Battle of the Bands (Pathfinder)

Started by Foxfyr, June 04, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

So. My character is done and posted with where I put my info.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Ladie, ladies, you could be double performing and no doubt the crowd would love cat fight between a demon and a angel (or well, celestial blooded) on stage ;). Musical performance wise that is. But bonus for Nicci for linking Nightwish (my favorite gothic metal band and been fan to them for years)! Marco Hietala would definately be half-orc in fantasy setting and plan take lots inspiration from him in music wise! Also yeah, despite pic in below my half-orc sports similar double braided beard on his chin like Marco. But otherwise looks same as in pic.

Name: Gurdick Bloodhowl
Sex: Male
Race: Half-Orc (Skilled and Sacred Tattoo's)
Class: Savage Skald
Instrument: Preferred; Electric axe-guitar, singing and drums (secondary)
Personality: Gurdick is easy going, charismatic and aggressively socially engaging orc who does not just lure people to have fun...he would grab them, drag on stage and rock with him and have fun and thrill of the stage and this push his audience in glorious frenzy! He comes from long lineage of warsingers, warchanters and he is proud of his ancestry and his family's talent in inspiring warriors or warrior spirit on anyone (even to non-orcs). But even if he is musician, he is proud warrior as well and he carries his orcish ancestry with pride (even if more tribal orcs would think him softie because of his half-human heritage and that he had lived in city and is second generation half-orc).

He is highly competitive soul, seeking test himself constantly in challenges may they be any; prowess in bed, drinking, in music, in combat. Any aspects of life. He seeks to win the epic bardic competition to promote half-orc performers as more often than not they are shunned and believed that the half-orcs have no sense for music, poetry or art in general. He wants prove them all wrong! He is not satisfied if he cannot brutally slaughter and beat down that misconception! Make the former disbelievers wail in lament in shattering of their illusion!

Sexual Preferences: He has the typical orcish preference; heterosexual with leanings to well figured women.
Band Name Idea(s): Heaven&Abyss (after lead singer duo), We Rock Eternity, Blood War (the name of planar conflict, fits for two lead singer idea), Gossamer Axe (good name + nice quote :))

Foxfyr

Quote from: Phaia on June 06, 2014, 12:18:12 AM
Perfom really needs not to be general so we dont trip over each other with our perfom skills!

Phaia

That's why in the character sheet I mentioned up to three preferred instruments in descending want and I believe I mentioned you didn't have to settle on a perform skill until the band is chosen. ;)

Ghostwheel

Concept 1:

Name: Malkut
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Summoner
Instrument: Management, Bass, Guitar
Personality: While Malkut does not actually play in the band, his multi-armed eidolon can play multiple chords at the same time giving the band a unique feel. Malkut, on the other hand, is a shrewd customer, always being one step ahead of the band's competitors, and always bargaining for the best price whenever they go to do gigs. He also makes sure that everything is in place; they have the right kind of location, acoustics, the stage is set up correctly, and far, far more, so much so that few in the band realize just how much work he actually does behind the scenes to allow them to get up there and play their best.
Sexual Preferences: Omnisexual

Concept 2:

Name: Gevurah
Race: Human
Class: Oracle (of METAL!) / Barbarian
Instrument: Bass, Guitar, Vocals
Personality: Life, the universe, and everything was made so that METAL can exist in the world. If it is not METAL then it is worthless. METAL is not a type of music, but a state of mind. You could play classical music and still be the most METAL person in the world. It's about being awesome in the most METAL way possible. It's about living your life, devoid of what others tell you. It's about following your most METAL dreams and making them come true. That is METAL. If everyone could be METAL, the whole world would be a far better place. His job, then, is to spread METAL throughout the universe.
Band Name Idea(s): UMLAUT

Concept 3:

Name: Yipyip
Race: Kobold
Class: Gunslinger / Magus
Instrument: Drums, Xylophone, Triangle, Buttmonkey, Cowbell
Personality: Having only been picked up recently by the band, Yipyip is an honorary member due to have been saved from a bunch of ravenous dire rats when she was fleeing from one of the many towns that do not accept kobolds. Since then he's found her way into the heart of some of the band members, and been a sort of mascot. They let him stick around and sometimes hit something during gigs, but mostly he's there for their amusement, and they like to cajole him into carrying equipment like a roadie, but most of it is too heavy for him, causing them to laugh as he desperately tries to do their bidding.

