Seeking players and a GM for an unusual D&D 3.5 game... [Update: GM found!]

Started by Kunoichi, April 24, 2015, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 17, 2015, 11:01:07 PM
By confusing my dex mod with my cha mod for some reason, fixing it now. . .

Honestly though, Charisma is the only stat that matters, right?  ;D
A&A

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 17, 2015, 11:01:07 PM
By confusing my dex mod with my cha mod for some reason, fixing it now. . .

Ah, I thought it might have had something to do with your Unearthly Grace ability.  I'm guessing that just adds your Charisma modifier to your AC and saves, then?  That and those spell-like abilities seems like a good set of special abilities to add on to your aspect. ^^

Quote from: Re Z L on May 17, 2015, 11:22:34 PM

Which is why your character has such a high strength score, I'm assuming? :P

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on May 17, 2015, 11:22:34 PM

For Atroxica, yes. It does everything, including major defensive power. That reminds me I now have my second special quality written up. need a name for it. . . Basic idea magic is fueled by force of personality and can use that to ravage the bodies of others for increased magic power.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Atroxica may learn individual spells through study but it casts purely through manipulating power with it's own force of personality. Atroxica's spellcasting is entirely based off it's Charisma.   Up to five times per day Atroxica may apply metamagic it knows to a spell by draining life  from  a willing target within 100 ft.  This takes no action as it's part of casting the spell. The constitution damage is equal to the metamagic feats level modification x2. Thus using it with Maximize spell would deal 6 Con damage to Atroxica's ally. Even creatures normally immune to ability damage can suffer the drain upon their bodies if willing, though not on creatures with no con score.
      Atroxica can only apply one metamagic feat this way to the spell cast, though the spell might be augmented with aditional metamagic through other means. If Atroxica tried to do this to someone unwilling the spell is cast normally without the metamagic feat. If for some reason the spell cant be cast normally without the feat (Such as trying to cast a quickened spell after already using a standard action) the action to cast the spell is lost as the spell fizzles. The spell, however, still remains prepared.  This expertise with metamagic has given Atroxica Empower Spell as a bonus feat.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Re Z L

A&A

TheGlyphstone

Never mind, question withdrawn. Not a can of worms I want to open up on reflection.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 17, 2015, 11:28:15 PM
For Atroxica, yes. It does everything, including major defensive power. That reminds me I now have my second special quality written up. need a name for it. . . Basic idea magic is fueled by force of personality and can use that to ravage the bodies of others for increased magic power.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Atroxica may learn individual spells through study but it casts purely through manipulating power with it's own force of personality. Atroxica's spellcasting is entirely based off it's Charisma.   Up to five times per day Atroxica may apply metamagic it knows to a spell by draining life  from  a willing target within 100 ft.  This takes no action as it's part of casting the spell. The constitution damage is equal to the metamagic feats level modification x2. Thus using it with Maximize spell would deal 6 Con damage to Atroxica's ally. Even creatures normally immune to ability damage can suffer the drain upon their bodies if willing, though not on creatures with no con score.
      Atroxica can only apply one metamagic feat this way to the spell cast, though the spell might be augmented with aditional metamagic through other means. If Atroxica tried to do this to someone unwilling the spell is cast normally without the metamagic feat. If for some reason the spell cant be cast normally without the feat (Such as trying to cast a quickened spell after already using a standard action) the action to cast the spell is lost as the spell fizzles. The spell, however, still remains prepared.  This expertise with metamagic has given Atroxica Empower Spell as a bonus feat.

Hmm.  You replaced your innate Druid casting with Archivist casting, correct?  Would you be alright with still having your bonus spells per day based off of your Wisdom score?

As for the name of the special quality, perhaps something along the lines of 'Vampiric Casting' would work?

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: lockepick on May 17, 2015, 07:23:29 PM
It's one of the few Epic Feats that has no requirement that requires being above level 20. I've played in a lot of games that doesn't treat it as Epic because of that.

Fffff, sure. I'm sure everyone who is taking leadership is going to have massive leadership scores, so, might as well, may as well let you take advantage of that.

Re Z L

Made a few updates.

Also a couple questions:  may I change the at-will polymorph for an at-will metamorphosis from the Demon Lord template?  It's a psionic ability.  Similarly I chose a couple of psionic powers for the spell-like ability slots if that's alright.
A&A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Re Z L on May 18, 2015, 01:22:54 AM
Made a few updates.

Also a couple questions:  may I change the at-will polymorph for an at-will metamorphosis from the Demon Lord template?  It's a psionic ability.  Similarly I chose a couple of psionic powers for the spell-like ability slots if that's alright.

