it turns out to be something that goes against the direction you'd like to take it, then let me know. I'm not considering a very 'emotional' or 'angry' alien race so much as one that's developed and evolved beyond what they were 'supposed' to be. Once useful for serving their 'home planet' highly evolved and intelligent inhabitants... a triggered event brings them to become an incredible menace.

Anyway... I'd love to private message you guys the pitch because the idea is that if I put it here, I don't want to discourage someone else from putting up their own alien race or menace idea. I don't want people who've joined the RP but might not like the idea to decide to leave it or (someone else not to join it...) on account of not liking the idea for this race.

For that reason... I'm going to PM both of the GMs first... and if they like it then I am more than happy to come back here and paste the pitch :)

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

LamentingQuill

Before anyone gets excited, Kristen gave me a message saying you she has withdrawn her interest. She likes the story, just doesn't have the time.

insaneplots

I haven't withdrawn mine and await an answer for my initial question. otherwise if the listed characters of choice are not approved I'll go for everyone's favorite wall crawler

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on July 31, 2013, 09:17:22 PM
Color me intrigued and curious. Huge marvel and wildstorm.

With how often they have been crossed over and there is no clear idea which verse they would belong to what are you opinions for members of Gen13 or DV8?

In particular i'm thinking Grunge, Burnout, Powerhause, frostbite or even despite being a female role's Sublime or Fairchild

I'm very intrigued by Burnout :)

Did you have a favorite?

insaneplots

Out of them all burnout, powerhause and sublime would be favorites I've even been known if the GM allows to multi character play.

Out the those three I could see sublime having fun with taking out the aliens. She's similar in power set to Shadow cat in that she phase shifts her density, but she has the power to reverse the shift to not only reduce and phase threw but increase becoming diamond hard. In that form she is physically near indestructible,

And powerhause would have Synergy with Hulk. He's an empathic syphon he feeds on emotional energy like rage, anxiety... ect. he then converts that emotional energy into mass growing so when hulk.. gets mad powerhause gets a bash buddy that keeps him big and able to smash.

And Burnout would be more for flavor his power set is similar to the human torch but his personality is a bit more mellow, rocker type.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 04:18:01 PM
Out of them all burnout, powerhause and sublime would be favorites I've even been known if the GM allows to multi character play.

Out the those three I could see sublime having fun with taking out the aliens. She's similar in power set to Shadow cat in that she phase shifts her density, but she has the power to reverse the shift to not only reduce and phase threw but increase becoming diamond hard. In that form she is physically near indestructible,

And powerhause would have Synergy with Hulk. He's an empathic syphon he feeds on emotional energy like rage, anxiety... ect. he then converts that emotional energy into mass growing so when hulk.. gets mad powerhause gets a bash buddy that keeps him big and able to smash.

And Burnout would be more for flavor his power set is similar to the human torch but his personality is a bit more mellow, rocker type.

We will go with Burnout, he avoids the over powered risk the most.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

Not to burst your bubble, but the Sublime you're talking about is a DC hero :P Wildstorm is a DC brand.

As of right now, I'm inclined to say we should stick to Earth-616 and Earth-199999 characters, which are the mainstream and movie verses of marvel

Powerhouse you could play if you wanted

Burnout is as far as I remember DC too

Quote from: insaneplots on August 03, 2013, 10:00:55 PM
I haven't withdrawn mine and await an answer for my initial question. otherwise if the listed characters of choice are not approved I'll go for everyone's favorite wall crawler

The wall crawler though is available :D and as Tony, I could give you the Iron Spidey suit
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 04, 2013, 04:28:05 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but the Sublime you're talking about is a DC hero :P Wildstorm is a DC brand.

As of right now, I'm inclined to say we should stick to Earth-616 and Earth-199999 characters, which are the mainstream and movie verses of marvel

Powerhouse you could play if you wanted

Burnout is as far as I remember DC too

The wall crawler though is available :D and as Tony, I could give you the Iron Spidey suit

This is why Dane is my Marvel expert ^.^

insaneplots

That was why I asked first and for most before say I want to play as; cause wildstorm long ago before being bought and owned by DC has on numerous occasions did crossover both DC and Marvel I have the Gen-13 Fantastic four cross overbook. Where we find out Queelock is a girl.

However, allowing one character from a Comic while denying another from the same sounds a bit off. both powerhaus(hector Morales) and Sublime (Rachel Goldman) were from DV8 originally. There recent incarnations from the new 52 i haven't read up on.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
That was why I asked first and for most before say I want to play as; cause wildstorm long ago before being bought and owned by DC has on numerous occasions did crossover both DC and Marvel I have the Gen-13 Fantastic four cross overbook. Where we find out Queelock is a girl.

However, allowing one character from a Comic while denying another from the same sounds a bit off. both powerhaus(hector Morales) and Sublime (Rachel Goldman) were from DV8 originally. There recent incarnations from the new 52 i haven't read up on.

Ahh, that powerhaus >.< I gotta reread those comics at some point! Anyway! got plenty of other characters to pick from... if you want to, I could really use both a Dr. Strange, a Spider-Man, Professor Xavier, Namor and Mr. Fantastic >.< I need more scientific people

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 04, 2013, 05:24:48 PM
Ahh, that powerhaus >.< I gotta reread those comics at some point! Anyway! got plenty of other characters to pick from... if you want to, I could really use both a Dr. Strange, a Spider-Man, Professor Xavier, Namor and Mr. Fantastic >.< I need more scientific people

You've got Sailor Mercury, don't forget her ;)

Wajin

Quote from: LamentingQuill on August 04, 2013, 05:31:03 PM
You've got Sailor Mercury, don't forget her ;)

Okay, okay, I'll say it... I need more of Stark's friends <.<

insaneplots

LamentingQuill

LamentingQuill

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
you mean the illuminati.

doesn't have to be Illuminati <.< the obvious choice, but it doesn't have to be.... but Illuminati would be nice

insaneplots

I think just to make it easier spiderman. The animated ultimate version where he has shield tech and has use the iron spider armor.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:43:34 PM
I think just to make it easier spiderman. The animated ultimate version where he has shield tech and has use the iron spider armor.

I'll allow it since he's used the same tech in 616, and I'm pretty sure I like the Animated Ultimate than I like the current comic storyline <.<

insaneplots

I would watch it if you can. Lot of breaking the 4th wall and chibi-ish humor. My favorite line was from the spiderpig episode.

Thor: "For asgard... For ham!!" While protecting spiderman turned into spiderpig by a cursed hotdog given to him by loki.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:43:34 PM

Alright, dear. I will write you down as Spiderman.

LamentingQuill

Marie Reynolds

Sorry I have been quite, I have been putting out fires caused by my Personal Star Scream aka Navy Federal. I am still interested and I hope to have my character sheet done eventually.