[Shadowlight] D&D 5E Twin Campaigns - Opposing Parties - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, January 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Tentative interest. Not sure about whether I'd want to go White Hat or Black Hat--I'd be happy either way. But I'm leaning to Druid as a class, haven't yet thought on race yet. If I can think of a decent concept, I'll send one in. Hopefully I'll be able to have time to sit and think on a good character idea to offer. :-)

Wispyr

Quote from: Phaia on January 29, 2017, 06:00:23 PM
The only things from UA I would be interested in are some of the spells listed?

My idea is a rogue-arcane Trickster/wizard that is a white hat?

Phaia
We can definitely take a look at that once we get to the character building stage of things. Primarily focused on classes and concepts at this point. That said spells really shouldn't be an issue to incorporate. :)

Quote from: Blythe on January 29, 2017, 06:04:09 PM
Tentative interest. Not sure about whether I'd want to go White Hat or Black Hat--I'd be happy either way. But I'm leaning to Druid as a class, haven't yet thought on race yet. If I can think of a decent concept, I'll send one in. Hopefully I'll be able to have time to sit and think on a good character idea to offer. :-)
Woooooooooot. Welcome!

Wispyr

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 29, 2017, 06:09:26 PM
I'm writing up a Triton Bard/Sorcerer for the black hats, for what it's worth. :)
Oooh. Triton's! Fuuun. Excited to see... Her? Him? FISH!

Wispyr

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 29, 2017, 06:12:40 PM
I ran into a question though, where should black hat characters end up physically wise? Where is Mr. Tannik running his operation from? Or does it matter?
For the purposes of the initial story, both groups will be starting localized in the area of Eodin. So plan to begin group play there, and have some time in your story dedicated to arriving there and what not.

shmone else

Reading through stuff now while I'm at dinner, but what's a face-claim (as opposed to an illustration)?

Cataclysmic Archangel

AndyZ

shmone else, I was in a game once where two people were both using pictures of Elisha Cuthbert for their characters, and they weren't even related.  You can see how this breaks fourth wall.

It's just a nice way of calling dibs for a picture claim.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

shmone else

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 29, 2017, 06:16:58 PM
actor to represent you.
Quote from: AndyZ on January 29, 2017, 06:18:17 PM
shmone else, I was in a game once where two people were both using pictures of Elisha Cuthbert for their characters, and they weren't even related.  You can see how this breaks fourth wall.

It's just a nice way of calling dibs for a picture claim.

Aha! Okay. I've got a huge collection of character art anyway so that's what I'd be more likely to go with, but it's the terminology I was unfamiliar with. Thanks!

AndyZ

It's much less of a worry for people who use artwork and such.  Quite welcome, though ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 29, 2017, 06:09:26 PM
I'm writing up a Triton Bard/Sorcerer for the black hats, for what it's worth. :)
Black hats! 8-)

I'm thinkin' kooky yet oddly charming Elf Warlock. He'll have grand goals...that I can't think of just yet >.>

Lockepick

Hello! Posting interest here.

Is there any chance we could get a compilation somewhere of current concepts submitted and/or ideas interested? I seem to see there are conversations happening via PM already, so I figured that would be more up to date than trying to compile what is in the thread.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Wispyr

Quote from: Lockepick on January 29, 2017, 07:11:11 PM
Hello! Posting interest here.

Is there any chance we could get a compilation somewhere of current concepts submitted and/or ideas interested? I seem to see there are conversations happening via PM already, so I figured that would be more up to date than trying to compile what is in the thread.
Currently the only officially submited concept is a Tiefling Paladin. That said, I'll update my GM notes with the information that I've picked out from conversations that I know are being had currently.

Elysian Radiance

White hat.

Human barbarian. Or elven caster of some variety. But more than likely the barbarian.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Wispyr

Player

Race

Class

Group
Arcannyx

Tiefling

Warlock3/Paladin2

White Hat
MiraMirror

Aasimar, Protector

Monk

White Hat
Dominique

Aasimar, Fallen

Barbarian

Black Hat
RedPhoenix

Triton

Bard3/Sorcerer2

Black Hat
Blythe

Elf, Dark

Druid

Black Hat
Zaer Darkwail

Half Orc

Fighter

Black Hat
Zaer Darkwail

Human

Bard/Paladin

White Hat

This is the list so far as I have, and I am aware of. I'll update it as more submissions come in. It's posted in the GM notes section of the thread.