I'm going to have to say no, unfortunately.  Psi-like abilities get manifested with as many augmentations as their manifester level will allow, which means that they completely break the curve I put in for the spell-like abilities you get to select for the Demon Lord template.  I'm afraid that this is one of those rare occasions where the psionic system is overpowered compared to the standard magical option. ^^;

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Since it's come up, psionic/magic transparency will be in effect (which is default I think, but just to make sure that's stated).

Re Z L

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 02:14:03 AM
I'm going to have to say no, unfortunately.  Psi-like abilities get manifested with as many augmentations as their manifester level will allow, which means that they completely break the curve I put in for the spell-like abilities you get to select for the Demon Lord template.  I'm afraid that this is one of those rare occasions where the psionic system is overpowered compared to the standard magical option. ^^;

Okie-dokie, easy enough to fix  :)
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Here is my first draft of my sheet. Embodiment of Terror's wording was tweaked as per Kunoichi's suggestion. Tenacious Illusions was rewritten slightly, since I now have the actual Tenacious Magic feat, to make the feat work properly for illusions and increase the DC needed to pierce them by 2.

Character Sheet, Draft One

[Aerophobos, The Doom In The Darkness[/b]
4HD Shadow Creature Sylph Monster of Legend Nightmare Spinner 3/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Shadowcrafter 3/Shadow Adept 1
Size/Type: Small Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Ta'nar'ri)
Hit Dice: 16d8+128 (200 hp)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 55 ft. (9 squares), Fly 120 ft.
Armor Class:    36 (+8 Dex, +1 size, +17 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple:    +16/+18
Attack:    
Full Attack:    
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Embodiment of Terror, Frightful Presence, Inspire Fear, Nightmare Phantasm, Spells, Spell-Like Abilities, Spirit Chill, Summon Elemental, Wild Empathy
Special Qualities: Anathema to the Light, Bonus Spells, Cloak of Shadows, DR 20/Cold Iron, Epic, and Good, Enhanced Shadow Magic, Extended Illusion, Evasion, Fast Healing 2, Flesh of Living Shadow, Immunities, Innate Magic, Reflective Skin,  Resist Acid 10, Resist Fire 10, Resist Cold 15, See In Darkness, Shadow Blend, Shadow Illusion, Shadow Feats, Shadow Mien, Spell Resistance 29, Telepathy 300ft., Tenacious Illusions, Unnatural Aura
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +23, Will +21
Abilities: Str 22 (+6), Dex 26 (+8), Con 27 (+8), Int 20 (+5), Wis 22 (+6), Cha 35, (+12)
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +27, Disguise +33, Hide +29, Intimidate +33, Knowledge: Arcana +24, Knowledge: The Planes +24, Listen +27, Move Silently +27, Sense Motive +27, Spellcraft +24, Spot +27, Use Magic Device +31
Feats: Spell Focus (Illusion), Fel Frighten, Practical Metamagic (Fel Frighten), Rapid Metamagic, Arcane Thesis (Silent Image), Shadow Weave Magic, Improved Initiative(B), Multiattack(B), Greater Spell Focus (Illusion) (B), Dark Speech (B), Tenacious Magic (B), Insidious Magic (B), Pernicious Magic (B)
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Chaotic Evil   
Treasure:    

Description here

Combat
Combat tactics and abilities here.

Special Attacks

Embodiment of Terror (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos does not simply live fear, or project fear - he is fear, and forcing others to experience that fear is one of his most potent defenses. Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor or otherwise called out as being fear effects have their save DCs increased by 2 (stacking with Spell Focus), and such effects are potent enough to affect even targets otherwise immune to fear, though they still receive any saving throw to resist the effect. Only a target whose Hit Dice exceeds his Caster Level by 4 or more is immune to Embodiment of Terror.

Frightful Presence: When Aerophobos makes a threatening, echoing whisper, it inspires terror in all creatures within 20 feet that have fewer Hit Dice or levels than it has. Each potentially affected opponent must succeed at a DC36 Will save or become shaken—a condition that lasts until the opponent is out of range. A successful save leaves that opponent immune to that monster of legend’s frightful presence for 24 hours.

Inspire Fear (Su): 15 times per day, Aerophobos can create a mind-affecting fear effect that makes a living creature within 30ft. ill at ease. The target becomes shaken for 3 rounds, or 2 rounds if they succeed on a DC31 Will Save. Multiple uses of this ability on the same creature don't stack.