Statblock

Yipyip
Male Kobold Gunslinger (Bushwhacker, Pistolero) 1/Magus (Myrmidarch) 4
N Small humanoid (reptilian)
Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (+3 armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 size)
hp 46 (1d10+4d8+10)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +7 (-2 vs. Charm or Compulsion effects if there's a promise of wealth or power)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +5 (1d3/19-20)
Ranged +1 seeking double-barreled pistol +11 (1d6+1/×4) and
. . pistol +10 (1d6/×4)
Special Attacks spellstrike
Magus (Myrmidarch) Spells Prepared (CL 5th; concentration +8):
. . 2nd—mirror image
. . 1st—expeditious retreat, ray of enfeeblement (DC 14), vanish (DC 14)
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 21, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 9
Base Atk +4; CMB +3; CMD 18
Feats Gunsmithing, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Reload
Traits magical knack, rapid drumming, trap finder
Skills Acrobatics +7, Appraise +6, Climb +2, Craft (alchemy) +7, Disable Device +16, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +13, Perform (percussion instruments) +15, Sense Motive +8, Stealth +17, Use Magic Device +3; Racial Modifiers +2 Acrobatics, +2 Climb, +2 Perception
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Undercommon
SQ arcane pool, deed: gunslinger's dodge, deed: quick clear, grit, power-hungry, prehensile tail, ranged spellstrike, spell combat, trembling grit, deed: up close and deadly, magus arcana (familiar)
Combat Gear wand of infernal healing (40 charges); Other Gear masterwork studded leather, masterwork buckler, +1 seeking double-barreled pistol, alchemical cartridge (paper) (50), dagger (2), pistol, backpack, masterwork, bedroll, belt pouch, blanket, chalk (10), gunsmith's kit, masterwork Drum, sunrod (2), thieves' tools, masterwork, trail rations (10), waterskin, 14 gp, 3 sp
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Alchemical cartridge (paper) - 0/50
Arcane Pool (+1, 5/day) (Su) - 0/5
Dagger - 0/2
Grit (2/day) - 1/3
Sunrod - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/10
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Pool (+1, 5/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Deed: Gunslinger's Dodge (+2 AC) (Ex) Use 1 grit, immediately move 5 ft/drop prone to gain 1x/2x bonus to AC vs ranged attack.
Deed: Quick Clear (Ex) While have grit, remove the effects of a misfire. Use 1 grit to do as move action.
Deliver Touch Spells Through Familiar (Su) Your familiar can deliver touch spells for you.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Familiar Bonus: +3 to Appraise checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Magical Knack (Magus [Myrmidarch]) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Power-Hungry -2 vs. Will saves if the effect's creator promises wealth or power
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Prehensile Tail Tail can draw small objects as a swift action, or a hidden weapon as a move action.
Ranged Spellstrike (Su) Spellstrike can be channeled through ranged attacks.
Rapid Drumming Your early training leading drum circles allows you to use your hand-and-eye coordination when keeping e beat. You may use Dexterity instead of Charisma on Perform (Percussion) checks, and Perform is always a class skill for you.
Rapid Reload (Double-barreled pistol) You can reload fast with one type of Crossbow or Firearm.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.
Spellstrike (Su) Deliver touch spells as part of a melee attack.
Trap Finder Use Disable Device to disarm magic traps, like a rogue.
Trembling Grit (Ex) Gain 1 grit when you reduce a helpless or unaware opponent to 0 or less  HP.
Up Close and Deadly +1d6 At 1st level, when the pistolero hits a target with a one-handed firearm that is not making a scatter shot, she can spend 1 grit point to deal 1d6 points of extra damage on a hit. If she misses with the attack, she grazes the target, dealing half the