CeruleanSerenity

Mainly considering a cleric right now, and looking over Faerun deities to ponder concepts... is there an official domain list for Sharess anywhere? Domain tends to influence my cleric concepts, and she's the only one I've looked into but not been able to find that for.

Countdown0

Got my Human Fighter who thinks he's better than everyone ready. Could be White Hat or Black Hat, just depends on numbers honestly, since I'm quite happy to play other either side of the moral coin :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Wispyr

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on January 29, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
Mainly considering a cleric right now, and looking over Faerun deities to ponder concepts... is there an official domain list for Sharess anywhere? Domain tends to influence my cleric concepts, and she's the only one I've looked into but not been able to find that for.
Shar's domains are Death & Trickery. If you have access to the PHB, the Faerun pantheon is listed in the "Gods of the Multiverse" chapter, and their associated domains are listed on the table. :D

Edit: it occurs to me you meant actually share, not Shar. Let me see if I can find one.

Edit 2: http://blog.onslow-web.co.uk/5e/appendices/gods.html has the faerun pantheon with the domains.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on January 29, 2017, 07:30:33 PM

Well, clerics in 5th edition pick just one domain which will be source of any individual flavor for clerics besides basic class features which they get. Below is link to useful blog which assigns 5th DnD domains to each deity;

http://blog.onslow-web.co.uk/5e/appendices/gods.html

From there Sune's domains would be Life and Light, however considering Sharess origins and her nature, I would add in Trickery to her domain lists instead Light.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Wispyr on January 29, 2017, 07:34:31 PM
Shar's domains are Death & Trickery. If you have access to the PHB, the Faerun pantheon is listed in the "Gods of the Multiverse" chapter, and their associated domains are listed on the table. :D
I meant Sharess, the goddess of passion with the confusingly similar name... unless they're actually the same deity. I admit I'm not very familiar with the history of Forgotten Realms.

EDIT: Whoops, just saw that you noticed that already... sorry about that.

Wispyr

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on January 29, 2017, 07:38:36 PM
I meant Sharess, the goddess of passion with the confusingly similar name... unless they're actually the same deity. I admit I'm not very familiar with the history of Forgotten Realms.
Yea. I got you. I'm just derpy. Typing too many things all at once while also considering what to do for dinner. xD The linked list in my above post has the information you're looking for.

Zaer Darkwail

Shar tried seduce Sharess into dark side with her (and part succeeded) but Sune rescued Sharess and converted her over to her side. It's quite confusing really name wise but they are two different gods for sure.

Wispyr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 29, 2017, 07:40:11 PM
Shar tried seduce Sharess into dark side with her (and part succeeded) but Sune rescued Sharess and converted her over to her side. It's quite confusing really name wise but they are two different gods for sure.
For the purposes of Shadowlight, none of the Faerun diety canon applies. Just as a random heads up.

That is, they are who they are. And general associations still apply. But the major divine events of the Faerun setting have not taken place in Juneeha.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Wispyr on January 29, 2017, 07:39:41 PM
Yea. I got you. I'm just derpy. Typing too many things all at once while also considering what to do for dinner. xD The linked list in my above post has the information you're looking for.
Don't worry, I've been pretty mixed up myself... I just made an edit to my last post correcting myself too late too. But anyway.

The link above doesn't have information for Sharess, and she isn't listed in the Player's Handbook either. But f I played a cleric of Sharess, I would probably want to take either Light or Life if those are options, same with Sune.

I don't have anything decided yet, though... just looking over options for now.

Wispyr

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on January 29, 2017, 07:46:41 PM
The link above doesn't have information for Sharess, and she isn't listed in the Player's Handbook either. But f I played a cleric of Sharess, I would probably want to take either Light or Life if those are options, same with Sune.
Interessssting. Give me a bit and I'll see what I can track down. That's very odd.

shmone else

I know a distressingly large amount of Forgotten Realms lore because I have a friend who is, hmm. A bit obsessed with it. :P Her domains don't really translate well into the 5e list since she's more or less the god of sex, but Trickery and possibly Life would be the best matches I believe. I don't think anything that's come out in UA would work better either, but I don't track UA stuff that closely.