Nightmare Phantasm (Su): Up to 15 times per day when Aerophonos casts a figment or glamer spell, he can choose to weave a thread of nightmare phantasm into it as a free action. The spell gains the phantasm descriptor. Each time any enemy attempts a Will save to disbelieve the affected illusion spell, a tiny portion of the spell transforms into a phantasm effect that targets that enemy. The enemy becomes shaken for 1 round (no save). This ability has no other effect on the original spell's duration or effectiveness. No creature can be affected by this nightmare phantasm ability more than once in a 24-hour period. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Spells: Aerophobos casts spells as a 19th level sorcerer.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL16th):
At-Will - astral projection, blasphemy, blacklight, desecrate, detect good, detect law, fear, greater dispel magic, greater invisibility (self only), greater teleport, plane shift, polymorph (self only), telekinesis, unhallow, unholy aura, unholy blight
3/day - armor of darkness, spiritwall, symbol of fear
1/day - permanent image, simulacrum

Spirit Chill (Su): Creatures affected by one of Aerophobos's fear effects take nonlethal damage as well, depending on the potency of the fear created. Any creature that is shaken takes ld6 points of nonlethal damage. A creature that becomes frightened takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage, while a creature that becomes panicked takes 3d6 points of nonlethal damage.

Summon Elemental (Sp): Once per day, Aerophobos can summon an advanced (32HD) elder air, earth, fire, or water elemental with the Demonically Fused Elemental template applied to it. This is the equivalent of a 9th level spell.

Wild Empathy: Aerophobos can attempt to improve the attitude of an animal, as if making a diplomacy check. This requires the same amount of time as needed to use Diplomacy on a humanoid, but Aerophobos rolls 1d20+26 to determine the check result, including the penalty from his Unnatural Aura. He may attempt to use this ability on a Magical Beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 at a -2 penalty.

Special Qualities

Anathema to the Light )Unique) (Ex): Just as Aerophobos is burned by the touch of light, his magic is similarly infused with shadow and suffers when exposed to light. All of his spells and spell-like abilities are considered to have the [Darkness] descriptor for the purpose of being countered or dispelled by a [Light] spell of equal or higher level. This is an exception to the usual rule that spell-like abilities cannot be countered as they are cast.

When exposed directly to natural sunlight or cast in natural sunlight, not merely a Daylight spell, all of Aerophobos's spells suffer a -4 penalty to their caster level, and all opponents receive a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws versus those spells.

Bonus Spells (Ex): Aerophobos gains one extra spell slot of each level, that can only be used to cast an Illusion spell.

Cloak of Shadow (Su): As a free action, Aerophobos can wrap his body in shifting shadows, granting him a 40% miss chance against all attacks directed at him until he dismisses the effect. Any creature capable of seeing through magical darkness can ignore this miss chance, as can any creature under the effects of True Seeing. While this effect is active, Aerophobos can make Hide checks as if he had concealment. Cloak of shadow doesn’t function in daylight, and it is the equivalent of a 3rd-level [darkness] effect for the purpose of interacting with light spells.

Enhanced Shadow Magic (Su): The strength of the effects created byAerophobos's shadow conjuration, shadow evocation, greater shadow conjuration, greater shadow evocation, and shades spells increases by 30%. That is, these spells are an additional 30% likely to affect disbelieving creatures and deal 30% more damage.This bonus also applies to figment spells transformed into shadow spells via the shadow illusion power (see above).This ability combines the effects of Enhanced Shadow Conjuration, Enhanced Shadow Evocation, and Powerful Shadow Magic into one ability for ease of reading, and is already included in Shadow Illusion below.

Evasion (Ex): Whenever Aerophobos makes a successful Reflex save against an attack that deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. This ability can only be used when he is wearing light or no armor, and when he is not helpless.

Extended Illusion (Ex): The duration of any illusion spell or spell-like ability Aerophobos uses is doubled, as if affected by Extend Spell. This does not change the casting time or spell level, and stacks with the actual Extend Spell feat if it is applied.

Flesh of Living Shadow (Ex): Aerophobos has taken the essence of shadow and darkness into his bodily form, partially transmuting him into a being of living shadow. He retains his corporeal form, but is extremely sensitive to certain forms of light. Any weapon with the Brilliant Energy quality automatically bypasses his Damage Reduction, in addition to its normal effects. Additionally, any weapon capable of giving off light as a torch (approximately 30% of magic weapons, by default) functions as a Bane weapon versus Aerophobos, gaining an additional +2 enhancement and +2d6 bonus damage. This does not stack with the Bane (Outsiders) enhancement, but does apply to Brilliant Energy weapons in addition to the effects above.

Immunities (Ex): Aerophobos is immune to electricity damage, fear effects, and poison.