--------------------

Jet
Male Raven (Infiltrator)
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +15
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +2 natural)
hp 23 (1d8-1)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6
Defensive Abilities uncanny stealth
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +8 (1d3-4)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 7, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 10
Feats Alertness, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse
Skills Craft (alchemy) -1, Disable Device +5, Fly +6, Knowledge (arcana) -1, Perception +15, Perform (percussion instruments) +3, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +18, Use Magic Device -1
Languages Common
--------------------
Flight (40 feet, Average) You can fly!
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Uncanny Stealth (Ex) Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxfyr

You can reroll that stat line. I'm not comfortable with psionic classes at this point and will have to say no to them as this point.

Ghostwheel

You'll want to do .minroll(2), since what you're doing now has a minimum roll of 1.

ShadowFox89

I'll keep what I have from the second set :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxfyr

I'll give Shadow a bit longer to post a character before I make my decision.

ShadowFox89

Sorry, on Mondays I go to work at 9am and don't get home until 7pm... with no breaks. I'll work up a sheet now, though what is our class setup right now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Here's a list as far as I can see:

Player / Race / Class:

• NicciKotor / Succubus / Bard - Singer
  • who149 / Drow / Cleric - Singer/Guitarist/Bassist
  • Anon315 / Tiefling / Magus - Keyboard
  • Phaia / Aasimar / Bard - Singer, Strings
  • Zaer Darkwail / Half-Orc / Bard (Savage Skald) - Singer/Guitarist/Drums (Secondary)
  • Ghostwheel / Half-Elf / Summoner - Manager/Bassist OR Human / METAL - Bassist/Guitarist/Singer OR Kobold / Buttmonkey - Drums, Percussion, Cowbell

ShadowFox89

I think I'll roll up a ranger, should give some non-magical skills to the group.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

@Loki- Thinking of doing a Ranger, what's the most likely favored enemy I could expect as a bounty huntin' elf ranger/bass guitarist?

edit: and HP rolls hp (3d10.minroll(3)=22)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

I wonder if "Musicians" would count as a favored enemy.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Foxfyr

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 09, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
@Loki- Thinking of doing a Ranger, what's the most likely favored enemy I could expect as a bounty huntin' elf ranger/bass guitarist?

edit: and HP rolls hp (3d10.minroll(3)=22)

I imagine any of the core PC races would be a safe bet in this worldspace would be a safe bet.

Ghostwheel

Updated my previous post with the "position" people are taking in the bad instrument-wise.

Foxfyr

Eh, the instruments of choice are really a guideline; I'm sure somebody who chose one instrument won't mind going with another should there be a conflict.

ShadowFox89

Gonna head off for the night, here's what I currently have for a sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=921284
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

So, Shadow having posted, are results incipient?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Anon315 on June 11, 2014, 01:31:39 PM
So, Shadow having posted, are results incipient?

I'm not fully finished with my sheet and won't be able to work on it all day, as I am working today.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Foxfyr

Sorry for the delay, got caught up at a cookout Tuesday and was incapacitated by the resulting hangover yesterday.  As for the results of who I am selecting:

Nicci – Astarotte the bardic succubus on Vocals
Who149 – Maelneth the cleric drow on Bass
Anon315 – Alexander the kensai tiefling on Keyboard
Ghostwheel – Yipyip the kobold arcane gunslinger on Drums

I know I said I was only looking for 4, but I could not resist the urge to bring in the 5th to keep things interesting.

Phaia – Ahrainna the bardic aasimar on Vocals and Guitar

With the music video battle that took place on this thread, plus the idea of demonic heritage working alongside celestial heritage could make for some very fun interactions and competition.  I intend to have the IC and OOC threads open in the next day or two once time permits.

I also wanted to thank everybody who submitted a character, especially those who didn’t get selected.  If openings arise as a result of dropouts, I will likely contact you to see if you still have interest in playing.

Ghostwheel