Innate Magic (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos's sorcerous abilities have become a part of his very being, to a truly fundamental level. He casts his sorcerer spells as if they were spell-like abilities, requiring no verbal, somatic, or other components. Extremely powerful spells may have certain limitations on what components can be ignored.

Reflective Skin (Su): Aerophobos is permanently protected by a constant Spell Turning effect.

See In Darkness (Su): Aerophobos can see perfectly in any kind of normal or magical darkness.

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual fl ame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

Shadow Illusion (Su): Aerophobos is able to infuse some of his figments (see the list
below) with material from the Plane of Shadow, making them partially real. The subschool of these spells changes from figment to shadow. Aerophobos can use the altered spell to mimic any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning), conjuration (creation), or evocation spell at least one level lower than the illusion spell. The altered spell functions identically to the shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell, except that the spell’s strength equals 10% per level of the figment spell used, plus an additional 30%. For example, if Aerophobos uses silent image to create an acid splash, it would deal 40% of the normal damage to a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve the shadow. If she used programmed image to mimic summon monster V, the creature would have 80% of the hit points of a normal creature of its kind, and its damage would be 80% normal against a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve. A shadowcraft mage can apply shadow illusion to any of the following figment spells: silent image, minor image, major image, persistent image, and programmed image.

Shadow Feats: Aerophobos receives the Insidious Magic, Pernicious Magic, and Tenacious Magic feats as bonus feats. Collectively, these increase the DC to dispel any spell he casts to 15+caster level, gives him a +4 bonus to defeat spell resistance, and forces enemies attempting to detect the auras or effects of his spells via a divination spell, spell-like ability, or magic item to succeed on a caster level check with a DC of 11+his caster level (see Tenacious Illusions, below). This check may be made only once for each divination spell or ability used, regardless of the number of spell effects are operating in the area. These effects do not apply to spells of the Evocation or Transmutation schools, or against other creatures with the Shadow Weave  Magic feat.

Shadow Mein (Su): Aerophobos gains a +2 bonus to Disguise and Hide checks (included above).

Tenacious Illusions: The deep-rooted connections Aerophobos has with darkness and the magic of shadows infuses all of his illusions, infusing them with a sort of semi-reality that resists hostile divination effects. This modifies the effects of his Tenacious Magic feat, increasing the DC to 13+his caster level when the spell or ability in question is an illusion, and even effects that would automatically bypass illusions (such as See Invisibility or True Seeing) must check to overcome the effect. If they fail, they are subject to the spell as normal, including any regular saves to disbelieve or resist. This ability can affect other creatures with the Shadow Weave Magic feat.

Unnatural Aura: Aerophobos possesses an aura of unnatural power that disturbs and unnerves natural creatures. This gives him a -2 penalty on skill checks or Wild Empathy checks against creatures of the animal and vermin type, but also gives him a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and increases the save DCs of any fear effects he creates by 2. These bonuses and penalties have been included in abilities listed above.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2015, 09:55:23 PM
He seems like a very solid character to me.  I'm not quite sure I like him having been such an important figure in the Blood War in his backstory, but that's pretty easily fixed by merely making it what he believed happened.  Then, a good GM could probably give you a very entertaining plotline by raising the possibility that you were actually the one getting played by the Queen of Chaos all along, that she sent you visions and merely pretended to have been fooled by you so that you would give her the insider information she needed to dethrone Obox-Ob and make all the other Obyrith demon lords around at the time bow down to her whims.

True that may be bit extra cheesy but it's canon past event which I added just flavor. But as only Dagon knows this (not about his lover reincarnated but the facts remained of her existence), considering Vholdran already angered Dagon and so if Dagon figures out who he really is, he could sell information to Queen of Chaos or Obox-Ob and those two can be very nasty foes to deal with.

Anycase done in my fiendish aspect, is it okay?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 12:41:12 AM
Hmm.  You replaced your innate Druid casting with Archivist casting, correct?  Would you be alright with still having your bonus spells per day based off of your Wisdom score?

Considering that all archivists take a simple feat to eliminate wisdom from their spellcasting, making them SAD based on INT, so I don't see the point. Especially using wisdom. Its popular as a houserule to include similar feats for favored souls and other DAD casters, but the official rules only let archivists do it. Since its so easy for Archivists to become SAD i don't see why I need to be DAD. That said, if I must, I suppose i'd yield to spells per day based off int.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Having two attributes for casting is kind of a kick in the face since all those classes are already much weaker than standard spellcasters anyway, or at least much less versatile.

Even archivists, right out of the bag, are less versatile than Joe Cleric.

Zaer Darkwail

Honestly speaking both cleric and wizard are in tier 1 in class tier system; meaning both can be tremendously OP in given right selection of spells/domains.

Just curiousity; if your CL as cleric (or any caster) is equal to your HD once done the process, when we get level ups (extra HD and such), does the progression of said CL continue? Also when we level up do we just add outsider HD or take class levels but 'convert' it to outsider HD (for saves, SP, BAB etc).

PaleEnchantress

Kunoichi

...And I just now realized that when I worked up Torahime's character sheet, I forgot to factor in the bonuses from the Demon Lord template and was only working off of the bonuses provided by the Monster of Legend template and her base succubus racial bonuses.

*headdesk*

On the bright side, at least Torahime is about to get some boosts to her ability scores...

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2015, 03:12:12 AM
Here is my first draft of my sheet. Embodiment of Terror's wording was tweaked as per Kunoichi's suggestion. Tenacious Illusions was rewritten slightly, since I now have the actual Tenacious Magic feat, to make the feat work properly for illusions and increase the DC needed to pierce them by 2.

Character Sheet, Draft One

[Aerophobos, The Doom In The Darkness[/b]
4HD Shadow Creature Sylph Monster of Legend Nightmare Spinner 3/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Shadowcrafter 3/Shadow Adept 1
Size/Type: Small Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Ta'nar'ri)
Hit Dice: 16d8+128 (200 hp)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 55 ft. (9 squares), Fly 120 ft.
Armor Class:    36 (+8 Dex, +1 size, +17 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple:    +16/+18
Attack:    
Full Attack:    
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Embodiment of Terror, Frightful Presence, Inspire Fear, Nightmare Phantasm, Spells, Spell-Like Abilities, Spirit Chill, Summon Elemental, Wild Empathy
Special Qualities: Anathema to the Light, Bonus Spells, Cloak of Shadows, DR 20/Cold Iron, Epic, and Good, Enhanced Shadow Magic, Extended Illusion, Evasion, Fast Healing 2, Flesh of Living Shadow, Immunities, Innate Magic, Reflective Skin,  Resist Acid 10, Resist Fire 10, Resist Cold 15, See In Darkness, Shadow Blend, Shadow Illusion, Shadow Feats, Shadow Mien, Spell Resistance 29, Telepathy 300ft., Tenacious Illusions, Unnatural Aura
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +23, Will +21
Abilities: Str 22 (+6), Dex 26 (+8), Con 27 (+8), Int 20 (+5), Wis 22 (+6), Cha 35, (+12)
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +27, Disguise +33, Hide +29, Intimidate +33, Knowledge: Arcana +24, Knowledge: The Planes +24, Listen +27, Move Silently +27, Sense Motive +27, Spellcraft +24, Spot +27, Use Magic Device +31
Feats: Spell Focus (Illusion), Fel Frighten, Practical Metamagic (Fel Frighten), Rapid Metamagic, Arcane Thesis (Silent Image), Shadow Weave Magic, Improved Initiative(B), Multiattack(B), Greater Spell Focus (Illusion) (B), Dark Speech (B), Tenacious Magic (B), Insidious Magic (B), Pernicious Magic (B)
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Chaotic Evil   
Treasure:    

Description here

Combat
Combat tactics and abilities here.

Special Attacks

Embodiment of Terror (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos does not simply live fear, or project fear - he is fear, and forcing others to experience that fear is one of his most potent defenses. Any spells or abilities he possesses with the [Fear] descriptor or otherwise called out as being fear effects have their save DCs increased by 2 (stacking with Spell Focus), and such effects are potent enough to affect even targets otherwise immune to fear, though they still receive any saving throw to resist the effect. Only a target whose Hit Dice exceeds his Caster Level by 4 or more is immune to Embodiment of Terror.

Frightful Presence: When Aerophobos makes a threatening, echoing whisper, it inspires terror in all creatures within 20 feet that have fewer Hit Dice or levels than it has. Each potentially affected opponent must succeed at a DC36 Will save or become shaken—a condition that lasts until the opponent is out of range. A successful save leaves that opponent immune to that monster of legend’s frightful presence for 24 hours.

Inspire Fear (Su): 15 times per day, Aerophobos can create a mind-affecting fear effect that makes a living creature within 30ft. ill at ease. The target becomes shaken for 3 rounds, or 2 rounds if they succeed on a DC31 Will Save. Multiple uses of this ability on the same creature don't stack.

Nightmare Phantasm (Su): Up to 15 times per day when Aerophonos casts a figment or glamer spell, he can choose to weave a thread of nightmare phantasm into it as a free action. The spell gains the phantasm descriptor. Each time any enemy attempts a Will save to disbelieve the affected illusion spell, a tiny portion of the spell transforms into a phantasm effect that targets that enemy. The enemy becomes shaken for 1 round (no save). This ability has no other effect on the original spell's duration or effectiveness. No creature can be affected by this nightmare phantasm ability more than once in a 24-hour period. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Spells: Aerophobos casts spells as a 19th level sorcerer.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL16th):
At-Will - astral projection, blasphemy, blacklight, desecrate, detect good, detect law, fear, greater dispel magic, greater invisibility (self only), greater teleport, plane shift, polymorph (self only), telekinesis, unhallow, unholy aura, unholy blight
3/day - armor of darkness, spiritwall, symbol of fear
1/day - permanent image, simulacrum

Spirit Chill (Su): Creatures affected by one of Aerophobos's fear effects take nonlethal damage as well, depending on the potency of the fear created. Any creature that is shaken takes ld6 points of nonlethal damage. A creature that becomes frightened takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage, while a creature that becomes panicked takes 3d6 points of nonlethal damage.

Summon Elemental (Sp): Once per day, Aerophobos can summon an advanced (32HD) elder air, earth, fire, or water elemental with the Demonically Fused Elemental template applied to it. This is the equivalent of a 9th level spell.

Wild Empathy: Aerophobos can attempt to improve the attitude of an animal, as if making a diplomacy check. This requires the same amount of time as needed to use Diplomacy on a humanoid, but Aerophobos rolls 1d20+26 to determine the check result, including the penalty from his Unnatural Aura. He may attempt to use this ability on a Magical Beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 at a -2 penalty.

Special Qualities

Anathema to the Light )Unique) (Ex): Just as Aerophobos is burned by the touch of light, his magic is similarly infused with shadow and suffers when exposed to light. All of his spells and spell-like abilities are considered to have the [Darkness] descriptor for the purpose of being countered or dispelled by a [Light] spell of equal or higher level. This is an exception to the usual rule that spell-like abilities cannot be countered as they are cast.

When exposed directly to natural sunlight or cast in natural sunlight, not merely a Daylight spell, all of Aerophobos's spells suffer a -4 penalty to their caster level, and all opponents receive a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws versus those spells.

Bonus Spells (Ex): Aerophobos gains one extra spell slot of each level, that can only be used to cast an Illusion spell.

Cloak of Shadow (Su): As a free action, Aerophobos can wrap his body in shifting shadows, granting him a 40% miss chance against all attacks directed at him until he dismisses the effect. Any creature capable of seeing through magical darkness can ignore this miss chance, as can any creature under the effects of True Seeing. While this effect is active, Aerophobos can make Hide checks as if he had concealment. Cloak of shadow doesn’t function in daylight, and it is the equivalent of a 3rd-level [darkness] effect for the purpose of interacting with light spells.

Enhanced Shadow Magic (Su): The strength of the effects created byAerophobos's shadow conjuration, shadow evocation, greater shadow conjuration, greater shadow evocation, and shades spells increases by 30%. That is, these spells are an additional 30% likely to affect disbelieving creatures and deal 30% more damage.This bonus also applies to figment spells transformed into shadow spells via the shadow illusion power (see above).This ability combines the effects of Enhanced Shadow Conjuration, Enhanced Shadow Evocation, and Powerful Shadow Magic into one ability for ease of reading, and is already included in Shadow Illusion below.

Evasion (Ex): Whenever Aerophobos makes a successful Reflex save against an attack that deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. This ability can only be used when he is wearing light or no armor, and when he is not helpless.

Extended Illusion (Ex): The duration of any illusion spell or spell-like ability Aerophobos uses is doubled, as if affected by Extend Spell. This does not change the casting time or spell level, and stacks with the actual Extend Spell feat if it is applied.

Flesh of Living Shadow (Ex): Aerophobos has taken the essence of shadow and darkness into his bodily form, partially transmuting him into a being of living shadow. He retains his corporeal form, but is extremely sensitive to certain forms of light. Any weapon with the Brilliant Energy quality automatically bypasses his Damage Reduction, in addition to its normal effects. Additionally, any weapon capable of giving off light as a torch (approximately 30% of magic weapons, by default) functions as a Bane weapon versus Aerophobos, gaining an additional +2 enhancement and +2d6 bonus damage. This does not stack with the Bane (Outsiders) enhancement, but does apply to Brilliant Energy weapons in addition to the effects above.

Immunities (Ex): Aerophobos is immune to electricity damage, fear effects, and poison.

Innate Magic (Unique) (Ex): Aerophobos's sorcerous abilities have become a part of his very being, to a truly fundamental level. He casts his sorcerer spells as if they were spell-like abilities, requiring no verbal, somatic, or other components. Extremely powerful spells may have certain limitations on what components can be ignored.

Reflective Skin (Su): Aerophobos is permanently protected by a constant Spell Turning effect.

See In Darkness (Su): Aerophobos can see perfectly in any kind of normal or magical darkness.

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual fl ame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

Shadow Illusion (Su): Aerophobos is able to infuse some of his figments (see the list
below) with material from the Plane of Shadow, making them partially real. The subschool of these spells changes from figment to shadow. Aerophobos can use the altered spell to mimic any sorcerer or wizard conjuration (summoning), conjuration (creation), or evocation spell at least one level lower than the illusion spell. The altered spell functions identically to the shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell, except that the spell’s strength equals 10% per level of the figment spell used, plus an additional 30%. For example, if Aerophobos uses silent image to create an acid splash, it would deal 40% of the normal damage to a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve the shadow. If she used programmed image to mimic summon monster V, the creature would have 80% of the hit points of a normal creature of its kind, and its damage would be 80% normal against a creature that succeeds on its Will save to disbelieve. A shadowcraft mage can apply shadow illusion to any of the following figment spells: silent image, minor image, major image, persistent image, and programmed image.

Shadow Feats: Aerophobos receives the Insidious Magic, Pernicious Magic, and Tenacious Magic feats as bonus feats. Collectively, these increase the DC to dispel any spell he casts to 15+caster level, gives him a +4 bonus to defeat spell resistance, and forces enemies attempting to detect the auras or effects of his spells via a divination spell, spell-like ability, or magic item to succeed on a caster level check with a DC of 11+his caster level (see Tenacious Illusions, below). This check may be made only once for each divination spell or ability used, regardless of the number of spell effects are operating in the area. These effects do not apply to spells of the Evocation or Transmutation schools, or against other creatures with the Shadow Weave  Magic feat.

Shadow Mein (Su): Aerophobos gains a +2 bonus to Disguise and Hide checks (included above).

Tenacious Illusions: The deep-rooted connections Aerophobos has with darkness and the magic of shadows infuses all of his illusions, infusing them with a sort of semi-reality that resists hostile divination effects. This modifies the effects of his Tenacious Magic feat, increasing the DC to 13+his caster level when the spell or ability in question is an illusion, and even effects that would automatically bypass illusions (such as See Invisibility or True Seeing) must check to overcome the effect. If they fail, they are subject to the spell as normal, including any regular saves to disbelieve or resist. This ability can affect other creatures with the Shadow Weave Magic feat.

Unnatural Aura: Aerophobos possesses an aura of unnatural power that disturbs and unnerves natural creatures. This gives him a -2 penalty on skill checks or Wild Empathy checks against creatures of the animal and vermin type, but also gives him a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and increases the save DCs of any fear effects he creates by 2. These bonuses and penalties have been included in abilities listed above.

Looks pretty good to me thus far. ^^

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 18, 2015, 07:56:25 AM
True that may be bit extra cheesy but it's canon past event which I added just flavor. But as only Dagon knows this (not about his lover reincarnated but the facts remained of her existence), considering Vholdran already angered Dagon and so if Dagon figures out who he really is, he could sell information to Queen of Chaos or Obox-Ob and those two can be very nasty foes to deal with.

Anycase done in my fiendish aspect, is it okay?

It's got too many special abilities.  You get the innate traits of the Obyrith subtype, and then get to pick two of your special abilities to transfer over, and they might need to be toned down to fit a CR 7 creature.  When it comes to picking which two to transfer over, it's probably a good idea to think of the Fiendish Aspect as reflecting one specific facet of your demon lord's nature.

That said, you actually might have toned down your Gaze of Madness ability a little too much (or it might just be that I'm misreading it).  How about making it something like 'Foes who approach within 30 ft. of the Aspect of Vholdran suffer as though targeted by a vision of entropy spell, and must make a DC 19 Will saving throw against that spell's effects each round that they remain within range.  The effect lingers for 8 rounds upon foes who withdraw from the range of the aspect's gaze.'

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 08:26:58 AM
Considering that all archivists take a simple feat to eliminate wisdom from their spellcasting, making them SAD based on INT, so I don't see the point. Especially using wisdom. Its popular as a houserule to include similar feats for favored souls and other DAD casters, but the official rules only let archivists do it. Since its so easy for Archivists to become SAD i don't see why I need to be DAD. That said, if I must, I suppose i'd yield to spells per day based off int.
Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 18, 2015, 09:09:54 AM
Having two attributes for casting is kind of a kick in the face since all those classes are already much weaker than standard spellcasters anyway, or at least much less versatile.

Even archivists, right out of the bag, are less versatile than Joe Cleric.

Alright, point taken.  Since the GM has spoken, I've no longer got any objections to the special quality in question.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 12:03:13 PM
Are we using elite arrow for cohorts and followers too?

I don't think we've worked out how we're handling cohorts and followers at all, to be honest.  Elite array is probably a good idea for cohorts, and I'm thinking standard NPC starting wealth would probably be a good idea for both cohorts and followers.  Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

TheGlyphstone

My thoughts are that I've gotten all the Leadership shenanigans I can handle already in the Legendary Monsters game with my cult, so I won't be touching the feat at all over here.

General thoughts: Since I don't really have as much need for items/weapons being a primary caster, I'm probably going to make my expensive 'signature item' be a custom Runestaff with a bunch of useful spells. Will anyone consider it unreasonably cheesy if I go dipping into unusual (arcane) spell lists in the process, giving me a limited access to spells I'd need to tap a limited wish for otherwise? For example, Trapsmith is Arcane and gets Haste as a 1st level spell, and a very small selection of other spells at levels lower than normal. Dread Necromancer is Arcane and gets Death Ward, which is normally a Cleric spell. Bard sometimes has some unusual unique spells that are proprietary to its list.

Lockepick

With Runestaves, I think the spell needs to be in your current spell list in order to pull that spell -- though Emulating a Class (Trapsmith or whatever) via UMD would most likely get around that. I assume with your Charisma that the check would be a moot point anyway, even if you only have 1 rank in UMD.

Only issue I could see there is that you're emulating a class that uses 'caster level =  1/2 class level' (or a prestige class which is a similar progression) -- even using it through the Runestaff, your Caster Level might only be half your normal Caster Level. With or without that ruling -- it doesn't bother me either way!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kunoichi

Torahime's statblock has been updated.  As for the custom runestaff idea, I've got no issues with the basic concept.  I might have an objection to a spell or two, depending on what you can dig up, but the basic idea of your character having a Staff of Many Spells or whatever you want to call the item in question sounds rather cool. ^^

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: lockepick on May 18, 2015, 01:18:46 PM
With Runestaves, I think the spell needs to be in your current spell list in order to pull that spell -- though Emulating a Class (Trapsmith or whatever) via UMD would most likely get around that. I assume with your Charisma that the check would be a moot point anyway, even if you only have 1 rank in UMD.

Only issue I could see there is that you're emulating a class that uses 'caster level =  1/2 class level' (or a prestige class which is a similar progression) -- even using it through the Runestaff, your Caster Level might only be half your normal Caster Level. With or without that ruling -- it doesn't bother me either way!

You're correct on the first bit, after a review - I'd need to make UMD checks to trick the staff into thinking I had its contents on my class list, but you're also correct that my UMD check is sufficient to make that a non-issue.

The second bit isn't a problem though - it specifically says you cast it as if you were the caster, including caster level and save DCs.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on May 18, 2015, 12:03:13 PM
Are we using elite arrow for cohorts and followers too?

I'll say, elite array for cohorts, nonelite for followers.
Standard NPC starting wealth.

TheGlyphstone

This is the ultimate spell list
of ultimate destiny
Bad guys, worse guys, and illusions
As far as the eye can see
And only one will survive
I know that it will be me
This is the ultimate spell list
of ultimate destiny...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 18, 2015, 12:30:06 PM
It's got too many special abilities.  You get the innate traits of the Obyrith subtype, and then get to pick two of your special abilities to transfer over, and they might need to be toned down to fit a CR 7 creature.  When it comes to picking which two to transfer over, it's probably a good idea to think of the Fiendish Aspect as reflecting one specific facet of your demon lord's nature.

That said, you actually might have toned down your Gaze of Madness ability a little too much (or it might just be that I'm misreading it).  How about making it something like 'Foes who approach within 30 ft. of the Aspect of Vholdran suffer as though targeted by a vision of entropy spell, and must make a DC 19 Will saving throw against that spell's effects each round that they remain within range.  The effect lingers for 8 rounds upon foes who withdraw from the range of the aspect's gaze.'

Too many abilities? The spell-alikes are from his ogre magi (and I think all his aspects get those as part of him being what he originally was), divine casting is his special attack and then it's 1-2 special qualities correct? Anycase edit the gaze description as intention was the people are targeted every round the effect.